Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Aonee
Scienza
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Plasticube
Ketchup
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
cb5
Scyto Harmony
StoneSlinger88
Stringtheory
Frost
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Penby
Kippershy
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Katarn
29 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:06 am

cb5 wrote:
stringtheory wrote:Hey guys, I could use some help on my math:
A tank with a rectangular base and rectangular sides is to be open at the top.  It is to be constructed so that its width is 4 meters and its volume is 36 cubic meters.  If building the tank costs $10 per square meter for the base and $5 per square meter for the sides, what is the cost of the least expensive tank?
I think I'm supposed to use related rates to figure it out or some other calculus/derivative related thingie.
Can the tank base be less than a square meter?  Cause if so then yeah you're going to need some more information.
What's in the problem is all the context we were given.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:43 am

stringtheory wrote:
cb5 wrote:
A tank with a rectangular base and rectangular sides is to be open at the top.  It is to be constructed so that its width is 4 meters and its volume is 36 cubic meters.  If building the tank costs $10 per square meter for the base and $5 per square meter for the sides, what is the cost of the least expensive tank?
I think I'm supposed to use related rates to figure it out or some other calculus/derivative related thingie.
Can the tank base be less than a square meter?  Cause if so then yeah you're going to need some more information.
What's in the problem is all the context we were given.
You're probably going to have to use a TI-83 on this one and plug in the functions to get it.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:25 am

Sexy Books!:

@Math
I am bad at maths, but I think that's doable, surely. You have one variable already 'cos of the width being 4 meters, and you know how big it has to be ultimately, right? Uh, messing around with Wolfram Alpha right now... minimum cost is $330, I'm getting. height = 9/length, right? Because h*w*l = 36, and we know w = 4. Cost formula is 10(w*l) + 5(2(w*h) + 2(l*h)). If you replace w with 4 and h with (9/l), you get a single variable you can then minimize with a calculator or something, right? Soooo, uh, yeah, apparently the final dimensions are 4*3*3 and the min cost is $330? That's what I got, leastways. Again, I have not done math at this level in a loooong time, so there may well be a plethora of mistakes in here. Don't take my word on this. *readies self for embarrassment and math-shaming*

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 am

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=93d_1384239379
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=76ca3d85dbcb" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

soo skip about the first minute of that video
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:34 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Sexy Books!:
Western society is weird in that way when you think about it.  Western societies tend to shame the act of sex, but sex is required for the human race to continue.  So yeah totally agree with you, but for a different reason.  In that how western societies go, "Oh noes think of the children", is massively illogical.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:36 am

just wait for it, if you see the three men, there is something they are passing around...at about 1 minute forty seconds it should be obvious
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 am

Don't you feel sorry for the poor bastards forced to sit around and watch those feeds and bored to the point they'd actually watch a man have sex with a goat with night vision.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Don't you feel sorry for the poor bastards forced to sit around and watch those feeds and bored to the point they'd actually watch a man have sex with a goat with night vision.
Yes, yes I do
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 am

@Rum
Well, you know, I hear they've found 3 types of Ancient Greek love poems: men to men, men to boys, and men to goats. So, uh, yeah. I guess that's a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:just wait for it, if you see the three men, there is something they are passing around...
WTF man?!  Why the fuck did you show a video about people humping a goat?!
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:42 am

Really, just reminded me of a Cracked article from a week or so ago about how much it sucks to be a drone operator. 12 hours on the job, stuck in a room and not allowed to look away from the screen, and sometimes you find two people in a room together, they get closer and their heat signature starts to rise.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:43 am

