Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Zolaheuzis
geekladd
Technowolf
Meleagridis
Bootleg
iLateralGX
Frost
Caoimhe
Lex4art
Syroc
Scootayay
Train Dodger
DaWarWolf
JadedPony
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Downloaded Skill
OneMoreDaySK
Kippershy
Aonee
Vergil
Karasu
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Fellorn
CD
Derpmind
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Borsuq
Heart of Blades
Scienza
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Somber
Vexd
Shady
O. Hinds
pokeperson1000
SilentCarto
Dutcher
Rayndalf
Silver136
Vinylshadow
Icy Shake
51 posters

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:08 pm

swicked wrote:...uh, Hinds, little help?
I'll be honest, I never really read the quotes before I became an editor, and continued to not after, so I have no idea.
Oh, I answered this in a previous comment reply and didn't think I needed to again; sorry.  It's from Yes Man if one delays going to the dam at the end of the Independent path.  Well, it's a modified version of that, that is; the original referred to the Legion attacking.

SilentCarto wrote:Hehe. Point of order: Quite apart from targeting, does C1 require sunlight at the launch site, the target, or both? They cleared the sky at both sites in FoE.
Both, as I understand it.

Scienza wrote:Also, yeah, the area over the target needs to be clear. That's what Gawd and the Talons were doing during the final battle in the original.
Last wrote:Uhhh, My memory is so terrible, I thought they were clearing the skies over the tower.
You're both partially right.  Gawd and her talons were handling Manehattan; Ditzy radboomed to clear the clouds over Fillydelphia.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vexd Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:46 pm

Come to think of it, not only did that memory orb
cause spoilers:
it also
gave more spoilers:

Did I read that right, or am I missing some detail on how those things work?
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:49 pm

Vexd wrote: it also
gave more spoilers:

I thought BJ has already seen the talisman transplantation process in some memory orb, hasn't she?
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:55 pm

decumos wrote:
Vexd wrote: it also
gave more spoilers:

I thought BJ has already seen the talisman transplantation process in some memory orb, hasn't she?

Yes, she saw Shujaa give it to Twist, and presumably it only works if you shove it into a new host. And even then only the body dies, your soul is sucked into the Phoenix Talisman and passed onto the next host with it. I wouldn't really call that death.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 pm

I wonder if you could remove the phoenix talisman from Rampage, shove it into BJ's old body and piece by piece remove the augments impedeing her fetus' growth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Last wrote:I wonder if you could remove the phoenix talisman from Rampage, shove it into BJ's old body and piece by piece remove the augments impedeing her fetus' growth.
Well, it would give Rampage the death she wants and allow her to atone for her sins via Heroic Sacrifice (tm), but I don't know if Blackjack would let her do it.
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexd Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Technowolf wrote:
Last wrote:I wonder if you could remove the phoenix talisman from Rampage, shove it into BJ's old body and piece by piece remove the augments impedeing her fetus' growth.
Well, it would give Rampage the death she wants and allow her to atone for her sins via Heroic Sacrifice (tm), but I don't know if Blackjack would let her do it.

On top of that, Blackjack's stuck holding the talisman at that point, mean she's now stuck as the undying (assuming Cognitum doesn't get anchored in there somehow)
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:25 pm

I don't think that will work. I think talisman recreates body to the condition it was at the moment when the Talisman was inserted (e.g. Rampage resurrects as a filly). It do not believe the Talisman can restore Blackjack's limbs or internal organs, and I doubt it can replicate removed mechanic parts. Thus, removing synthetic components from immortal Blackjack body would probably result in an eternal agony.
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Vexd wrote:
Technowolf wrote:

On top of that, Blackjack's stuck holding the talisman at that point, mean she's now stuck as the undying (assuming Cognitum doesn't get anchored in there somehow)
I thought the whole talisman immortality thing was that it was too weak to give immortality until it ate up all those people's souls? Wouldn't it just rebuild Rampage around itself after it got cut out? It built a while new Rampage after she was completely disintegrated, I think her condition is permanent unless the talisman is destroyed.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:34 pm

I think they way the phoenix talisman works is that it regenerates the body of the most recent soul placed in it. I don't think if you placed the phoenix talisman inside of BJ or anyone else for that matter Rampage would burst out of their chest like she was trying out for an Alien sequel.

