Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
brony all alone
iLateralGX
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
StoneSlinger88
Cptadder
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ironmonger
Valikdu
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Frost
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
22 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:04 am

My voice, usually, good at arguments two..few hours after I had an argument.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:46 am

I've just finished watching Game of Thrones from beginning to 'end'.

Hooooooooly Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:47 am

Now try read all those books.  Trollestia 
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:36 am

Spoiler:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:15 am

Aaaaand.... done.

Finished celebrating the 80 years anniversary of the French Air Force. It was probably really beautiful, but I couldn't tell you, as I was in the ranks, and thus was scientifically unable of enjoying the show.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:44 am

http://micthemicrophone.tumblr.com/post/89774079153/rudderpop-puckotg22-wallywest89-how-to
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:08 am

Katarn wrote:Now try read all those books.  Trollestia 
Only if I get to beat you with a bag full if them and dead characters.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 am

@Katarn: Ha! Okay, that one was actually amusing :P

@EP: Erf... hate how the battle maison cheats... it's a chore to begin with without the hax xD
At least I managed to beat 200. While Sword McStab did help, I do have too say Kangashkan and Gliscor did most the work.  Damn you outstall pokemans so well you beautiful son of a birch... aiming for all the trophies now, then I'll officially have "beaten" pokemans xP (So to say)

On a side note of that, can say I'm honestly a bit contemplative about PH... so far, at least on what I've heard, I've only seen complaints on PH, of how stupid or retarded x has been, or the y part that made them stop reading for a few days. Along with almost everyone I know that reads it, treats each new chapter as a stand-alone, unrelated fic, as it just replaces+revamps the characters and throws in random story elements anyhow, so "it's not worth bothering to try and keep up". Like I think I might have mentioned before, but this perplex me as said. Is it like, a stockholm syndome deal, or do people follow a more "completionist" mentality that keeps them reading? :P

That said, with my experiment being a utter bust, or whatever the term is, I will give a bit of a quirk of my brow, as the only response/feedback I got from anything, was yet another person saying I write and develop the characters and world of Somber way better than Somber does. And like, one instance or person I guess I could see. But so far, it's been everyone... which has me puzzled, as I just see myself as decent or above average at best. What exactly is it that Somber lacks and that I got? Or whatnot. Or do FoE grimdark tags on any pony fanfic site only attract a specific type of person? xD Ah well, trailing off here. Been very disoriented lately. Obtaining large quantities of ice cream did not help either xP

Eh, either case. Will get back to my first run of mass effect. Maybe I can try to zone out a bit
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:30 am

@Why reading PH
'Cos it's a good story that I enjoy reading. It's not a normal one, though, so it's got some quirks (due to the extreme length and some other decisions that were made, subconsciously or otherwise, that turned it in the direction of a serialized novel) that some people can't handle (such as a revolving cast between arcs, a nigh-monolithic pace, and the extreme length). It's also, uh, definitely a story for people who can appreciate the aesthetics of things like American Psycho (the book) - both in terms of the subject matter, and in terms of being able to wait a long, long time to see where something's going. This is not popular in an age of instant gratification and pop criticism. That's my take, leastways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:43 pm

@PH

I'd recommend it, but it's one of those things that you have to read all the way through. Early on certain things will look simple and clear cut, but as you learn more you find out the reality was no where near what your original conception of it was. However I will not say the story is perfect and that the complaints against it are baseless, lord knows somethings about it aggravate me to no end, but I will say it is pretty good and most of the time it's just people being angry because they treat the original like the Bible or exaggeration / twisting words. No point in throwing a baby out with the bathwater and all that. I like the characters, I like the plot and the expansions on the original FO:E canon, I like the action sequences, and I like the character development. It's a good fic that provoked a lot of feelings and thoughts in me. I just recommend that you go into it without expectations that would color your judgment of it.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:50 pm