cb5 wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:just wait for it, if you see the three men, there is something they are passing around...
To show you all that the world is not as sane as you think it may be.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:50 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Math
I am bad at maths, but I think that's doable, surely. You have one variable already 'cos of the width being 4 meters, and you know how big it has to be ultimately, right? Uh, messing around with Wolfram Alpha right now... minimum cost is $330, I'm getting. height = 9/length, right? Because h*w*l = 36, and we know w = 4. Cost formula is 10(w*l) + 5(2(w*h) + 2(l*h)). If you replace w with 4 and h with (9/l), you get a single variable you can then minimize with a calculator or something, right? Soooo, uh, yeah, apparently the final dimensions are 4*3*3 and the min cost is $330? That's what I got, leastways. Again, I have not done math at this level in a loooong time, so there may well be a plethora of mistakes in here. Don't take my word on this. *readies self for embarrassment and math-shaming*
Right, that's basically how I did it and I got the same thing. However this is an AP Calculus course, so one would assume that it would involve some kind of calculus, not basic algebra. Unless this is some kind of easy question we could do after our BIG TEST.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:52 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
cb5 wrote:
To show you all that the world is not as sane as you think it may be.
The world pretty much is insane and most people are insane, we just convince ourselves that we're sane and further our insanity to give solace to ourselves.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:53 am

Personally I was hoping that they'd randomly explode at the end.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:58 am

I didn't watch the video but based on what you guys are saying it's against Forumotion's TOS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:01 am

just Estonian biology textbook:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:06 am

cb5 wrote:Western society is weird in that way when you think about it.  Western societies tend to shame the act of sex, but sex is required for the human race to continue.  So yeah totally agree with you, but for a different reason.  In that how western societies go, "Oh noes think of the children", is massively illogical.
"It's okay to see someone's exploded brains, but not okay to see their nipples".
-SFDebris
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:12 am

Last wrote:I didn't watch the video but based on what you guys are saying it's against Forumotion's TOS.
actually you don't see enough of any details for it to violate to tos as you know they are screwing the goat but you cannot see genitalia, it is not much different than watching miley cyrus being ground on from behind by an afgani
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:17 am

Valikdu wrote:
cb5 wrote:Western society is weird in that way when you think about it.  Western societies tend to shame the act of sex, but sex is required for the human race to continue.  So yeah totally agree with you, but for a different reason.  In that how western societies go, "Oh noes think of the children", is massively illogical.
"It's okay to see someone's exploded brains, but not okay to see their nipples".
-SFDebris
How about this one?
There's people more disturbed by animal cruelty than cruelty towards people.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:46 am

Here's a cool little article on ants. They're clever buggers when taken in a group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:53 am

Canadian police chase:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:54 am

EDIT: I easily solved it with basic math, but I'm fairly sure I did it the wrong way.
Code:
l*h=9
l=9/h
B=4*10*l
S=5*((4*h*2)+(l*h*2))
C=S+B=(4*10*l)+(5*((4*h*2)+(l*h*2)))
C=(4*10*(9/h))+(5*((4*h*2)+((9/h)*h*2)))
C=(360/h)+(40*h)+(90)
dC/dh=40-(360/(h^2))
set dC/dh=0
4=36/(h^2)
(h^2)=(36/4)
h=3
(4*10*(9/3))+(5*((4*3*2)+((9/3)*3*2)))=330
It's 330 USD, I believe.

edit: Ah, and, having gotten caught up, I see that other people's answers appear to agree with mine.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 am

There is a new release of Freespace Blue Planet: War in Heaven.

Well, it was new 10 months ago.

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE IT
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 am

This is awesome new tool for gif animation from MS. More over. It's free.

Last edited by Katarn on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty People talking about how they can still see leaves in November make me sad/angry/sangry

Post by Meleagridis Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Katarn wrote:
Canadian police chase:
I can attest to this.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:47 pm

So the next episode got leaked.

Pinkie lay off the coffee.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:52 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Pinkie_Pie_and_Coffee

Silly cb5. Coffee I can see sound waves!
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Katarn wrote:*snip*

Basically this?:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Tytan wrote:
Katarn wrote:*snip*

Basically this?:
I'll admit I would want to see a episode where the conflict is resolved by pinkie drinking a energy drink.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next