Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by JadedPony Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:40 am

I  disagree
because:

I believe!

#TOMORROW!

Re: The range of soul suckage :
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : -8

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:40 am

To jaded, at 4:15.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ28CRhAObw
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 am

Somber wrote:To jaded, at 4:15.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ28CRhAObw
Still a missed opportunity to troll.:
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:52 am

Somber wrote:To jaded, at 4:15.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ28CRhAObw

http://chipandironicus.com/videos/mgr/38.html @12:15 - 12:26
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:14 am

@Jaded: I don't think he'd stop. Even if he lost his immortality, even if the EoS was destroyed, he'd still do everything he could to keep doing the same thing he's been doing since forever. He's just that much of a jerk.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Triage Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:03 pm

First of I would like to say that the most recent chapter actually made me look for a place to post a comment on this story. so hi i am new here please don't eat me :). I have been reading this story since the highest chapter was 30 something.

Chapter 71 thoughts

over all i loved the chapter and would like to say great job to Somber and his editors.

I was hit very hard by the loss of Glory she was my favorite character and i wont lie... I cried like a baby when i finished reading the chapter and felt like someone stabbed me in the chest. so i would like to say this. Great job on writing this story and building characters that people can get attached to! That said... WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL HER! She almost made it to the end of the story ;(

Triage
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Welcome, Triage!

Triage wrote:over all i loved the chapter and would like to say great job to Somber and his editors.
Oh, thank you.

Triage wrote:I was hit very hard by the loss of Glory she was my favorite character and i wont lie... I cried like a baby when i finished reading the chapter and felt like someone stabbed me in the chest. so i would like to say this. Great job on writing this story and building characters that people can get attached to! That said... WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL HER! She almost made it to the end of the story ;(
Well, denial seems a reasonably popular response. There are plenty of ways she could have survived! Not likely ways, granted, but it's possible...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:27 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Well, denial seems a reasonably popular response. There are plenty of ways she could have survived! Not likelyways, granted, but it's possible...

She was stuck in a control room surrounded by Brood, directly followed by a megaspell detonation. Compound this with the fact that Glory was originally planned to die shortly after being discovered. I hate to be "that guy", but I really think that was it for Glory.

As for my hypothesis that she planned it, I didn't mean from the beginning of the initial mission, but from the point they reached the control room. She seemed pretty adamant on being the one to stay, and like I said she kept telling Blackjack she was better off with P-21.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Silver136 wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Well, denial seems a reasonably popular response. There are plenty of ways she could have survived! Not likelyways, granted, but it's possible...

She was stuck in a control room surrounded by Brood, directly followed by a megaspell detonation. Compound this with the fact that Glory was originally planned to die shortly after being discovered. I hate to be "that guy", but I really think that was it for Glory.

As for my hypothesis that she planned it, I didn't mean from the beginning of the initial mission, but from the point they reached the control room. She seemed pretty adamant on being the one to stay, and like I said she kept telling Blackjack she was better off with P-21.

Also just because she could have been saved, does not mean she should have been saved from a meta standpoint. While I have no place telling anyone how to tell their story, I feel it would be a disservice to the story as I've said before to toss the emotional impact out the window. I would feel cheated and so would a lot of people I imagine, as hard as it hurts not to throw a bone to Blackjack and ourselves by having everything work out and Glory be saved and sunshine and rainbows forever it would hurt the story on a fundamental level. That kind of soap opera bullshit has no place in the wasteland.  

I have to commend Somber for writing characters so well people are actually going through the stages of grief over her.

Speculation is fun and all and I hope for someone making a happy ending AU sitcom style story. But I strongly advocate that glory bought it in the last chapter.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Today I learned that PMs are the Kryptonite of O.Hind. No one EVER PM him. He pops a blood vessel over it.

#TOMORROW!
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:13 pm

JadedPony wrote:Today I learned that PMs are the Kryptonite of O.Hind. No one EVER PM him. He pops a blood vessel over it.

