Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Dutcher Fri May 23, 2014 11:05 am

Last wrote:I'm just not sure the technology supports something like that.

The stasis pods freeze whoever is placed inside them indefinitely.

What the foal needs is an eviroment that not only allows time to pass so that it can grow, but also provides it with the sustenance and hormones for it to develop properly.

What I'm saying is I think what you're proposing may actually be more difficult then trying to build a machine from scratch. What's exactly is being utilized from the pods in the modification? The container that actually physically holds the patient?

Edit: Because I'm not very good at being clear. I mean the glass sphere or cylinder (I don't remember the shape.) that holds the patient. Not any of the stuff that keeps what's inside in it's "frozen" state.

There is an easier more gruesome solution.

Recapture Cogs. Remove the armor plating from BJ's old belly and reorganize the life support systems so they no longer impede the womb's growth and seal it off with another BJ clone's skin. Also probably remove her legs and chain her up somewhere.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 204
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Silver136 Fri May 23, 2014 11:13 am

Not a breeder, merely a vessel to carry Blackjacks baby until it can be born. Its not like they're gonna start implanting random babies into her. Its just punishment for making Blackjacks life a living hell and stealing her body(and child). Like I said though, the only reason I'm supporting this idea is because I hate Cogs. I was all for bombing the mine boss back in Brimstone too so I'm probably not the highest on the morality board though...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri May 23, 2014 11:22 am

Great, the way your making it sound, Cogs!jack is now powered by a forsaken child... Curse all of those in the chat thread for letting my dive back into that abyss.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri May 23, 2014 11:30 am

Last wrote:I thinks it's reasonable they'd have understanding of what it's capable of at this point. Could be wrong here but I'm thinking it's within the realm of posibility that Glory could just confirm or deny what Cogs already told BJ. And as you said she doesn't have a reason to lie, Cogs has been  shown to be unwilling to use the baby as leverage.

More interesting than wondering if Cogs was lying, were we to assume that she was it begs the question of why Cogs was lying.
Assume that she mislead Blackjack, that BJ could have her own kid. Why would Cogs not want BJ to believe that? Obvious answer is protection, Blackjack is less likely to shoot the body that keeps her kid alive. But Cogs showed that she actually cares for the kid's wellfare. She nearly popped Steel Rain like a grape for suggesting they use it as leverage. But if she cares so much, why keep the kid in a body that can't keep it alive? She could have an unhealthy attachment. Really not unlikely, I'm still not convinced that Cogs isn't entirely bonkers. She could need the child for something. A life force, a spark, an heir. Who knows?

Icy Shake wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:
Dutcher wrote:
Somber plz  Sweetie Belle
Start a petition. Bunch of signatures and a donation.
Somber plz. pls dont.
Or: keep it minimal, like a radroad scurrying away if and when Blackjack finds the sword again. Subtle, like the Pink Eyes reference in chapter thirty four.

A self conscious part of me feels the need to clarify that I was joking. While I’m all for cheeky references, straight up crossovers make me nervous.

Icy Shake wrote:

I forget. Was Lacunae's telepathy only with Blackjack, or did it extend to everyone else, too? If so, you'd think that would be an option to make communication with Stygius easier.
She can talk in people’s heads, but only BJ got to talk in her head.

Exodus Hero wrote:
Well in the show, Tirek escaped in season two in one of the earlier episodes when Cerberus left. I'm also sure there was a reference to Cerberus escaping somewhere in the story,

Spoiler:
Granted, it's just headcanon for me. But Cerberus' existence says to me that Cerberus (the original) might no longer be at his post. In a place as crappy as wartime Equestria, there are a million ways for him to go. Sent to war when times were tough, killed during the remodeling of Tartarus as the new Hippocratic... that's all I'll say out of the Setting thread.

Icy Shake wrote:

I'm not sure that this chapter, "Caper," was appropriately named. I can't really think of anything that's a mystery that's really contained in it. Sure, there's the murder of Tulip, but that's resolved—well, swept to the side—immediately and without conflict. There's stuff related to Eternity and perhaps even Hightower more generally, but those aren't especially tied in to the chapter. Sure, stuff happens with them, but I'm not sure there's any particular reason to say this one is more associated with them than others. Basically, I think it might have been titled to work in with the cliffhanger from the last chapter and the start which looked like it could be a crime/forensic drams, but again, that was dropped, or at least deferred, early on. Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing what the title was referring to, if anyone remembers specifically.
Because it’s The Caper, that is to say it’s the “We get in, grab the goal, have unexpected complications, we get out” sort of heist movie. Gather the team, introduce everyone, explain the target with a holographic image, explain what everybody’s getting. Make the break-in, something bad happens, everyone goes into a little more detail on their motivations and characters, things get worse. Then things go bad.

