Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:13 am

What? Reading that article it seemed they were overstating the importance of the 3D printer. According to the article seeing the heart before surgery was certainly helpful, but the model already existed on the radiologist's computer for the doctor to look at. I don't really see how the printer gave them a much bigger benefit then looking at the model on the radiologist's computer.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:19 am

A surgeon does work with its hands. It's hard to manipulate a picture on a screen.

The 3D-printed model let the surgeon better assess the movements his hands needed to accomplish, such that he had less risks to later do a wrong movement with the real organ and risk killing the patient.

It wasn't -essential-, but it helped reduce the overall risks of the procedure.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:27 am

Okay, I'll agree with that. However I still think the article overstates the importance of 3D printing and the title is misleading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:53 am

Of course, given the article's source. Still, this is another breakthrough brought by 3D-printing.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:20 am

@Moody,Last,Swicked:
Yeah, I'm also a little bit confused as to if that's supposed to be affectionate nomming or not.
There's a second part to it here: http://megarexetera.tumblr.com/post/80576402105
Suffice to say, the bottom line is that both Vinyls were doing things they probably shouldn't have.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:47 am

Too perfect.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:52 am

Ironmonger wrote:Too perfect.
Glory and Blackjack version:
special feeling:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:04 am

I still don't understand this meme...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:08 am

RoboRed wrote:I still don't understand this meme...
context
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:33 am

I know what it spawned from, but I just don't understand the need for the meme-ization. It does nothing for me.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:50 am

Its the internet Robo, they'll grab onto anything to make it a meme.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Its the internet Robo, they'll grab onto anything to make it a meme.
Truth.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Oh, burial at sea. I'm not sure these stealth mechanics are very good...

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:00 pm

lulz:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
lulz:
wat
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:29 pm

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Whelp finished burial at sea.

burial at sea spoilers, Kinda. just talking mechanics:

Still I had fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:19 pm

I feel this might be relevant to Scyto's interests.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Aonee wrote:I feel this might be relevant to Scyto's interests.

My two most beloved characters.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:26 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:@Swicked: Totally unrelated but; I've just had a like, ~2 week discussion with someone regarding the most likely hypothetical sexual orientation and preference of Celestia. For no reason whatsoever xD
What did you conclude?
Well, it was a long ass list, but we contemplated a couple of somewhat largely probable ways she could "swing" so to say. Cba to ramble up the entire list here due to various reasons. But we narrowed it down to one of 3 "major" areas. Being (and she could be split up or solely in one) 1: "Secret" sub, more embracing the "giving" side of her. 2: Secret "pervert" using glory holes and getting happy ending massages, among other methods in order to get her "pride" serviced and gawked upon. 3: Taking things in moderation, making sure to not display her love life to the public in order to uphold not being seen as a stud or slut by the populous. Either having a harem, or taking long term suitors she "train".  Rather clunky version, but original one has like, ...10 pages of discussion material xD Including random things like a "special tree" with unique flowers and an oddly smooth branch at the trunk. There was also a large chunk in case whether or not Celestia's comparably massive marehood made males feel lacking or/and had mares feeling inadequate.

@OAC: Well then, merry birthday it seems :P

@Scyto: http://theoatmeal.com/pl/senior_year/science

@Katarn: (Luna+Trixie) Unless I'm mistaken, the artist of that made a really half-assed filly-folio recently.

@EP: (Pokemon) Btw guys, I just had the most legit concept ever for the pokemon rpg. Take one nincada. Go type ace: normal. Buy cereal. Go to spa. Recall you are doing something, train nincada, evolve the fuck. Take the empty husk of it's old shell and name it Gustifer, take Gustifer, type ace train the shit out of that bug type. Shedinja is now Normal/Ghost. ??? Have waffles. Profit.

On a side note, saw the new robocop, was pleasantly surprised.

On another side note, got a pony blindbag before movie, a friend got a lego gandalf. I pulled out the char card, saw male pegasus, got really excited as I needed one for my friends char for the FoE tabletop, find out it's a female char that barely looks like the male card... goes grumpy.

