Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:34 am

Icy Shake wrote:With that, my mind went to "I am the one who knocks" . . . and I've never watched Breaking Bad. Might be because right now, after the last season and a half, two seasons, I really don't want to see similarities to Doctor Who in things I like.

Also, thanks, Wavemaster, for the link. Still hilarious.

Aww, you should watch BB. For reference I was referring to the line in the aptly named episode, "Say My Name."
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vixie Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Read the chapter, stared at my screen in shock for about 10 minutes.

I did notice a typo

FoEPH ch71 wrote:“Hey.  I can do profound,” I said as I pouted at her.  “And ‘Sexy’ is profound.  It fucks the target over any leaves them a complete wreck afterwards.”

I'm pretty sure that should be and?

On a similar note, Sexy was the perfect name for a gun named by BJ.

I should post here more often and bug the PHCC people to play more games

Vixie
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Vixie wrote:Read the chapter, stared at my screen in shock for about 10 minutes.

I did notice a typo

FoEPH ch71 wrote:“Hey.  I can do profound,” I said as I pouted at her.  “And ‘Sexy’ is profound.  It fucks the target over any leaves them a complete wreck afterwards.”

I'm pretty sure that should be and?

On a similar note, Sexy was the perfect name for a gun named by BJ.

Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Vixie wrote:
Good luck. Derpmind and I have tried plenty, it's pretty much a lost cause. How
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Silver136 wrote:
Vixie wrote:
Mostly due to Rp taking up weekends and school taking up the weekdays. Now that the meadows ford rp is done and winter break is only a little bit away things could be start up again soon.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:11 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:With that, my mind went to "I am the one who knocks" . . . and I've never watched Breaking Bad. Might be because right now, after the last season and a half, two seasons, I really don't want to see similarities to Doctor Who in things I like.

Also, thanks, Wavemaster, for the link. Still hilarious.

Aww, you should watch BB. For reference I was referring to the line in the aptly named episode, "Say My Name."
That makes more sense than the good but relatively unrelated megalomaniacal/hubristic rant I was thinking of.

Sadly, the list of things I need to watch is pretty long (including not only BB but Game of Thrones and basically the whole DC live action lineup, and probably more), and I've got a lot less time than I'd like until December at the very earliest.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:33 am

Somber wrote:I miss Mel.  And Sindri.  And... just... so many people who used to comment on here all the time.
Read the 70 and 71 back to back 2 days ago. Odd how I can leave the story for a while and return "just" in time for a new release.
Not that anyone really missed me.

I might as well write my other thoughts here too...

I felt legit feels with Glory's last words via intercom, more feels than I ever remember feeling for any fictional character, hell in the top three real life included

After her breakup with Blackjack, Glory had a big target over her head, but her hopeful conversation with Tenebra, and her 'tomorrow' promise made it all the more tragic.

It was kinda like the ending of Captain America, except different. Like the negative inverse of it or something.

For Reference:

Still hopeful for #Tomorrow. Someones gotta get the body though. 
It worked for Blackjack, and they got an alicorns airlift now.
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:00 am

tylertoon2 wrote:
Silver136 wrote:
Vixie wrote:
Mostly due to Rp taking up weekends and school taking up the weekdays. Now that the meadows ford rp is done and winter break is only a little bit away things could be start up again soon.
Either way I've got my hands pretty full at the moment. Not only do I have school and such, but I'm now also head admin of the other community I'm part of. And since the owner has been integrating some moderately well known youtubers, I've been trying to hop in more and help where I can.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:25 am

I have way too much free time on my hooves; what a shame nobody likes me~

Ah well, nopony's perfect~

*goes back to playing Golden Sun*
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:29 pm

*sniff*
There's something in my eyes.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Actually, I recall Somber saying that, for the scene in question, he had a different bit of music (Leaving Earth, I think it was called) from the Mass Effect games in mind. Did we forget to mention that in the author's/editors' notes?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:14 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Actually, I recall Somber saying that, for the scene in question, he had a different bit of music (Leaving Earth, I think it was called) from the Mass Effect games in mind.  Did we forget to mention that in the author's/editors' notes?

Author's notes from Ch. 71 wrote:Music I was imagining for the final scene.)
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:I have way too much free time on my hooves; what a shame nobody likes me~

Ah well, nopony's perfect~

*goes back to playing Golden Sun*
We should make a club. No one notices me either.

