Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:38 am

O. Hinds wrote:Somber has been quite sick and has lost 240 USD in work this month, and, when I asked if there was anything I could do to help, he said "Short of begging for money, I'm not sure."  So I am now here begging for money for Somber.  I'll understand if you don't have anything to give (I don't, after all), but I'm sure that, even if he'd prefer not to ask for it himself, he'd appreciate both the well-wishes the money represents and its ability to buy things like food and medicine.  For those of you who've not donated to Somber before, the usual method is, as I understand it, sending money via PayPal to his email address (which you can find at the bottoms of most chapters).
I'm very sorry to hear he's not doing well... I hope he gets better soon... and that he can make it through with enough money...

*hugs Somber a little*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Evilgidgit Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:00 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Somber has been quite sick and has lost 240 USD in work this month, and, when I asked if there was anything I could do to help, he said "Short of begging for money, I'm not sure."  So I am now here begging for money for Somber.  I'll understand if you don't have anything to give (I don't, after all), but I'm sure that, even if he'd prefer not to ask for it himself, he'd appreciate both the well-wishes the money represents and its ability to buy things like food and medicine.  For those of you who've not donated to Somber before, the usual method is, as I understand it, sending money via PayPal to his email address (which you can find at the bottoms of most chapters).
I'm very sorry to hear he's not doing well...  I hope he gets better soon... and that he can make it through with enough money...

*hugs Somber a little*
Yes, get well soon, Somber.

Jumping back to the Stable confusion - Chapel's Stable is #94 which was the smallest one; and #96 is now where Keeper came from where trading ruled the roost. So what number is the Shadowbolt Tower Stable now?
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:11 am

Evilgidgit wrote:Jumping back to the Stable confusion - Chapel's Stable is #94 which was the smallest one; and #96 is now where Keeper came from where trading ruled the roost. So what number is the Shadowbolt Tower Stable now?
Augh, now I'm confused.
89 was in Flank, packed with chems.
90 was unfinished.
94 was tiny and unfinished.
96 was in Shadowbolt Tower.
99 was BJ's stable.

...yeah, it seems like Finders should be from a previously unvisited stable. Because 96 definitely didn't get overwhelmed by unfriendly locals... perhaps the fix would be to set it back to 95 and change his stated location for that Stable. Maybe it's under Paradise, for example.

Interesting note from chapter 53:
>S, we’ve run interference with Image and Morale again.  Please try to be a little more circumspect, if you can.  The story is that the “material” for Stable 24 is for a satirical, ironic, postmodern performance piece.  P&P are keeping PP occupied with infiltrators in Manehattan; hopefully, she won’t get a twitchy tail on you again.  Give my love to AB.  -E.
...Eclipse was in on this all? Or am I forgetting another E?

Last edited by SilentCarto on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:13 am

@Hinds
What's the timeframe for the donations? Just ASAP?

Re: twins
Maybe both alicorns? Or Dragonequuses? Or Eldrich Abominations?
"Cth'ulu, go clean your room!"
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:28 am

SilentCarto wrote:94 was tiny and unfinished.
I thought 94 had been raided at some point. Didn't Blackjack find records of some old equipment that used to be there on the terminal?
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Camsy Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:28 am

These chapters are starting to get so long, each individual one could be made into a short paperback novel...
Camsy
Camsy
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Camsy
Species: Unicorn

http://www.camsy34.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:41 am

Evilgidgit wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:
I'm very sorry to hear he's not doing well...  I hope he gets better soon... and that he can make it through with enough money...

*hugs Somber a little*
Yes, get well soon, Somber.

Jumping back to the Stable confusion - Chapel's Stable is #94 which was the smallest one; and #96 is now where Keeper came from where trading ruled the roost. So what number is the Shadowbolt Tower Stable now?
...Oh b**********! It wasn't on the wiki. Okay, 95!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Evilgidgit wrote:Jumping back to the Stable confusion - Chapel's Stable is #94 which was the smallest one; and #96 is now where Keeper came from where trading ruled the roost. So what number is the Shadowbolt Tower Stable now?
Augh, now I'm confused.
89 was in Flank, packed with chems.
90 was unfinished.
94 was tiny and unfinished.
96 was in Shadowbolt Tower.
99 was BJ's stable.

...yeah, it seems like Finders should be from a previously unvisited stable. Because 96 definitely didn't get overwhelmed by unfriendly locals... perhaps the fix would be to set it back to 95 and change his stated location for that Stable. Maybe it's under Paradise, for example.

