Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 13 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:24 am

Also there were shitloads of evil females in New Vegas.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 13 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:43 am

There were plenty of powerful women in media before they became commonplace--just rarely in the mainstream, and rarely in very popular works. Likewise, Amnesia, while successful for an indie game, isn't particularly well-known outside gamer circles, and New Vegas, while successful especially for a Western RPG that doesn't have "Bioware" on the box, also doesn't have the same drawing power that Bioshock Infinite and the other examples have come to have. I think TB's speaking in general terms regarding the mainstream.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:36 am

With the point the article made about Elizabeth being less brutal than Booker I agree with the notable exception of the scissor murder. If you play Burial at sea 2 the way it was intended you aren't even capable of killing anyone. But on the point of Booker suffering more than Elizabeth? Yeah Booker gets a drill through his chest in burial at sea but Elizabeth gets almost lobotomized and beaten to death with a wrench. In the main game she's tortured for an unknown amount of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 am

Turns out I was wrong when I said the way the game was intended to be played. I could have sworn back when irrational games announced 1998 mode that they had said something like that but it turns out that's not the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:59 am

Dwarf Fortress is... well...

Bay 12 News wrote:Today saw the addition of an oft-requested feature -- the ability to geld!

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:24 am

Bayonetta isn't a female God of War?

You don't get to complain about content:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Tytan wrote:Eugenics seems perfectly reasonable. The only reasons no one will go for it is one, nazis, and two, for some reason people wanna fuck whoever they want.
Can't tell if sarcasm or not.

I could go into a long rant on the subject, but no one would cares, not even me. I'm just curious, tho': do you know what Eugenics -is-, exactly?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Low-scale genetic manipulation through controlled breeding for desired traits?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Artificial selection (essentially controlled breeding) of a given population. While not required, regimes that have practiced or tried to practice this in the past also seek to remove the less desirable 'breeds' or end-results from the gene pool--from primitive methods like Sparta's discarding deformed or sick babies to Nazi Germany's methodical and (pseudo-)scientific "Aryan" breeding and undesirable-mass-exterminations.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Also don't forget how countries like Sweden practiced up to the 60's and I think 70's the forced sterilisation of disabled people.

Or how some places in the US forced the sterilisation of black women.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:56 pm

Hard to believe it's only been 50 years or so, eh?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Unrelated: Graphic content warning:

A peaceful movement that just wants a land of their own.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Oh, that's not gonna end well

Well, I guess it's time for World War...uh...

What number are we on now? Is it 3 or 4?

Meanwhile, Gauntlets:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Last I heard there was some debate about the Cold War being a third world war, but this was back in high school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Cold War: The heated stare-down between two nuclear powers
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:19 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Cold War: The heated stare-down between two nuclear powers
Yeah, I'd consider it less of war, per se, and more of a game of chicken, or a dick measuring contest where thankfully neither side wanted to start in case the other side actually was bigger.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:35 pm

I've just found the trailer that was made for Freespace Open. It's damn impressive.

Can't even imagine all the work they had to do with the mission editor. But there's something even more awesome:

Um... actually, it has spoilers for the Release 1 of War in Heaven, so careful there:

Before I'd encountered Blue Planet, I haven't known that user-made mods can be this great.
I meant, for things that are not Dwarf Fortress.

Actually, Blue Planet is the closest thing to Freespace 3 that we're probably going to see.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:47 pm

There's this movie on netflix it's called Harlock Space pirate, in it's favor it's pretty damn good looking for a CG movie. The story though is completely incoherent. I only have a general idea of what's going on and who these people are. Things just seem to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Just finished seeing Interstellar. As a Sci-fi, it was quite good. Not the most original sci-fi type setting, but good. As a character drama, it was also quite good. Interesting driving dynamic complicated by the sci-fi considerations. As a hard-science setting, it was absolutely horrible, though that's to be expected from a movie called "interstellar" and not featuring unmanned probes going to Proxima Centuri, but that can be forgiven as that's about as exciting as watching bacterial cultures develop in a can of spam.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:25 am

swicked wrote:Just finished seeing the new Hunger Games movie. It was good.
Don't bother staying until after the credits. There is nothing.
I can confirm that this movie is good. Suffers from the 'part 1' syndrome, but there were quite a few very powerful scenes that are still haunting me.

On the subject of movies I must also say GOSEEBIGHEROSIXIT'SSOFUCKINGGOOD.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:31 am

Tytan wrote:On the subject of movies I must also say GOSEEBIGHEROSIXIT'SSOFUCKINGGOOD.
Likewise, though I'd say it with more spaces and not say it with capslock on.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:53 am

Mister Frost wrote:
Tytan wrote:On the subject of movies I must also say GOSEEBIGHEROSIXIT'SSOFUCKINGGOOD.
Likewise, though I'd say it with more spaces and not say it with capslock on.
I wanted to show that I thought Big Hero 6 was much better that the pretty darn good Hunger Games.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:15 am

I've watched this three times and I'm still losing my shit.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:19 am

Hey, any family meal that doesn't end with the cops being called is a good get-together with my folks.

Happens less often nowadays, since the family members the cops got called on are either dead or in prison.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:24 am

Mister Frost wrote:Hey, any family meal that doesn't end with the cops being called is a good get-together with my folks.

Happens less often nowadays, since the family members the cops got called on are either dead or in prison.

Ah Thanksgiving.

The family gathers in the designated familial eating area.

The patriarch dissects and portions out dead bird flesh.

And the visage of the devil appears in the dessert.

Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:33 am

Either in the dessert, or all over the floor after Uncle Ricky's had a bit too much to drink and Uncle Ralph gut-punched him over their card game.

Incidentally, that's usually about the time the police step in.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:50 am

I liked big hero six more because it managed to be entertaining and funny, but also deep and dealt with some interesting themes which would likely go way over younger audiences heads.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:10 am

I agree. Some real shit happened in that movie.

unrelated:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:53 pm

I have never seen a sign that sarcastic

One of these days, I'll watch THG in a four-part marathon

Until then, I'll chortle over the Honest Trailers, How It Should Have Ended and Everything Wrong With... videos
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Welp, I got Dragon Age: Inquisition. So, the good news is that the gameplay and story are fucking excellent, as always for Bioware games. The bad news is that the graphics are ludicrously bad on 360 (and, if the forums are any indication, PS3 as well). I get that it's a graphically intense game on a next-gen engine that's being forced onto seven-year-old hardware, but it's basically unacceptably bad right now. Game-breakingly bad. Origins looked better than this at points. Throw in a smorgasbord of framerate and freezing issues and you end up with an experience that's almost painful. Which is a shame because, as mentioned, the gameplay and writing are super fucking amazing and that's what's keeping me going.

One of the Bioware guys said that they're going to patch it at some point, but there hasn't been any official statement. So, yeah, if you don't have an Xbone, a PS4, or a decent enough PC, I'd wait before getting Inquisition, at least until a patch comes out.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next