Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
brony all alone
iLateralGX
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
StoneSlinger88
Cptadder
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ironmonger
Valikdu
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Frost
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
22 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed May 28, 2014 11:36 am

Random topic in attempt to start up discussion: Which League of Legends character do you (and others) most resemble? Hopefully this doesn't end up in flames.

Update: So very quiet around here. Ok then, how about a more discussion-worthy topic. Skimming the threads in both LoL and Warframe, a big question comes up about lore. How important is lore to a game, specifically a multiplayer game?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Wed May 28, 2014 1:05 pm

but it's so adorable:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 1:11 pm

So, I was just joking about that font thing, it wouldn't be a problem if it was dubbed, but they'll pop up in the middle of people's sentences and the sentence will only pop for a second and then is replaced with a translation for the pop up.

@Story For a multiplayer only game? Well it's strange...  I get the feeling a lot of the time multiplayer only guys wouldn't care about story.

Granted this isn't a great example, but when I play halo's multiplayer when I check out the people in a lobby it'll often say "This person has started the game on normal" meaning they never beat it. COD is the same deal, the games I did play a lot of people would have zero acheivements because they were all single player.

And I'd be very surprised if a majority of the WoW players knew what was going on in that game.

I think that people that concern themselves with multiplayer aren't too interested in a story and vice versa. Thought it's nice they add those things in to try and interest people I guess. Ultimately I think it's kinda pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed May 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Anyone else playing Bravely Default? I'm kind of lacking friends to share attacks with, and streetpass is rubbish due to where I live.

@Last
Counterexample. TF2 starts off with absolutely no story whatsoever. Based on a mod for Quake, it grew its own lore by the fandom, and you can see bits and pieces in the comics and even tie ins. For Warframe, they don't really have that much at the moment, but a whole lot of potential. League on the other hand, has a ton of stuff there, just nothing ever done with it. Like there is a little indicator for Vi for each time she ever catches, i.e. kills an opposing Jinx. Cool, but nothing is ever done about it. They used to have the Journal of Justice, as well as League Judgements, but those kinda just got axed and rotted away. They have a lot of cool character ideas, but unless there is lore progression, they turn out as 2d characters, in both senses. While not a majority, there are a lot of story buffs in the multiplayer crowd.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Well to be fair TF2's story is stupid and it embraces the fact that it's stupid. So that might attribute to it's popularity.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed May 28, 2014 1:43 pm

But the biggest thing about the TF2 lore is that it has interactions. Spy reacting to Soldier and Scout shenanigans. The cast reacting to the Soldier's Roommate. That kind of stuff doesn't exist in LoL. Sure we know that Lucian hates Thresh because he has her soul in his lantern, but that never shows up anywhere in the game, neither is there anything related to the grudge between Nasus and Renekton. Closest I can think of is the special quest exclusive to Rengar and Kha'zix. When the players reach level 16, if they manage to kill the other, they actually get a substantial boost to their game. Doesn't have to be that intensive, but it would be nice if we saw, say, interaction between Teemo, Tristana, and Rumble, or having an official story about the Pentakills.

Apologies for those unaware of the LoL lore. Probably looks like a bunch of gibberish.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Last wrote:And I'd be very surprised if a majority of the WoW players knew what was going on in that game.
…Really?  I mean, I can understand not wanting to roleplay, but not even knowing what's going on?
Then again, I was a bit of a lore geek when I was still playing (I started in late BC and stopped in early/mid Cata), and I followed Travels through Azeroth and Outland even after I got bored with the game itself.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 28, 2014 2:09 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Update: So very quiet around here. Ok then, how about a more discussion-worthy topic. Skimming the threads in both LoL and Warframe, a big question comes up about lore. How important is lore to a game, specifically a multiplayer game?
I do love me some lore, so that does really skew my results, since most multiplayer games I play are the MP modes of games I got for their SP. Even Halo has a pretty deep lore that you can pick into.

For pure MP games, lore isn't necessary, but I love when it's there and integrated in some way.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed May 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Lore isn't necessary? I actually beg to differ. While it doesn't impact the player directly on the surface, it is one of the main reasons on replayability of a game. Once you have your chosen complacent build / strategy, what else is there to do in the game? Just drop it? Take DayZ Standalone for example. At the moment, it's not too much to look at. Lacking a whole lot of features from the mod, why is it still very popular? I play it for the story that I build myself. A character that wakes up with nothing, running constantly from zombies, only able to trust a single player communicating by 'radio' (TS/Skype). At the moment we're kinda cheesing it by going on ghost servers at daytime, but when we get more players on (Ketchup, Orange(haven't played with), Ketchup's friend Brett, Scyto, and Me), I'm hoping to try and make it a survival game for us on a populated map. Sure, having a story does nothing for the mechanics of gameplay. It doesn't give me +5 run. But it does make me want to get back to the game after work each day. It's something I believe that Warframe is trying to develop, and League had at one point but lost in the character creation frenzy and hype for eSports.