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:41 pm

I also wonder if the Phoenix Talisman will cause a body to reject all mechanical augmentations during a regeneration process.
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Just what we need...an immortal Blackjack
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Just what we need...an immortal Blackjack

Well, she's already defeated death at least twice now...
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Technowolf wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:Just what we need...an immortal Blackjack

Well, she's already defeated death at least twice now...
And she has had someone's soul bound to something on her person...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:06 pm

swicked wrote:
Last wrote:@Swicked For tageting purposes or because the deathbeam can't penetrate cloud?
Because it's magic and the sun needs to already be directly hitting something for the megaspell to amp those rays into columns of firey death.
Similarly, the tower needs direct access to the sun to channel magic to those rays.
This is not an orbital cannon... or even some kinda giant mirror. It has its own laws to follow.
I think I've worked with it basically on these conditions:
1. The target needs to be in direct sunlight. Also, the megaspell chamber, but that one always seemed completely natural to me anyway.
2. It can't target anything that isn't more substantial than clouds, so no going through them directly.
3. For reasons relating to the amount of time it can fire continuously and how quickly the aim can be moved, or concerns about collateral damage, it's generally not practicable to target the nearest unclouded area, letting the intense sunlight (directly affecting the column of air it passes through) and heat coming off the target location disperse the clouds, opening a path towards where you wanted to aim. This third requirement pretty unambiguously applied in the finale scene of FoE, but might not apply in post-S&R Hoofington.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Last wrote:Do they need clear weather over the target? I was always under the impression they only needed clear weather over Tenpony. Still if Pip knows what's going on she still controls the weather everywhere but the Hoof if it fires I'd question why Pip would just allow it. Knowing she has the power to stop it.
Well, Ditzy rainboomed Fillydelphia, but that was also a WMD against Pegasus cloud-tech that took out multiple Raptors and a Thunderhead seige platform, so it's unclear. I would think C1 would burn off any clouds in the target zone, but... just wondering if there's an official version.

Scienza wrote:I think you mean the inverse. The weather over the Core is natural (it's because of the shape of the valley), so Pip would probably have more trouble controlling it than the weather she creates. She should still be able to work it though.
The Hoofington section of the SPP system is jammed, according to Chapter 63. Presumably at Cog's command.

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, I answered this in a previous comment reply and didn't think I needed to again; sorry.  It's from Yes Man if one delays going to the dam at the end of the Independent path.  Well, it's a modified version of that, that is; the original referred to the Legion attacking.
Ahhhh. Thanks.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Last wrote:Do they need clear weather over the target? I was always under the impression they only needed clear weather over Tenpony. Still if Pip knows what's going on she still controls the weather everywhere but the Hoof if it fires I'd question why Pip would just allow it. Knowing she has the power to stop it.
Well, Ditzy rainboomed Fillydelphia, but that was also a WMD against Pegasus cloud-tech that took out multiple Raptors and a Thunderhead seige platform, so it's unclear. I would think C1 would burn off any clouds in the target zone, but... just wondering if there's an official version.
Fallout: Equestria, Chapter 44 wrote:Forcing myself forward, I told her, “I need you to perform another sonic radboom.  This time, right in the middle of the conflict.”  I quickly added, “But I want you to do so with as little risk as possible.  If you can take out some of the Enclave’s ships, that’s wonderful.  But the goal is to clear the clouds over the battle zone.  So if you can pull it off at a higher altitude, keep yourself out of the firefight, that would be best.”  

Last edited by Icy Shake on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:12 pm

Vexd wrote:Come to think of it, not only did that memory orb
cause spoilers:
it also
gave more spoilers:

Well... define "kill". Implanting the Phoenix Talisman in a new host just passes on the curse, and Peppermint/Rampage would become another resident of the new host. They would still be subject to Nurse Candy's... influence. As far as we know, starmetal weapons are the only way to destroy a soul jar.

Silver136 wrote:I thought the whole talisman immortality thing was that it was too weak to give immortality until it ate up all those people's souls? Wouldn't it just rebuild Rampage around itself after it got cut out? It built a while new Rampage after she was completely disintegrated, I think her condition is permanent unless the talisman is destroyed.
It's unclear what about implanting the talisman in Peppermint supercharged it. Maybe it just needed one more soul, yeah, but maybe the addition of Peppermint's soul struck some delicate balance that another host would disrupt. Maybe it's the genetic or emotional bond between Twist and Peppermint that enables her to regenerate the way Rarity had imagined. Still, you bring up a good point -- it might be difficult to implant it in a new host now, with Rampage regenerating from total destruction around it.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:14 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Well, Ditzy rainboomed Fillydelphia, but that was also a WMD against Pegasus cloud-tech that took out multiple Raptors and a Thunderhead seige platform, so it's unclear. I would think C1 would burn off any clouds in the target zone, but... just wondering if there's an official version.
Fallout: Equestria, Chapter 44 wrote:Forcing myself forward, I told her, “I need you to perform another sonic radboom.  This time, right in the middle of the conflict.”  I quickly added, “But I want you to do so with as little risk as possible.  If you can take out some of the Enclave’s ships, that’s wonderful.  But the goal is to clear the clouds over the battle zone.  So if you can pull it off at a higher altitude, keep yourself out of the firefight, that would be best.”  
[Batman] So that's what that feels like. [/Batman]

swicked wrote:Regarding your last point, though, did we ever see them use any continuous blasts in the original fic? I thought each "shot" was just a single moment of intense sunlight.
It's not specified. I certainly picture it as a continuous beam slewing from target to target.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 pm

