Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Zolaheuzis
geekladd
Technowolf
Meleagridis
Bootleg
iLateralGX
Frost
Caoimhe
Lex4art
Syroc
Scootayay
Train Dodger
DaWarWolf
JadedPony
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Downloaded Skill
OneMoreDaySK
Kippershy
Aonee
Vergil
Karasu
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Fellorn
CD
Derpmind
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Borsuq
Heart of Blades
Scienza
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Somber
Vexd
Shady
O. Hinds
pokeperson1000
SilentCarto
Dutcher
Rayndalf
Silver136
Vinylshadow
Icy Shake
51 posters

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:58 pm

And that's about as likely as Blackjack having a happy ending

Although depending on who you ask, she's already had MANY 'happy endings' lately
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Silver136 Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:34 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Silver136 wrote:I feel like Blackjack is going to lose her blank body as well of she gets Folly back. It taints the user with every shot, and blanks exposed to too much taint become huge. I think the story may come full circle (like when BJ first got Folly and was warned about its taint effect, but was still forced to use it to save people), and have Blackjack either die or become a cyborg again.
The amount of Flux in a Silver Bullet is smaller than the bottle she already drank.
I understand that, but I feel like now thatBJ knows she's "immune" and sort of strengthened by taint, she's gonna be exposed to it more, so I kinda feel like she's going to somehow overtaint her new body.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Blackjack becomes a Fattie?

Poor BJ XD
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:36 pm

Silver136 wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
Silver136 wrote:I feel like Blackjack is going to lose her blank body as well of she gets Folly back. It taints the user with every shot, and blanks exposed to too much taint become huge. I think the story may come full circle (like when BJ first got Folly and was warned about its taint effect, but was still forced to use it to save people), and have Blackjack either die or become a cyborg again.
The amount of Flux in a Silver Bullet is smaller than the bottle she already drank.
I understand that, but I feel like now thatBJ knows she's "immune" and sort of strengthened by taint, she's gonna be exposed to it more, so I kinda feel like she's going to somehow overtaint her new body.

I'd question if there were even enough bullets left for Folly to cause that. It was a prototype weapon and the bullets were specially made for it.

Though it's clear that flux gives her some sort of boost. Almost like mintals. If BJ was going to turn into a fattie I'd imagine it would come from abusing flux directly, not from firing folly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Speaking of Folly didn't BJ need EC1101 (I don't remember where the dash went) to fire it? BJ getting that back from Cognitum before defeating her is pretty unlikely.

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Last wrote:Speaking of Folly didn't BJ need EC1101 (I don't remember where the dash went) to fire it? BJ getting that back from Cognitum before defeating her is pretty unlikely.
Nope. Here was the firing sequence:

>PipBuck synchronization: complete.
>Blood pattern analysis: confirmed.
>Magical field analysis: confirmed.
>Authorization confirmed.
>Warning!  BBP loaded.  BGP armed.
>Do you wish to fire?  Y/N?

In retrospect, it was obviously noting that she was a Ministry Mare to authorize the firing. The magical field analysis was presumably to avoid someone tricking it by smearing the gun with fresh blood.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:17 pm

Oh, I think the Y/N is what threw me. For some reason I relate that to EC1101. Thanks for clearing it up for me Silent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:23 am

Wow, between a bunch of things, including admittedly at two new chapters, it's been a while since I've been able to go back and read a new one. Let's see . . . seven weeks! Well, glad things have settled down enough to get back to a bit of normality. Got to "A Good Day," which of course helped make mine one, too.

Oh, and O. Hinds, I found out what went wrong last time with all the false positives for italicization: Nallar's HTML pulls in some, maybe most, italics, but not all of them. That's the first time I've seen it have that sort of problem, barring of course recent edits.

Chapter Fifty One Running Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty One Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty One Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:33 am

Last wrote:
Silver136 wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:

I'd question if there were even enough bullets left for Folly to cause that. It was a prototype weapon and the bullets were specially made for it.

Though it's clear that flux gives her some sort of boost. Almost like mintals. If BJ was going to turn into a fattie I'd imagine it would come from abusing flux directly, not from firing folly.
I understand that, but even though its a small amount of taint in the bullets, it was enough to mess Blackjack up pretty badly before. Add to that any other exposure, which as I said I'm sire there will be at this point due to taints strengthening effect, and I just kind of feel it coming.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:04 am

10 Bits says Charity's got Folly in stock that she swindled off of some poor scavenger
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:27 am

Icy Shake wrote:Wow, between a bunch of things, including admittedly at two new chapters, it's been a while since I've been able to go back and read a new one. Let's see . . . seven weeks! Well, glad things have settled down enough to get back to a bit of normality. Got to "A Good Day," which of course helped make mine one, too.

Oh, and O. Hinds, I found out what went wrong last time with all the false positives for italicization: Nallar's HTML pulls in some, maybe most, italics, but not all of them. That's the first time I've seen it have that sort of problem, barring of course recent edits.

Chapter Fifty One Running Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty One Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty One Editing:
Other Editing:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:Oh, and O. Hinds, I found out what went wrong last time with all the false positives for italicization: Nallar's HTML pulls in some, maybe most, italics, but not all of them. That's the first time I've seen it have that sort of problem, barring of course recent edits.
Hum. Computers do strange things sometimes…

Icy Shake wrote:should "Tempest" be italicized?
I don't think so.

