Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 pm

RoboRed wrote:There were other places besides there, but I don't have time to go back through and point them all out.
No worries; since we hadn't been trying to do anything fancy with text color, I just selected the whole doc and changed it to black.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm glad the chapter was well written.  I wish the ending could have been better.  Thanks for the feedback, and thank you for those who sent bits.  My apartment complex sprang a surprise fee on me when my washing machine broke.  Yeah.  You'd think they'd pay for the guy to come and fix it.  Sigh.... u.u...

Anyway, thanks so much everyone for reading.  Thanks to Icy for the line by line reading.  I really appreciate it.

Also, I got robbed of my vote.  Apparently the person registering people at the public library wasn't submitting ALL the registrations, just the ones that were Republican and Independant.  And since the clerks office and Lt. Govenor are both republicans, it's a 'serious concern'.  So even though I registered two months ago, I couldn't vote when I showed up.

I've voted every election since I turned 18.  My dad said if you don't vote, you don't get the right to complain.  So yeah, today was a bad day...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:08 am

I wouldn't worry; I'm pretty sure that your father must have been referring to choosing not to vote. And it's not as if vote-stealing is unexpected in America...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:08 am

Somber wrote:Also, I got robbed of my vote.  Apparently the person registering people at the public library wasn't submitting ALL the registrations, just the ones that were Republican and Independant.  And since the clerks office and Lt. Govenor are both republicans, it's a 'serious concern'.  So even though I registered two months ago, I couldn't vote when I showed up.

I hope there are enough people who feel cheated out of their vote that you can put your weight behind, because that does not even sound legal. Especially if they do process independent voters. Heads should roll for that. Perhaps even literally. The whole district system is ugly as it is, and no party should get away with manipulating the process into an intransparant mess.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:17 am

Well the clerk's office basically told me that it's on me to register properly and if my registration gets screwed up because of a third party then bad on me.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 am

That's our Uncle Sam. Nothing is important but himself and money. Screw everybody else.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:37 am

Well damn...

...actually, I totally saw that coming

Here's hoping BJ can focus her grief and use it against Cogjack, otherwise she might as well shoot herself in the head and save her the trouble
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Somber wrote:Well the clerk's office basically told me that it's on me to register properly and if my registration gets screwed up because of a third party then bad on me.

Even so, it would probably pay to make a fuzz regardless. That the guilty are all pointing at each other doesn't change the fact that this was illegal and bears investigation. If others got turned away for the same reason, their accounts taken together might atract enough attention to this. You might also want to try calling ACLU or approach the media. Even if it's not going to have the desired impact, not giving a peep will only encourage more shenanigans in the future.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:02 am

Somber wrote:I'm glad the chapter was well written.  I wish the ending could have been better.  Thanks for the feedback, and thank you for those who sent bits.  My apartment complex sprang a surprise fee on me when my washing machine broke.  Yeah.  You'd think they'd pay for the guy to come and fix it.  Sigh.... u.u...

Anyway, thanks so much everyone for reading.  Thanks to Icy for the line by line reading.  I really appreciate it.

Also, I got robbed of my vote.  Apparently the person registering people at the public library wasn't submitting ALL the registrations, just the ones that were Republican and Independant.  And since the clerks office and Lt. Govenor are both republicans, it's a 'serious concern'.  So even though I registered two months ago, I couldn't vote when I showed up.

I've voted every election since I turned 18.  My dad said if you don't vote, you don't get the right to complain.  So yeah, today was a bad day...

Dude, sue the state, get rich. Talk to a lawyer about a class action law suit.
I mean it wouldn't have made a difference, almost 40% of the vote was people over the age of 60 voting republicans because they were sure Obama was going to cut their medicaid and import Ebola to thin the herd before taking their guns, but considering how fucked up the system is, I would take every opportunity to raise a stink over it and get as much money as you can from them.

#TOMORROW!!
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:19 pm

swicked wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone comment on the aerodynamics engineer zebra yet. I'm wondering if it was too obvious or not obvious-enough.