#TOMORROW!
Sorry.  I don't fully understand why they annoy me so much, but they do.  Given that yours didn't seem to contain anything that couldn't have been handled via email, well...
It's not as if I don't warn people that I don't like being PMed!  It's right there in my signature!
edit: Is it that people don't know how to email me, actually?  The button for that is right next to the private message button, but perhaps people don't notice that?  I really would like to get to the bottom of this; in addition to being better for me, redirecting PMs to emails allows me to concentrate more on what the sender is actually saying since I don't have to fight down (or, um, sometimes fail to fight down; sorry again) medium-caused annoyance.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:00 pm

O. Hinds wrote:"It's not as if I don't warn people that I don't like being PMed!  It's right there in my signature!"

Actually I never even glanced at your signature. It's just a big block of small text I skim over when reading replies. Most people skim over things like signatures reading them only once if ever. Something shorter, bolder and spaced would work better like:

No PMs please!

I prefer emails to Personal Messages.

Though in all honesty, that will only help a little. The first instinct on this kind of forum is to PM.

O. Hinds wrote:Given that yours didn't seem to contain anything that couldn't have been handled via email, well... "

This is true. However there was also nothing which could not be resolved via PM. It was just text and if you use the PM system you don't have to open a email program, sort through everything not-pony-related to find the one thing you want to read and deal with it. By using PM you keep the pony stuff in an easily organized, compartmentalized structure separate from everything else.

O. Hinds wrote:"Is it that people don't know how to email me. "

In this case I sent the message to you, Sombre and Swicked not knowing how closely you work together on the project or who is in charge of the overall chapter structure. The PM system affords an easy mass communication system.

O. Hinds wrote:I don't think you want a prologue at the end. Prologues come at the beginning of stories.

When I suggested you should add a prologue after the story I meant you should have your team work out a prologue for the world you have created which tells people how you would like the works they are going to write should be affected by this story and the events that unfold with in it. If you want the characters and locations to maintain a certain identity and continuity.

You didn't just make a small edition to this world of Fallout: Equestria. You created practically a sub-genera in and of itself. If you don't lay out what you want for the future of the characters you do care about, for the setting itself, you could end up with people writing crazy shit like the Chapel turns into a whore house when the crusaders grow old enough to realize they can reliably sell sex for caps instead of scavenging. You have to assume that a work this epic is going to inspire more works. I mean it's not even done yet and people are making smaller works.

If you wish to have the integrity of the characters/story design maintained by other writers then you need to set guidelines for what you want to have happen to them. Not just an epilogue for your characters themselves, but prologue of things to come for the general factions and locations which you would like not to be violated.

Last edited by JadedPony on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spaaaaaace)
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:05 pm

@JadedPony:
Ah, okay. It sounds like you have PM and email workflows very different from mine.

Ah, you sent the same message to all of us? That would likely explain some things about it, I think.

A prologue for other stories? I think I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure just how it would work. As to whether we ought to do that, well, I could state my personal views, but I don't think it's my place to speak for PH. I will say that the idea of that didn't occur to me, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:06 pm

I worked in human resources for a long time in my youth and I learned there is one overarching truth that holds true to all human endeavors: For every bad idea, there is a person out there willing to test it.

That is why we establish guidelines for behavior in the work place and why writers should be careful to protect the aspects of their worlds they care about.

Remember, Twilight, the sparkly Vampire movies were a Vampire the Masquerade fan fiction originally.
You don't want to be responsible for another Twilight... No one wants that.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:19 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Vergil wrote:Hinds, please tell me you play KSP!
Yes, though not at the moment (I'd just gotten a really nice Duna ship painstakingly assembled and tanked up in orbit, I had a new heavy-lift launch vehicle, I had plans for a space station… and then 0.25 dropped and broke everything.  My usual pattern is "Get into it, start building things up, visit the Mun and maybe Minmus (oh, and I had such nice Mun and Minmus programs this time around), prepare a space station and/or a crewed mission to another planet, have the next version arrive and break the save, lost motivation and go focus on other things, start wanting to get back into it, repeat".).  Why?
Sorry, I just read your note at the end of the chapter and was gripped by a terrible fear that somehow the game had slipped by your attention. It seemed like something I had to make sure you were aware of.

