Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
CD
Retl
kingkodus
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Harmony Ltd.
Dekshuduph
Train Dodger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Luminous Lead
pokeperson1000
Technowolf
Valikdu
Thoroar
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
FeatherDust
neoaustin
Loud_Taffy
OneMoreDaySK
MSCA
Evilgidgit
WavemasterRyx
ARoundCorner
Exodus Hero
Silver136
Dutcher
RoboRed
Somber
Borsuq
Derpmind
Shady
Vergil
Rayndalf
Vinylshadow
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Scienza
44 posters

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Derpmind Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:09 pm

I've had a shitty stuff-your-face-with-ice cream day, but:

Spoiler:

Fucking YES! YESYESYESYESYES!

Spoiler:

Yes. Twilight Sparkle
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Derpmind Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Spoiler:

Laughing my face off right about now.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkodus Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Great chapter Somber, as always. That cliffhanger tho... Dammit.
kingkodus
kingkodus
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Sorry King.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:37 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:And 68 is out!
*hugs you and Somber each gently*

Well gdocs is still being silly, but I got my copy downloaded, and I am definitely looking forward to reading it tonight.
I've figured out what's wrong, at least somewhat, and all I have to say is: (provisionally) fuck you, Google. It works in Chrome. Based on how widespread the issue is and how long it's been ongoing, I'm not sure they care about fixing it for Firefox or IE. Hopefully I'm just being overly sensitive and mistrustful, but this kind of thing strikes me as anticompetitive. Matter of fact . . .
Wikipedia, Microsoft Litigation page wrote:The issue central to the case was whether Microsoft was allowed to bundle its flagship Internet Explorer (IE) web browser software with its Microsoft Windows operating system. Bundling them together is alleged to have been responsible for Microsoft's victory in the browser wars as every Windows user had a copy of Internet Explorer. It was further alleged that this unfairly restricted the market for competing web browsers (such as Netscape Navigator or Opera) that were slow to download over a modem or had to be purchased at a store. Underlying these disputes were questions over whether Microsoft altered or manipulated its application programming interfaces (APIs) to favor Internet Explorer over third party web browsers, Microsoft's conduct in forming restrictive licensing agreements with OEM computer manufacturers, and Microsoft's intent in its course of conduct.
Not saying it's just the same, but if that's what's going on, it sure rhymes. Granted, Microsoft won the case on appeal, but given the weakness of antitrust law in the US at the moment, I'm not sure how much that really means on the merits.

On a more positive note, I enjoyed the chapter greatly. Cliffhanger reminds me of another from a while back, and it feels like things are falling into place. Didn't see the big surprise coming, or expect everyone who showed up. Thank you, Somber and editors, for a great night. I'll have fuller thoughts up tomorrow, I expect.

Chapter Sixty Eight Running Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Eight Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 am

I enjoyed the chapter! A lot of stuff happened and it's kinda neat to think about. It also served to remind me of / clarify points that I had been confused about in previous chapters for simply being a casual reader.

Spoiler:
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 am

Icy Shake wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:And 68 is out!
*hugs you and Somber each gently*

Well gdocs is still being silly, but I got my copy downloaded, and I am definitely looking forward to reading it tonight.
I've figured out what's wrong, at least somewhat, and all I have to say is: (provisionally) fuck you, Google. It works in Chrome. Based on how widespread the issue is and how long it's been ongoing, I'm not sure they care about fixing it for Firefox or IE. Hopefully I'm just being overly sensitive and mistrustful, but this kind of thing strikes me as anticompetitive. Matter of fact . . .
Wikipedia, Microsoft Litigation page wrote:The issue central to the case was whether Microsoft was allowed to bundle its flagship Internet Explorer (IE) web browser software with its Microsoft Windows operating system. Bundling them together is alleged to have been responsible for Microsoft's victory in the browser wars as every Windows user had a copy of Internet Explorer. It was further alleged that this unfairly restricted the market for competing web browsers (such as Netscape Navigator or Opera) that were slow to download over a modem or had to be purchased at a store. Underlying these disputes were questions over whether Microsoft altered or manipulated its application programming interfaces (APIs) to favor Internet Explorer over third party web browsers, Microsoft's conduct in forming restrictive licensing agreements with OEM computer manufacturers, and Microsoft's intent in its course of conduct.
Not saying it's just the same, but if that's what's going on, it sure rhymes. Granted, Microsoft won the case on appeal, but given the weakness of antitrust law in the US at the moment, I'm not sure how much that really means on the merits.

