Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Derpmind
Vinylshadow
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
Scyto Harmony
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Cptadder
Tytan
RoboRed
Stringtheory
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Ironmonger
Frost
22 posters

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Yeah, just take the time to vent. As long as you're not being malicious while you do so.

In other news, ooh-la-la le French Robobait: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/Renaultsport-RS01-racing-car-2014-08-27
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:51 pm

"Yeah, I've not managed to score acid, but First Sergeant said it's a serious trip."

CPT McCoughlin, IN, Commanding
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:29 am

<a href="http://knowyourmeme.com/videos/95964-fail">*sighs*</a>
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:14 am

Aaaand Bioware crams multiplayer into Dragon Age 3, as well.

Scootaloo
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:48 am

The page didn't feel like loading but is the multiplayer darksouls like? If it's just a traditional multiplayer I don't see the issue. If you don't want to play it you could always not play it.

Personally I liked ME3's multiplayer a lot. It did get tedious after a while but still I thought it was enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 am

@Last
From what I can gather, there are a lot of multiplayer aspects. To access online actions, you first have to be human, but even before that, you can apparently view bloodstains on the map indicating where others have died from enemies and traps.

Before metioning the actions, have to note that in the game, you can make an oath to a particular person or subject, called a covenant. This is a modifier for online interaction that make some allies and others enemies.

Anyways, if you are human and you haven not beaten the zone boss, you can summon an ally to help fight with you in jolly cooperation. You ally must use an item called a soapstone and you use a soul sign. Once the boss is beaten, ally returns to her / his realm with reward humanity and souls.

Three pvp mechanics available. There is regular pvp, where you invade a human player to fight for humanity and souls. There is gravelords, where players of the Gravelord covenant can infect three random players and summon Gravelord phantoms that last until the summoner is defeated or quits. Then there are vagrants, which randomly spawn and invade other players when you use/drop specific pvp items or lose a huge chunk of your humanity.
<a href="http://darksouls.wikidot.com/online">Most of that I nicked from this site</a>.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 am

See, that's the multiplayer I see annoying for someone who just enjoys single player, but if it's a completely seperate mode from the single player in Dragonage I don't see the point of getting bent out of shape about it.

It wasn't that way in ME3 if I remember correctly you had to play multiplayer to prepare sections of the galaxy and that effected the ending somehow, or so I heard. Maybe you will be forced to play it a little bit.

Though seeing what Bioware did with Javik you might wanna keep an eye on them until the game releases. That I would find much more annoying than a meh-quality tacked on multiplayer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:38 am

I wish the multiplayer for Darksouls would have worked for me. I feel like I would have had better time with that game if it had worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:46 am

I am definitely a single-player kind of person

multiplayer irks me, and it's not just the five year old kids with mics

I'll stick with games like Half-Life, the Jedi Knight series, Halo, etc

Now it seems like every (Good) new game is multiplayer-only - not like my 2007 computer can handle them anyway
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:11 am

Last wrote:

It wasn't that way in ME3 if I remember correctly you had to play multiplayer to prepare sections of the galaxy and that effected the ending somehow, or so I heard. Maybe you will be forced to play it a little bit..
In Mass Effect 3 if you did not have your "Galactic Readiness" high enough your choice of endings would be forced. Without playing a single multiplayer game your readiness would default to 50% meaning for every war asset you acquired it would only be worth 50% as much. Staying at 100% required something like 20 hours of multiplayer time and an extra two hours every week that went by as it would decay back to 50%. However if you were a perfect paragon or perfect renegade and acquired EVERY single asset and did EVERY single side mission and had no one die in the Suicide mission in 2 and saved the queen in 1 it was possible to still get all endings without touching multiplayer.

They eventually patched it so you only needed to do about 80% of the game to get your choice of all three endings. Or rather four endings with the redone ending which was still balls.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:38 am

@VS
VinylShadow wrote:Now it seems like every (Good) new game is multiplayer-only - not like my 2007 computer can handle them anyway
*[scrunchyface intensifies]*
What kind of game are you looking for? Plenty of games out there that are not hardware intensive.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:48 am

Valikdu wrote:Aaaand Bioware crams multiplayer into Dragon Age 3, as well.

Scootaloo
...I liked ME3's multiplayer.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:51 am

I think I have all the singleplayer games I need at the moment

Prototype, Republic Commando, Black Mesa, Cave Story, Shovel Knight, Fallout: New Vegas
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:01 am

Welp, that was a longer than usual fizzle. And my browser seems to have misplaced the last topic... anyone mind helping me find it, or would you rather bury it?
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 am

Vinylshadow wrote:Republic Commando
Hell yes, an old game that actually had good AI that could function effectively.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:21 am

The writing in RC was perfect; the ending really got me
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:39 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:Republic Commando
Hell yes, an old game that actually had good AI that could function effectively.
YES!

Vinylshadow wrote:The writing in RC was perfect; the ending really got me
+1
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:55 am

@Kim
The last thing you talked about, or the last time someone responded ot you?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:59 am

We were talking about military things, then we got into games

I think

Meanwhile, artists are drawing underage cartoon girls in pinup poses because...why not...

Oh, and Arin and Danny killed a guy, good job, Game Grumps
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Cptadder wrote:*Snip*

That sounds very unreasonable, I enjoyed the multiplayer so I didn't have that problem. I was unlocking new guns and characters often enough that it didn't get boring for me. If you hated it though that sucks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:31 pm

Different strokes for different folks

RC/IC-1262 - "Scorch":
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:05 pm

I'm liking Harmony Theory so far - on Chapter 11 at the moment

Also caught up with "Night's Favoured Child"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:15 pm

swicked wrote:Frost, I read the first chapter of Harmony Theory and the way Rainbow Dash deals with those guards, constantly being surprised every time they rushed her (which I think was around 3) before getting distracted by the scenery... yeah, she seems pretty idiotic to me.

One can hardly blame the peaceful inhabitants of a nation that abhors violence to take a deadly fight completely in stride.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:29 pm

She was 'fighting' defensively...

Keyboard Warrior:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Well thanks to the humidity, I am now know as the nosebleed guy in my stats class. Damn weather.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:50 pm

From what I've heard from others, it does. I wasn't able to find more detail because they just reply with "spoilers"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Edit: Nevermind. DA is a Pain in the ass when it comes to linking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Pony/Changeling War:

-Harmony Theory

You do have to remember, this is a thousand years in the future, a lot has changed, since it starts shortly before Hurricane Fluttershy
It gets clearer the more you read
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:49 pm

I know that feel:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Don't cross the streams
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next