Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:45 pm

'Tis a shame, Swicked. Funny thing is, I'm probably sugar-coating my own experiences. Had a sister or two go through some of the same classes, different results. My 'fun' classes turned out to be horrible experiences. Teachers I liked turned out not so nice, or at least biased towards favorites (guess who was on those lists). Of course it could be that one sister doesn't exactly like particular subjects, but methinks it's due to the conjecture of sisters that I was sort of a... suck up(?). I tended to talk to teachers more than peers, though I was friends with several other students.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Aonee wrote: Bad news for the Oculus Rift.
This might SEEM like a bad thing, but look at it this way. A highly successful company has purchased the rights to a product that got it's start on kickstarter, and now said product being left to develop under it's own devices and is getting millions of dollars for research and production.

I'd be more worried if EA bought it.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Tytan wrote:
I'd be more worried if EA bought it.
Oh god, don't even joke like that... Shy 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:22 pm

What about Activision? :trollluna:
Oh oh oh, or Zynga?

OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:25 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:What about Activision? :trollluna:
Oh oh oh, or Zynga?

Blizzard owns Activision.
Zynga can't afford employees.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:31 pm

dawww:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Wait, Blizzard owns Activision? I thought they did a merge where executive decisions on new IP was split between them.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:55 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:She's going to public school, if I recall correctly.
Still, letting bigots be bigots isn't a good thing when they influence others, i.e. their kids, to become bigots themselves. Well, at least we can hope for teenage rebellion to kick in.

It's still their school. If you don't want your child to be taught by them the solution is simple and cheap. Don't pay for your kid to go to their school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Wait, Blizzard owns Activision? I thought they did a merge where executive decisions on new IP was split between them.
That's what they say, but we all know who's on bottom in that bed.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Didn't once upon a time Activision had the title of 'evilest game company' or something to that effect? Or has all the focus been on EA with their DLC policies, and the Origin-exclusive content, and DRM?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Or has all the focus been on EA with their DLC policies, and the Origin-exclusive content, and DRM?

Well yeah, but Activision is still releasing more Call of Duty. Hard to decide which one is worse.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Methinks that they need to [REDACTED], as well as get their game together into a coherent mechanically fun title, rather than the Gimmicky mess that the recent games have been. From 'modern' titles, I still think MW4 still holds the title of the best. It had consistent gameplay, and the plot was the first to feature the shocker that Activision keeps on trying to reproduce in all the other games, unsuccessfully.

Also, EA makes Battlefield, right? And over in Japan, Dynasty Warriors holds the title for 'same boring game mechanics', which I've seen it being called the CoD of Japan.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:29 pm

The latest Winds of Winter Chapter just dropped and whaat the fuuuck that was amazing but almost no one here reads Song of Ice and Fire
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Cptadder wrote:The latest Winds of Winter Chapter just dropped and whaat the fuuuck that was amazing but almost no one here reads Song of Ice and Fire
I read it, very good series, though I'll wait for the full book.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:02 pm

swicked wrote:...though, to be honest, it's difficult for me to imagine a childhood not full of injustice and general bullshit, so I can't help but feel this crap is inevitable and these kids should just try to hold out until adulthood for things to get better.
Oh, I'm sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:31 pm

I have up to volume 11 but the only place that carries them around here is Hot Topic and I haven't been there since I picked up volume 11.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Ah, okay then. I didn't know any of that and was just expressing sympathy for the bad time you had.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:10 am

@swicked
I buy 'em on comixology still. Really loving them, especially the main team's contributions. The Shining/Cadance arc was really fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:13 am

scienza/selfbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:49 am

linked for the comment

Also:

lulz:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:01 am

So, gun control...

The New York Times wrote:(excerpt from the article)

The bill allows people with a weapons permit to carry loaded guns into bars, as long as they do not consume alcohol — although the bill does not say how that caveat would be enforced.

It allows guns in public areas of airports and eliminates criminal charges for permit holders caught with guns at airport security. It authorizes school districts to appoint staff members to carry guns at schools, ostensibly to defend students in case of an attack.

It allows felons to claim the Stand Your Ground defense — in which someone who “reasonably believes” his life is in danger has no duty to walk away and may instead shoot to kill. And that is just the beginning.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:23 am

@Gun Control:

@Unrelated

I just beat Bioshock, I'm not exactly satisfied with my experience.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:56 am

Robolulz:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:30 am

So, cost issues aside, which do you all prefer:
Physical or Digitial comics? Can't say both, and explain your preferrence.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:43 am

Physical. If my internet or power goes out, I can still read them. If I want to take a break form all tech, I can do that. Also, don't have to worry about servers going down with physical copies.

Plus I like being old school and have something in my hand while reading it.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:44 am

So would your reply change if the question encompasses literature? Or should that be a separate question? I'm thinking the latter, since the best parts of school textbooks being on a digital copy is having to not lug around so much weight, but also having an easy search function. That being said, for novels I like to read for fun I'd still go with physical. Having a libary is fun.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 am

lulz:

Swickedbait: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/085/9/c/at_the_edge_of_the_world_by_shaadorian-d7bpmbj.png
Lastbait: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/085/2/9/changeling_chrysalis_by_kyodashiro-d7bpukc.png
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:40 am

As much as I love books, they just take too much fucking space.

Plus, with digital medias, it's easier to duplicate your copies and make backups. With a physical collection, one fire, a flood, or just any kind of incident (theft, etc...), and you can kiss your valued possessions goodbye.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:19 am

'tis why I'm probably going to need to get my own place before starting my library, though I'm not sure if I should before or after starting a hat collection.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Also on the subject of digital literature, ever heard of spritzing? Some very interesting tech going on right there.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next