On a more positive note, I enjoyed the chapter greatly. Cliffhanger reminds me of another from a while back, and it feels like things are falling into place. Didn't see the big surprise coming, or expect everyone who showed up. Thank you, Somber and editors, for a great night. I'll have fuller thoughts up tomorrow, I expect.

Chapter Sixty Eight Running Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Eight Editing:
Other Editing:
Ah, thank you.

Icy Shake wrote:get rid of the capital in "programMed"
…No idea what happened there.

Icy Shake wrote:Isn't this the kind of thing you just use "hell" for? Unless he's actually planning on banishing her to that real, physical (or whatever) place?
[shrugs]
I think that the current version works, though. If nothing else, it's just Hades being a bit odd.

Icy Shake wrote:Did the raiders out in their area eat people?
Eh, I'm sure some of them did, but I've changed it to "Remember them good old days when the worst we had to worry ‘bout was raiders killin’ us and usin’ our insides fer decoration?" anyway.

Icy Shake wrote:NOBODY COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING.
I know, right? :D

Icy Shake wrote:This is making me think I may have been right in my prediction things would play out like "A Canterlot Wedding" part one, just on a later timeline than anticipated.
…Huh. The quotes do kind of match. That sure is a nice coinci-- Um. I mean. YES, BOW BEFORE OUR BRILLIANCE! For this was completely intentional and definitely not something that we were all too tired to notice!
Maybe our subconsciouses were being more clever than we were here…

Icy Shake wrote:I guess, but come on. This guy pushed a mare down a mineshaft.
Hm. I disagree. Pushing the mare down the mineshaft was done in cold blood, in a controlled manner, and because he'd concluded that it was an unpleasant necessity. The incident with Pinkie Pie was something in his head finally getting wound too tightly and going sproing.

Icy Shake wrote:Bear in mind that "Today's Issue Canceled Due to Nuclear Armageddon" already happened in this one.
:D

Icy Shake wrote:Worshipping a machine for longer than Cognitum's template had been alive, let alone free.
Fun fact: We were here calling Amadi a cargo cultist in an earlier draft, but it turned out that a: most people, if they've heard of cargo cults at all, apparently think that they're just a trope rather than an actual anthropological thing and b: none of us could think of something in the history of this world that would have spurred the creation of the term here. Ah well.

Icy Shake wrote:Minor bad taste in the mouth since I've never cared much for the whole "corrupted virtues" thing, or at least the overuse and misapplication.
Ah, but consider what Blackjack is doing here: she is deliberately using it as a trope as part of a performance.

Icy Shake wrote:Probably unintentional, but the double entendre is pretty good there, considering one is Whisper.
Hah, I didn't notice that one! :D

Icy Shake wrote:Is it really? I got that with the spear, sure, but come on, she loved the dragon claw and the starmetal sword, used them all the time. Gelded a guy with the former.
Well, yeah, but those were both special weapons (and, in the sword's case, weapons interested in being used…). This is, to Blackjack, just an ordinary lump of sharpened metal. A historian would probably scream in horror at her treating such a priceless artifact that way, but a historian Blackjack is not.

Icy Shake wrote:I think we have a winner for the line from this chapter that best sums up the story as a whole.
:D

Icy Shake wrote:Whelp, hopefully this won't be too painful.
That was pretty much Somber's reaction when he was heading in to write her, too. I don't really mind Homage that much, as far as I can remember. I mean, I don't particularly like her, but I don't particularly dislike her either.

[quote-"Icy Shake"]. . . Sleepy. Sneezy. Bashful. Dopey. Happy. She killed Doc, though. That's why she was there.[/quote]
:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:23 am

O. Hinds wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:Well gdocs is still being silly, but I got my copy downloaded, and I am definitely looking forward to reading it tonight.
Enjoy, Ryx!
I did, very much so. *hugs again a little*

*hugs Somber very gently again too*  I really hope you'll be okay, sir.  Please try to take care of yourself... I hope you feel better from the after-con soon, and I'm so very happy you enjoyed yourself while you were there.  There could be worse things than moving to Seattle, if they happened to have an opening...