I love Capers, and while I admit that Hightower had some weaknesses I still loved the arc and its wonderfully, confusingly large cast.[/quote]
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri May 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Well. That's enough internet for today.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri May 23, 2014 12:46 pm

I like where this thread is going right now. Crazy 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri May 23, 2014 1:23 pm

RoboRed wrote:I like where this thread is going right now. Crazy 
I'm not sure if its a good or bad thing, but it has taken quite a dark turn, which I agree. I'm all for dark turns. Twilight crazy
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Conquering the Wasteland on the backs of dead foals

Or destroying it through dark eldritch powers through the life force of dead foals

Yep...das grim
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Fri May 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Okay, time to lighten things up! Who's here looking forward to chapter 69?
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Fri May 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Borsuq wrote:Okay, time to lighten things up! Who's here looking forward to chapter 69?
I can smell it
Edit:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 IcOqh
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Watch it be a joke/non-canon chapter where BJ and CJ exchange lewd phrases while they try to kill each other
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri May 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Watch it be a joke/non-canon chapter where BJ and CJ exchange lewd phrases while they try to kill each other
It'll probably the darkest, squickiest, most arousal-killing chapter yet.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Meleagridis wrote:

More interesting than wondering if Cogs was lying, were we to assume that she was it begs the question of why Cogs was lying.
Assume that she mislead Blackjack, that BJ could have her own kid. Why would Cogs not want BJ to believe that? Obvious answer is protection, Blackjack is less likely to shoot the body that keeps her kid alive.

True enough. But if BJ is ever in a situation where she has to kill Cogs to stop her plan I don't think a baby will be as much shield as it is hesitation.

BJ doesn't believe there will be a world left for her baby to be born in if Project Horizons goes off. So if BJ ever is forced to kill Cogs the outcomes are my baby dies or my baby and everything else dies. It'd be one thing if BJ was actually convinced that what Cogs was planning to do would work, but that's clearly not how it is.

Honestly if the baby could be placed in BJ then there's more incentive to do that than not. BJ was full of doubt, she wanted to run away somewhere safe when she was in the core. Now she posesses a body that can't save her baby. No matter what happens someone else will have to find a solution. BJ has every reason to go all out against Cogs now.

As for attachment and defending the fetus? I really don't see it. I just think Cogs wants to feel superior to BJ and the fact she doesn't kill foals is what makes her feel that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 23, 2014 2:56 pm

'PLAY?'
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri May 23, 2014 2:58 pm

Borsuq wrote:Okay, time to lighten things up! Who's here looking forward to chapter 69?
Here's to hoping chapter 69 is some kind of dumb yet amusing 69 joke, as unlikely as it is!
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 23, 2014 3:01 pm

"Hold up a second...did anyone else just feel like somewhere, there's a great crowd of ponies laughing to themselves for some reason?"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri May 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Or maybe we'll end up going back to Flank.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri May 23, 2014 3:33 pm

I wasn't really paying attention during the Flank portion

something about helping the town and getting run out of it anyway?

Or was that elsewhere
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri May 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Well there is a Stable 80 69 there. Also it's where she killed Deus, got laid, and first started hanging out with Rampage.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Fri May 23, 2014 4:03 pm

Last wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:

Assume that she mislead Blackjack, that BJ could have her own kid. Why would Cogs not want BJ to believe that? Obvious answer is protection, Blackjack is less likely to shoot the body that keeps her kid alive.

True enough. But if BJ is ever in a situation where she has to kill Cogs to stop her plan I don't think a baby will be as much shield as it is hesitation.

BJ doesn't believe there will be a world left for her baby to be born in if Project Horizons goes off. So if BJ ever is forced to kill Cogs the outcomes are my baby dies or my baby and everything else dies. It'd be one thing if BJ was actually convinced that what Cogs was planning to do would work, but that's clearly not how it is.

Honestly if the baby could be placed in BJ then there's more incentive to do that than not. BJ was full of doubt, she wanted to run away somewhere safe when she was in the core. Now she posesses a body that can't save her baby. No matter what happens someone else will have to find a solution. BJ has every reason to go all out against Cogs now.

