Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
brony all alone
iLateralGX
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
StoneSlinger88
Cptadder
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ironmonger
Valikdu
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Frost
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
22 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat May 31, 2014 5:14 am

You miss so many rhings when you use Fast Travel (the metro).

Though it would be made better if I had an actual pipboy. Here I just have google maps. It doesn't g8ve me xp when I discover a new location tag.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat May 31, 2014 5:40 am

Found the Jardin du Luxembourg, and thus the Senate. Now heading East.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat May 31, 2014 9:06 am

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 31, 2014 10:22 am

Guys I think I have a problem. As I was channel surfing on this satellite radio I found a channel near the Canadian stuff labeled French Country. Its country music... but in French. And I think I like it.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat May 31, 2014 10:26 am

something like this?:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 31, 2014 10:39 am

Yes. I swear that exact song was just playing as well.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat May 31, 2014 10:45 am

Last wrote:That'll do... Even though despite hearing OVA before I still don't know what that means.
It stands for Original Video Animation, basically a direct-to-video/DVD release. Unlike the american direct-to-video market which is shovelware for the most part, OVA's usually have higher quality animation because the animators don't have as much time pressure than if they were working on regular episodes.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat May 31, 2014 3:35 pm

So, as a conclusion to today's adventure:

Getting purposefuly "lost" in a city is actually a really interesting way to discover it. Not doing it alone would probably be even better...

Anyway, on another topic:

Europa Universalis 4 is SO much better than EU3 it is amazing.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat May 31, 2014 3:36 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Last
Don't quote me on this, but I think it's over. No Gurren Lagann-style second season. Wikipedia talks about a 25th episode OVA, though - dunno what that's about. Coming in September of this year.
Yeah, it's done. Waiting for that OVA though.

Which reminds me, I've been trying to find a new anime to watch. Before KLK, most of my opinions towards the medium were somewhat negative (it didn't help that I grew up with a pair of ridiculous weebs), and I was extremely pleasantly surprised by the series. Any suggestions?
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat May 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Scienza wrote:Which reminds me, I've been trying to find a new anime to watch. Before KLK, most of my opinions towards the medium were somewhat negative (it didn't help that I grew up with a pair of ridiculous weebs), and I was extremely pleasantly surprised by the series. Any suggestions?
Try Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex if you want a philosophy heavy, but not overly preachy cyberpunk show. It's set in the 'police state' style of cyberpunk, but it's centered around an off-the-books police unit trying to do good, so it straddles the line between cyberpunk and post-cyberpunk. It's also has the fewest to basically none of the usual anime cliches of any anime I've watched.

EDIT: First season of Stand Alone Complex

Also: Darker than Black, Black Lagoon, Spice and Wolf are all very good.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat May 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Scienza wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Last
Don't quote me on this, but I think it's over. No Gurren Lagann-style second season. Wikipedia talks about a 25th episode OVA, though - dunno what that's about. Coming in September of this year.
Yeah, it's done. Waiting for that OVA though.

Which reminds me, I've been trying to find a new anime to watch. Before KLK, most of my opinions towards the medium were somewhat negative (it didn't help that I grew up with a pair of ridiculous weebs), and I was extremely pleasantly surprised by the series. Any suggestions?

When recommending Anime I have to say Stein's Gate - its not action-heavy but it more philosophical and emotional great (Also, about time travel!).
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 5:21 pm

stringtheory wrote:Spice and Wolf are all very good.

Don't remember if this one was good, but it was interesting... I think it didn't have that much fighting instead it focused on merchants or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat May 31, 2014 6:28 pm

Last wrote:
stringtheory wrote:Spice and Wolf are all very good.

Don't remember if this one was good, but it was interesting... I think it didn't have that much fighting instead it focused on merchants or something.
Yep, it focuses on medieval economics and also snarky romance.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat May 31, 2014 7:03 pm

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat May 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Spoiler:

This alone makes me want to play League of Legends again.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Spoiler:

Surprised they put him in... If you ever played def jam: fight for ny (That is actually a pretty damn good fighting game.) his fight was bullshit. Utter bullshit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat May 31, 2014 7:28 pm

The question is: is that an actual in-game skin, or a modded, client-side one?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat May 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The question is: is that an actual in-game skin, or a modded, client-side one?

It's modded client-side.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat May 31, 2014 9:08 pm

Katarn wrote:@Katt
Zaeed Massani.
Ah, haven't played ME yet.

(Discord comic) Actually the first decent work I see from them this year.

