Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:14 am

*hugs Somber very gently* I'm very sorry things are still going so badly for you... I wish there were more I could do to help... Please just try to take care of yourself, sir... Also, girlfriends are overrated, you're better off with a Lyra plushie...

It was a good chapter, and even though it was quite sad, I actually managed not to cry until your note at the end...

Initial Thoughts:

As always, I shall try my best to write up a complete commentary as soon as I can... Thank you for all your hard work, Somber, and thank you to Hinds, Bronode, swicked, and Heartshine as well.

*hugs Somber one more time*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Train Dodger Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:36 am

Let's see:

Chapter 66 Comments:
Chapter 66 Proofing:
Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:01 am

So I was rereading FoE and I came across something rather odd. After Littlepip asks about the alien pistol that Homage owns, Homage tells her about zebras view of the sky and what they believe. As she explains, she talks about four specific stars that have malicious intent and I couldn't help but wonder, is the Eater supposed to be one of those stars?
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:35 am

I just want to thank you guys for releasing the chapter so quickly.
Also:
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:29 am

Another fantastic chapter, Somber. Well done.

Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:02 am

the last part:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiled because it's only been a few hours. Probably shouldn't be visiting the discussion thread, before reading. But courtesy and all that.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:54 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:*hugs Somber very gently* I'm very sorry things are still going so badly for you...  I wish there were more I could do to help...  Please just try to take care of yourself, sir...  Also, girlfriends are overrated, you're better off with a Lyra plushie...

It was a good chapter, and even though it was quite sad, I actually managed not to cry until your note at the end...

Initial Thoughts:

As always, I shall try my best to write up a complete commentary as soon as I can...  Thank you for all your hard work, Somber, and thank you to Hinds, Bronode, swicked, and Heartshine as well.

*hugs Somber one more time*
Aye, I think Whisper is probably the only person in this chapter who's having more or less nothing but a good time.

Train Dodger wrote:Let's see:

Chapter 66 Comments:
Chapter 66 Proofing:
Ah, thank you.

Train Dodger wrote:Grammar: part of this sentence is duplicated.
It's amazing how the brain just skips over these things...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Hooray for Steel Rain finally being dead, I hope he never gets brought up again because we've already had too many discussions about how terrible he is.  Otherwise, there's not much in this chapter I wanted to point out that hasn't already been brought up.  The one thing that comes to mind is that the reason Goldenblood's terminal does that thing then opens the portal is explained by the end of the chapter.

I think I had around eight corrections this time around, but all but one have already been mentioned... I'm kinda relieved.  The one correction is a misspelling:
You don't have to serve Cogntium or the Legate,

Edit: I just searched it again to make sure, and there's actually two! Hehe, how wonderful.
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not, but BJ is still missing her mark, isn't she? I'd think she'd have mentioned that- unless it's significant that she didn't.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Dekshuduph wrote:Hooray for Steel Rain finally being dead, I hope he never gets brought up again because we've already had too many discussions about how terrible he is.  Otherwise, there's not much in this chapter I wanted to point out that hasn't already been brought up.  The one thing that comes to mind is that the reason Goldenblood's terminal does that thing then opens the portal is explained by the end of the chapter.

I think I had around eight corrections this time around, but all but one have already been mentioned... I'm kinda relieved.  The one correction is a misspelling:
You don't have to serve Cogntium or the Legate,

Edit:  I just searched it again to make sure, and there's actually two!  Hehe, how wonderful.
Ah, thank you.
…Though it appears that swicked took care of this while I was trying to contact one of my professors.

Vergil wrote:I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not, but BJ is still missing her mark, isn't she? I'd think she'd have mentioned that- unless it's significant that she didn't.
Yes, she is. I don't think that it's significant that she didn't mention it, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:12 pm

I'm not quite sure why people have such visceral hatred of Steel Rain. I thought he was interesting, if a bit lackluster compared to some of the other villains. Personally, I disliked Psycho more, but maybe that's just me.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Scienza wrote:I'm not quite sure why people have such visceral hatred of Steel Rain. I thought he was interesting, if a bit lackluster compared to some of the other villains. Personally, I disliked Psycho more, but maybe that's just me.
Honestly, my most hated villain has been Dawn. Surprising I know, but she's just extremely arrogant, believing that she is the sole savior of the wastes and speaking out against certain actions then doing them a short time later. Arrogance really bugs me...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:25 pm

swicked wrote:...Whisper would have immediately explained the point of the orgy, though. It's the entire reason non-batponies are there.