@Loud_Taffy: Welcome. And expect a lot of bs to be pulled out of the ass of the story. Without saying anything about the plot itself... or well, nothing important anyway: (read at own risk of pessimistic/tired ramble. But if find it decent form to at least inform of some of the bs that's pulled. Met far too many that flip a table, curse and never want anything with the story to do again due to some of said bs.)
Spoiler:
Welp, apparently was in a bit of ramble mood.

@Swicked: (Dr Horrible) I have cosplayed as him... technically... or at least dressed up as xP
... people said to never cosplay any one character that sings again. Ever. xD

@Robo: I have a absol in my team, I named her Luna. She's super lucky. It's legit, I promise. I gave her black shades.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
On a side note, saw the new robocop, was pleasantly surprised.

Care to share any more details? Loved the shit out of the original, and the second, the third... I don't talk about that one. I did get to see the new 300 though; bloody, gory, almost mindless, still fucking awesome.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:25 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Well, it was a long ass list, but we contemplated a couple of somewhat largely probable ways she could "swing" so to say. Cba to ramble up the entire list here due to various reasons. But we narrowed it down to one of 3 "major" areas. Being (and she could be split up or solely in one) 1: "Secret" sub, more embracing the "giving" side of her. 2: Secret "pervert" using glory holes and getting happy ending massages, among other methods in order to get her "pride" serviced and gawked upon. 3: Taking things in moderation, making sure to not display her love life to the public in order to uphold not being seen as a stud or slut by the populous. Either having a harem, or taking long term suitors she "train". Rather clunky version, but original one has like, ...10 pages of discussion material xD Including random things like a "special tree" with unique flowers and an oddly smooth branch at the trunk. There was also a large chunk in case whether or not Celestia's comparably massive marehood made males feel lacking or/and had mares feeling inadequate.
That seems to make sense, though of course we don't know how social mores and the like may have changed over the centuries.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:16 am

Bad news for the Oculus Rift.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:21 am

[jizzing intensifies]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:29 am

One moment we have <a href="http://www.slate.com/articles/life/family/2014/03/grayson_bruce_was_bullied_for_his_my_little_pony_backpack_no_wonder_my_son.html">this</a>. and then on a different tangent, we have <a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/03/26/virginia-girls-toys-not-feminine-enough-for-lynchburg-christian-school/?tid=pm_national_pop">this incident</a>

[internal raging intensifies]
*calms down*
Plus side is that she's not in that environment anymore. But it sucks that she lost friends from the incident.

Last edited by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:37 am

[intensification intensifies]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 am

It's just to me that some 'traditional values' aren't worth keeping. Not if it means forcing growing kids learning their identity into molds instead of providing guidance as schools and parenting are supposed to. Liked how the grandparents let her develop those hobbies though, good on them.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:54 am

Long time ago it was more manly to weep openly than the now macho thing of "never show emotion" because for the longest time it was considered more manly to be in-tune with your emotions.

It was once common to have boys wear dress like clothing during their early years before switching them to pants.

The whole "pink for girls, blue for boys" use to be the opposite since Pink is a lighter shade of Red and was more manly.

How "traditional" can values be if they've change within the last century?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 am

Her parents always have the option of homeshooling or public school if they don't want to do what the private school asks them.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 am

She's going to public school, if I recall correctly.
Still, letting bigots be bigots isn't a good thing when they influence others, i.e. their kids, to become bigots themselves. Well, at least we can hope for teenage rebellion to kick in.

As for childhoods being horrible... yeah I can see that. Everyone has their own problems from their developing viewpoint. Really dissapointed that ton of stuff I pride myself on learning back in the day turned out to be bunk when I got to college. Think the nicest thing about my highschool was the fact that Actually my high school years were pretty cool, since I had an awesome principle who had the respect of the majority of the students, even a lot of 'delinquents'. Heck, even let me slide off of being confined to the cafeteria during lunch so I could help out unofficially sorting library books, (was funny since I did more work than the slackers who 'volunteered') as well as reading. Usually found me in an odd corner of the library. Too bad the year after I graduated he retired (in style, going on vacation to bahamas or something like that) and was replaced by a more... conservative principle who had to live under the shadow of the former. Ton of policy rewrites according to my sisters, and not very popular. Heard that fights broke out almost daily under this guy. Glad I still can keep in contact the cool principle via Facebook.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next