Interesting note from chapter 53:
>S, we’ve run interference with Image and Morale again.  Please try to be a little more circumspect, if you can.  The story is that the “material” for Stable 24 is for a satirical, ironic, postmodern performance piece.  P&P are keeping PP occupied with infiltrators in Manehattan; hopefully, she won’t get a twitchy tail on you again.  Give my love to AB.  -E.
...Eclipse was in on this all? Or am I forgetting another E?
Emerald. I was forgetting her too.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Silver136 wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:94 was tiny and unfinished.
I thought 94 had been raided at some point. Didn't Blackjack find records of some old equipment that used to be there on the terminal?
Yeah, it's a single room with a Stable-Tec data outlet.

“Welcome to Stable 94. The smallest stable in the Wasteland,” Charity said as she stepped through the door. Peeking inside, I immediately saw she was right. This wasn’t a stable entry like in 99. The walls seemed even thicker than usual and opened up into a large space that was maybe twenty feet high, forty feet wide, and sixty feet deep. There weren’t any offshoots or other hallways in here. The entire stable was just this one, singular room.
-Chapter 53

O. Hinds wrote:Emerald. I was forgetting her too.
Ah! Yes. Right. That makes more sense.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 am

::Flops in and groans.::  Well, that's three days lost.  Tried to go into work.  They caught me on the way in, took one look at me, and sent me home.  So yeah... thanks everyone.  You've really come through again when I needed help the most. 

::Passes out.::
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:16 am

Try not to get yourself killed, brah.

Other news: latest blogpost from Kkat: http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/308952/the-cheerilee-orb
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:40 am

Borsuq wrote:what if that mare that Fluttershy arrenged to have her baby (Tarot) be given to Marigold wasn't Twilight, but... somepony else?

I know that it's a bit to unlikely for things to turn out like this practically at the last minute, but hey, I'm just speculating here.
Nah.

Just from a writing/narrative perspective, that would be a terrible twist. We already had a Big Reveal about who BJ's actual ancestor was. Can't go back and change that now without ruining that impact and making it look like the author is just making stuff up (or just pulling Shayamalan twists for no purpose other than having a twist).

Anyway, I see no reason that a door keyed for Twilight's genetic line would open for Luna's. Luna, as princess, has priority access to various government systems, but not to a door Twilight enchanted herself. That's like saying the FBI's phone tapping ability means they know your locker combination. They're two different things.

what is up with Rampage's Phoenix Talisman?
Phoenix Talisman is making the user/wearer regenerate automaticly...
So... seeing from how many things the Talisman protects her from, should it have also "fixed" certain parts of her? And yet, she had a baby...
I don't see why one implies the other. Sterility is not an innate effect of a healing factor. Each story can have its own facts about an imaginary process like that, but there's no reason to think that regeneration is inherently destructive to offspring. After all, normal human healing doesn't destroy gametes. Your body "knows" they're supposed to have a haploid set of genes. Accelerating the healing process doesn't suddenly change that.

The FEV sterility problem was an accidental side effect, not an intended or necessary part of giving supermutants a healing factor; and the Phoenix Talisman isn't FEV. Even IMP isn't FEV. I don't recall if we've ever been told whether or not IMP-Alicorns are genetically compatible with normal ponies, but obviously the Goddess thought creating male alicorns was the only necessary step to a breeding population.

In any case, the Phoenix is magic, and it does only what magic does. That is to say, we don't know the technical background on how or why pony magic works, so we can only understand it by observation. Rampage had a child; therefore the phoenix talisman doesn't destroy gametes or fetuses. QED. We could theorize that it only worked because she avoided physical damage during that period, though. It's virtually guaranteed the Phoenix wouldn't regenerate the baby if Rampage got disintegrated during her pregnancy, and it's not certain whether the fetus could survive Rampage "dying" (via, say, decapitation) and then regenerating.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:41 pm

On the subject of the Phoenix Talisman, what would happen if you surgically removed it without leaving life-threatening wounds? Would Rampage just disintegrate, or revert into a blank, or would a new Rampage just generate from the talisman. More importantly, what would happen if you implanted that talisman into another host?

What if the Legate doesn't have a Phoenix talisman of his own, but instead has Rampage's, which Cogs surgically removed using the advanced medical tech in the Core, and that's what constituted Rampage's deal with Steel Rain?
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Scienza wrote:On the subject of the Phoenix Talisman, what would happen if you surgically removed it without leaving life-threatening wounds? Would Rampage just disintegrate, or revert into a blank, or would a new Rampage just generate from the talisman. More importantly, what would happen if you implanted that talisman into another host?

Well, I believe the part at from 4:28 to 5:00 would happen:
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:57 pm

swicked wrote:
Scienza wrote:More importantly, what would happen if you implanted that talisman into another host?
Isn't that what happened with Twist? Shujuya (or whatever) ripped hers out and shoved it in Twist?
But that was under battlefield circumstances, where the process of removing the talisman combined with the wounds Shujaa had received would cause her to expire without the talisman. What would happen if you did it in a surgical setting, like say, in one of the medical research centers or hospitals which undoubtedly resides in the Core, and in such a way that the previous host's body could survive.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:05 pm

::Flops:: I give up...

