Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
iLateralGX
Ironmonger
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Tytan
Stringtheory
OneMoreDaySK
Katarn
O. Hinds
Frost
Scienza
StoneSlinger88
Vinylshadow
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
20 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kattlarv Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:45 am

Vinylshadow wrote:
Rebound Romance:
You know, going with Somber, I'd want to guess this is based of a recent chapter xP

(Warhammer) Someone show that Commisar the Hello Kitty Marines xD

@EP: Heh, someone is supposedly going to explain to me how guys with tits are actually female. This will be interesting xD ... or quirking an eye to someone wailing about how it just HAS to in order to be "It's not gay" x3

@Tytan: Random belated merry birthday I guess.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:52 am

Vinylshadow wrote:
Pokemons:
I fucking loved Colosseum.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:54 am

Did you love having to do Mt Battle TWICE?

Tonight, I am going to be very busy...:

Hermes:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:28 am

Cptadder wrote:
A number can if done well, something old X-Play use to do was sub divide a game into four or five categories like sound, story, visuals and gameplay.  This end number would tell you for example that Baynoetta has great sound, good visuals, excellent gameplay and a shit story resulting in an 7 or 8 while something like FFXIV has great sound, pretty visuals and a shit non-sensical story and corridor game play. Because they would publish little notes besides each number.

By constantly being good and having numbers that "felt right" it gave you a good summary.  Regardless of the number it was always only a gateway to the written or recorded review.  A summary page at the end you could flip to find out the general notes.

I disagree greatly, adding more arbitrary numbers doesn't make them any less arbitrary. 1 in story and 8 in music doesn't mean anything. And I understand that the number score is supposed to be used as a companion for a written/recorded review, but I personally think that they are used as tools of laziness instead.

Feel free to ignore this part, using myself to prove a point is weak, but as a teenager watching xplay while I would watch the entire review I can honestly say I wasn't really listening, I was just waiting for the x/5. If it got above a three I decided I probably should get it. That wasn't as bad because at the very least I saw the game in motion.

I'm not trying to say anyone but me is/was like me. But the existense of sites like Metacritic which to my knowledge (Which could be wrong honestly) compiles scores from other sites and gives an average makes me think that I'm not the only one that did that and leads me to believe other still do. Especially seeing as when I went to look up Destiny there the other day I found the number score was ahead of everything else user review or otherwise.

What I do think a number score is good for is as a metric for measuring how much a reviewer enjoyed something. And that's not useful, what is useful is the reviewer telling me why she/he enjoyed something because I can compare that to things I enjoy. Even if a number score is simply used as emphasis, the reviewer throughout the review is explaining why this particular games music is outstanding and at the very end they gave the games music a 10, that seems relatively harmless, but still I think a number score is a tool of laziness for the consumer. The number score might as well be referred to as tl:dr or tl:dw.

Keep in mind, I can't look up things while I'm posting. I'll lose the whole post, if this was twitter I wouldn't care but retyping this many words is more than I wanna do.

Last edited by Last on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:42 am; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:32 am

RoboRed wrote:
I fucking loved Colosseum.

That game has the stiffest running animation I've ever seen. Still love it but damn.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:34 am

Vinylshadow wrote:Did you love having to do Mt Battle TWICE?
I did it several times to train my pokeymans.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 am

Swickedbait:
http://alice4444dm.deviantart.com/art/Ruler-of-Solar-Empire-481896261
http://monsieurwilliam.deviantart.com/art/Cake-after-Tea-482795987
http://evomanaphy.deviantart.com/art/Believe-in-yourself-young-pony-482765585

Lastbait:
http://pshyzo.deviantart.com/art/Green-Hive-II-482870019
http://kaliptro2.deviantart.com/art/The-Business-Suit-482789813
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:56 am

@last
The thing is, not everyone has the time of day, or care enough to look in depth at a review to see the finer points of a game.  Numbers are a quick and easy way out.  The problems lie within the fact that as you add more games, the scaling might change.  The game you thought was the best in the world might be someyear outclassed, but if you give out too many of the same numbers, the numbers have less of an effect. There's also the problem with publisher-dev-journalist dynamics. Big companies grease the numbers higher with elaborate press parties and elaborate gifts, but at the same time (especially why gamergate is such a big deal), journalists can collaborate to boost one story and keep another in the dark.  Transparency is required for these types of things, and the fact that several sites are censoring out any and all discussion should be a warning flag. Especially one of the sites being 4chan.  Apologies if my rant is going off topic.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm

"1/10 Not CoD" - IGN on everything that isn't CoD

...at least I think that's how they rate things
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:05 pm

Still completely apathetic, but this might have some significance to the rest of you:
gamergate:
#Ihavenoideawhat'sgoingon
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:44 pm

"I strongly believe in diplomacy, and in the virtues of violence as an universal language."