Spoiler:

Spoilered again. I'll stop tomorrow if the discussion is ongoing.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:19 pm

Spoiler:

@Last: I'm surprised you haven't had head-explodey yet. Trollestia 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Chapter Sixty Six Overall Thoughts:
Editing:
And on to comments!

Last edited by Icy Shake on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:27 pm

RoboRed wrote:@Last: I'm surprised you haven't had head-explodey yet. Trollestia 

Robo...  How 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Kinda surprised you didn't make a joke about how [REDACTED] lacking the speach enchantments was because he has an incredibly unattractive voice or something.

Like Jake and the translator from adventure time.

He did lack them right? I remember him using his chalkboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:57 pm

swicked wrote:
His name is [REDACTED] now? Since when?

Additionally, looks like you're right, he WAS using his chalkboard.
I've no idea why.
The reason he had to previously was because his knight guard helmet, that makes his voice audible, was broken and stuck in royal canterlot voice mode.
You'd think the prince would be able to either get that fixed or get a new one when he got home.

Crap, don't remember that. I thought that was Lion? From FOE?

Anyway he's been [REDACTED] to me for a long time, since he was introduced really. I feel like I have to apologize to Somber here. I'm sure he'll do his best to flesh him out in the next chapter, but I've already written him off.

I call him [REDACTED] because in the end that's still what I hope he is. In context I thought it was pretty easy to tell who I was referring to. I'm sorry if it wasn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:23 pm

Chapter 65 wrote:"I found .22, .357, 5.56, .308, and anti-machine rounds, but not any 12mm, grenades, or flamer fuel tanks"
12.7 mm, not 12 mm... I totally bought the "truncation" excuse last time, but now I'm not so sure Spike  

I read chapter 65 two days ago... I go to find a quote and sure enough another chapter is out...
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
Chapter Sixty Six Overall Thoughts:
Editing:
And on to comments!
I already fixed the SPP issue and mentioned it in my reply to your previous comment. :)

swicked wrote:By the way, Psychoshy's return... I'm just so happy to have her back I can't help but write about it.
I mean, the following isn't really laugh-worthy, but the thoughts behind it still put a smile on my face, so I figure it might be a little amusing to others.
behinds the scenes with best PH pony:
:D

swicked wrote:Additionally, looks like you're right, he WAS using his chalkboard.
I've no idea why.
The reason he had to previously was because his knight guard helmet, that makes his voice audible, was broken and stuck in royal canterlot voice mode.
You'd think the prince would be able to either get that fixed or get a new one when he got home.
We did explicitly mention this in the chapter, you know. Or are you just assuming that Blackjack's humorous guess was wrong and speculating about the real reason?

Rayndalf wrote:
Chapter 65 wrote:"I found .22, .357, 5.56, .308, and anti-machine rounds, but not any 12mm, grenades, or flamer fuel tanks"
12.7 mm, not 12 mm... I totally bought the "truncation" excuse last time, but now I'm not so sure Spike  

I read chapter 65 two days ago... I go to find a quote and sure enough another chapter is out...
Eh, I'll go ahead and fix it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:56 pm

Sorry, Hinds. Didn't know that you meant you hit the whole backlog.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 pm

i still don't believe discord is dead.
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:00 am

Icy Shake wrote:Sorry, Hinds. Didn't know that you meant you hit the whole backlog.
Why are you apologizing to me? I'm sorry that my insufficient clarity wasted some of your time.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanki Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:05 am

Ch66 Insight:

Tanki
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:41 am

Tanki wrote:
Ch66 Insight:
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your stay if you decide to frequent. On your criticism, it isn't going to help if you don't provide some examples. For all we know, it could just be the way you read this particular chapter, or it may be strictly the first part which was narrated by a different character.
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Tanki wrote:
Ch66 Insight:
Sorry...
Welcome to the forum, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Looks like I two more instances of 12/12.7 mm.
Chapter 65 wrote:"dozens of twelve-millimeter semiautomatic weapons tumbled out"
Chapter 65 wrote:"I replied as I loaded up on magazines of twelve millimeter rounds"
12.7 mm rounds were surprising prevalent in this chapter...
If only they were this common in Fallout New Vegas
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Rayndalf wrote:Looks like I two more instances of 12/12.7 mm.
Chapter 65 wrote:"dozens of twelve-millimeter semiautomatic weapons tumbled out"
Chapter 65 wrote:"I replied as I loaded up on magazines of twelve millimeter rounds"
12.7 mm rounds were surprising prevalent in this chapter...
If only they were this common in Fallout New Vegas
Hm... I think that I shall those ones leave, since they're written out.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:56 pm

The dash between twelve and millimeter in the first one and lack of dash in the second is odd though. Even if you leave them written out, I would consider standardizing the dash.
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next