Well... I thought it was a fantastic chapter, sir...

Initial thoughts:

I'll try to get my full comments done as soon as I can... hopefully less than a week this time...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:15 am

Rant/Personal Tastes??:

Rant/Personal Taste aside, many thanks for the new chapter PH team. Hope things go well on the home-front Somber, I'll pray for you.
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:34 am

swicked wrote:
...and I have nothing to add. Goodnight everypony!

I lol'd.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:41 am

@Cai
A tad late, but welcome back!

Re: Chapter 68:
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:10 am

Great chapter. That last line was like a dagger in the heart!
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:43 am

I see you hiding in this chapter, Human Revolution.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:24 am

Great, now I have to stop reading replies or else people are going to spoil 68 for me...

Well, I'll read it tonight then~

*curses the one item that eludes my 100% completion rate in AM2R* Already had to look up a walkthrough on how to get that one Super Missile Tank in the dark area...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Ryx wrote:This will need to be checked (and I don't remember if it might be mentioned other times in this or last chapter), but I believe Whisper had blue eyes.
Nope, yellow. Or they're supposed to be, at any rate. If you find a place where they're described as blue, please let us know.

Exodus Hero wrote:The reason being that the original FoE characters seem to have an immunity aura around them and myself as the reader don't feel any concern for what happens to them as they'll make it out just fine in the end.
That may not be a valid assumption to make. :)
I mean, I'm not saying that any of them will die, but I don't recall whether Somber wants to keep fully in continuity with the ten year epilogue…

Exodus Hero wrote:"Hey Exodus, you have the original timelines mixed up!"
Where do the timelines come into it?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:42 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Ryx wrote:This will need to be checked (and I don't remember if it might be mentioned other times in this or last chapter), but I believe Whisper had blue eyes.
Nope, yellow.  Or they're supposed to be, at any rate.  If you find a place where they're described as blue, please let us know.
Oh... dear...

"She laughed as her blue eyes looked down at me.  'Aww... do you want me to kiss it and make it all better?'" Was her first appearance in Chapter 24, and as far as I can remember, they have been mentioned as such since then, which would be a whole lot of ground to cover...
It's also going to ruin a lot of artists' days, since pretty much mine is the only picture where she's had yellow eyes, and that was on accident...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:01 pm

...Ah. Well that's... nice.
...Hm.
Was I wrong about them being meant to be yellow, maybe?
Well, I'm a bit low on time at the moment (I'll be getting ready for class in about fifteen minutes, and after class I've got a big project to work on), and I don't know which way I'd correct this anyway. I'll email Somber and get to it later... though, if it turns out that I'm right about them being golden, I may need to request Icy Shake's help in finding all the blue ones.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:03 pm

There, email sent. I don't know how long it will take Somber to get back to me, though. He might see this issue here first.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm still reading but this bothered me:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Well...some of that was definitely unexpected.
Spoiler:

Moving in on that big battle that's coming up in the story. It'll be here very soon. I can feel it.

In other news, this kept motherfucking popping up all the goddamn time while I was reading, and it made me want to put my fist though my monitor. Fuck you, Google:
fuck. you.:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 pm

O. Hinds wrote:...Ah.  Well that's... nice.
...Hm.
Was I wrong about them being meant to be yellow, maybe?
Well, I'm a bit low on time at the moment (I'll be getting ready for class in about fifteen minutes, and after class I've got a big project to work on), and I don't know which way I'd correct this anyway.  I'll email Somber and get to it later... though, if it turns out that I'm right about them being golden, I may need to request Icy Shake's help in finding all the blue ones.
O. Hinds wrote:There, email sent. I don't know how long it will take Somber to get back to me, though. He might see this issue here first.
Ah, I'm sorry, sir...

Honestly I'd probably be the only one upset by them being officially yellow for "causing trouble for everyone", it probably wouldn't bother anyone else... Though yeah, asking Icy Shake for help either way seems like a good plan.