Scienza wrote:- GloryBra.
O. Hinds wrote:Yes, Glorybra.  :)
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Gloryb11

THIS IS YOUR FAULT.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:41 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:
P wrote:“Wait!  You forgot Mr. Ripper Killer Death Machine!”
Ahahahahahahaha!  I should have known it would be like that.  Hope Mr.Rip is found, unless I'm forgetting a moment where he shows up with his forceful personality.
I assume that was the teddy bear on the bed.

Icy Shake wrote:I've never been a big Charity fan, but between the two of them, well, Christ, what an asshole Velvet's being.
Well... do keep in mind, Velvet comes from a semi-communistic society in which she was something of a queen bee. She grew up accustomed to thinking of basic necessities as a right, not something you had to earn. Pip demonstrates the same thinking at Bucklyn Cross. I'm not saying those who have water talismans and the like shouldn't share their bounty, but on the other hand, if a community had nothing to offer but clean water, I absolutely wouldn't blame them for charging.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:47 pm

@SilentCarto:
I...
What?
I mean, I get the visual pun, but... where did that picture come from?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:07 am

*hugs Somber very gently* It's not a horrible chapter at all. I really do hope things get better for you, sir, and I hope 71 doesn't cause as much trouble.

Chapter 70 Commentary:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:48 am

O. Hinds wrote:@SilentCarto:
I...
What?
I mean, I get the visual pun, but... where did that picture come from?
Just over in the Fanart thread.
Source
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:59 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Scienza wrote:- GloryBra.
O. Hinds wrote:Yes, Glorybra.  :)
*snip*

THIS IS YOUR FAULT.
GLORIOUS
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:03 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:"Diamond Tiara...  That filly had serious flank issues." - This combined with the alicorn following Velvet around so much makes me wonder who she is, especially since Velvet tends to sing a lot of Sweetie Belle songs.
It sounds like you're suggesting a CMC, but their corpses are all accounted for. Given that alicornication turns the subject female, we really have no idea whatsoever who this might be, except that they're from Ponyville and a contemporary of the CMCs. Could be any of the fillies and colts we saw during Luna Eclipsed and Twilight Time, really...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:38 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Silver136 wrote:I thought the whole talisman immortality thing was that it was too weak to give immortality until it ate up all those people's souls? Wouldn't it just rebuild Rampage around itself after it got cut out? It built a while new Rampage after she was completely disintegrated, I think her condition is permanent unless the talisman is destroyed.
It's unclear what about implanting the talisman in Peppermint supercharged it. Maybe it just needed one more soul, yeah, but maybe the addition of Peppermint's soul struck some delicate balance that another host would disrupt. Maybe it's the genetic or emotional bond between Twist and Peppermint that enables her to regenerate the way Rarity had imagined. Still, you bring up a good point -- it might be difficult to implant it in a new host now, with Rampage regenerating from total destruction around it.

My headcanon is that, for the Phoenix Talisman to be separated from its host, it must be given willingly.

SilentCarto wrote:
It sounds like you're suggesting a CMC, but their corpses are all accounted for. Given that alicornication turns the subject female, we really have no idea whatsoever who this might be, except that they're from Ponyville and a contemporary of the CMCs. Could be any of the fillies and colts we saw during Luna Eclipsed and Twilight Time, really...

It could be Babs.
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexd Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:49 am

Technowolf wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:

My headcanon is that, for the Phoenix Talisman to be separated from its host, it must be given willingly.

SilentCarto wrote:

It could be Babs.

But The Goddess only took in unicorns for conversion
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:24 am

Vexd wrote:

I thought she could convert anypony but they would always come out the same because there was no earth/pegasi in the original template? 

Side question: how many pages long is Horizons now?
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : -8

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:28 am

JadedPony wrote:
Vexd wrote:

I thought she could convert anypony but they would always come out the same because there was no earth/pegasi in the original template?

No, they were all female because there were no males in the original template.  IIRC, the whole "no earth/pegasus ponies thing" was one of Red Eye's theories on why the Goddess couldn't create true Harmony.
Technowolf
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next