Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Borsuq Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:34 am

Since the last few comments of mine were centered around my complains regarding a certain character I don't like, and whining about two that I no longer like, I figure it's time I will write something productive. As such, I present to you a silly suspicion that came to me, and a question regarding one of Project Horizons' more important objects.

So... recently, I had a crazy thought (and by that, I mean literally today): what if that mare that Fluttershy arrenged to have her baby (Tarot) be given to Marigold wasn't Twilight, but... somepony else?

I know that it's a bit to unlikely for things to turn out like this practically at the last minute, but hey, I'm just speculating here.

Oh, and yeah, as for who Tarot's biological mom was... you all know who I mean, right?

On to the other matter... what is up with Rampage? Well, let me be more precise - what is up with Rampage's Phoenix Talisman?

Let me explain: you see, due to my increased interest in Fallout over the last few months (for unexplained reason;p), I played both Fallout and Fallout 2, and... when I was in that military base in Glow, where they actually created the FEV virus (Fallout's counterpart of IMP), the computer there says that it's main function is "regeneration", that it fixes the broken cells. And because the gonads have half of the genetic materials, as they need to join with the ones of the opposite sex to make a baby, the FEV virus sees them as 'broken', so it repairs them... resulting with the subject becoming sterile.

Phoenix Talisman is making the user/wearer regenerate automaticly. Rampage's wounds, even the most grevious, heal in a matter of seconds, that is the most obvious effect. But she also cannot get drunk, or addicted at all (Logan's Loophole), and according to my memory she cannot catch a cold or anything, either. So... seeing from how many things the Talisman protects her from, should it have also "fixed" certain parts of her? And yet, she had a baby...

You know, that whole thing with "repearing the broken cells" actually explains why Wolverine from X-men never had kids...
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:43 pm

swicked wrote:
Scienza wrote:
It doesn't necessarily take overwriting to make a universe feel wrong. Imagine you had a device which allowed you to jump universes. When you did so, you found yourself in a world where the pacifistic society in which you lived is now locked in a brutal war of attrition. All the people you knew are now the untouchable heads of a new government with powers far beyond the stipulations of laws or ethics. Oh, and Goldenblood is having sex with your roommate. And then you get sealed in a silver suit and have your intestines liquified for two centuries. That's going to elicit a feeling of wrongness no matter how you slice it.

Still, to each to his own, I guess.
Oooooooh, I understand the confusion, now!
You don't think this is the native Discord. That this is the Discord of the fallout equestria universe. Since he came from vanilla mlp he would know what the world was supposed to look like without meta knowledge.
What are you proposing happened to fallout equestria's Discord, then? And what did FIM's end up here?
Aye. This is where my headcanon gets weird, but based off of trying to explain his meta-ness, I believe that all the Discords from the various continuities are all manifestations of Discord, the metaphysical embodiment of entropy. It's kinda like sticking your hands in two different glasses of water. They're both still part of you, and you can feel them, but you can't make them touch each other.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Huh, now that I think about it, unless Cog!Jack has some sort of constant supply of gems she's going to shut down in Blackjack's body even with normal operations, that and she's much more vulnerable to spark grenades. Just hope Blackjack's kid makes it out of this scenario ok.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Borsuq wrote:So... recently, I had a crazy thought (and by that, I mean literally today): what if that mare that Fluttershy arrenged to have her baby (Tarot) be given to Marigold wasn't Twilight, but... somepony else?

I know that it's a bit to unlikely for things to turn out like this practically at the last minute, but hey, I'm just speculating here.
Well unless she ends up being the child of the Vanity-Rarity pairing, I can't really see it happening. Plus, BJ was able to open Twilight's study in Tenpony, a door coded for TS's descendants. So it seems highly unlikely to me.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Silver136 wrote:
Borsuq wrote:So... recently, I had a crazy thought (and by that, I mean literally today): what if that mare that Fluttershy arrenged to have her baby (Tarot) be given to Marigold wasn't Twilight, but... somepony else?

