Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Derpmind
Vinylshadow
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
Scyto Harmony
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Cptadder
Tytan
RoboRed
Stringtheory
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Ironmonger
Frost
22 posters

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:33 am

Most variety of sports was in high school. Played whatever game as hard as I could.
For the most part, the only outdoor activity I engage in recently is house-rules badminton. One of my uncles has set up a net in his backyard, and so we have a bit more normalized games there. It gets pretty crazy. Once played for five hours straight vs family that rotated in and out. Even had a glowing birdie for night time.

With all of the controversy of ZQ, I saw a video on KYM from that Anita lady. Wondered why she is so hated as well, so decided to watch the videos on video games. First episode is ok. States that there is problem with the existence of Damsel in Distress. Will continue Part II later. A bit condescending, but nothing that should draw the ire of gamers everywhere. Am I missing something?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:08 am

I played soccer on middle school. I never did any sports in high school (unless you count trapshooting), but I did enjoy basketball from time to time in the off hours.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 am

When I when I was young as shit, I'd often get dragged into informal games of football, but I never really enjoyed them and I never got the chance to play hockey. I don't even think I'd really enjoy playing it now; it's just interesting to watch.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:58 am

Wait. There's going to be a Mass Effect 4? What.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Well, it's not like it can get any worse, right?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 pm

@SK

Unless they announced another game, no. The game apparently isn't a sequel to 3 and takes place during Shepard's lifespan. Likely a different character will take the reigns or at least I hope so. I want a game starring Jack before they froze her.

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:47 pm

They also its going be "in a whole new region of space", whether that is literally means a new galaxy or not has yet to be seen. I am assuming no because why would the races we have come to know (which they also say are returning) also be in another galaxy without anything of that sort even being mentioned in the three previous games.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:29 pm

*deletes Seven Nights at Freddy's and never installs it again*

DONE
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Is it really that scary?
*Aloutte considers playing the game, which is sitting in her Steam Library*
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Is it really that scary?

It can be. I've never played it myself, but the way Markiplier puts it is that it's terrifying because, unlike many horror games, you wait for the monsters to come to you instead of the other way around. You can't run or hide; you just wait until you win or die.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:51 pm

swicked wrote:I've tagged that Harmony story to read later. I look forward to seeing if I'll like it given how I trust your and Hind's idea of quality but find completely different things interesting in a character.
I don't really have much to say about the characters, but I've been enjoying the worldbuilding quite a bit.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:17 pm

*Aloutte silently laughs at SK, who is skittish when it comes to horror*
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Relevant to Five Nights at Freddy's.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:44 pm

So far, two people that I know of have beaten 20/20/20/20 (4/20) Mode, which is a custom mode with all four of the bots' AI set to 20

Even the Developers haven't beaten it

Actually, once you hit 5AM, you can pretty much close both doors and wait for the power to go out, since it takes Freddy quite a while to kill you and once the clock rolls over to 6, you win

Watching the Game Grumps play it, but without Danny or Ross, it's nowhere near as funny as it should be

"WHERE'S THE DUCK, FIND THE DUCK, PLEASE FIND THE DUCK"

and they keep calling "FOXY the Pirate" a wolf
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Markipliar:

They're much more active and aggressive, yeah

Just watch it, get it over with

MLP/FNAF:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Scienza wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Well, there are two purposes that an IFV or APC could be employed towards--patrol, which are currently done by Strykers and moreso by HMMWV's and MRAP's, and assaults on urban or hardened targets, currently done by Strykers and Bradleys. In both roles, the vehicle and its crew will actually have to fight back upon contact, so designing your vehicle's protection around "avoiding engagement and detection" is kinds flawed. Plus, what happens when you're actually spotted? All the autonomous navigation systems in the world aren't exactly useful if your vehicle takes an RPG like a little bitch.

This vehicle has applications, perhaps, for special forces or scouting purposes. It will not, as DARPA seems to think, replace APC's or IFV's. 'Run and Hide' as a design philosophy isn't exactly Force Projection.
On a semi-related note, is there a reason why we haven't developed a UAV for a direct fighter rather than recon/hunter-killer role? Presumably it would improve aerodynamics and the safety while simultaneously taking away that pesky issue of humans blacking out while undergoing high-g's. The only issue I can think of is latency and maybe R&D costs (then again, we're spending 323 billion on F-35s).

Then again, I'm neither a pilot nor military, so perhaps there's something I'm missing.
Mister Frost wrote:At this point, I'd be very surprised if those aren't in the works. I've got nothing to do with the Air Force or anything associated with it, so Harm would know better than me, but most focus that I'm aware of in terms of aircraft goes to ground-support and logistics, not air superiority craft.
*respond to cue*

Well, actually, Unmanned Combat Air Vehicles are pretty much the next big thing, with the Dassault nEURON having been developed as a demonstrator / proof-of-concept (the thing is even carrier-capable).