...and I'm exactly the same way with each patch. Blargh.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:18 pm

For all those people who are wishing that Glory survived that foreboding cliffhanger, have you considered what kind of agony she will suffer if captured by the brood and Amani? This is the same guy who showed no regard for Blackjack's unborn foals and would use Glory's life as bait to prevent Blackjack from following after Cognitum. If Blackjack returned from space and twarted his plans, he would have nothing to lose and he's manipulative enough to use a hostage like Glory to hurt Blackjack, because he knows she's the kind of goody two-horseshoes to surrender herself to spare a friend. He's also a liar who breaks his word and backstabs anyone who is he perceives as a threat. And because we are given no guarantee that Blackjack and co. will get their happy fairy tale ending once the greater threat to Equestria has been dealt with (for now), Amani could still get his revenge on them when the credits roll.

On second thought, you guys keep on hoping Glory survived that. The only way to justify undoing this emotional chapter is in order to put Blackjack through the wringer all over again after feeding her a tiny spark of hope Glory can still make it.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:21 pm

CD wrote:For all those people who are wishing that Glory survived that foreboding cliffhanger, have you considered what kind of agony she will suffer if captured by the brood and Amani? This is the same guy who showed no regard for Blackjack's unborn foals and would use Glory's life as bait to prevent Blackjack from following after Cognitum. If Blackjack returned from space and twarted his plans, he would have nothing to lose and he's manipulative enough to use a hostage like Glory to hurt Blackjack, because he knows she's the kind of goody two-horseshoes to surrender herself to spare a friend. He's also a liar who breaks his word and backstabs anyone who is he perceives as a threat. And because we are given no guarantee that Blackjack and co. will get their happy fairy tale ending once the greater threat to Equestria has been dealt with (for now), Amani could still get his revenge on them when the credits roll.

On second thought, you guys keep on hoping Glory survived that. The only way to justify undoing this emotional chapter is in order to put Blackjack through the wringer all over again after feeding her a tiny spark of hope Glory can still make it.
No, I fully get that she's probably (and almost undoubtedly) dead. Similarly, it's possibly for the best, because being cooked alive by balefire and radiation, or tortured by the Brood are both options that I'd rather Glory not remember.

That's why it hurts so damn much.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexd Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:28 pm

Scienza wrote:No, I fully get that she's probably (and almost undoubtedly) dead. Similarly, it's possibly for the best, because being cooked alive by balefire and radiation, or tortured by the Brood are both options that I'd rather Glory not remember.

That's why it hurts so damn much.
And probably have her soul harvested by the Tokomare on top of that
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:46 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, okay.  I never finished Pink Eyes, and as for Puppy/Red Eye… well, my strongest association with that at the moment is a picture you drew of them, so of course it being cute comes to mind.  :)
Well thank you, sir.  I actually still haven't read Pink Eyes either (it's the first thing I'm planning to read after PH is finished), so it's certainly not guaranteed to be accurate (as if my pictures generally were), I just tried my best to make it seem like a pleasant setting.

My personal feelings aside, it would be nice to know if she is dead so I could do a follow-up picture.  But I also have a certain amount of concern that there will be trouble from haters if she does survive.

Somber wrote:To jaded, at 4:15.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ28CRhAObw
Ah... makes me remember way back when I thought Rampage's cutie mark would end up being some form of Ouroboros, heh...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Vergil wrote:Sorry, I just read your note at the end of the chapter and was gripped by a terrible fear that somehow the game had slipped by your attention. It seemed like something I had to make sure you were aware of.

...and I'm exactly the same way with each patch. Blargh.
:)
Yeah, I've still not managed to get kerbals to another planet, because every single time (and even before Career mode, I liked to roleplay the progress of the space program)…
I really liked the rockets I'd built this playthrough, too.

@CD: Well, the hope that Glory survived, for me, at least, is coupled with a hope that she managed to escape.

Ryx wrote:Well thank you, sir. I actually still haven't read Pink Eyes either (it's the first thing I'm planning to read after PH is finished), so it's certainly not guaranteed to be accurate (as if my pictures generally were), I just tried my best to make it seem like a pleasant setting.
Ah, okay.

Ryx wrote:My personal feelings aside, it would be nice to know if she is dead so I could do a follow-up picture. But I also have a certain amount of concern that there will be trouble from haters if she does survive.
Haters? Pah! We can just ignore them. As for a follow-up picture… well, while I hope she survived, I admit that it's not very likely, and it seems plausible that, even if she survived, she'd have had a near-death experience, so… it might work anyway? Blackjack visited the afterlife and didn't stay, after all.
(This ignores that, as has been mentioned, Glory dying at that spot has a good chance of spinning her into the Tokomare, but that wouldn't exactly be a happy picture.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Well, damn...Glory wasn't exactly on the top of my favorites list, but I can't help but feel kinda gutpunched right now.