NOTHING STOP GLORIOUS SOVIET DELIVERY TRUCK:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Gentlefreaks, I, at long last, have my phone to keep forever. Also I'm turning Blue tomorrow and graduating the next day, which I suppose is also good, yadda yadda start of a great journey blah blah hooah hooah.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Katarn: Ha! Okay, that one was actually amusing :P

@EP: Erf... hate how the battle maison cheats... it's a chore to begin with without the hax xD
At least I managed to beat 200. While Sword McStab did help, I do have too say Kangashkan and Gliscor did most the work.  Damn you outstall pokemans so well you beautiful son of a birch... aiming for all the trophies now, then I'll officially have "beaten" pokemans xP (So to say)

On a side note of that, can say I'm honestly a bit contemplative about PH... so far, at least on what I've heard, I've only seen complaints on PH, of how stupid or retarded x has been, or the y part that made them stop reading for a few days. Along with almost everyone I know that reads it, treats each new chapter as a stand-alone, unrelated fic, as it just replaces+revamps the characters and throws in random story elements anyhow, so "it's not worth bothering to try and keep up". Like I think I might have mentioned before, but this perplex me as said. Is it like, a stockholm syndome deal, or do people follow a more "completionist" mentality that keeps them reading? :P

That said, with my experiment being a utter bust, or whatever the term is, I will give a bit of a quirk of my brow, as the only response/feedback I got from anything, was yet another person saying I write and develop the characters and world of Somber way better than Somber does. And like, one instance or person I guess I could see. But so far, it's been everyone... which has me puzzled, as I just see myself as decent or above average at best. What exactly is it that Somber lacks and that I got? Or whatnot. Or do FoE grimdark tags on any pony fanfic site only attract a specific type of person? xD Ah well, trailing off here. Been very disoriented lately. Obtaining large quantities of ice cream did not help either xP

Eh, either case. Will get back to my first run of mass effect. Maybe I can try to zone out a bit
I'd say a lot of the problems you have with PH aren't as big a deal with other people. PH is a massive, massive story, and the larger things are, the more prone they are to problems, especially for someone who doesn't have the luxury of banging out an entire draft first then releasing it to proofreaders, rather than doing it chapter-by-chapter.

And for Mass Effect, I'd recommend paragon the first game, and then switch to renegade if you want a renegade playthrough. First game's moral choices tended to have you a hero or asshole, rather than hero or antihero badass.

And Frost, I trust you've learned the true meaning of "Hooah": "Shut the fuck up and let us get this shit done, we stopped caring ten minutes ago".
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:24 pm

FROST you glorious bastard!
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:25 pm

*gives Frost manliest glomp possible*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Frost, how does it feel to have unrefined 'Murican freedom running through your veins?
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Stone, this whole platoon's been Black on Fucks for the past ten weeks. We win everything while simultaneously looking like the biggest shitbags on Sand Hill. (We even won IP8 because I was the only guy in the company who knew what an M136 is). When I say "Hooah", is usually in response to something violent, gay, or expressing laziness or distain.

I appreciate the welcomes from everyone. Thankfully, all I have to do today is put my Class B's together and possibly be interviewed in relation to the investigation my Drill Sergeant is under as of the Battalion sensing session.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Grats on graduating from whatever color you are before you're blue, Frost!

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:06 pm

That's the only shitty thing. All the other guys are taking a step up, but I'm going from supreme whiteness to a mere little blue person. And now they're my "brothers" and shit. The nerve of these uppity folks these days.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:I will say it is pretty good and most of the time it's just people being angry because they treat the original like the Bible or exaggeration / twisting words. No point in throwing a baby out with the bathwater and all that.

I see that even within PH's small community. I've heard TB and Buckley talk about it. If you've spent any amount of time in or around a community you don't need to hear what they have to say. It becomes pretty obvious that some of the people that enjoy whatever it is they do become so invested either through time or money they have trouble seeing the flaws in whatever it is they enjoy.

And when those flaws are pointed out to them instead of suggesting that the person may have a point and try and debate it, I've seen it before but smaller community means it happens less often. They just try and invalidate the point suggesting that they are part of some hate circle-jerk.

