Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
brony all alone
iLateralGX
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
StoneSlinger88
Cptadder
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ironmonger
Valikdu
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Frost
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
22 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kattlarv Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Why reading PH
'Cos it's a good story that I enjoy reading. It's not a normal one, though, so it's got some quirks (due to the extreme length and some other decisions that were made, subconsciously or otherwise, that turned it in the direction of a serialized novel) that some people can't handle (such as a revolving cast between arcs, a nigh-monolithic pace, and the extreme length). It's also, uh, definitely a story for people who can appreciate the aesthetics of things like American Psycho (the book) - both in terms of the subject matter, and in terms of being able to wait a long, long time to see where something's going. This is not popular in an age of instant gratification and pop criticism. That's my take, leastways.
Okies. Honestly first praise I hear about it for a couple months now tbh. Just been evasions up till now. Or "how it's bearable if you ignore x". (And don't forget the severe repetition, contradicting of itself and retarded plot convenience solutions, and the moderate amount of cardboard boxes) And well, to what I've noticed, those that still read it, more has a mix of being able to appreciate an aesthetic, and forgive or look past a SHITTON of "errors" and contradictions. So I guess it would lean more towards those interested to see where the heck it's going. Bit of that whole "trainwreck" situation heh. (on a side note, could prolly handle the revolving cast if it wasn't for that in many cases, they're just replaced with characters with the same name and appearance, with no prior explanation where the heck the earlier ones went.)

@Download: Pretty much another confirmation it's more or less a "gotta get to the..." story :P And well... I blame that on A LOT of conclusions being pulled out of an ass xD Along with the forced "you see it like this" moments. (like when the groups pacifist convinced them to let a child die, then got a boner from it and wanted to bang. Or when the... I think it was third or forth main char found out char x had been raping, abusing and caused the believed death of char y's child, and was feeling sad because he got caught, said main char goes all "Er mer gurd! They have feelings! They are best pony. Everyone has to love this guy now! He also has a huge dick!". Or with reasoning's similar to "I hate cheese, therefor a rocket powered cabbage must have slept with this couch. Therefore, we all have to forgive that guy for being a selfish douchebag that exploited others, because I have three knee's."  Trailing off here xD But yeah, one has to be very open with that this series doesn't take itself seriously, along with being able to just ignore ALL the plot conveniences xP Like, "Hey, didn't you die? I saw you get disintegrated! - No, that was my robot clone android alien cyborg from three days before the future. I have two penises now!"

Man, trailing off here xD And what original do you refer to if I might ask? (You mean FoE?) And eh... I kinda like the characters, but wasn't a fan of them constantly being replaced, revamped or plot-coned. I am a too much a fan of character progression and development to enjoy a inconsistent cast, and irrelevant story moments. Anyhow, thanks for the feedback. Not entirely sure which judgements you refer to, (like, expect it to be consistent and/or make sense?) but ok.

@Stone: Yeah, as said: I've heard a lot say that they just ignore or pretend x doesn't exist and whatnot in order to read it without being bothered by all errors or continuity issues they find. As for draft, you mean the entire story or? As Somber do have an army of proofreaders yanno xD (... one of which whom seems to have a very, very odd sense of humour, apparently shared with Somber as they were the only one to even like AND push for a (pathetic excuse of a) running gag only they found funny.)

For mass effect, currently going a mainly paragon run. Did a few mistakes story wise, but eh.

@PH: Still... I can't really pinpoint why so many have told me I write better than Somber... they do lots of stuff better than me to what I recall... is it that I actually have consistent characters+development for said characters? Or that things don't contradict each other, have a logical worldbuilding and don't almost solely rely on plot convenience? Or... wait, could it just be mine contain contents of sexual nature? ... actually, that wouldn't be impossible. I know sex sells, but if that'd honestly be the "big deal", I do have to say I'd be disappointed... since there's more differences than that mine contains sexual themes.

@EP: News everyone! The local water supply in my area might have been poisoned/contaminated. Just the day I decided to get mix juice instead of preblended. Yay. So if it was toxic, I'm fucked anyhow xP

And stuff wise; I've soon beat pokemon y... honestly didn't think I'd ever fully finish a pokemon game xP
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:46 am

iLateralGX wrote:Celestia's "Equestria" Civ would probably be the most OP. At least with the first DLC I'm not sure how it is with the new one. All that happiness makes expansion a breeze. Like communism except nobody rebels anymore.
Yeah, saw that after posting. Went to check that civ's perk. Definitely OP. Well, at least it is counteracted somewhat by a higher cost to maintaining units, but given how much happiness that civ produce it's trivial to gain money if you boost food production.

