Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Zolaheuzis
geekladd
Technowolf
Meleagridis
Bootleg
iLateralGX
Frost
Caoimhe
Lex4art
Syroc
Scootayay
Train Dodger
DaWarWolf
JadedPony
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Downloaded Skill
OneMoreDaySK
Kippershy
Aonee
Vergil
Karasu
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Fellorn
CD
Derpmind
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Borsuq
Heart of Blades
Scienza
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Somber
Vexd
Shady
O. Hinds
pokeperson1000
SilentCarto
Dutcher
Rayndalf
Silver136
Vinylshadow
Icy Shake
51 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vexd Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:02 pm

70 is out? The curse has been lifted! (hopefully)
That Gun:
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Vexd wrote:70 is out? The curse has been lifted! (hopefully)
That Gun:
Maybe she'll use it as a cup-holder or something.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Scienza wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:I'll probably read 70 later, once its been edited through and through

Really dislike reading through unedited work...and even then, I'm probably going to find one or two mistakes that other people have missed and then never point them out

...because as amazing as Hinds, Swicked, Bronode, and Heartshine are, they are still (probably) human, so occasionally a few minor errors slip through the cracks.

Exactly

Besides, I have other stories to read, anime to watch and OCs to torture with my poor writing skills

Plus, people keep telling me to read slower, so I'm also trying to do that...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:33 pm

I'm not disputing that there are minor grammatical errors, I'm taking issue with your statement that the chapter is "unedited", since you're basically discounting the weeks of labor that the writing team put into polishing the chapter.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:50 pm

It's  case of diminishing returns I think. After reading the chapter just once I find myself only half reading other poster's editing notes and sometimes missing those mistakes. It's got to be many times worse reading the same chapter multiple times in a row in an attempt to find errors that may not even be there.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:29 pm

JadedPony wrote:"Let's not anypony do anything they're going to regret." sounds like an attempt at southern accent. It's unclear who was saying it. Could be the NPCs, could be Blackjack. An indicator of who is saying it might be helpful. I assumed Blackjack since it was more than 5 words, none of which were scientific, bondage related, or about the Enclave so that left out Glory and didn't include any glaring/brooding so that left out P-21.
I still think that it's pretty clear; sorry.

JadedPony wrote:For some reason the phrase: "had more than enough force to liquify us." has this weird white highlighting.
Huh. So it does. Weird. Well, it's fixed now; thanks.

Dekshuduph wrote:
63 edits:
Ah, thank you… though I'm not sure why you identified these as being from Chapter 63.

Dekshuduph wrote:Also, there's been no footnote at the end of each chapter before the Author's Notes twice.  Is that a deliberate style choice?  Because I've not seen any mention about it.
That's deliberate, yes. Much as I dislike breaking the format, none of us could think of anything really good to do with them.

Dekshuduph wrote:'frowns' should be 'smiles', by way of context, or I'm misunderstanding this?
Frowns indicate less dislike of her than scowls do.

Icy Shake wrote:Okay, so, nice that it came out on not-Sunday night. Let's see what we have here . . .
Chapter Seventy Running Thoughts:
Chapter Seventy Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Seventy Editing:
Other Editing:

As ever, Somber and crew, thank you for the chapter. I appreciate your hard work and pushing through even though the universe was working against you. Though not exactly the meatiest of chapters, it was fun, and I do think it did the job you were looking for, leaving us with an update of what's happened outside of Blackjack's little circle and giving an idea of what some of the landscape will look like after the climax. There were also some important, if sometimes minor, contributions to supporting/background plot lines, and the characters all felt right in the situations they found themselves (except maybe Scalpel, and I can see where she was coming from), which was probably the major thing you needed to get right for the chapter given its heavily social focus.
Ah, thank you.

Icy Shake wrote:Okay, that's new-ish. Fallout 3/NV? I don't recognize this.
Aye, NV. It's a modification of what Yes Man says on the Independent path if you put off going to the dam.

Evilgidgit wrote:Another awesome chapter! Spike 

Spoiler:
[checks]
…Yes. Blast. Hm…
Okay, I've edited 39. Thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Excellent timing for this chapter release! Got to read it in the train.

Even though the chapter is relatively light in term of fighting (which is kinda misleading given how awesome what little fight there was is when put into perspective in-universe), the tension keeps building, and almost all of the pieces are falling into places for the final showdown of ultimate destiny.

So at this point it's either gonna be the most epic thing since toasts, or a giant anti-climax.

Whatever happens, though, I trust in you Somber, and in the Editors, to make it amazing.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Didn't mean to imply the editors aren't doing their jobs

Just meant it's nice to read the...'exhaustively re-edited and revised by cooperation between third-party readers/fans and the PH Team' chapter?