Well unless she ends up being the child of the Vanity-Rarity pairing, I can't really see it happening. Plus, BJ was able to open Twilight's study in Tenpony, a door coded for TS's descendants. So it seems highly unlikely to me.
Well... I thought that maybe she was a descendant of a pony who had the authority to go anywhere she pleased... Guess who?
 Luna
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Lulu and Goldie? Nah, I think Blackjack's got more in common with Twi than Lulu. Nervous mental breakdowns for one.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:35 pm

It's already been confirmed that Blackjack is a descendant of Twilight and Big Macintosh, which in turn also makes her related to Applejack, Apple Bloom, Shining Armour, Cadance, Celestia, Luna, possibly Littlepip, Vanity and...holy hell, Goldenblood...and possibly Psychoshy and Fluttershy!

On a side note, I need a little help memorising the Stables in Hoofington. I think I got most of them:
-#89 - The bar Stable in Flankfurt.
-#90 - The one that failed in less than a month.
-#94 - Chapel's Stable.
-#95 (?) - The trading one where Keeper comes from.
-#96 - Shadowbolt Tower.
-#99 - Blackjack's Stable.

Last edited by Evilgidgit on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Wait, what? When did this turn into the Westeros Family tree? When did AJ and AB make it into the tree?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:45 pm

AJ and AB are Big Mac's siblings. I'm basing this mostly if Twilight and Big Macintosh had gotten married.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by MSCA Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:It's already been confirmed that Blackjack is a descendant of Twilight and Big Macintosh, which in turn also makes her related to Applejack, Apple Bloom, Shining Armour, Cadance, Celestia, Luna, possibly Littlepip, Vanity and...holy hell, Goldenblood...and possibly Psychoshy and Fluttershy!

And thanks to season 4, Pinkie Pie!  Though obviously Somber didn't plan on that.

OR DID HE

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 XFvSKGl
MSCA
MSCA
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Oh, yeah!

Dancing PinkiePie
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:10 pm

And if we wanted to throw more into this fruit salad of a family with possible marriages, Rarity and Sweetie Belle come in via Vanity, which also includes Velvet Remedy, so five of six ain't that bad.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:18 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:And if we wanted to throw more into this fruit salad of a family with possible marriages, Rarity and Sweetie Belle come in via Vanity, which also includes Velvet Remedy, so five of six ain't that bad.
Velvet's already in there, since both she and Littlepip have Apple blood.

This isn't even delving into how, given the specific layout of Stable 99's breeding program, there's a pretty high chance that Blackjack shares a common ancestor with P-21 and Scotch within a few generations.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Scienza wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:And if we wanted to throw more into this fruit salad of a family with possible marriages, Rarity and Sweetie Belle come in via Vanity, which also includes Velvet Remedy, so five of six ain't that bad.
Velvet's already in there, since both she and Littlepip have Apple blood.

This isn't even delving into how, given the specific layout of Stable 99's breeding program, there's a pretty high chance that Blackjack shares a common ancestor with P-21 and Scotch within a few generations.
I used to suspect that Blackjack and P-21 might be siblings, or at least half-siblings, but with the pregnancy I kinda stopped thikning about that... no offense to Stygius, but I hope it's P's.
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:54 pm

@Scienza
Probably, but at this point aside from Mac, I really don't think the other males ever matter. I mean look at Blackjack's list of family from Tarot to herself. All mares.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:22 pm

So hold on to that family thought, and now pour the whole multiverse theory over it.

Ugh my head hurts. Scootaloo
Shady
Shady
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Well, I don't have anything to say on the family discussion because I've never really thought much about genealogy, but there was a post earlier about confirmation on stable numbers...
Evilgidgit wrote:-#94 - Chapel's Stable.
-#95 (?) - The trading one where Keeper comes from.

IIRC I once tried looking in the wiki to see what Keeper's stable was, but it didn't have any information.  I found the appropriate chapter discussing it, and apparently Keeper came from 94.  I edited the wiki accordingly.