No reference to trains means it's not Hinds.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:44 pm

swicked wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone comment on the aerodynamics engineer zebra yet. I'm wondering if it was too obvious or not obvious-enough.

Personally, I'm an almost 40 year-old, statistic analysts technician. Don't feel bad if I missed your reference.
My knowledge is limited. For example: I know that the Kardashians are people who exist. I however have no idea how or why I know this, much less why it is important.

I am told this means I am, "completely out of touch with pop-culture". However I don't find myself overly distressed by my lack of knowledge on this issue, given that the only explanation the person telling me how out of touch I am could explain to me about them was that they were, "totally hot right now".
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:25 am

From what I found it Cerynitis seems to be referring to one of the labours of Hercules. He had to capture a deer sacred to Artemis, but he couldn't hurt it because it would be sacrilege. Unless I'm missing something I don't see some clever connection. I just thought saw a male zebra with extensive rocket knowledge and thought "yeah thats probably O Hinds".

Out of curiosity what was the first one?
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:34 am

I saw the Hind part, but I kind of brushed that off since there wasn't anything that would put the O in O Hinds.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:41 am

<span id="sceditor-start-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none; " class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none; " class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></span>
Downloaded Skill wrote:

No reference to trains means it's not Hinds.
Hah! :D

On another subject, is anyone else getting a lot of... stuff just showing up in the post boxes? Like this:
Code:

<p><br></p>
edit: Okay, not like that; most of it appears to have vanished from the quote in the process of posting.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:44 pm

A minor addition has been made to 71: Blackjack now attempts to destroy Vitiosus's heart and fails, confirming that it's a soul jar.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:36 pm

O. Hinds wrote:A minor addition has been made to 71: Blackjack now attempts to destroy Vitiosus's heart and fails, confirming that it's a soul jar.
Interesting. I was kind of hoping for something more to that, I was surprised when Blackjack saw the heart then never thought of or did anything with it.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:41 pm

It was an oversight, and enough people pointed it out to me that I tweaked it.  She now shoots it, then tries to grab it, but it's healing around her hoof.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:31 pm

[Edit:] Yeah, I'm with swicked on that.

And here I thought the forum was dead! Spike

Well, doesn't hurt to try to start a new conversation anyway. So, given that Glory is very, very likely dead, what are some things you'd have liked to see with her, that now probably can't happen? Here's one of mine:

The scene's at Star House, late at night. There is a pained moaning coming from downstairs. Glory wakes up to find that Blackjack isn't there (or, post-69, with tomorrow not working out, just goes down to investigate). When she comes down, she sees the noises are coming from Blackjack, who has a bunch of fairly large lacerations on her lips, and blood trickling from her mouth, sometimes a larger gout coming forth as she coughs. As Glory gets closer, she notices many of Blackjack's teeth are chipped and broken, a few missing.
Glory groans and says to herself, "Not again."
Blackjack, pupils dilated and questionably conscious of what's going on around her, murmurs "Sooo . . . goood . . . " and smiles as her eyes close.
Glory, now by her side, lifts Blackjack's head, revealing the scraps of a cyberpony cake.
"Damn it, I thought I'd gotten them all!"

Chapter Fifty Nine Running Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty Nine Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty Nine Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:16 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:"Hoofington" (though I kind of like this one... maybe a Saturday morning cartoon spinoff of Wastelanders!)
:D

Icy Shake wrote:"hexagonal"
Erm. What?

Did you mean to have a response to the second-to-last quote in the Running Thoughts section?

Icy Shake wrote:Was there an alternate scene of this somewhere, where it becomes a slapstick obstacle course? Is it related in a different chapter?
That would be one of swicked's outtakes, if I recall correctly. :)

@swicked:
Do you think that it's a problem that she shoots it?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:18 am

O. Hinds wrote:@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.
You're quite welcome!

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:"Hoofington" (though I kind of like this one... maybe a Saturday morning cartoon spinoff of Wastelanders!)
:D
Gotta take your happiness where you can get it.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:"hexagonal"
Erm.  What?
Okay, I think I know what happened here: I was reading "bore" as a noun, and somehow mentally inserting a "was":
"Where the tower started to widen, each side I could see of the hexagon bore an enormous panel decorated with the winged rainbow lightning bolts of the M.o.A."
became
"Where the tower started to widen, each side I could see of the hexagon[al] bore [was] an enormous panel decorated with the winged rainbow lightning bolts of the M.o.A."

