Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Tytan wrote:
Frost could be best friends with Halo 4:
I'm less a rowdy drunk and more a god-complex-type drunk.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Tytan wrote:
I'm less a rowdy drunk and more a god-complex-type drunk.
You'd synergize well.

As long as you can overcome the fact that technically he's in the navy.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Hey, it ain't the fuckin' Chair Force, so I can deal.

In other news, I think the main reason I've not put a christmas hat on my avatar is because I kinda hate christmas and have no cheer whatsoever. 'Specially once you bring that "peace on Earth" hippy bullshit in.

Alternative holidays:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Tytan wrote:
Reminds me of my trip to Ireland. A drunk green guy holding a partially-aborted fetus and crying manly tears of pride.

Mister Frost wrote:1. Well, that's what Guerilla warfare is for. Until the guys you're Guerilla-ing call fires in. Then you find out why Gorillas are endangered.
2. You're not far off. The Rangers' motto; "Rangers lead the way", is actually Old Bulvanian for "In the name of Ragnes, Lord of Wrathful Flame, thou art cast from your throne of Earth to the depths from whence thy ilk marched forth"

1. Nothing scratches an itch like napalm.

2. It’s always interesting when a sentence in one language means something completely different in another. Like that one Ukrainian militiaman whose “war name” is Semen.

Mister Frost wrote:I always assumed it was because they're lead by "Great Dragons" and "Grand Imperial Wizards." District Attorney's like "Motherfucker, I get paid a third of what I'd make in a private practice. Y'all don't bring me in to get hexed and sacked and pillaged and shit. Fuck y'all." (The DA, ironically, is also black)

That happens more commonly in the western chapters. Louisiana and eastward, people treat magic like a normal thing.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:45 pm

To satisfy my curiosity I went and looked up what all happened to the branches of the military in Halo.

Navy- Biggest dick G's. Basically run all the shit.

Marines- Navy's bitch. Basically do what they say.

Air Force- Navy's other bitch. Entirely dependent on the Navy.

Army- Not the Navy's bitch, but relegated to protecting land based installations and largely responsible for ground combat (but of course the marines get all the glory).
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:47 pm

Mister Frost wrote:In other news, I think the main reason I've not put a christmas hat on my avatar is because I kinda hate christmas and have no cheer whatsoever. 'Specially once you bring that "peace on Earth" hippy bullshit in.
Embrace the grand orgy of capitalist excess. Don the red phrygian cap of the Great Spymaster.

@Tytan
And everybody is ONI's bitch.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Scienza wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:In other news, I think the main reason I've not put a christmas hat on my avatar is because I kinda hate christmas and have no cheer whatsoever. 'Specially once you bring that "peace on Earth" hippy bullshit in.
Embrace the grand orgy of capitalist excess. Don the red phrygian cap of the Great Spymaster.

@Tytan

Office of NAVAL Intelligence.

Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Scienza wrote:Embrace the grand orgy of capitalist excess. Don the red phrygian cap of the Great Spymaster.
Did someone say capitalistic excess?!

*looks up how to add the hat*

Fuck that shit, man. Workers of the world, unite!
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:01 am

Tytan wrote:
Scienza wrote:

@Tytan

Nominally, but ONI basically operates completely independently of everyone including themselves.

@Hats
It's something that I picked up from G+, where basically half the fun was seeing how ridiculous and shitty most people's edits could get. It had a tendency to escalate.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:10 am

Scienza wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Scienza wrote:
@Tytan

Nominally, but ONI basically operates completely independently of everyone including themselves.

@Hats
It's something that I picked up from G+, where basically half the fun was seeing how ridiculous and shitty most people's edits could get. It had a tendency to escalate.
I'd argue that they are the navy.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:11 am

Scienza wrote:It's something that I picked up from G+, where basically half the fun was seeing how ridiculous and shitty most people's edits could get. It had a tendency to escalate.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Tumblr_myaijqzhkI1save0go1_500
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:17 am

Tytan wrote:I'd argue that they are the navy.
Sure, but there's still the folks who fly ships and don't experiment on children. By the time you reach the post-Covenant War period, it becomes hard to argue that ONI is even part of the UNSC anymore, since all they're doing is actively sabotaging everyone else and imploding under the weight of their own paranoia. The individual branches of ONI don't even trust each other anymore.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:20 am

I know we've posted this before, but there's still nothing about this I don't find funny:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:26 am

Tytan wrote:
I know we've posted this before, but there's still nothing about this I don't find funny:
This is literally the unadulterated essence of the internet condensed into three minutes.

Bravo.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:29 am

I felt you needed to see it Whiskey.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:35 am

Tytan wrote:I felt you needed to see it Whiskey.
I've emerged a changed man.