The way I believe this worked is that we had a low-budget, one-room stable with little equipment provided.  In an environment like this, the ponies are bound to become greedy, leading to chaos and in turn a government based on money (Stable-Tec probably set it up this way).  Keeper and 12 others were kicked out before something happened to the rest of the stable dwellers there.  Sometime in the future either Charity was able to buy it off of the last Overmare, or Charity was the last Overmare, so she set up shop and Chapel became populated with foals doing business with her.
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:06 pm

...Um... Hm...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:09 pm

...Yeaaaah, I'm pretty sure that that's not supposed to be there. Among other things, the chapter more or less says that Keepers's stable was on the other side of the river from Chapel.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Okay, emergency patch implemented; Keeper is now from 96. I shall send an email to Somber. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:32 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Okay, emergency patch implemented; Keeper is now from 96.  I shall send an email to Somber.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
You're welcome?  I didn't really care all that much, it's just something I noticed.  Glad to be a bearer of such important news to make you triple post about it.
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:50 pm

prediction on the foal:

Spoiled it because I think you guys might take it a bit more negatively then it was intended. I don't mean it to be anymore negative then someone saying "There's a river ahead" in response to a patch of wet ground.

Not because I think it's accurate enough that it possibly is a spoiler. Far as I know the wet patch could be because someone dropped their canteen.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:16 pm

Okay, I have a reply from Somber: the change is good.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Borsuq wrote:So... seeing from how many things the Talisman protects her from, should it have also "fixed" certain parts of her? And yet, she had a baby...
Well, since the Phoenix is based on a standard healing talisman, you should be asking the same of all unicorn healing spells. I guess magic is smarter than a genetically-engineered virus.

swicked wrote:Quick correction: males exposed to FEV are not rendered sterile,  only females are.
As I understand it, the FEV quadruple-helix prevents meiosis from working at all, no matter which gamete was supposed to be formed. I assume you got this from the Vault Dweller's suggestion for the Master to ask the female mutants about their sterility; I believe that means that the Master was correct when he objected that the FEV doesn't destroy the reproductive organs. All the "plumbing" still works, so they wouldn't report any problems there, and the males would continue to produce seemingly viable sperm, so microscopic observation would indicate everything was fine. The problem would only manifest when the females failed to get pregnant because the DNA is incapable of recombining.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Huh, now that I think about it, unless Cog!Jack has some sort of constant supply of gems she's going to shut down in Blackjack's body even with normal operations, that and she's much more vulnerable to spark grenades. Just hope Blackjack's kid makes it out of this scenario ok.
Unlike BJ, she has the option of plugging in to recharge.

Evilgidgit wrote:It's already been confirmed that Blackjack is a descendant of Twilight and Big Macintosh, which in turn also makes her related to Applejack, Apple Bloom, Shining Armour, Cadance, Celestia, Luna, possibly Littlepip, Vanity and...holy hell, Goldenblood...and possibly Psychoshy and Fluttershy!
Well... if you count in-laws, I guess you can get away with Cadence. I don't see how you made the jump to the royal family, though. Celestia, Luna, Vanity (via Blueblood), Goldenblood, Fluttershy, and Whisper are all related at least by marriage, but Cadence isn't related to Celestia and Luna except by shared princesshood.

You can, however, add Silver Stripe to that list. Her mother was Twilight's aunt, if I remember correctly.

Vanity and Rarity were never married. No in-law connection allowed. You might be able to sneak Rarity in via AJ's and Sweetie's descendants in Vault 2, though.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Somber has been quite sick and has lost 240 USD in work this month, and, when I asked if there was anything I could do to help, he said "Short of begging for money, I'm not sure."  So I am now here begging for money for Somber.  I'll understand if you don't have anything to give (I don't, after all), but I'm sure that, even if he'd prefer not to ask for it himself, he'd appreciate both the well-wishes the money represents and its ability to buy things like food and medicine.  For those of you who've not donated to Somber before, the usual method is, as I understand it, sending money via PayPal to his email address (which you can find at the bottoms of most chapters).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Last wrote:
prediction on the foal:

Spoiled it because I think you guys might take it a bit more negatively then it was intended. I don't mean it to be anymore negative then someone saying "There's a river ahead" in response to a patch of wet ground.