So... I've been trying to file my taxes all week.  The 200 would have been really nice right now, you know?  Turbotax kept sending them in, and the IRS kept rejecting them.  So finally I sat around for almost an hour before someone helped me.   An hour later "Oh!  It appears someone has filed under that SSN!"

Yup.  So.  On top of a raging respiratory infection, an almost depleted bank account, AND a huge wad of student work that's "disappeared" from my classroom... I also have to go into the IRS and SS offices and clear up some identity theft.  OH!  And I have no idea how they got my number...

So at this point, I'm wondering what's next?  I find out my pnumonia is lung cancer, or a girlfriend from 10 years ago tracks me down with my kids in tow...  can't wait to find out....

::Flops face down.::
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:09 pm

RoboRed wrote:Try not to get yourself killed, brah.

Other news: latest blogpost from Kkat: http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/308952/the-cheerilee-orb
Uh-oh. I'm guessing in Kkat's headcanon, Cheerilee may have been a victim of the Littlehorn massacre.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Somber wrote:::Flops:: I give up...

So... I've been trying to file my taxes all week.  The 200 would have been really nice right now, you know?  Turbotax kept sending them in, and the IRS kept rejecting them.  So finally I sat around for almost an hour before someone helped me.   An hour later "Oh!  It appears someone has filed under that SSN!"

Yup.  So.  On top of a raging respiratory infection, an almost depleted bank account, AND a huge wad of student work that's "disappeared" from my classroom... I also have to go into the IRS and SS offices and clear up some identity theft.  OH!  And I have no idea how they got my number...

So at this point, I'm wondering what's next?  I find out my pnumonia is lung cancer, or a girlfriend from 10 years ago tracks me down with my kids in tow...  can't wait to find out....

Take care of yourself man. For every Black, there's always a Birthday.

That may be one of the corniest things I've ever said.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Somber wrote:::Flops:: I give up...

Oh no... Good luck. If there's anything we can do, let us know.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Somber wrote:::Flops face down.::
I'm very sorry things are getting worse, sir... I wish I could do more to help... *hugs very gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:38 pm

I hope things work out for you soon, Somber. You are too good and nice of a person to be going through trials like this.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:05 pm

First tiny bit of good news.  Went in to another clinic and got some real antibiotics for a change.  Hopefully it will actually knock some of these bugs out of my system.  I also have all the paperwork I need to clear up the identity mess on monday and they shouldn't hold it against me.

Also, got a Rarity Beanie baby while I was at the pharmacy.  Saw it and just went "Mine!" so now I have some fabluosity in my life.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Revan Seiei Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Good to hear Somber, hope things keep going your way.
Revan Seiei
Revan Seiei
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Revan
Species: Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Aye. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:31 am

Somber wrote:I also have to go into the IRS and SS offices and clear up some identity theft.  OH!  And I have no idea how they got my number...
...can I get someone else to pay my taxes, too?

Seriously, though, unless you see additional evidence of malicious identity theft, I wouldn't invest too much worry in this. Someone probably just mistyped their own SSN as yours. Hanlon's Razor and all that.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Somber wrote:First tiny bit of good news.  Went in to another clinic and got some real antibiotics for a change.  Hopefully it will actually knock some of these bugs out of my system.  I also have all the paperwork I need to clear up the identity mess on monday and they shouldn't hold it against me.

Good luck with that. Filing taxes is hard enough without the report bumping. I completely feel your pain.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:59 am

Oh, Somber, I hope you start feeling better and that the taxes work out and that the SSN thing doesn't go any further. Those are two things nobody needs, let alone coming at the same time.

Moving on to happier matters, I'll just say that until today the high point of my week probably involved a grammar discussion in which I thought about and retaught myself indirect objects for the first time in years, and that was blown away by reading Lucidity today. So thank you.

Chapter Forty Three Running Thoughts:
Chapter Forty Three Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Forty Three Editing:

Hope for next week: having the time to keep up with the forum in real time!
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:28 am

Somber wrote:Also, got a Rarity Beanie baby while I was at the pharmacy.  Saw it and just went "Mine!" so now I have some fabluosity in my life.
 shame it wasn't a bobble head. it sounds like you could use the +1 luck from getting them all.

best of luck to you Somber.
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:46 am

btw Project Horizons needs a radio play. who agrees?
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:49 am

neoaustin wrote:btw Project Horizons needs a radio play. who agrees?
Yes. I cannot convey in those three letters how much yes.

Similarly, I could die happy if Scorch Mechanic did an audiobook version.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next