This almost make me want to start modding. Already got an objective in mind: modding in the FoE setting Hinds, Mel' and myself have been working on. Though it's going to be a bit hard to work in balance between factions if I'm ever to do it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:55 am

Sometimes I'm glad I have an artesian well. City water always tastes like chemicals to start with.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Katt this might take up more of the chat thread than people are comfortable with considering the topic. Mind if we take this to PM's? I have questions.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:57 pm

@Stone
That's probably cause 'city water' is cleaned with bleach and other stuff?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:12 pm

It is, but there's still enough in it to taste if you're not used to it.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:21 pm

Re Civ 5: Well, shit, the savegame is corrupted apparently. Crashes the game on the loading screen.

I'll be trying to launch a new game, and if the savegame crashes again, well... So much for ponified Civ 5.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Yeah, it crashed again. Fuck that noise, then.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:Celestia's "Equestria" Civ would probably be the most OP. At least with the first DLC I'm not sure how it is with the new one. All that happiness makes expansion a breeze. Like communism except nobody rebels anymore.
Yeah, saw that after posting. Went to check that civ's perk. Definitely OP. Well, at least it is counteracted somewhat by a higher cost to maintaining units, but given how much happiness that civ produce it's trivial to gain money if you boost food production.

This almost make me want to start modding. Already got an objective in mind: modding in the FoE setting Hinds, Mel' and myself have been working on. Though it's going to be a bit hard to work in balance between factions if I'm ever to do it.
I imagine Civ modding wouldn't actually be that hard. Don't have to work with modeling or anything like that. Just pictures and as you said balancing. 

That would be the bare minimum though. If you wanted to make it lore accurate and actually witty it might take some thinking. :P
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Started playing fire emblem again. I'm worried that throughout the story I've lost too many of my guys to be successful now.

And I take issue with something that happened in the game. Fire Emblem is a strategy RPG that features perma-death that's not what I take issue with. That's fine by me it gives me a huge amount of incentive to carefully plan. What I take issue with is my very good archer died but he didn't.

Lemme explain. I messed up and my archer died, but he didn't die in the story he still is very much alive it's just I'm not allowed to use him in battles anymore. The problem I'm having now is that I don't really see the justification for me getting a game over when the main character dies. They were fine with allowing this guy to live even though he died in battle for what I assume is story purposes.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:34 pm

In other unimportant news today, new life has been breathed into my Wii as I got a Netflix account and have connected it to the upstairs TV for my parents to use.

Joy has been had in the Robo Kingdom.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:57 pm

RoboRed wrote:In other unimportant news today, new life has been breathed into my Wii as I got a Netflix account and have connected it to the upstairs TV for my parents to use.

Joy has been had in the Robo Kingdom.
And the peasants did rejoy
Yay
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:56 pm

I think I've made the rebels too powerful.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Find it a little funny that in the game I'm playing one of the characters that is obviously a woman disguised as a man is able to fool the party. But another character who has masculine features and very heavy armor the group is easily able to identify as a woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:44 pm

I've got a bit of an announcement.

Late this Saturday I'll be going on vacation with my dad and brother. We're heading for London with a stopover in New York. I'll be gone for a little over a week. I haven't got a clue if I'll be able to stay in contact.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:16 am

That sounds like fun. Don't worry, we'll miss you while you're gone. Applebloom 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 am

Have fun ty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:19 am

Thanks guys!
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:46 am

*sigh*
No one ever goes to Ukraine...not that I blame them though :D

Have fun, Tytan.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:23 am

I hope you enjoy your trip, Ty.

On another note, after however fucking long it has been, I finally get to hang out with Frost later today. We're probably gonna have some other friends with us as well, so it's going to be a really insane day.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:21 am

wat...:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:21 am

I -think- this might be a satire.

Probably.

Maybe.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:32 am

With amount of crazy people out there? I think this is a thing.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Satire(?)
O.o
Okay...

@Tytan
Have fun on your trip.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:31 am

@Satire
This was an actual thing in Victorian times, I know that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:38 am

Played more fire emblem. The AI's priorities seem a little silly, I've got this giant guy with massive armor, to say he was a tank with legs isn't really much of an exaggeration. I moved my healer in range of the enemy's attacks and these guys are pretty much like "Is that a little girl with a wand? Fucking kill her!" And they all converge on her giving her no chance of survival. Then the big guy just murders them. They could have killed him if they went after him like that instead of the healer but nope.

They seem more programmed to screw you over then survive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:40 am

You know, there's a reason why in TF2 you're supposed to go against the medic first and the Heavy second. I guess the same applies here.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Satire
This was an actual thing in Victorian times, I know that.
Corn Flakes were invented initially to be an anti-masturbatory device.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Fact: 5 in 7 children will be abducted by the Dutch.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next