O. Hinds wrote:Did you mean to have a response to the second-to-last quote in the Running Thoughts section?
I think I just meant to remark on the nice description, and the sense of scale in particular.

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Was there an alternate scene of this somewhere, where it becomes a slapstick obstacle course? Is it related in a different chapter?
That would be one of swicked's outtakes, if I recall correctly.  :)
...which one was this, again?
I've made a lot, but "obstacle course" doesn't bring anything to mind.
For some reason I have a feeling that the scene of the three captains being delayed on their way out of the Castellanus from the perspective of Racewind was something that happened. Maybe done by Meleagridis, at some point, or in a post from Somber. Or I just imagined it. But I don't think it was one of yours, or at any rate, I don't believe it was in any of those I'd saved.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:58 am

Icy Shake wrote:Okay, I think I know what happened here: I was reading "bore" as a noun, and somehow mentally inserting a "was"
Icy Shake wrote:I think I just meant to remark on the nice description, and the sense of scale in particular.
Ah, okay.

Icy Shake wrote:For some reason I have a feeling that the scene of the three captains being delayed on their way out of the Castellanus from the perspective of Racewind was something that happened. Maybe done by Meleagridis, at some point, or in a post from Somber. Or I just imagined it. But I don't think it was one of yours, or at any rate, I don't believe it was in any of those I'd saved.
Hm… I suppose that it could have been Meleagridis. I distinctly remember the thing you're talking about, I think… just not where to find it or, apparently, who wrote it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:06 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:For some reason I have a feeling that the scene of the three captains being delayed on their way out of the Castellanus from the perspective of Racewind was something that happened. Maybe done by Meleagridis, at some point, or in a post from Somber. Or I just imagined it. But I don't think it was one of yours, or at any rate, I don't believe it was in any of those I'd saved.
Hm…  I suppose that it could have been Meleagridis.  I distinctly remember the thing you're talking about, I think… just not where to find it or, apparently, who wrote it.
Here you go.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:26 am

I miss Mel.  And Sindri.  And... just... so many people who used to comment on here all the time.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:50 am

Yeah, there's plenty of readers, if the amount of fanart that's popped up lately is any indication
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:48 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Here you go.
Ah, thank you!

Somber wrote:I miss Mel.  And Sindri.  And... just... so many people who used to comment on here all the time.
Aye.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Just finished the chapter.

Don't have much to say about it.  Just... ow.

Blackjack's big confrontation with Amadi (while the others drew the targeting arrow) really reminded me of The Doctor shouting down some vast alien threat.  Especially the last bit, I could practically hear Matt Smith or David Tennant bellowing, "I've stood in the mouth of the Eater of Stars and walked out again!  SAY MY NAME!"

[dalek] *DOC-TORRR!* [/dalek]

And then the bit about "Even though you’re an immortal beast, you’re afraid I can stop you!   And best of all, if you’re afraid I can... then there’s a way."

So very Doctor Who.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:41 pm

...Huh. Yeah, now that you mention it...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:41 pm

I thought that was a Breaking Bad reference. :X
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:44 pm

With that, my mind went to "I am the one who knocks" . . . and I've never watched Breaking Bad. Might be because right now, after the last season and a half, two seasons, I really don't want to see similarities to Doctor Who in things I like.

Also, thanks, Wavemaster, for the link. Still hilarious.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:24 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Hm…  I suppose that it could have been Meleagridis.  I distinctly remember the thing you're talking about, I think… just not where to find it or, apparently, who wrote it.
Here you go.
Wow that was a while back
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next