Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Derpmind
Vinylshadow
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
Scyto Harmony
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Cptadder
Tytan
RoboRed
Stringtheory
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Ironmonger
Frost
22 posters

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by iLateralGX Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:11 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Problem is that many sites trying to discuss this get shut down by mods. <a href="https://i.imgur.com/VumL9nK.png">This</a> is a good picture indicating the level of censoring of the mods.
I'm going to assume that is /r/gaming which has a history of shitty mods.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Thing is that even 4chan is being modded. Guessing some of the deleted content is personal data from an actual dox, and not the one that she faked on Tumblr.

Oh forgot to mention that. Accused wizardchan of harrassing her long time ago. Now said at one point (not sure if removed or not) that 4chan hacked her tumblr and doxxed her. Problem arose when dox data did not check out, as well as inconsistencies with Tumblr's security policies and the aformentioned hack.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:24 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Trying to censor everything does not help.

Based on the ample use of the phrase "shit storm" in TB's post it sounds like the mods of places like that are dealing with two giant fighting children. Best you can do is put the two kids in their corners this seems like the virtually equivalent of that.

As far as the DMCA goes TB mentioned the possibility of someone posing as her. Which we've seen happen, people have posed as Hasbro and removed pony stuff from youtube.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Yeah, while ya'll're discussing that complicated thing, I'll stick to something less boring, like writing and reading

People mention that sort of thing and I just turn off my brain while they duke it out
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:57 pm

@Last
Very true, but it has also been common practice for certain devs, including major ones (cough Sega hack wheeze), to falsely takedown criticism. It would not be a novel way of silencing critics. Not sure where the balance of probability lies on it, though; if it was what started the whole mess, I'd imagine it was probably the dev, but if it came later, it could be anyone, from supporters to people looking to throw more wood on the fire.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:07 pm

*sighs*
Will refrain from discussing Ms. Quinn unless someone else brings something new up.

Biggest problem in game journalism is the lack of professionally trained journalists, as well as a platform from which they can judge events fairly. For the most part, reviewers are internet celebrities. They make money from people watching their reviews. If I recall from a cooptional podcast, each reviewer gets one coin, one chance to call bs on something in the games industry. Once you use that coin however, you are done. Publishers will blacklist you for fear of you bashing their game. "Review" sites that are primarily funded by these same publishers might lay you off if you work under them. You will not be able to recieve any more advanced copies of games, and thus you will not be the most relevant if you decide to be independant. That's why game companies and publishers throw lavish parties with limited access, and give reviewers free stuff to buff the game score. This obviously is not limited to new media, as evidence of this can be found in traditional and televised media. End of the day it is more about the views and money than it is about the information.

Situation is getting slightly better. TB, for all his faults, has gotten big enough that small devs cannot bully him around (see "Day One: Garry's Incident" and "Guise of the Wolf") and has a team of lawyers under Polaris. Not perfect, but a step up. Can not really ignore him either, as he has a lot of pull in the pc game market.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:16 pm

Horse:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:51 pm

Any game sites / reviewers you guys trust?
(Will look at pics at home, work is blocking them today)
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Now that you mention it...I get a similar vibe from it as well

She gives off that kind of "Arrogant pain in the plot" feeling, doesn't she?

Another Horse:

I have a feeling there's going to be a Season Five episode that has RD abusing her Rainbow Power (if it's the kind of power they can call on whenever they need it)

Smug Horse:

Or maybe it's the lips
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Ironbait:http://ask-thewarpony.tumblr.com/post/95396535683/part-9

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Not a fan of realistic mlp horses or the older gens, it seems

third 5000 word chapter finished, now to streamline it...and then it's back to the other world to hammer out some kind of backstory
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Blame the snoots~

//totally doesn't take some form of satisfaction at seeing my name in the most of the "Latest Topics" category  Applebloom
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Vinylshadow wrote: //totally doesn't take some form of satisfaction at seeing my name in the most of the "Latest Topics" category  Applebloom
I will destroy you
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Greater ponies than you have tried

The surface of the moon wasn't half bad actually; slightly nippy though

Nice view of Equus though
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:32 pm

I am no pony.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Ironbait:http://ask-thewarpony.tumblr.com/post/95396535683/part-9
Dat Commander Fluttershy.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:44 pm

"Doesn't matter who or what you are; standing in my way is generally not recommended"

Canterlot Pony:

Dat Fluttershy in General?