BTW, is it just me and my eyes, or was some of the text grey in some parts for some reason?
like here and here:
Eh. *shrug*

Two songs this time around, first one for the battle. Kinda between mysterious (stealth parts) and upbeat (action), yet fitting for battle given the title and context.
Emancipation:

The other one...well...you can figure it out from hearing it. I think it provides sort of a theme like you see done for some movies, where some character dies/is in the process of dying, and despite all of the action going on, everything goes absolutely silent and slow montion-y, save for one piercing emotional music number in the background.
Mrs. Krista Yoslav:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:41 pm

The end of 71 evoked something rather different for me.
Dead Ahead:
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:51 pm

RoboRed wrote:BTW, is it just me and my eyes, or was some of the text grey in some parts for some reason?
[checks]
[sighs]
Gdocs, why do you do these things?
Anyway, fixed.  Thanks! Oh, and good eye for spotting it; I only noticed it by looking at the actual text color setting.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:13 am

@Hinds

Spoiler:
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 am

Very nice. You also seem to be running with significantly higher graphics settings than I do…
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:34 am

Okay, is it just me... or is Cognitum an idiot when it comes to having children?

she obsesses over the pregnant babies inside her, saying how she will be a wonderful mother, and she augments the pregnant body further without a second thought. and as far as i can tell, she hasn't looked into surrogacy, or any candidates for such a thing.

its as if she just expects to give birth to the babies on her own EVEN THOUGH Blackjack was clearly looking into surrogate options of blanks (before discovering infertility) even as she was talking back in the core.

... maybe its just me...

Also, Glory's actions. RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

And the argument from people about whether she survives or not (and the emotional impact of such) kind of reminds me of Luvbe's story in super paper mario. being one of the pure hearts, she has no afterlife upon losing the persona of Luvbe, and her disappearance leaves an emotional impact. then when people find out that Luvbe somehow returns alive in the aftergame, half the people are overjoyed at her impossible survival/return, and the other half are complaining about how it ruined the emotional impact.

really, the argument about Glory's survival here kind of reminds me of that.
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:11 am

O. Hinds wrote:Haters?  Pah!  We can just ignore them.  As for a follow-up picture… well, while I hope she survived, I admit that it's not very likely, and it seems plausible that, even if she survived, she'd have had a near-death experience, so… it might work anyway?  Blackjack visited the afterlife and didn't stay, after all.
(This ignores that, as has been mentioned, Glory dying at that spot has a good chance of spinning her into the Tokomare, but that wouldn't exactly be a happy picture.)
Alright, just making sure.

Oh... yeah... that whole "tearing away souls and trapping them in unceasing torment" thing...  That would be a slight complication...  I'd forgotten...
Well I don't think most people realized PH was the whole reason behind that picture with Puppy and RedEye anyways, so it probably doesn't matter if I never do anything further with it.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 am

pokeperson1000 wrote:Okay, is it just me... or is Cognitum an idiot when it comes to having children?

she obsesses over the pregnant babies inside her, saying how she will be a wonderful mother, and she augments the pregnant body further without a second thought. and as far as i can tell, she hasn't looked into surrogacy, or any candidates for such a thing.

its as if she just expects to give birth to the babies on her own EVEN THOUGH Blackjack was clearly looking into surrogate options of blanks (before discovering infertility) even as she was talking back in the core.

... maybe its just me...
What part of Cognitum's actions at any point in the story gave you the impression that she was all there?
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:32 am

This might come in handy:

New chapter? Excellent, just in time; I was starting to run low on Fics to read
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Vergil wrote:The end of 71 evoked something rather different for me.
Dead Ahead:
Yeah, I'd say that definitely works for the battle on the way there, up till "it" happens.

Still feeling kinda sad, btw.

O. Hinds wrote:
RoboRed wrote:BTW, is it just me and my eyes, or was some of the text grey in some parts for some reason?
[checks]
[sighs]
Gdocs, why do you do these things?
Anyway, fixed.  Thanks!  Oh, and good eye for spotting it; I only noticed it by looking at the actual text color setting.
There were other places besides there, but I don't have time to go back through and point them all out.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next