Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
brony all alone
iLateralGX
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
StoneSlinger88
Cptadder
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ironmonger
Valikdu
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Frost
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
22 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Sent a text to mine. Was thanked for remembering. Explained the thanks should go toward flower shops in the streets, which reminded me Applebloom
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:01 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
So, in a discussion with my cousin, who's trying to gain weight, we had a debate on the diet&&exercise balance. Both are important, but there is a huge bias towards diet, because, as we agreed, you can't outexercise a bad diet. Any of you have any good ideas for someone trying to lose weight? At this point I cut most sodas out, only an energy drink for driving that I do in the early morning.

Four years ago, I ate mostly canned greens (not sure what else to call them), drank nothing but water, and rode about a mile a day on my bike for a whole summer. I dropped thirty or forty pounds by the end of it.

Last edited by Ironmonger on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Helped out for the day, then took to dinner along with family. Was enjoyable.

Afterwards I went to the RP session and got into a SNAFU. Um... yeah. Whoops.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:52 pm

does anyone wants nightstand?:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Some random food for thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-GxoJ_Pcg
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 pm

@Katarn
How big is Luna, and where can I throw money at it?

Re: Diet
Starting a log to approximate caloric intake. Trying very hard to ignore snacky mood, or sate with non-junk-food items.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:47 pm

@Diet
As far as I know, for hydration it's best to minimize regular water and switch to sports drinks like gatorade if you can. Every doctor I've been to recommends drinking it over water for the purpose. It's got some sugar in it and all that good stuff, but you retain more water than when you chug straight water. The other point here being that keeping yourself hydrated will make losing weight easier, or so I've been told.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:57 pm

@SK
Here.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Curse you for bringing my hopes up with the sculpture!

Re: Diet
Don't really see how that's so much more effective, unless you're exercising. Then the reason why is to replace all the salts and other stuff you lose via sweat. And recalling from high school classes, when exercising you lose a high percentage of 'water weight' and a lower percentage of fat weight. Then again I learned you don't actually lose the fat cells when exercising; they just shrink.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:40 pm

Robolulz:

@Swicked

I'll get back to you on that when I'm feeling a bit better.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:30 pm

swicked wrote:My question: how strongly are the themes of your daydreaming affected by your mood? It can be assumed that if you're feeling sexually frustrated that the daydreams are likely to be lurid in nature, but if you are in a good mood, are the daydreams generally constructive? Making things, creating things? Or destroying things? Are they particularly energetic or peaceful?

If you are in a bad mood, are they generally dark? Or are they themed such to try to improve your mood, focusing on fun or entertaining things?

How often do they include real people that you know compared to when the entire cast of the dream is completely fictional?

Heavily influenced by mood yes, but often the opposite occurs. I have very vivid daydreams and sometimes accidently daydreaming about sad things has the effect of really bumming me out (Example: I sometimes start thinking about 'what if my cat died' and it almost brings me to tears, even though in reality he is fine)

After leaving my Apartment a couple weeks ago, I started almost always daydreaming in every free moment I had about what could have been done differently, usually getting the effect of either bumming me out or really pissing me off.

As for real people? I usually daydream about impossible scenarios and the like, so usually if it does involve real people, it's morphed versions of their personalities that better fit the fantasy I'm creating. However, with both the examples above, the ones featuring real people (Or pets, in that case) are more emotionally investing.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:02 pm

This is your brain on drugs Newfoundland on The Long War.

Spoiler:

Scootaloo Twilight

And some of these things (the mod adds multiple subtypes, apparently) have Lightning Reflexes.  Twilight crazy
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:10 pm

[feeling of dread intensify]

Does X-Com use the Unity engine? Kinda look like Shadowrun Returns or Wasteland 2.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Ironmonger wrote:@Diet
As far as I know, for hydration it's best to minimize regular water and switch to sports drinks like gatorade if you can. Every doctor I've been to recommends drinking it over water for the purpose. It's got some sugar in it and all that good stuff, but you retain more water than when you chug straight water. The other point here being that keeping yourself hydrated will make losing weight easier, or so I've been told.

I'd heard that too, but from what I was told drinking a lot of water fills your stomach so you don't get hungry as often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:41 pm

I can confirm that drinking water helps reduce the feeling of hunger.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Valikdu wrote:This is your brain on drugs Newfoundland on The Long War.

Spoiler:

Scootaloo Twilight

And some of these things (the mod adds multiple subtypes, apparently) have Lightning Reflexes.  Twilight crazy

I like that it's in a shipping yard or something. 10/10.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_tCjIR5kw

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:56 pm

http://jalopnik.com/the-painful-truth-about-nasas-warp-drive-spaceship-from-1590330763
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:20 pm

swicked wrote:I realize I might be belaboring a point, but I was wondering if I could ask for further clarification regarding what you guys daydream about.

Previously, a few of you said they are generally based on media you have consumed recently. What ifs and other situations being explored. Hinds said he did the same, but that also frequently pondered designs for various things.

My question: how strongly are the themes of your daydreaming affected by your mood? It can be assumed that if you're feeling sexually frustrated that the daydreams are likely to be lurid in nature, but if you are in a good mood, are the daydreams generally constructive? Making things, creating things? Or destroying things? Are they particularly energetic or peaceful?

If you are in a bad mood, are they generally dark? Or are they themed such to try to improve your mood, focusing on fun or entertaining things?

How often do they include real people that you know compared to when the entire cast of the dream is completely fictional?

I'm not asking this stuff for anything in particular, mind you. I'm not even in a class right now. The themes and concepts of daydreaming, fantasies and mindscapes are currently just very interesting to me and for which my usual dark fantasies seem to be fairly atypical.
...Now that I think about it, I'm not sure.  I don't seem to have much saved data on this.  About the only thing I can think of at the moment is that my head's been playing polyushka polye since watching the video that Last posted above.  I'm not sure why it chose polyushka polye specifically.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Oh, actually, maybe that's something else I ought to mention: I don't know how common this is, but I'll often, sometimes not deliberately, play music in my head, usually bits and pieces of various lengths of things I've heard.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:06 pm

so much want:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Happy Bloomsday!

EDIT: Also happy "if the USA and Ghana were the only countries in the world, then the USA would be the best country at football/soccer in the world!" day!

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Lastbait:
http://cosmicscribbles.deviantart.com/art/Chrysalis-461184938

Swickedbait:
http://surgicalarts.deviantart.com/art/The-Great-and-Tsundere-Trixie-461113685
http://kaciekk.deviantart.com/art/Celestia-461333301
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:56 am

McDonalds, ruining you childhood since forever:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:25 am

swicked wrote:Are you sure that's not just songs getting stuck in your head?
Pretty sure. Though I suppose that it depends on how one defines the two; I do also get songs stuck in my head.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:59 am

just street in poland:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:57 am

Steam Sale Hilarity:
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:01 am

lulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:04 pm

Trixie, the C word:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:08 pm

@swicked
your posts = sort of your property. Why 'sort of'. Yes, you post them on third-party web-service. You can't force (by any means) admin to delete your posts and he can't claim ownership of your posts, unless that stated in forum rules.
What you could do, if you want go all zerk on that - write message to head admin (unless you were talking to head admin) and/or to forum hosting provider support about deleting.
But. With hosting provider (like forumotion here) _most likely_ would ignore you.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next