Or worse yet they lash out and defend against any criticism as if it were an insult against themselves.

But some criticisms are useful, both to Somber and any potential readers. This is a long ass story, it usally takes me a couple of hours to finish a chapter and there are 67 (That's right? If you count the two parter as individual chapters?) assuming it only took me two hours per chapter that's a 134 hours. That's a significant amount of time. I'd be mad if I invested a quarter of that and events in the story turned me off of it.

But I guess the point I was trying to make is those problems aren't FO:E exclusive but of fans as a whole. There's always a few right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Last believe me when I say that I wasn't disregarding all their criticism as hate mongering, it's just that most of the time it's a valid complaint lost under so much vitriol and abuse that it becomes almost meaningless or it's hatred based on something that really isn't Somber's fault like breaking someone's headcanon or it's hatred over something ridiculous like having the "audacity" to expand on something from the original. Criticisms and praise that aren't substantiated aren't as useful if at all and criticisms over the other points is just plain laughable. My problem with it all is that most of the time it isn't constructive and it's based on things typically, but not always, so far divorced from what actually happened that it's a strawman or points aren't detailed to really get to the core of the problem where something can actually be done. I'm always supportive of a factual, respectful debate on something's strengths and weaknesses and how it can be improved, but most of the time anything useful gets lost in blind praise and hate.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:39 pm

http://www.dorkly.com/post/64641/the-true-purpose-of-steam-sales
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Robolulz:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:07 am

Lastbait?: https://38.media.tumblr.com/eff84e3d96e0cf1ac67a6284e0708e00/tumblr_n7rfoeOOik1rh9rpao1_400.jpg

From: http://lolo-doodles.tumblr.com/post/89934245963/my-traditional-commission-for-vargras-trot-con
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:18 am

I've started playing with the Civ 5 ponification mod yesterday. Not bad, but it could go deeper in the conversion. So: is there a mod somewhere which changes the units 3d models to something ponified?

Trying to assess balance, but I get the feeling the New Lunar Republic (which I'm playing) may be a bit OP, with its "Tides ever favorable" perk (+2 moves for sea units, +2 food for fishing boats), at least if you were to play it on on an archipelago map. Playing it on continent, we'll how this go.

Also, seems like I can't get "Equestria" (the civ) to function. I'll see in a latrr game. For now it's the NLR and Cadence against Chrysalis and the traitor Trixie. I've put the maximum amount of city-states, on the biggest sized map, with military victory being the only possible one. I'm expecting a big green blob to form pretty quickly. This should be good.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:23 am

Should I attempt LPing that one (with screenshots and a bit of written RP)?

By which I mean, are people interested? The difficulty level is only 3, so there shouldn't be much challenge.

Or, if I manage to get Equestria and Discoland to function, I can make a 3v3 game, playing as Best Moonbutt.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:32 am

I don't think there is a mod that "ponifies" 3D models. I remember looking for some when I played Civ to no avail. 

Celestia's "Equestria" Civ would probably be the most OP. At least with the first DLC I'm not sure how it is with the new one. All that happiness makes expansion a breeze. Like communism except nobody rebels anymore.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 am

It's too bad that mods don't work for multiplayer. Bunch of us have the game, just not the time to play out a full session. Pretty sure between Obs, Tyler and I we have like half a dozen saved sessions.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:58 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Robolulz:
Pffffffffffffffffttttt wat. Chicken 

Lastbait:
http://rariedash.deviantart.com/art/Queen-Chrysalis-A-light-in-the-Darkness-463357859

Swickedbait:
http://kalemon.deviantart.com/art/Crystal-Trixie-463221331
http://zoevulpez.deviantart.com/art/A-little-wizard-463197941
http://mblood.deviantart.com/art/Solar-Flare-463402897
http://tlatophat.deviantart.com/art/She-s-like-Fire-417426737

Harmonybait:
http://rue-willings.deviantart.com/art/Beautiful-Morning-463271436
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:00 am

It looks nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next