I am not good with putting my thoughts into coherent patterns that may or may not be considered the ramblings of a madpony
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:58 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Zola wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Umm maybe I'm just stupid but where is it? There is no link to it on the hub page.
Eh?  No, the link from the hub page seems to be working fine; I just tested it both logged in and not.  I'm afraid I don't know what the problem you're having might be.  Here's a direct link to the chapter; hopefully the problem, whatever it is will be fixed soon.  What exactly happens that prevents you from using the link?Th
Thank you and found it now, no worries. But the hub page I was talking about was this thing [url=http://nallar.me/fics/Fallout Equestria Project Horizons.html]http://nallar.me/fics/Fallout%20Equestria%20Project%20Horizons.html[/url] But thank you all for helping me!
Ah, okay!  Nallar, while very useful, isn't the official hub page; that's here, and linked in my signature.
Yes, while Nallar is a wonderful (if slow) resource, updating only once per day—and as far as I'm aware, on a schedule entirely unrelated to the actions of the crew of the good ship Project Horizons—does leave it unworkable for some high-frequency purposes, including new chapters.

Last wrote:
@IcyShake Velvet and Scotch:
Spoiler:

O. Hinds wrote:
Dekshuduph wrote:Also, there's been no footnote at the end of each chapter before the Author's Notes twice.  Is that a deliberate style choice?  Because I've not seen any mention about it.
That's deliberate, yes.  Much as I dislike breaking the format, none of us could think of anything really good to do with them.
Why not just stick with the standby "Footnote: Maximum Level Reached," which has been used numerous times without anything else being included? Though I suppose it's not entirely clear that the level cap has been hit in the "New Game" started in 66.

O. Hinds wrote:
Evilgidgit wrote:Another awesome chapter! Spike 

Spoiler:
[checks]
…Yes.  Blast.  Hm…
Okay, I've edited 39.  Thanks.
But that just kind of raises the question of why she wouldn't try "Maripony" at that point, having attempted "Twilight," especially if she went through the trouble of trying all the personalities she remembered from Rampage for Twist's. Or hit the prompt for the password hint, I guess.

Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Just for the sake of transperancy I have a bias against Scotch having sex with anyone considering her age. Personally I find it disturbing. Gonna do my best to remain logical, but I feel it's probably best to divulge my position now.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
But that just kind of raises the question of why she wouldn't try "Maripony" at that point, having attempted "Twilight," especially if she went through the trouble of trying all the personalities she remembered from Rampage for Twist's. Or hit the prompt for the password hint, I guess.
I'm going to go with "she just didn't think of it".

Icy Shake wrote:
Editing:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Oh, and regarding venereal disease, I'm still going with it being something very uncommon with ponies even in the Wasteland but extant enough among other species for some ponies to know that it's a thing. The execution by it would thus be even worse due to it being some new and unknown disease. Maybe the program would even run Goldenblood through a romance with a zebra first or something.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Last wrote:Just for the sake of transperancy I have a bias against Scotch having sex with anyone considering her age. Personally I find it disturbing. Gonna do my best to remain logical, but I feel it's probably best to divulge my position now.
Yeah, I've got to say that I'm in the same boat. I don't personally think she's reached anything near full maturity either mentally or physically, so it's just... uncomfortable. Logically, I get the whole "different attitudes about sexual activity" thing, but I still can't really shake the ickiness factor.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:01 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Dekshuduph wrote:
63 edits:
Ah, thank you… though I'm not sure why you identified these as being from Chapter 63.
I have... absolutely no idea, other than the fact that my browser crashed and I had to type it again, so I must have not been paying attention. That is the silliest of ways I've erred this month. Shy
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Last wrote:Just for the sake of transperancy I have a bias against Scotch having sex with anyone considering her age. Personally I find it disturbing. Gonna do my best to remain logical, but I feel it's probably best to divulge my position now.
That's fair enough. I come more from the viewpoint that absent a notable asymmetry suggestive of coercion or exploitation, people are more often than not competent to make their own decisions (applies even more here when the set of consequences is narrowed down). So I'd probably be more morally/ethically uncomfortable with a supervisor having sex with an employee than two children of similar age, for instance. Moving past that, I just don't like reasoning or imposing rules on others based on what makes me personally uncomfortable, because on balance I'm pretty sure that would lead places even I wouldn't really want to go.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
I'm going to go with "she just didn't think of it".
Okay. I suppose, in fairness, it is Blackjack we're talking about.

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, and regarding venereal disease, I'm still going with it being something very uncommon with ponies even in the Wasteland but extant enough among other species for some ponies to know that it's a thing.  The execution by it would thus be even worse due to it being some new and unknown disease.  Maybe the program would even run Goldenblood through a romance with a zebra first or something.
Okay, I suppose I must have missed that if it was here, or perhaps it predated when I started paying more attention to the Setting Discussion thread. In any case, I like this solution.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Korean-war-artillery-granger
Headcanoned.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Dekshuduph wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Dekshuduph wrote:
63 edits:
I have... absolutely no idea, other than the fact that my browser crashed and I had to type it again, so I must have not been paying attention.  That is the silliest of ways I've erred this month.  Shy
No problem.