Last edited by Rayndalf on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:05 am

Derpmind wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Actually, I recall Somber saying that, for the scene in question, he had a different bit of music (Leaving Earth, I think it was called) from the Mass Effect games in mind.  Did we forget to mention that in the author's/editors' notes?

Ah, so we didn't.
...I probably ought to have checked myself before posting. Sorry about that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:57 am

Derpmind wrote:

Woah.

I hadn't even seen that note until you posted about it just now, yet that was precisely the theme that came to mind while I was reading that scene. Guess that proves you guys are doing something right with this! Seriously though, that was an amazing chapter to read, if heartbreaking.
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:52 am

But I like my choice more. For... well... reasons.

Of course, those reasons are probably self-delusionary.

*sniff*
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:38 am

Ah, okay. That would probably make more sense if I knew Mass Effect, but I think I can guess the sort of thing you mean.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:54 am

One of these days, I will get a gaming computer and try out Mass Effect
If it has a combat system similar to Knights of the Old Republic, I'll probably enjoy it quite a bit

...I wonder what kind of video games ponies in the Wasteland play - if any survived the bombs, that is
I remember they mentioned playing a game called Wasteland, that Dealer used to play when he was alive
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vixie Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:
I remember they mentioned playing a game called Wasteland, that Dealer used to play when he was alive

I was just thinking myeslf I'm pretty sure Wasteland is a tabletop RPG, and it's what Fallout was based on. But I can't find a post-apocalyptic tabletop RPG by Googling. Has my google-fu failed me?

Vixie
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:38 pm

And then Borderlands came out...or whatever is happening to the gaming world when it comes to post-apocalyptic-wasteland gameplay nowadays.

Grimdark:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:16 pm

swicked wrote:Then they made a couple fallouts before they were shut down again before finishing Fallout Van Diesel or something,

Van Buren! Do I need to break out the Animaniacs Presidents song so you'll get it right?
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:27 pm

If anyone made a GIF of me facedesking for eternity, it would be so appropriate right now.

I lost chapter 72.

See, being a sub, I can't access Gdocs. I get blocked.  So I take a flash drive everywhere I go and just work on that.  Yesterday, I got home and checked my pockets.  You guessed it... no flash drive.  I asked my students today if anyone found a green flash drive and offered money, but no drive.  So unless it magically appears... yeah.  It's gone.  Along with chapter 72 and four other stories I was dinking about on.

Yeah...

Facedesk forever.

If anyone knows a MS office trick to recover a file, that's about my only hope.  Otherwise... yeah...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Damn, that's rough! Don't suppose you had a file in there with your personal information in case someone else finds it?

As for recovering stuff from MS Office... I'd check for any .ASD or .WBK files on the computer you were using to see if Word saved any backups while you were writing... though I don't believe it does by the default settings. That's also assuming the drive hasn't been frozen with DeepFreeze or the like. If it is, well, I don't think there's any chance of recovery really.

Also, does the school you work at also block other file hosting solutions like Dropbox?
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:19 pm

*nuzzles Somber just barely* I'm so sorry, sir... I wish I knew a way to make life stop hating you so much...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:21 pm

The sub filter blocks me from any internet at all.  Theoretically, I could log on with a student's info, but I'd get in SO much trouble if caught.  And I can't install or change anything.  Basically, all I can do is show morning announcements and let them know we're okay during lockdown.  But all computers do have word so I can use that...

Also, how do I search for those files?
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:36 pm

If it's Windows XP, hit the Start button and press the "search" button. In the menu that pops up, hit "all files and folders", then type in *.wbk or *.asd in "All or part of the file name" and see if anything comes up.

If it's Windows 7, open the start menu and click on "Computer". You should see a dialog box in the upper right corner saying "Search Computer". Type .wbk or .asd in there.

If it's a Mac, use Command+F in order to open the search function. Use the search criterion "Name Extension" (Use the drop down menu to change "Kind" to "Other..." and look for "Name Extension" there) then once again type either .wbk or .asd.
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:40 am

Sigh... neither works.  So sorry.  So very very sorry...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:44 am

Again, though, the drive not turning up in the past day or so doesn't necessarily mean it's lost forever.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Trust me, if you lose a flash drive in any kind of school setting, 9.9/10, it's gone forever

A sacrifice to the school gods

I pray Somber's Drive is the 0.1% that comes back though...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Trust me, if you lose a flash drive in any kind of school setting, 9.9/10, it's gone forever

A sacrifice to the school gods

I pray Somber's Drive is the 0.1% that comes back though...

I've lost my flash drive at school enough times that I've lost count and I always got it back
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next