Time to head home, so lay claim while you can
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:14 pm

@SK Review coins

You say you got that information from a cooptional podcast? Because TB has said before in a video where he talked about getting paid to cover planetside 2 (I don't know the name of the video he was playing chivalry in it.) that as long as he was fair in his assessment that meeting the devs afterwards at events didn't cause any sort of issue.

And to my knowledge he's never mentioned that in his rants about youtube censorship. That's a huge pet peeve of his. It seems very unlikely he wouldn't bring it up elsewhere if that were true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:52 pm

To anyone who likes Lovecraftian stuff, or just dark stories in general, this is a great one (no prior knowledge of the Mythos required)

Colder War
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:54 am

Happy birthday, Last!
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:05 am

@Last 
Pretty sure I heard this on the last one with Sterling and Matt. But it would not be any less true, would it? You call out a company for marketing a terrible game X and they would not send you any more early copies. Might tell their friends that you might do the same to them? Pretty sure reviewers have been sacked for giving company Y's game a bad score because the company pockets the review site through ads and such.

Riding roller coasters today for the first time. Nervexcited.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 am

@SK It makes sense, if that's what you're saying. I'm not sure if it's true. I've just never heard that, could be true for all I know.

I've heard TB talk about review embargo, and getting black listed as a result of breaking it. The embargos (From what TB has said) don't exist solely to try and stop the terrible product from being reviewed before it can be sold.

It doesn't seem like you're talking about review embargo though.

@Katarn

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:07 am

So if anyone is still doubting that the US police forces that aren't SWAT teams and other intervention forces should get their guns taken off from them...

Video of a man being shot on camera by the police

And also a reason to support the second amendment, by the way.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:39 am

I don't know about you, but I would actually be in favor of a militarized, or at least paramilitary, police force. Not only would they get better training and be held to higher standards, but the cultures are vastly different--police style themselves as a "brotherhood" where they stick together no matter what happens (read: Ferguson PD handing together in favor of one killer) while military NCO's, are validated, justified, and shown favor from superiors when they punish and/or enforce standards upon their subordinates, even if they maintain a normal relationship otherwise.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:49 am

I've started an exercise program; I walk 4 miles a day nonstop. Used to be that walking 1/2 mile would take me 30 minutes. 3 days later, I can walk 1 mile in about 10.

Also, Happy Birthday, Last!

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:04 am

Mister Frost wrote:I don't know about you, but I would actually be in favor of a militarized, or at least paramilitary, police force. Not only would they get better training and be held to higher standards, but the cultures are vastly different--police style themselves as a "brotherhood" where they stick together no matter what happens (read: Ferguson PD handing together in favor of one killer) while military NCO's, are validated, justified, and shown favor from superiors when they punish and/or enforce standards upon their subordinates, even if they maintain a normal relationship otherwise.
Maybe, I don't know. If you could get them to have that kind of culture, well, maybe then.

But until that, I wouldn't trust them with the power to wield firearms, when you can clearly see they don't even know the first thing about gun safety themselves (seriously, pointing you arm on someone unarmed and not menacing you? REALLY?)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:19 am

Ahh, root Beer, where woudl I be without your comforting scent?

Probably still in bed, snuggled in my cocoon of blankets...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:23 am

Tried root beer the other day.

I get it is an acquired taste?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:28 am

Depends on the brand

A&W, Barq's, Mug...pretty sure there's at least two others

They all have their own unique feel

Canada Dry Ginger Ale has a carroty aftertaste while Schweppes or whatever doesn't
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:29 am

Just had 3 of these puppies fly over my home to celebrate the anniversary of my city's liberation in WW2
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next