Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:26 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Also on the subject of digital literature, ever heard of spritzing? Some very interesting tech going on right there.
Spritzing is an interesting idea, but I see a couple of flaws in it. One, most people comprehend while reading, that's probably the reason many read so slow. With light fare I can see Spritz being very useful. However, I probably don't want to read Plato with it, I'm having enough trouble in dead-tree format right now. Second, how the heck are you supposed to go back and re-read something with spritz, that's the only major flaw I see in it right now, not everyone can instantly understand something the first time they read it.

EDIT: ah, I see they put in a 'rewind to the beginning of the sentence' button so that helps a bit.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 pm

@Spritzing

It seems pretty useful from my perspective, but, as stringtheory said, mostly for light stuff. I can read comfortably at 500 WPM, even 550, but the literature train derails and smashes into something the moment I see something that I don't understand (usually previously unknown acronyms and purple prose). Besides, with novels I tend to take things slow just so that I can paint a moving picture with my mind. I can't do that with Spritzing.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 pm

For stories to enjoy, spritzing is definitely not something I'd be using. But for dry boring texts, I'd use it. Of course occasionally I'd need to pause to look something or another up, but definitely something I'm keeping an eye on. Don't have a smartphone though, hopefully iPod Touch can suffice.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:51 pm

camobait:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:39 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Gummy-dolphins
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
@Gun Control:

@Unrelated

I just beat Bioshock, I'm not exactly satisfied with my experience.

The ending, final boss or the experience as a whole?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Last wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

@Unrelated

Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Swicked shall now be tagged as Mr Sandpaper
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:34 pm

swicked wrote:Just finished a skype call.
Hinds (american) is more brit than a brit (Bronode).
This explains everything.
What, everything?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Last wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

@Unrelated

Spoiler:

Exactly what do you mean by repetitive? To my memory the game gave you multiple plasmids and weapons to vary up the combat. I just started playing it agin I'm a little annoyed right now because I lack the things to vary it, but I know more stuff is coming up.

You liked the final boss? Personally, I thought that guy didn't fit. You see the effects of splicing throughout the game and King splice shows up as a shining god.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:59 pm

Last wrote:
Exactly what do you mean by repetitive? To my memory the game gave you multiple plasmids and weapons to vary up the combat. I just started playing it agin I'm a little annoyed right now because I lack the things to vary it, but I know more stuff is coming up.

You liked the final boss? Personally, I thought that guy didn't fit. You see the effects of splicing throughout the game and King splice shows up as a shining god.

Mostly it was the "Go here/get this" quests that bored me. There was nothing hectic about any of the situations, nothing really threatening. The other part, which was admittedly my choice, was farming the Splicers and Big Daddies for the cash I needed.

As for the last boss, I agree that he was out of place, but he was more fun than any of the other bosses by a long shot. Steinman and Wilkins were just Leadheads and Nitro Splicers with different models, and maybe a few new tricks.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:07 pm

I wouldn't really consider either of those bosses. By not being hectic or threatening do you mean the respawn system? Where there's no real penalty for death?

The hardest difficulty does turn off those vita chambers from what I heard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Last wrote:I wouldn't really consider either of those bosses. By not being hectic or threatening do you mean the respawn system? Where there's no real penalty for death?

The hardest difficulty does turn off those vita chambers from what I heard.

No penalty for death, no real sense of urgency from anything. For me, it was just wandering around, killing everyone I came across until I found my goal, with the occasional oopse with the security bots. I felt a little like I was playing WoW.

As for the hardest difficulty, I'm only playing on hard at the moment. Turning vita-chambers off seems like it would just make the game that much more annoying. I'm not a masochist.

EDIT: There was also the occasional glitch that would make an "ironman" playthrough rage-inducing.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Ironmonger wrote:*snip*

When it comes to wandering around. I would say that complaint is subjective. I do think the game needs to give you a penalty for death, but if you don't like exploration then of course you're not going to like this game.

As for urgency I think that ties into exploration. Nothing pissed me off more then when in Deus Ex's opening while I was trying to explore I was informed over the radio the hostages were dead. Some would probably argue that was a good thing, that the situation wasn't stopping because I wasn't there. But I personally hated it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Last wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:*snip*

When it comes to wandering around. I would say that complaint is subjective. I do think the game needs to give you a penalty for death, but if you don't like exploration then of course you're not going to like this game.

Now that I think about it, I'm even sure what my problem was with the game. I'll do my run through hard, and then again on survivor, and see if my opinion is different. I like exploration, it's something about the game just felt a little off.

I really am trying to be objective about this, rather than being "that guy".

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Don't worry about it Iron. If you don't like something it's fine, even if your reasons are subjective, I don't like Braid.

My reasons are simply I don't like platformers and I don't like the artstyle. Two purely subjective reasons. I only played the trial, but that was enough to give me a bad first impression. Still I wouldn't say it's a bad game, just a bad one for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:46 pm

Robolulz:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:30 am

Can't remember if I've linked to this comic before. Anyway, definitely seems like something folks 'round here would enjoy - lighthearted dark humor. Link!

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 am

Katarn wrote:
camobait:

This this is...
*deploy cool shades*
...fishy.

Fluttershy yay
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:17 am

If Studio Ghibli was forced to make a sequel of one of their movies, which one would you most likely watch and what would it be about?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:28 am

lastbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:41 am

@Valikdu
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  Roid Rage 
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:35 am

@lastbait Neat.

I picked up MGS Peacewalker, this game's pretty cool. I get to build my own metal gear. Sadly a buddy tells me I can't send it on missions with my fireteams.

Also kinda cool that Dalmatian a random woman I recruited (Everyone you recruit has a codename. I have like ten "Jaws" now. Missions must be really complicated.) now has better stats than Snake.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40 am

#truestory:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:51 am

Seen that one before. Just goes to show how easy it is to change the way you look at things when you use the right words.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Reminded me of a discussion I had with my sister. How bad can you make each disney film. Then I found <a href="https://imgur.com/gallery/9O0XN">this</a> one day when wandering the endless halls of Imgur.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:34 pm

swicked wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:The Shining/Cadance arc was really fun.
...we have very, very different opinions on what constitutes "fun", then.
Well, yes, probably, but I mentioned those specifically because I misread your post as saying "especially 11 and 12" rather than "except 11 and 12." :P Derp!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Seen that one before. Just goes to show how easy it is to change the way you look at things when you use the right words.

I guess, in the sense you might be surprised how different your home looked as just a frame. Or maybe how an adult looked as a baby.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:29 pm

So how well are the comics written? How much does it affect the canon verse, if at all? Never got around to reading them yet. They're in my to-do list, low priority.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:33 pm

The comics are alright. Bit heavy on the pop culture reference side at times but that's mostly background gags.

I'm not sure what the official stance is, but I think canon wise it's "canon until the show says otherwise" so the Easter egg that was Twilight's mom owning an award for writing Daring Do stories isn't canon.

I will say that at Dragon Con, one of the comic writers said that "We're not allowed to do stories they plan on doing on the show."
I don't believe that means that the show will never cover stories done in comics, just that at the time they where pitching ideas the show guys went "We're not planning on doing a story about that so go for it."
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next