Not because I think it's accurate enough that it possibly is a spoiler. Far as I know the wet patch could be because someone dropped their canteen.
since I guess we're spoiling this now:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:44 pm

@Scienza
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Scienza wrote:Yeah, I'm kinda with you in that the foal is probably going to end up stillborn. I mean, if nothing else, Blackjack's enervated the shit out of herself in the chapters since conception and enervation as a direct cause of stillbirth has been confirmed since way back in 15.
In ch. 64, Glass confirmed that the foal(s) were fine. That was after 3 months in the Core plus direct exposure to the Tokomare (and the Eater's mental attack).

Then there was a flash, and I landed on the far side of the gap with a clatter of metal wings. The golden world was gone, but I could hear that voice, once more reduced to a whisper. “I CAN GIVE YOU ALL YOU DESIRE! FREE ME, LIBERATOR! GIVE ME LIFE! I WANT TO LIVE!
Sprawled on my side, I curled up in as tight a ball. Give me something, I thought. A flutter. A tickle. Something! If it did, a small part of me swore to leave this place and never come back. I’d live on the moon if it meant my child survived. I heard Rampage saying something, Boo too. I ignored them as I waited for some fluttering sensation within.
Please...
Please...
Then I felt it, the tiniest flutter of movement within. Then again. I let out a sob of relief and relaxed on the cold, wet asphalt.

And shortly afterwards, in the Ministry of Image...

I looked around at the motes swirling around me. They were like the glowy interiors of memory orbs. As they drew near my horn, I pulled back. “Please! Please don’t. I think I know what you are, and I don’t want to see how you died. I’m... I’m really... really sick of horrible things.”
Some of them pulled back a little. Others seemed more interested in my belly. Could they sense it? “Can you tell me if my baby’s okay? I was in that Enervation, and...” One of the motes swept into my belly, and I felt a warm glow and fluttering. “Okay... that’s odd...” I gasped. The mote reappeared out my back and bounced up and down in front of me. “That means yes?” More bobbing. I felt more relief than I had in ages from a simple floating light.

I see no reason to think they'd be harmed by further enervation in the meantime.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:34 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Then I felt it, the tiniest flutter of movement within.  Then again.  I let out a sob of relief and relaxed on the cold, wet asphalt.

It's clear Somber put that in there to let the reader know that the foal was okay, but what does BJ know? She's witnessed a Robot spontaneously develop sentience after stepping into Flux. She's not exactly an experienced mother. Could she tell a healthy flutter from a "my foal has burt into a blossom of tentacle penises" flutter?

SilentCarto wrote:And shortly afterwards, in the Ministry of Image...

I looked around at the motes swirling around me.  They were like the glowy interiors of memory orbs.  As they drew near my horn, I pulled back.  “Please!  Please don’t.  I think I know what you are, and I don’t want to see how you died.  I’m... I’m really... really sick of horrible things.”
Some of them pulled back a little.  Others seemed more interested in my belly.  Could they sense it?  “Can you tell me if my baby’s okay?  I was in that Enervation, and...”  One of the motes swept into my belly, and I felt a warm glow and fluttering.  “Okay... that’s odd...” I gasped.  The mote reappeared out my back and bounced up and down in front of me.  “That means yes?”  More bobbing.  I felt more relief than I had in ages from a simple floating light.

I see no reason to think they'd be harmed by further enervation in the meantime.

That seems to be  lot of trust in this random soul knowing what a healthy fetus looks like. Maybe if it had been a MOP soul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:59 pm

swicked wrote:No idea what their eventual fate will be, though. I just know what I'm rooting for.

Would you mind sharing? I'm very curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next