I hope your class and project go okay, and I'm sorry again.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:22 pm

SilentCarto wrote:No argument on that, though I'm curious whether you're implying you liked them better in FO2. They were still reprehensible, of course, but at least in FO2 they served the same function as the super mutants in FO1.
I liked the Enclave best in New Vegas, which is strange because they don't really exist beyond a handful of old people. The Enclave was portrayed as anything but a homogeneous evil empire, with its people fighting for any number of reasons beyond killing your dad and screwing over everybody else in the Wasteland. There were some who honestly believed in the ideals of the 'Murica, there were those that believed that it was best option for peace, there were those who just didn't have any other options.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Train Dodger Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:00 pm

A few more fixes for the new chapter:

Chapter 68 Proofing:
Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Okay, Psychohy's eyes are supposed to be blue. Oops. I'll be working on that once I finish this latest round of 68 corrections.

Last wrote:
I'm still reading but this bothered me:
Hm, I can sort of see that. I've tweaked the wording.

Ryx wrote:Ah, I'm sorry, sir...

Honestly I'd probably be the only one upset by them being officially yellow for "causing trouble for everyone", it probably wouldn't bother anyone else... Though yeah, asking Icy Shake for help either way seems like a good plan.

I hope your class and project go okay, and I'm sorry again.
No problem, and thanks. And as for the class and project, it turns out that the project is much easier than I thought. The professor just left, oh, a rather large number of important details off the assignment. And then wondered why so many students were confused.

Train Dodger wrote:A few more fixes for the new chapter:

Chapter 68 Proofing:
Ah, thank you.

Right, now to see about those eyes…
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Okay, I think that the eyes are fixed now. There's one more instance I found in the deleted scene, but I decided to leave that one.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:38 pm

On a more positive note, Blackjack found a way to escape Hades' realm that didn't involve the most sumptuous, succulent blowjob a mare has ever given. Pity.

On a depressing note, the more Blackjack talks about how much she wants to reunite with Glory, the more I believe Glory's not gonna live at the end. Fallout just likes to hit you with those gut punches that make you double over, gasping 'why?'.

Spoiler:

Last edited by CD on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:13 pm

The Viper and the Mountain?

The tag is "spoiler", not "hide".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Chapter 68

thoughts:

editing:

Sorry if those thoughts just come off as bitching. I don't really know how to give them. I might be able to work it out eventually though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:19 pm

O. Hinds wrote:The Viper and the Mountain?

The tag is "spoiler", not "hide".
*CRUNCH-splort*

And yes, I done got m'self spoilt. I really need to stop checking my notifications before I finish the chapter.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:19 pm

RoboRed wrote:In other news, this kept motherfucking popping up all the goddamn time while I was reading, and it made me want to put my fist though my monitor. Fuck you, Google:
fuck. you.:
Yeah, it's been a problem for a lot of us. You can probably view the page fine in Chrome, or if you really want it in Firefox you can open it in Chrome, save a copy to your own Drive account, and view the copy in Firefox.

Chapter Sixty Eight Overall Thoughts:

Editing stuff:
Don't know if you got the yellow eyes outside of 68, but just in case, here are the ones I found:
36: I saw her wide, murderous grin, her yellow eyes wide in glee as her power hooves crackled.
39: “Shut your mouth, you stupid, self-righteous little cunt. You didn’t save him! I am going to--“ she began, when there was a soft ‘pfft’ and a dart appeared in her flank. Her yellow eyes widened as she began to sway. “Fucking… cunt…” And then she went limp.
48: Her yellow eyes popped wide, and then her buttery wings fluffed at her sides

Also,
45: “I… but… You…” she stammered in agitation,
should have second space before "You" or not capitalize it

55: She wasn’t quite as formally dressed as the other two but had a grin that could give Rampage a run for its bottlecaps.
it should be either "Rampage's a run for its" or "Rampage a run for her," probably the former

I returned the favor by sharing a few secrets I’d learned, like the details of how Goldenblood’s affair with Fluttershy had ended and how her baby had survived to become the reaper Psychoshy.
"reaper" should be capitalized

68: “And the Professor seemed to believe you were Blackjack too.
"Professor" shouldn't be capitalized
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next