Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Sun May 25, 2014 10:41 am

Last wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:(Potentially four, if P-21 and Glory's daughter turns out gay too.)
Wait a minute. What? I think you're getting ahead of yourself.
Where did you think a half-sister for P-21 and BJ's child was going to come from? I did stipulate leaving the fetus in stasis for 20-some years.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Sun May 25, 2014 10:49 am

Last wrote:I've actually been thinking about this. That tree, when we saw it, was endlessly spewing blanks, could you imagine how crazy things would get if the blanks could reproduce? I think they were intentionally designed that way.
That doesn't make sense. Blanks are not an intended output of the system. They're what happened when Sanguine cycled the system without having its critical Project Chimera parts unlocked. The intention was to build transplant organs and even entire replacement bodies for those who'd been too badly injured to survive otherwise. As I said some time ago, it would be a pretty poor replacement if such a critical function were disabled.

Granted, being rendered sterile is better than death, but... well, it's all just hormones and meat. I don't see why a replacement body should be incapable of reproducing if it can successfully carry out other hormone-related functions like digestion, sugar uptake and release, or feeling pleasure and fear responses.

Anyway, you're assuming that blanks, who have so little volition they don't even know to seek food when they're hungry, would be capable of something as complex as obeying sexual urges.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 12:43 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Last wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:(Potentially four, if P-21 and Glory's daughter turns out gay too.)
Wait a minute. What? I think you're getting ahead of yourself.
Where did you think a half-sister for P-21 and BJ's child was going to come from? I did stipulate leaving the fetus in stasis for 20-some years.

But that doesn't make any sense. While psychoshy and BJ clearly don't believe in it, artificial insemination is a thing. A simple thing in fact. It only requires a syringe. P-21 is sub-par donor at best, he has a history of drug abuse and very possibly slightly in-bred. Unless you're suggesting Glory have a child just to save BJ's. Which honestly if I was that daughter I would say "fuck you" to both my mothers.

Besides I wouldn't think P-21 would even give her donation given his past.

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun May 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Last wrote:Besides I wouldn't think P-21 would even give her donation given his past.
Uh... I know you read the end of Chapter 57, because that's when BJ got pregnant. And also that part where Glory slept with Splendid. Neither P-21 nor Glory would be breaking new ground. Is it really so hard to believe that, once everything got settled down, Glory would be okay with having a kid?

And I distinctly recall calling that "extreme measures".

P.S. Editing:

Last edited by SilentCarto on Sun May 25, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 2:39 pm

But that was only part of the point Silent, offering up your own services is one thing. If Glory said she was willing to offer up her womb to BJ so Glory could have BJ's baby that's fine.

But having a child, and offering them up to BJ is incredibly selfish. Choosing a male that has problems with not only drug abuse, but is again possibly slightly in-bred so your kid can serve this purpose is even more selfish.

And as far as wanting more kids, well doesn't she have two younger siblings to take care of when all is said and done?

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun May 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Last wrote:But having a child, and offering them up to BJ is incredibly selfish.
You say that as if the kid -- by then an adult -- had no say in the matter.

And again, which part of "extreme measures" confuses you? It's a potential solution. That's all. Not a great solution, not one I'm advocating, and it certainly has uncomfortable moral implications, which I thought I implied in the original post. It's just a solution.

Choosing a male that has problems with not only drug abuse, but is again possibly slightly in-bred so your kid can serve this purpose is even more selfish.
I... buh... WHAT?? How about choosing a male that she loves?!

And as far as wanting more kids, well doesn't she have two younger siblings to take care of when all is said and done?
I don't have the slightest idea how to respond to this.  Helping to raise one's school-aged siblings is not even remotely the same as having a child of your own.

But anyway, that sort of implies that Sky Striker can't do the job himself, and he's been handling it for what, ten years now?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun May 25, 2014 3:46 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Choosing a male that has problems with not only drug abuse, but is again possibly slightly in-bred so your kid can serve this purpose is even more selfish.
I... buh... WHAT?? How about choosing a male that she loves?!
That's actually really important, since there doesn't seem to be anything beyond a platonic relationship between Glory and P-21. Sex is one thing, and even that she's only accepted because of Blackjack pressuring her to accept that it's totally not unhealthy for their elation, but when it comes to actual love, Glory seems to be pretty monogamous. 

This also segues into the discomfort I still feel over Blackjack's lack of faith towards Glory. I get that her attitude towards sex is very casual, but Glory's isn't, and Blackjack knows this. She knows that when she touches butts with other ponies, it deeply pained (and probably still pains) Glory, but Blackjack hasn't changed her attitude at all. She can't control her hormones or what she's attracted to, but the fact that she goes googly-eyed over every stallion she comes across kind of cheapens her relationship with Glory and gives the unpleasant impression that, when you get down to it, Blackjack doesn't really care about her nearly as much as Glory cares about BJ. Compare it to Glory's three months of longing and melancholy and you can see why I feel uncomfortable about this.