@EP: Shiny hunting legendaries... so annoying... why did I even start? xD
And holy bacon it's hard to do battle maison super multi battle style. How the fuck are you supposed to get 200 straight wins? xD

Also: *Deadpan* People done trailing off and being 107 % fixated by random shiz?
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 pm

I think you mean 20?

I only tried double battles and they were for the most part pretty easy. I think there wouldn't have been much challenge if the partner AI didn't suck. 

Seriously. I was on the final battle my partner only had enough HP to survive one more turn. He could have won, but then he used a stat raising move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm downloading Darksouls (The first one. It's one of the free games on XBL this month.) I have absolutely no experience with this game and otherwise know nothing about it. Other than the fact everyone seems to love it and it's apparent difficulty.

I get the feeling I'm going to be flailing around with no idea what to do for the next couple hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat May 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Last wrote:I'm downloading Darksouls (The first one. It's one of the free games on XBL this month.) I have absolutely no experience with this game and otherwise know nothing about it. Other than the fact everyone seems to love it and it's apparent difficulty.

I get the feeling I'm going to be flailing around with no idea what to do for the next couple hours.
Welp, here's what little I know about Dark Souls: Move slowly and be observant, don't rush in; death is rarely a setback, you've gained valuable on what the enemies-you've-faced's locations, attack patterns, etc.; Shields are incredibly useful (make sure the one you're using is has 100% resist that way when you block you take no damage); use the tutorial section to learn the basics and don't move on until you can defeat the normal enemies without taking any damage; don't worry about not mastering parrying (I can't do it, though its not like I've gotten very far), the trick from what I've heard is to watch when the enemy's hand moves, not his weapon; if you can lure a single enemy out of a group and fight him one-on-one so much the better; many bosses can be beaten by getting in close and hacking away and dodging away when they try to stomp you; shopkeepers and other NPCs can be killed for loot, use this wisely (for example only kill the first shopkeeper (he has an awesome katana) after you've bought the bottomless box(?) and the repair kit from him); only use items that give you souls right before you use them, souls are lost upon death, unless you can reclaim them on your next life, items are bound to you; only go human if you're trying to kindle bonfires or need to summon help for a fight, the risk of being invaded by some other player (who is almost always better skilled/equipped than you) isn't worth the risk by my standards
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:29 am

That's all good to know. I severely regret the choice of theif now though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:20 am

I tried Payday 2 today, since it's a free weekend and all. Bot matches are not a good idea in a co-op game. Also, it barely runs on my computer. Probably not a buy from me, due to the latter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:38 am

Last wrote:I think you mean 20?

I only tried double battles and they were for the most part pretty easy. I think there wouldn't have been much challenge if the partner AI didn't suck. 

Seriously. I was on the final battle my partner only had enough HP to survive one more turn. He could have won, but then he used a stat raising move.
No, 200. To "win" battle maison, you need 200 straight wins in any of the super formats.

Never got past ~37 as we always end up meeting the team of 4 counters to our entire team.

@EP: Anyone got time over to recommend which site now?
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:54 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I tried Payday 2 today, since it's a free weekend and all. Bot matches are not a good idea in a co-op game. Also, it barely runs on my computer. Probably not a buy from me, due to the latter.
I know this feel. It's why I'm one of like twenty people who still play the original.

It gets so lonely sometimes...

Last edited by Scienza on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:55 am

Last wrote:That's all good to know. I severely regret the choice of theif now though.
welp, hope you're good at dodging. Also, learn to circle around behind enemies to get back stabs for bonus damage.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:06 am

I just made a new character. A hunter. Drawing people in with a bow makes things a lot easier. Definitely better than trying to guess when I'm close enough to aggravate them.

Though I'm kinda crashing into the brick wall that is the difficulty curve. That damn tauros demon is just... I think I'm supposed to drop on his face from the tower thing. But I can only do that once, and then it's a pain in the ass to dodge around him. Probably just suck though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:18 am

It's free on XBL?

Well, I guess I no longer have any excuses not to play it.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:23 am

Last wrote:I just made a new character. A hunter. Drawing people in with a bow makes things a lot easier. Definitely better than trying to guess when I'm close enough to aggravate them.

Though I'm kinda crashing into the brick wall that is the difficulty curve. That damn tauros demon is just... I think I'm supposed to drop on his face from the tower thing. But I can only do that once, and then it's a pain in the ass to dodge around him. Probably just suck though.
Remember, for dark souls there's no shame in looking up stuff on the wiki, also finding exploits is totally valid as well
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next