Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
O. Hinds
Tytan
Scienza
Katarn
Kattlarv
brony all alone
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Vinylshadow
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
20 posters

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:06 am

Last wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:People aren't joking when they talk about 'positive' discrimination. An LTC's still in deep shit for breaking up a PDA between two female officers, even though PDA's of any kind are not allowed in uniform--least of all, service uniforms at a formal event.

Essentially an issue of inappropriate conduct is turned into an issue of homophobia because of the sex of the two people involved? The article says later something about making an example of the man in question. I have to ask an example of what? That if you treat your homosexual co-workers (Co-workers is appropriate here right?) equally that you will be punished for it? That seems to be the message.
I feel that this is sort of a problem with many women's and gay rights activists, in that they tend to go after easy cases that they think can win but don't actually advance their causes. While you could argue that the military has something of a history with these kinds of issues (based on the date, the incident would have happened a few months after DADT was repealed. Not trying to justify the decision, just saying that these kinds of things were sort of at the forefront), there are far better places to be directing focus. For example, rape of women serving in the military is an issue, and it's still completely cool to discriminate against various sexual orientations in the civilian workforce.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:27 am

Sci pretty much hit the nail on the head--it was just after DADT, and the Army didn't want to be seen showing any sort of leniency, even justified, against what could be seen as violations. Combine that with a lot of organizations--especially ones like the Army--overcompensating with movements toward equal rights and moving them into 'special rights', and you have issues like this. 

Though, to give the devil his due, it bears mentioning that, in recent days, the issue has rather normalized. Not in my time have I seen an issue like this. And racial factors--still actually believed to be a problem in some environments, especially the South--is an absolute non-issue. People of all races are at all ranks, with nary a question asked.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Meanwhile, Fox News finally arrives at last week's news...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Breaking news: Someone in the Pentagon isn't retarded
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:41 pm

Scienza wrote:
I feel that this is sort of a problem with many women's and gay rights activists, in that they tend to go after easy cases that they think can win but don't actually advance their causes. While you could argue that the military has something of a history with these kinds of issues (based on the date, the incident would have happened a few months after DADT was repealed. Not trying to justify the decision, just saying that these kinds of things were sort of at the forefront), there are far better places to be directing focus. For example, rape of women serving in the military is an issue, and it's still completely cool to discriminate against various sexual orientations in the civilian workforce.

I'd argue that it sets them back. There has to be limit here, there has to be a point where you cry homophobia, racism and misogyny one too many times at these non issues before your credibility is gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Ergo, Tumblr "feminists" alienating most women nowadays and a lot of women outright opposing the modern "movement"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Ergo, Tumblr "feminists" alienating most women nowadays and a lot of women outright opposing the modern "movement"
Hell, most feminists off tumblr want to be shut of them. Problem is they appeal to the me-too us-vs.-them demographic, and generate media attention with their antics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:50 pm

@Vinyl: Decent unisex term yeah. Been using cock block and clam jam till now xP
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:35 am

So many terms to describe arseholes who prevent the sexing from happening...

Dock Blocks are the ones that prevent the ship from even sailing
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 pm

But enjoyable.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Ugh. Origin can't seem to pick up a decent download speed for some reason, so it'll probably be getting DA3 for a couple days.

Has anyone tried it already? Is it better or worse than last time?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:44 pm

@Ava: Not sure what it was about, as the comic proper resumes a few pages later
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Hm. I really can't say I have any credible theories to put out as of yet. I'll have to see how things develop
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:10 pm

@Ava

Filler, perhaps?

Pokemon Fangirling:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:18 pm

@Val
Yup. DLed Origin-rip from torrent. Game is awesome so far, though "hair gloss" making me mad. Re-playing it after I'll finish it will be pain in the ass..all of resources to gather again..ugh.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Valikdu wrote:Ugh. Origin can't seem to pick up a decent download speed for some reason, so it'll probably be getting DA3 for a couple days.

Has anyone tried it already? Is it better or worse than last time?
I'm hearing good things about Inquisition. My pre-order'll be arriving soon (yay, physical copies!), so that should be fun. So far, it looks like it combines all the things I loved about Origins (player customization, wide open world, big epic story) with all the things I loved about DA2 (gameplay, fantastic companion characters, Varric). 

So much hype.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:23 pm

I've never gotten much into the DA franchise, but my roommate seems rather enamored with Inquisition so far.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:40 pm

Unrelated: Something applicable not only to Ranger Up, but the internet at large.

Looking at you, Tumblr:

Update: 

This....isn't even funny:

Last edited by Mister Frost on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:00 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I've never gotten much into the DA franchise, but my roommate seems rather enamored with Inquisition so far.
DA's awesome. I could nerd out forever about it's complex and interesting takes on magic, religion, and politics in a dark fantasy setting, or it's excellent characters, or just that it's basically a history nerd's wet dream. Of the games, I'd say that Origins was the better game but that DA2 is my personal favorite.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:14 pm

Well, yes, ignoring protests/street preachers is entirely understandable no matter the viewpoint. I just find it rather....interesting that the general reaction seemed to be a level of support for the murderous anti-Western terrorist group/insurgency and an overwhelmingly negative reaction to a nation that (*desperately tries to avoid starting a flame war on this thread*) is another shade of grey in a whole grey, soupy mess of a political situation.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:33 pm

Agreed entirely. Factor in the fact that they've expressed total hatred for the evil, fascist American capitalist pig-dogs, and you've got a recipe for the total approval of every pot-smoking self-professed intellectual ever to cash in his trust fund to attend a place like Berkley. 

Naturally (and as a corollary to the other video) they will never go so far as to actually lend any real support to this cause that they supposedly believe in, just pay it lip service as their safe little form of rebellion. Contrast with The American veteran who died fighting in Ukraine after going there on his own expense and enlisting of his own volition.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:52 pm

On an unrelated note, the internet strikes again.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:16 pm

I hate assholes that've gotta ruin shit for everyone else.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Ergo, Eugenics was the bee's knees until the Nazis came along. We could all be Ubermensch by now, but no, you've gotta have pretty blond hair so your girlfriend thinks you're kawaii while you enslave Europe.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:31 am

Eugenics seems perfectly reasonable. The only reasons no one will go for it is one, nazis, and two, for some reason people wanna fuck whoever they want.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:10 pm

Ah, yes, general anxiety. I am somewhat intimately familiar with this.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Not bad over here. Splitting wood with a sledgehammer and wedges. We really don't need more at this point, but waste not, want not, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:07 pm

The weekend's here, so I can't complain, I suppose. Thanksgiving's next week, and, more importantly, Christmas is coming up. First chance I'll have to see the folks and bros and whatnot since early July.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:52 pm

TB posted this on his twitter. It's an interesting read but I don't agree with everything in it especially when she brings up bioshock infinite. I think she's forgetting Elizabeth murders another woman with a pair of scissors and the lobotomy scene at least for me was harder to watch than anything that happened to Booker. We also witness her being tortured in the main game, a probe being shoved through her spine.

http://thespectacularspider-girl.tumblr.com/post/102919064149/representation-of-women-in-videogames-the-cause

Also she mentions there not being a female god of war. Has anyone here played heavenly sword? I haven't played it but I've always heard it being described as goddess of war. Any truth to that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:17 pm

I can't say I've played Heavenly Sword, but I find myself agreeing with a lot of the other points being made. Yes, Elizabeth is capable of violence, as are others we see in media, but its rarely to the same brutal, visceral extend we see concerning male characters.
also, I hope to god this is real:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next