Icy Shake wrote:Okay, I suppose I must have missed that if it was here, or perhaps it predated when I started paying more attention to the Setting Discussion thread. In any case, I like this solution.
Or possibly my memories of mentioning it are inaccurate and it's just stayed in my head this entire time. But yes, it does seem a rather nice one.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:51 am

All right! I've got the new chapter, a few hours to burn, and some whiskey on the rocks. Let's do this!

Chapter 70 Commentary:

Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:03 am

SilentCarto wrote:All right! I've got the new chapter, a few hours to burn, and some whiskey on the rocks. Let's do this!

Chapter 70 Commentary:

Editing:
Ah, thank you.

SilentCarto wrote:I'm rather curious how they'd pull that off, considering the state of the weather and the EBS network.
I asked about that too. Not that I can tell you the answer I got, of course… :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:10 am

Okay, hightlights for this chapter.

The action at Miramare was classic Horizons action scene. I had just an inkling that when Amadi turns, the Harbingers would be useful idiots and a buffer to buy the Alliance some time. Even if it's only one position, the "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head" advice from Soldier-jack should help them last longer.

We finally get a name for the good rapist (is there actually such a thing? Does BJ's forgiveness actually absolving him? The Christ-metaphor is strong with this one). And I don't know if Steel Rain's message was just hilariously close to the mark, or if he heard of Blackjack's ordeal. I hope it's the former, there's no telling what unsee-able things he did after hearing about the incident. Also, Scalpel became a real bitch, but I guess Blackjack mucked up her life in Flank but good.

And now we know Rampage's origins. That she was Peppermint didn't surprise me, but the ways in which that one memory scarred her for life to the point that she removed it has so many levels of angst. And now I wonder if Rampage's reaction to Blackjack editing Scotch Tape's mind can now be considered hypocrisy, a subconscious admission to herself she'd done the wrong thing, or she just didn't want to admit that some pain needs to be taken away. Now it's got me wondering if Rampage will actually be grateful to Blackjack for finding her hidden past, or if it makes her determined to tear out her throat. Or that maybe, she's been lying this whole time, and she does remember being Twist and Doof's rape child, and took great pains to try and forget. That would make her outrage at Scotch's memory wipe a conscious objection stemming from her own experience with memory alteration and its futility in curing mental trauma.

So this chapter has a few gems in it. All that 'universe conspiring against me' stuff at least didn't rob us of that. But personally, I'm more anxious to see how the confrontation with Cogs will go, and if Rampage can actually be saved from the Dark Side. Given how Somber's foreknowledge of who lives and dies at the end of Horizons, the characters all have the ghost of George R.R. Martin hanging over them like the Grim Reaper. The next chapters sound juicy.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:06 am

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:I'm rather curious how they'd pull that off, considering the state of the weather and the EBS network.
I asked about that too.  Not that I can tell you the answer I got, of course… :)
Hehe. Point of order: Quite apart from targeting, does C1 require sunlight at the launch site, the target, or both? They cleared the sky at both sites in FoE.

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Did BJ ever have to actually put anything in that jar?...
No, you see, because she's... well, because of how BJ's been in the past, Charity was thinking ahead, and then expanded it because of all the new customers and...
...sigh. I never win.
No, it's fine -- just an honest question, because I didn't remember seeing the jar before.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:15 am

"Do you even have a port for his ship?". Laughed so hard...drunk Thrush is best pony.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:35 am

CD wrote:
We finally get a name for the good rapist
I'm pretty sure he was named way back at the Happyhorn chapter.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:36 am

RoboRed wrote:
CD wrote:
We finally get a name for the good rapist
I'm pretty sure he was named way back at the Happyhorn chapter.

If that's so, it certainly didn't stick. And that is why you need to use glue in combination with nails if you want to be a throughout carpenter.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:57 am

the word you are looking for is 'thorough'

Glue, nails and duct tape

Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:47 am

SilentCarto wrote:
They’ll fire up Celestia One and burn anything that looks hostile to slag.  The Core.  The Brood.  Your forces.  With how complicated things are here, telling friends from enemies is too much trouble and too much of a risk compared to shooting everything that moves.
I'm rather curious how they'd pull that off, considering the state of the weather and the EBS network.

Do they need clear weather over the target? I was always under the impression they only needed clear weather over Tenpony. Still if Pip knows what's going on she still controls the weather everywhere but the Hoof if it fires I'd question why Pip would just allow it. Knowing she has the power to stop it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Pretty sure the weather over the Core isn't natural, so Pip can't control it
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:10 pm

@Swicked For tageting purposes or because the deathbeam can't penetrate cloud?

Vinyl, Tenpony isn't in the core. Nowhere near it in fact, I'm certain if you block the weather there, at Tenpony it can't fire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Pretty sure the weather over the Core isn't natural, so Pip can't control it
I think you mean the inverse. The weather over the Core is natural (it's because of the shape of the valley), so Pip would probably have more trouble controlling it than the weather she creates. She should still be able to work it though.

Also, yeah, the area over the target needs to be clear. That's what Gawd and the Talons were doing during the final battle in the original.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Uhhh, My memory is so terrible, I thought they were clearing the skies over the tower.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next