- me, during one of my internal monologues

Goddammit but some of my coworkers are driving me up the walls.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 pm

Destiny is pretty damn good. Just reached the moon so maybe it gets worse from here, but I'm having a great time so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:40 pm

RoboRed wrote:Still completely apathetic, but this might have some significance to the rest of you:
gamergate:
#Ihavenoideawhat'sgoingon
My take on it is ''Don't touch the poop''. You've got people saying Quinn screwed with The Fine Young Capitalists, who are attempting to get more women into game designing, other people calling her all sorts of crap, people white-knighting like it's their job and trying to prove the sleep-around accusations wrong, and the ones who say the other side dismiss their well-thought out and perfect points while simultaneously not even reading the other side's. I've more or less opted out of as much of it as I could; aka, ''Don't touch the poop''.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:27 pm

And is such why I remain apathetic.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Two copies of Receiver. Also, I'm heavily dug into the situation (#GG). Anyone actually want to talk about it?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:57 pm

I have been informed I need a new avatar. Since I commissioned the last one I think I'll commission this one as well. What shall replace Science Glory?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 pm

...Science Boo?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:05 pm

RoboRed wrote:...Science Boo?
Obviously Adder should get a flexing Stronghoof.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Tytan wrote:
Science Stronghoof.

"THIS IS THE CITRIC ACID CYCLE! IT METABOLIZES CARBOHYDRATES FOR JUSTICE!"
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Scienza wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Science Stronghoof.

"THESE THEOREMS HAVE BEEN PASSED DOWN THE STRONGHOOF FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS!"
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Tytan wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Science Stronghoof.

"THESE THEOREMS HAVE BEEN PASSED DOWN THE STRONGHOOF FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS!"
1. S.A.B. Stronghoof, Nervous system disruption via targeted disturbance of spleenic ganglion nerve cluster, Sci. Eq., 243, 60-68 (November, 1235)
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:47 pm

This. All of this.

I concur with the choice of Science Stronghoof.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:56 pm

On an unrelated note,

This feel:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Has anyone else here read Worm? It's a web serial that's now complete that takes an interesting look at a world full of superheroes, seen from the viewpoint of a teenaged girl who's recently acquired superpowers (the ability to control bugs, if you were wondering) and gets totally stuck in over her head. Have I mentioned it's fucking awesome? Because it is.
(By the way, the high school setting ceases to be relevant about arc 5, in case it might dissuade you, I know it did for me).
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 pm

stringtheory wrote:Has anyone else here read Worm? It's a web serial that's now complete that takes an interesting look at a world full of superheroes, seen from the viewpoint of a teenaged girl who's recently acquired superpowers (the ability to control bugs, if you were wondering) and gets totally stuck in over her head. Have I mentioned it's fucking awesome? Because it is.
The setup reminds me of a CYOA game I got recently on Steam called Heroes Rise. I highly recommend it. It might start off kinda silly, but it's just so well written. I can't remember the last time I read something and genuinely felt betrayed or frustrated (in a good way).
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Another awesome thing about Worm is that it does deconstruct many superpowers, but also the fact that it makes some of the most mundane powers, including the protagonist's, be much more useful and truly awesome especially in many situations. (sure being able to summon a miniature sun is awesome, but there's not much you can do with it besides melt stuff)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:10 am

I appear to have become trapped in a strange bizzaro-type backwards world. Not only did the overnight night-fire get cancelled (shit got FRAGO'd to suck less) but, subsequently, we wound up with around 8,500 extra rounds and an hour and a half to blow it all in. Everybody got as much trigger time as they wanted and more. 

Of course, one consequence of said bizarro world is that it's been cold, rainy, and miserable all day on a Texas September afternoon, but beggars can't be choosers.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:24 am

Mister Frost wrote:I appear to have become trapped in a strange bizzaro-type backwards world. Not only did the overnight night-fire get cancelled (shit got FRAGO'd to suck less) but, subsequently, we wound up with around 8,500 extra rounds and an hour and a half to blow it all in. Everybody got as much trigger time as they wanted and more. 

Of course, one consequence of said bizarro world is that it's been cold, rainy, and miserable all day on a Texas September afternoon, but beggars can't be choosers.
Those rare, good moments that make you realize just how much everything else sucks.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:59 am

Not that it helped, of course. It was an M4 range, so I was shooting qual-tables all day and scored like dick. There's a reason they're keeping me on a machine gun.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:16 am

I find this to be rather frightening: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/09/brony-costume-added-to-xbox-avatar-store.html
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next