Icy Shake wrote:I kind of feel like maybe "really" should be italicized since she's not just thinking that it's unhelpful, but contrasting to her desire that it would help
I don't see that, sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:whatever the hell year it is
Well, in my headcanon, at least, it's 2015 Pax Roamana, 211 Luna, 0 Sunshine and Rainbows, and 200 Elusive. The 211 Luna is probably the only one that applies within PH, though.

Icy Shake wrote:Man, I feel bad about what I was thinking as I read this.
…Now I'm curious.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:35 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Man, I feel bad about what I was thinking as I read this.
…Now I'm curious.
For easier reference:
Chapter Fifty One wrote:I didn’t waste any time as I charged, swinging the heavy disk as hard as I could.
Swap in "my" for "the" and make one other letter change.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:36 am

...Oh.
Yes, well, Blackjack's been going through a lot of changes, certainly, but I don't think that that one is among them. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:38 am

Victory by any means necessary? She'll change if it'll help
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:06 am

P-21 is going to love her even more.  Sweetie Belle 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:33 am

I wonder if he's ever fantasized about her eye tentacles...

"Why are you looking at my...oh god what are you...oh myyyyy"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Somber posted the fifth and newest chapter of Broken Accords, and it has the most hardcore version of the Hearthswarming story I've ever seen. To really summarize hard, not only were Wendigos around, the three tribes were falling into all out war with super-weapons like necromancy, lightning constructs, and seeds (perhaps the most terrifying) tearing the old country to pieces when Equestria came about. It's seriously dark backstory stuff, and the rest of the story's (obviously) really great so far. Go read it already!
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:38 am

I'm sorry, everyone.  I really wish I'd been able to focus on chapter 70.  I hoped to be able to grind it out.  I couldn't.  Had to take a cymbalta, which nukes my creativity (as well as many other things.  The fun of SSRI's.) and since I'm going to be gone weekend after next... sigh...

I'm just sorry.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:30 am

*hugs very gently* I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling so badly... Please just try to take care of yourself, sir.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:09 am

Somber wrote:I'm sorry, everyone.  I really wish I'd been able to focus on chapter 70.  I hoped to be able to grind it out.  I couldn't.  Had to take a cymbalta, which nukes my creativity (as well as many other things.  The fun of SSRI's.) and since I'm going to be gone weekend after next... sigh...

I'm just sorry.

No worries! Your dastardly deep, dreadfully deceptive, daringly delightful, descriptive drama is worth the wait! :) 

Be careful with Cymbalta, if it's killing your drive to write it's also most likely impeding your sex drive which is a sign that it's raising your blood pressure. If you know anyone who can check your blood pressure, you should get it checked and watch your sodium levels. Cymbalta and products like it can cause cravings for things like Ramen noodles and other foods which are high in sodium. Of course this compounds the high blood pressure problem. Pretty much you should never eat anything made out of those ramen noodle like products while on any kind of mood altering medication. 

Word of advice from someone who has hereditary high blood pressure: Put a plastic drinking glass in your bathroom, upside down, on a washcloth. Every time you pee, drink a glass of water. As long as you store the glass upside down and not mouth open, it's sanitary. 

You will lose weight, you will feel better, you will look better, your drives will improve, your skin will be better. Really, everyone should do it.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:22 am

JadedPony wrote:Every time you pee, drink a glass of water.
Or better yet, beer!

...Blackjack suggests whiskey, but I'm not sure about that.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:39 am

I'm not sure about beer either
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 am

I don't think recommending alcohol to someone under mood-altering drugs is a really recommended thing. You know, risks of bad interactions and all the possible consequences.

Anyway, hope you get better Somber. Shitty situation you're in, but I'm confident you'll overcome it.

Still need to read your new story, by the way. Need to find some time to do it...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 am

I'm enjoying Broken Accords

I like the idea that pegasus eat static electricity
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Link for Broken Records? I'm at lunch from work so I shouldn't go internet delving too much. I hardly think the boss would approve if he sees me looking up stories with pony in the results. He thinks all men should be manly men who like manly things like cars which are shaped like women! Because that's how you attract straight women, by buying the most lesbian car possible, right?
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:35 pm

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/204342/broken-accords

The most lesbian car possible....
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Ah! thanks for the link. I'm starting the story now! 

Re: The most lesbian car possible....

This is the kind of car that my boss drives. Like every day. He calls it his second wife. 

1973 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Is that why I find it so alluring?
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I don't think recommending alcohol to someone under mood-altering drugs is a really recommended thing. You know, risks of bad interactions and all the possible consequences.
 How 
I don't think guzzling large quantities of alcohol in general is recommended.

JadedPony wrote:This is the kind of car that my boss drives. Like every day. He calls it his second wife.
Is THAT what those bumps over the front wheels are?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:35 am

Hang in there, Somber.

JadedPony wrote:
Re: The most lesbian car possible....

This is the kind of car that my boss drives. Like every day. He calls it his second wife.

1973 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Rayndalf wrote:Is that why I find it so alluring?
Classic Stingray is a great car that everyone should love.

I, on the other hand, have a total boner right now for the Corvette C7. Especially the C7.R.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next