Last edited by Scienza on Sun May 25, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 25, 2014 3:55 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Last wrote:Besides I wouldn't think P-21 would even give her donation given his past.
Uh... I know you read the end of Chapter 57, because that's when BJ got pregnant. And also that part where Glory slept with Splendid. Neither P-21 nor Glory would be breaking new ground. Is it really so hard to believe that, once everything got settled down, Glory would be okay with having a kid?

And I distinctly recall calling that "extreme measures".

P.S. Editing:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun May 25, 2014 4:03 pm

The Wasteland ruins everything eventually, so grab love when and wherever you can

If Glory ever wants to be happy, she's going to have to face the fact Blackjack can be rather promiscuous if the situation calls for it

Meanwhile I'm getting really disturbing images of LittlePip sleeping with Redeye to get that bomb that destroyed the Goddess
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun May 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Scienza wrote:That's actually really important, since there doesn't seem to be anything beyond a platonic relationship between Glory and P-21. Sex is one thing, and even that she's only accepted because Blackjack does it, but when it comes to actual love, Glory seems to be pretty monogamous.
1) I'm pretty sure you can't call it "platonic" after participating in a threesome.
2) Monogamous except for said threesome. And Splendid. You know, come to think of it, "monogamous" may be a bit too strong a word.
3) You're kind of assuming Glory and P-21's relationship will not have evolved at all during 3 months without BJ, and will continue to fail to evolve in the future. There's been an undercurrent of something between them for a long time -- notably ever since BJ left the group at the FSMC -- and you can call it "platonic love" or "strong frienship" if you want, but I'm just going to go with "love". That doesn't necessarily imply romance or sex, but I don't think it's a stretch to think she'd ask P-21 before anyone else.

P.S. Another Edit:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun May 25, 2014 4:15 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Scienza wrote:That's actually really important, since there doesn't seem to be anything beyond a platonic relationship between Glory and P-21. Sex is one thing, and even that she's only accepted because Blackjack does it, but when it comes to actual love, Glory seems to be pretty monogamous.
1) I'm pretty sure you can't call it "platonic" after participating in a threesome.
2) Monogamous except for said threesome. And Splendid. You know, come to think of it, "monogamous" may be a bit too strong a word.
3) You're kind of assuming Glory and P-21's relationship will not have evolved at all during 3 months without BJ, and will continue to fail to evolve in the future. There's been an undercurrent of something between them for a long time -- notably ever since BJ left the group at the FSMC -- and I don't think it's a stretch to think she'd ask P-21 before anyone else.
As I mentioned, love and sex are very different. When it comes to sex and attraction, Glory's kind of been pressured into following Blackjack's attitudes, but when it comes to actual heart-pounding, knee-weakening, spend-your-whole-life-together love, she's only ever indicated that towards Blackjack.

And, to be honest, I don't think the relationship between Glory and P-21 has really intensified while BJ was away. Based off Rampage's account, she seems to have been single-mindedly searching for her lost marefriend over the course of the last three months. Rampage's assertion that Glory'd be upset over Blackjack's watching of other ponies' sexy-time, and Splendid's regrets towards Glory suggest that she hasn't been wildly butt-touching over the last three months as well.

EDIT: Maybe you're right that P-21 would be Glory's first choice as a donor (he is, after all, a mutual friend of the two), but I don't think that Glory'd honestly go for it. Of all the possible reasons to have a kid, "for use as a birthing device" is probably one of the worst.
Vinylshadow wrote:The Wasteland ruins everything eventually, so grab love when and wherever you can

If Glory ever wants to be happy, she's going to have to face the fact Blackjack can be rather promiscuous if the situation calls for it

Meanwhile I'm getting really disturbing images of LittlePip sleeping with Redeye to get that bomb that destroyed the Goddess
I'm sorry, but that's not a particularly healthy way to maintain or deal with a relationship. Blackjack feeling horny is not a good reason to continuously hurt her partner. Relationships are all about compromising with and learning to accept your partner's traits, but that doesn't mean she should just expect Glory to accept something that BJ knows causes her pain.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun May 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Yeah, I'm aware of that

Going through something similar right now, actually

You can't just clop your hooves together and bam, everything changes and your relationship works

These things take time and you have to force yourself to stick to them, one misstep and suddenly you're sliding down a very slippery slope towards misery

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=1184
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30