As for attachment and defending the fetus? I really don't see it. I just think Cogs wants to feel superior to BJ and the fact she doesn't kill foals is what makes her feel that way. 
It could just be that Blackjack was currently unable to carry her baby, although I assume most aren't just "ready" for a surrogate transplant and some hormones / magic are required in preparation.
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Ummm, but that is clearly not what Cognitum said. She said she'd look for a suitable surrogate, she didn't say BJ could carry her baby in a few weeks.

It's pretty clear to me that BJ will not be carrying this baby. At least not in the blank body she has now.

I think it'd be more productive to try and find more interesting solutions then to try and find loopholes in what Cogs said.

How about this for instance? Place the fetus in one of the stasis pods till Scotch is more physically mature and can carry it.

There's the possibility that she's as close to BJ as Twilight's relative who I can never remember the name of is to Twilight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Eh, they live in a stable. P-21 is probably more than the baby's father.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Fri May 23, 2014 4:32 pm

What about Grace?
Also, is it possible for us peasants to get a sneak-peek of the next chapter editors?
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Fri May 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Last wrote:Ummm, but that is clearly not what Cognitum said. She said she'd look for a suitable surrogate, she didn't say BJ could carry her baby in a few weeks.

It's pretty clear to me that BJ will not be carrying this baby. At least not in the blank body she has now.

I think it'd be more productive to try and find more interesting solutions then to try and find loopholes in what Cogs said.

How about this for instance? Place the fetus in one of the stasis pods till Scotch is more physically mature and can carry it.

There's the possibility that she's as close to BJ as Twilight's relative who I can never remember the name of is to Twilight.
Chapter 65 wrote:"I regret to say that a blank is incapable of carrying a foal to term.  Perhaps a blank could be used as an incubator for a foal nearly ready for birth, but blank reproductive systems lack proper hormonal regulation for pregnancy."
I am under the impression that hormones could be used to correct this if administered by a trained professional...

But if that won't work, I'm sure the medical geniuses of the Collegiate, reinforced with personal and equipment for Thunderhead could make something work. 

What about that star metal/fetus sculpture incident? That one mare clearly knows something about childbirth...

Last edited by Rayndalf on Fri May 23, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Dutcher wrote:What about Grace?
Also, is it possible for us peasants to get a sneak-peek of the next chapter editors?

I need to know. Why do people keep brining up Grace? She's related to Twilight, that means nothing to BJ. Except for the fact she can say "I technically have family. Sorta. kinda. A little bit."

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri May 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Last wrote:

I need to know. Why do people keep brining up Grace? She's related to Twilight, that means nothing to BJ. Except for the fact she can say "I technically have family. Sorta. kinda. A little bit."
Yeah, I'd mentioned Grace a while back and we decided that she was too distantly related to carry the baby. I'm honestly of the opinion that one of the mysterious stable survivors is gonna carry it. After all it's a stable, there's bound to be at least a little bit of inbreeding. And it's possible that one of the survivors is a child of P-21 (He was confirmed as the father right?)
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Fri May 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Last wrote:

Well, outside Scoth And 21 she is the closest thing to BJ family speaking.
Edit: Oh right the survivors from 99, well unless they try to kill BJ they are better i guess.

Last edited by Dutcher on Fri May 23, 2014 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Rayndalf wrote:
Chapter 65 wrote:"I regret to say that a blank is incapable of carrying a foal to term.  Perhaps a blank could be used as an incubator for a foal nearly ready for birth, but blank reproductive systems lack proper hormonal regulation for pregnancy."
I am under the impression that hormones could be used to correct this if administered by a trained professional...

I think that quote proves she has good understanding of what she is saying. And the part here "Perhaps a blank could be used as an incubator for a foal nearly ready for birth" can be accepted as the truth. I don't have any understanding of how hormone treatments work, but if it was as simple as injections I think BJ would be happily pregnant by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri May 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Last wrote:Ummm, but that is clearly not what Cognitum said. She said she'd look for a suitable surrogate, she didn't say BJ could carry her baby in a few weeks.

Aye, I proposed something similar earlier, which would just be stashing the foal in a stasis pod until a slightly more convenient time.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Oops. Sorry scienza. I thought you meant the pod would serve as the womb and the baby would grow in there. Misunderstanding on my part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next