Nay, to call what I was a "man"...

Preposterous.

This machinima released me from the bonds of boyhood, and lead me forth into my new life.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:44 am

Whiskey Rebellion wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I always assumed it was because they're lead by "Great Dragons" and "Grand Imperial Wizards." District Attorney's like "Motherfucker, I get paid a third of what I'd make in a private practice. Y'all don't bring me in to get hexed and sacked and pillaged and shit. Fuck y'all." (The DA, ironically, is also black)
That happens more commonly in the western chapters. Louisiana and eastward, people treat magic like a normal thing.
I always thought it was Cali that was simply magical *limp wrist*
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:49 am

RIP Headphone Users:
I'd just like to introduce everyone to the best band.

Mister Frost wrote:I always thought it was Cali that was simply magical *limp wrist*
That's just what the government wants you to think. You want magic? New Orleans has voodoo. Orlando has the actual Disney theme park. Atlanta has the Coca-cola headquarters. California has nothing more magical than the whitest populace of any state.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:58 am

1. I saw them in concert about....4 weeks hence? They and Amon Amarth swung by El Paso and absolutely crushed it. I'd say Resist and Bite rivals Panzerkampf for my favorite song from them.

2. California also has a lot of dirty foreign gangbangers, too.

I can say that. Because you're brown.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:07 am

Mister Frost wrote:1. I saw them in concert about....4 weeks hence? They and Amon Amarth swung by El Paso and absolutely crushed it. I'd say Resist and Bite rivals Panzerkampf for my favorite song from them.

2. California also has a lot of dirty foreign gangbangers, too.

I can say that. Because you're brown.
1. I saw them in Atlanta a few months ago. Pretty damn hardcore.

2. Yeah, they got them too. Damn Mexicans. Coming in to our country and taking over our illicit narcotics trade. We can make our own, pendejos.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:13 am

Forcing the way into foreign nations and supplanting trade is our thing, motherfuckers.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:33 am

that's putting it mildly

-
the only people I owe my loyalty to are the ones that never made me question theirs

Interesting motto
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:22 am

Tytan wrote:

Needs more LSD.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:32 am

@Christmas Hats
I like mine pretty well.

@Sabaton
If I ever decide to get into power metal, I'll probably start with them. They come highly recommended.

@Far Cry 3 (being open-world)
I think part of the reason it feels like that is because there aren't really any questlines other than the primary one. Sure, there are "quests" out there, but most of them feel like activities and have no continuity. Compare that to an Elder Scrolls game, whose sidequests are often better than the main one. For Far Cry 3's open world stuff, you kinda have to be self-motivated I think - deciding that you don't have enough money, so you lay mines on a road and wait for the inevitable, for instance. This is especially the case for radio towers. The game doesn't linearly force you to do things (like radio towers) in any kind of order, but it punishes you for not doing them by denying you a minimap in certain areas or preventing you from carrying as many lawyers, guns, and money as you'd like if you don't hunt stuff (which, in turn, you need either a specific activity or an activated radio tower to do). Your mileage varies depending on how much enjoyment you get from the gameplay patterns.

In other news, last week I was at a Super Smash Bros. Project M tournament (not 'cos I'm particularly good, my tech skill is damn near non-existent, but 'cos one of my friends is and it's a good time) and there was this little kid who was easily in the top 20% of people there. It was apparently the first time he'd ever played against real people. Child prodigies are scary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:01 am

@Tytan and Whisky

You want me to slap Christmas crap on your avatars, or are you good?

-

*sees that Hasbro's Youtube Channel has put out Mane 6 Season 5 Teasers*

*the trailers don't tease a single thing we don't already know from the first four seasons other than Season 5 i coming in Spring 2015*

Why would you do that:

Dat Soundtrack though:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Do you know how to load a pistol without chambering a round and without taking the weapon apart? Congratulations, you are smarter than this fucking mall cop they have teaching this class. 

Apparently, inserting a magazine and just not racking the slide doesn't work. You're supposed to hit the takedown lever to let the slide go forward (partially disassembling the weapon) and then insert the magazine. 

This because she is attempting to teach a room full of soldiers how to operate weapons
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:36 pm

The latest internet craze:

I can't take mall cops seriously...it's just not physically possible

You should become a teacher, Frost; although I have the feeling you hate classrooms with a passion
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:04 pm

The bigger problem is that I kinda hate children. And babies, toddlers, teenagers, young adults, middle-aged adults, and the elderly.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Good luck with that
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Mister Frost wrote:The bigger problem is that I kinda hate children. And babies, toddlers, teenagers, young adults, middle-aged adults, and the elderly.
Ghosts.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next