Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Derpmind
Vinylshadow
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
Scyto Harmony
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Cptadder
Tytan
RoboRed
Stringtheory
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Ironmonger
Frost
22 posters

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:31 am

Alright, so what superpowers did you get?
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:22 am

Only superpower I want is to always have money in my wallet
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:37 am

Aloutte nicks VS's wallet, floods the room with quarters by flipping the wallet upsidedown, then escapes.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:52 am

Swickedbait:
http://hoyeechun.deviantart.com/art/no-one-know-v2-477554158
http://crestfallencelestia.deviantart.com/art/Good-night-477816149
http://kometiv.deviantart.com/art/Sweet-and-Elite-477750314
http://alumx.deviantart.com/art/Wandering-sun-477831609
http://tofutiles.deviantart.com/art/Sunburned-477876384

Derpmindbait:
http://ramott.deviantart.com/art/Soldier-Derpy-477785523

lulz: http://ravenpuff.deviantart.com/art/Pegasus-Mating-Dance-477811913
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:38 am

Quarters are too mainstream

PENNIES
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:42 am

I have finally returned to the land of cheeseburgers and political stagnation. So, apparently I missed some drama.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:44 am

Pennies at ths point in time are unviable as a currency. Sure I like them from a sentimental viewpoint, but we should really just stop making them, since it is costing the U.S. more to make them than they are worth.
Besides, quarters are good for the arcades.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 am

Scienza wrote:I have finally returned to the land of cheeseburgers and political stagnation Freedom and machine guns. 
Welcome back.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:10 pm

We need a machine that you feed pennies into and it spits out quarters made from pennies
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:We need a machine that you feed pennies into and it spits out quarters made from pennies
A: That's a felony.
B. Coin star is the closest you'll get.

Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:45 pm

@VS
Closest I can think of is the unnatural spawn of Coin Star and one of those tourist coin stamps. That being said, Coinstar costs additional cash as a fee.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Scienza wrote:I have finally returned to the land of cheeseburgers and political stagnation Freedom and machine guns. 
Welcome back.
The instant I exited the plane, I smelled the powerful aroma of frying meat wafting throughout the airport. It smelled like freedom.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:12 pm

Where were you again?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:25 pm

I have a Chinese guy for a Marketing professor this semester and while he was explaining where he was from he mentioned Mongolia. I almost lost it because it reminded me of the guy from South Park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Meanwhile I'm just collecting pennies off the street
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:15 pm

That's gotta be a strange liberating feeling. Applebloom
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:32 pm

I have Skyrim

I never play it

I should uninstall it so I have more room on my computer for things to watch and read at night
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:33 pm

*HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG*
tytanbait:
katarnbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:45 pm

But those soulless EYES

I enjoyed Pokemon Origins
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:03 pm

swicked wrote:
RoboRed wrote:That's gotta be a strange liberating feeling. Applebloom
Oh, it is! Very much so! Dancing PinkiePie

It's like waking up one day, in the middle of the afternoon, and suddenly realizing you're all out of fucks.
There's like one split second where you're concerned. Like... where have they gone? What did you do with them? How could you run out?
Then it catches up with you... you don't care. You just don't. And so, grinning like an idiot, you get up and just get on with your day.
Anything is game. Anyone. Because Skyrim does not matter.
You better believe that's liberating. Or don't. I just don't care!
I came to the same conclusion about life quite a while ago.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
swicked wrote:
RoboRed wrote:That's gotta be a strange liberating feeling. Applebloom
Oh, it is! Very much so! Dancing PinkiePie

It's like waking up one day, in the middle of the afternoon, and suddenly realizing you're all out of fucks.
There's like one split second where you're concerned. Like... where have they gone? What did you do with them? How could you run out?
Then it catches up with you... you don't care. You just don't. And so, grinning like an idiot, you get up and just get on with your day.
You better believe that's liberating. Or don't. I just don't care!
In which kind of way exactly?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:48 pm

I feel like this is camobait:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 pm

That's gotta be a strange liberating feeling. Applebloom 
Oh, it is! Very much so! Dancing PinkiePie

You better believe that's liberating. Or don't. I just don't care! 
In which kind of way exactly?
As I find myself saying a lot recently, it's all a matter of perspective. 

The best way to explain it would be to relate last night's experiences, really. I was out on gate guard, a mile from base camp, the lights hidden by the smallest of sloping hills. Mountains in the distance hemmed in the horizon on three sides, while the fourth stretched on to seeming infinity. All around, dry lightning flashed from massive clouds that seemed a thousand miles away and just out of reach at the same time--save for directly above, where the sky was clear and bright, the moon too hidden away to drown out the stars. The Milky Way hung in the background as thousands of them shone--some shining bright and close, like tempting beacons, some were faint and dim, as if a wanderer in the sea was reaching toward another, stretching out a hand in desperation to be seen, to be noticed. And I was forced to think:

In days gone by, this sight would fill men with wonder, drive them to think about how the world truly came to be. In days gone by, men would climb mountains because they were there, cross seemingly infinite oceans to glimpse the other side, drive into the depths of unexplored continents to see what their dark interiors held. We walked upon the surface of the moon and reached our eyes and ears into the depths of space. Today, though....today, we're too busy dumping buckets of ice on our heads and obsessing over this or that sports game or pop star to strive toward anything. Our dreams aren't filled with what may lay in the stars--stars that are held from our grasp by a bare few years of work and investment and learning--they're filled with whether or not a particular person wants to marry them or if we'll ever become rich. 

It's moments like these that remind me why I became a soldier--I don't care if I die young, I don't care if I die violently, and I don't care if I die along with everyone i served alongside, in my life and my death, I was doing something. Something more meaningful than trying to earn my next paycheck or eke out my meager way in the world. 

So, yeah, I don't particularly care if I die or how hard or miserable my life was, so long as there's a chance I actually left a mark that'll last.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Frost, you might find this interesting, RE police discussion:

Colorado's police forces finds out that half the people they arrest suffer from mental illnesses; adapt training in consequence. Results in less people being shot down resisting arrest.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Jagermeister pone:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:02 pm

@Frost: Yeah, I can empathize with that worldview. There was some amount of that in what decided me to join in the first place.

After Cape Canaveral, I've have some kind of epiphany. Now thinking of working toward joining the space industry later on. Will have to think of the best way to do that.

Currently thinking of trying for officer-ship in a few years. IIRC, this'll give me an engineering degree in aeronautics.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:11 pm

Swickedbait:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:27 pm

lul:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:36 pm

That's an interesting article, there. If I don't decide to do the military as a career (as in, between ten and twenty years) law enforcement is one of the career options I'm considering, so that sort of thing intrigues me.

As I've said before, I am glad for these conversations we have. Most of my colleagues are still perplexed that I'd rather read by myself than play Spades, or that I like to go out for a nice walk every now and then--because with the same never-ending meaningless conversations and, of course, unending questions about "hey, man, whatcha readin'? Why are you so quiet? How come you don't even like sports?' It's simply impossible to puzzle out why I'd want to stretch my legs, have a smoke and generally just be by myself for twenty fucking minutes out of the fourteen days I'm stuck living in the same room/tent as these people. 

Much as I love this proffession and enjoy this organization, I really wish my colleagues were of at least a slightly more introspective mindset as opposed to the unending stream of drivel that accompanies a normal thought as far as I can tell. 

Re: officership: I'm never calling you 'Sir'. Even if there's a fire.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:57 pm

@Frost
You wouldn't, unless you somehow will be answering to French Air Force officer.

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next