Unfortunately, there's one or two big issues when it comes to the concept:

1/ The need for a human in the loop: I doubt even in the future, once we have human-level AIs, people will trust them with the authority to decide to use deadly force on their own - which they WILL have to do if they are to act independently from a human handler. Which leads us to the second point:

2/ To keep this loop closed, you need to keep the aircraft linked to your drone pilot. This means you need to have a satellite uplink/downlink, and/or (preferably "and") radio equipment allowing your drone pilot to give their orders to the aircraft.
The problem is that:
a) satellite bandwidth is a very limited asset
b) you can bet your fucking ass that electronic communications are going to get jammed; jamming communications is already one of the first things that's being done by the US and other modern military during a conflict against peer or near-peer opponents.

This is why most projects for next-generation fighters are aiming to make planes optionally-piloted. Allowing to use them as drones for a certain subset of missions (ex: long range recon mission, where having a human on board would limit the plane's endurance and loitering time), and to be piloted for another subset of missions (ex: nuclear deterrence/strikes).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:36 pm

You're right on the money about electronics jamming--hell, we have the CREW system now that jams the signals used by insurgents to detonate remote-operated IED's. They come in vehicle-mounted format, backpack-sized platoon-level protection, and vest-mounted individual protection. Quite a bit concerning them--including the range at which they actually ham signals--is so classified that the users don't even get told it.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Robolulz?:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Aww, he made it with love

and probably urine and spit and other bodily fluids that a sponge shouldn't be able to emit

But this is a show that takes place underwater, yet they have had campfires, lakes and glasses of liquid, so who knows
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Mister Frost wrote:You're right on the money about electronics jamming--hell, we have the CREW system now that jams the signals used by insurgents to detonate remote-operated IED's. They come in vehicle-mounted format, backpack-sized platoon-level protection, and vest-mounted individual protection. Quite a bit concerning them--including the range at which they actually ham signals--is so classified that the users don't even get told it.
Well, I don't doubt we've been working on counter-countermeasures to the jamming problem, as having control of the electromagnetic spectrum is kind of vital to modern warfare (radar & communications); with the most obvious/crude solution to jamming being "increase your signal strength" (basically turning the dial to eleven), problem being that this can only go so far.

So having the core of your air power being dependent on having control of the EM spectrum is a really risky proposition.

That'd be like NATO fighting a 1980's Cold War scenario with the assumption that the Soviet tank hordes will not cross the Fulda Gap, while not deploying tanks on their own side of the border.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Is it really that scary?

Looks fine if you only want to play it for the first couple of nights, but everyone I've seen play turns it into a strategy game in the later nights. Once the mystery is gone it loses it's ability to scare.

But that's just an observation of other people playing it. If you're looking for twenty to forty minutes of scares then look no further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:26 pm

That's more an issue for aircraft, though. Ground vehicles have so many redundant methods of communication and signaling, in addition to hardened and multi-spectrum (usually hard-to-jam shortwave) radios that it's less of a concern. 

And, yes, underwater 'water' exists. It happens when there's a heavy concentration of salt and other minerals in a given body of water (usually a depression or 'pool' at the body of water's bed) that the liquid is denser and thicker than the water around it, creating the effect of there being 'liquid' underwater.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Military-related stuff: http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-pentagons-new-super-helmet-for-soldiers-sucks-for-1627323935
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:52 pm

This is what happens when I challenge myself to write for the sake of it:
Stuff:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:15 pm

@Sports
Soccer in middle school, modding and shooting nerf guns en masse in college. :P In high school, I ran a lot.

EDIT: Hey, new album from Solstafir is coming out! First song sounds like what I always wanted them to pull off. Link. Icelandic post-metal, depressive and atmospheric stuff. It's got what sounds like a banjo to my untrained ear, and is not in English.

Last edited by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:41 pm

What do you mean?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:09 pm

I think I know what you mean, Swick. Pretty much all my life, I've felt like the guy who nothing came easy to--everything I'm good at, I got that way through working my ass off. I'm not particularly 'talented' at anything. I'm not naturally athletic, I'm not naturally good with anything, really. Even when I actually achieve something (like finally getting onto the line after eight months in limbo) I still feel like the guy with no idea what the fuck's going on; I'll feel awkward and out-of-place. It certainly doesn't help that people will say I'm a great soldier one moment and go back to laughing at one of my apparent quirks the next. 

@Helmet:

Someone wanna tell me exactly how I'm supposed to shoot in that?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:22 pm

@Swicked viz: Skin
It's kinda weird, but I really do feel like I belong in my own body. Sometimes my mental image of myself isn't 100% accurate (ie I forget I have a short beard or something), and I certainly can sympathize with Frost on sometimes feeling like a awkward and/or like a walking, talking cock-up, but ayuh, for the most part I'm pretty well synced with my organic bits.

@Helmet
From the hip. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 pm

swicked wrote:...I'm trying to not sound bitter, but this is pretty much where the similarities end. I've gotten consistently negative feedback from my peers for as long as I can remember. My "superiors" (or whatever you call teachers, professors, bosses...), I suppose, too.

@Hinds
I just don't like myself. I'm pretty sure no one really likes themselves that much, but I'm just particularly sick of myself right now.
Oh. Sorry about both of those.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:57 pm

Swicked, don't worry about it. I think we all need to bitch every now and then. Some more than others. Personally, I have to complain about shit every now and then or it drives me up the wall.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next