Huh. So apparently those toe shoes I was tootin' about got into a lawsuit, where they are settling out of court with ~$3.75m in a class action. Accusers are blaming Vibram for false advertisement of health benefits. Defenders are saying that overexertion coming from transition of traditional shoes to minimalist shoes are the cause of most injuries. Both cite lack of evidence going either way. Still like them. Never got them for 'health benefits'. But free money is free money, right?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed May 28, 2014 4:29 pm

@Katt
Zaeed Massani.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 28, 2014 4:30 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Lore isn't necessary? I actually beg to differ. While it doesn't impact the player directly on the surface, it is one of the main reasons on replayability of a game. Once you have your chosen complacent build / strategy, what else is there to do in the game? Just drop it? Take DayZ Standalone for example. At the moment, it's not too much to look at. Lacking a whole lot of features from the mod, why is it still very popular? I play it for the story that I build myself. A character that wakes up with nothing, running constantly from zombies, only able to trust a single player communicating by 'radio' (TS/Skype). At the moment we're kinda cheesing it by going on ghost servers at daytime, but when we get more players on (Ketchup, Orange(haven't played with), Ketchup's friend Brett, Scyto, and Me), I'm hoping to try and make it a survival game for us on a populated map. Sure, having a story does nothing for the mechanics of gameplay. It doesn't give me +5 run. But it does make me want to get back to the game after work each day. It's something I believe that Warframe is trying to develop, and League had at one point but lost in the character creation frenzy and hype for eSports.
Depends on the game. Look at Unreal Tournament, which has only the barest smidge of lore yet is incredibly fun to play. Lore wouldn't be necessary in games where the furthest bearing any lore has is how scary your skeleton playermodel looks. On the other hand, DayZ plays more like a zombie RPG with other people, and so the degree to which you invest in the game's lore and setting directly correlates to how much you get out of it.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed May 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Lulz:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Katarn wrote:@Katt
Zaeed Massani.

I couldn't kill him in my playthrough and that angered me greatly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 pm

@SK Just for the record I didn't mean TF2's lore or story or whatever you wanna call it is bad.(Maybe it is technically I don't know. I don't actually think about it kinda why I called it stupid, It doen't really make me think.) I just finished Saints Row 3 and it was very stupid. And I loved it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed May 28, 2014 5:48 pm

lol:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Does anyone play The wolf Among us? The new episode came out. Unless you play it IOS or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 28, 2014 10:23 pm

I've been meaning to. I love the shit out Fables, so I really want to get around to playing it.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 11:35 pm

It's intriguing. I don't know much about the world but I like meeting the new characters. Even if everyone treats the main character like he's an asshole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 29, 2014 12:02 am

I don't have the game but I know of Fables and been watching others play it.

And Bigby is an asshole. Or at least he was back in the old country. I mean, he's the Big Bad Wolf. And I mean THE big bad wolf. Every story that had a wolf in it, He was that wolf. And most of the time the wolf was evil. Thus, Bigby is an asshole.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu May 29, 2014 12:18 am

Here you have an option to play him as asshole, as (sort of) old Bigby or 'redeemed' (or the one, who tries to) Bigby.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 29, 2014 1:43 am

Swickedbait:
http://digitalcyn.deviantart.com/art/Raise-The-Sun-456979702
http://kplatoony.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Celestia-456999125
http://alasou.deviantart.com/art/Pumpkin-Adventure-456955728

Lastbait:
http://kaliptro2.deviantart.com/art/EVERYONE-HAS-THE-RIGHT-TO-LOVE-457018411
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 3:17 am

RoboRed wrote:Lastbait:
http://kaliptro2.deviantart.com/art/EVERYONE-HAS-THE-RIGHT-TO-LOVE-457018411

"Changeling welfare" was the alternate title.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 3:22 am

Welp, quit on Arrow when the second season didn't seem to be working on what the first screwed up (and everyone's motivations were being redone into absurdity, just so they could have a moment of realization that they're being thick as hell and immediately go back to normal). Started on Kill La Kill, instead, because Gurren Lagann was one of those rare animes I enjoyed. Zero regrets on this front. This is some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time, and it's pretty damn clever sometimes, too. Watching it on Netflix, as I prefer subtitles in foreign stuff anyway. Translations are largely fantastic; some meaning is doubtless lost, but in 14 episodes I've only seen one sentence that was hard to parse. Top quote: "People die when they die from blood loss!" Also, the puns. My god, the puns that they managed to translate are golden.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 29, 2014 5:18 am

Guess where I am right now?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Thu May 29, 2014 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 5:35 am

@Harmony
You've taken a tumble into the non-Euclidean horrorscape that is Broken Image Land? :P I checked the source link, though; enjoying Paris?

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 29, 2014 5:44 am

Do you have any idea how hard it is to post from a phone in these kind of circumstances.

Fixed it.

Taking a lot pictures. May or may not make a thread later.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Do you have any idea how hard it is to post from a phone in these kind of circumstances.

Fixed it.

Yeah it is hard to pay attention in Vegas
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu May 29, 2014 7:53 am

You mean 'pay attention to phone', right?  Spike 
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 29, 2014 8:24 am

Cptadder wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Do you have any idea how hard it is to post from a phone in these kind of circumstances.

Fixed it.

Yeah it is hard to pay attention in Vegas
I will find you

and I will crush you
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu May 29, 2014 8:27 am

@Harmony
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Neeson
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next