Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Tacoman587
Silverink
Dambrony
Ditzy_Do0
Nightshade
Katarn
WovenTales
Plasticube
Snipehamster
Mr. Snrub
Technowolf
Downloaded Skill
Quotidian
Regolit
Bootleg
RoboRed
Vergil
Mister Nikel
CD
Luminous Lead
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Exodus Hero
tylertoon2
Train Dodger
Moodyman90
FoolNeim
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
thatguyvex
Meleagridis
Valikdu
Caoimhe
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
SilentCarto
Cptadder
O. Hinds
cb5
Derpmind
Stack Trace
Kippershy
Icy Shake
Harmony Ltd.
49 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Derpmind Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Ah, Gloryjack-21 rears its head, but for real this time!

this isn't even my final form:
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:55 pm

I want to say that pendent Steel Rain had has shown up before somewhere... but I can't for the life of me remember where. It's like the Goddess has reached out and wiped that from my mind as well.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Interesting. I was going with it being a programmed response to being in the presense of one (possibly two.) mares in heat.

So what is it about Glory that makes her "safe" in his mind if you don't mind me asking. Or did he simply not touch her?

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Last wrote:Interesting. I was going with it being a programmed response to being in the presense of one (possibly two.) mares in heat.

So what is it about Glory that makes her "safe" in his mind if you don't mind me asking. Or did he simply not touch her?

I'll go with the booze. There's been sexual tension between Glory and P-21 for a long time now, and P-21 has a record of "overindulging" himself on harmful substances.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Though while it's sorta on topic. I never got the P-21/Glory ship. I never really saw them as liking eachother and read any friendly behavior between the two of them as just the pair recognizing the other was important to BJ.

Of course my interpretation can be wrong. Just thought I'd put my two cents out there.

Last edited by Last on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:46 pm

If I may quote Glory, "There's just something about earth ponies."
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:53 pm

You can be physically attracted to someone you don't like. And even then somber said himself that Glory is not Bi and that if she was still RD next year (Which I'm assuming is the next time she'll go into heat.) she wouldn't be doing a repeat performance. To me that says even the physical attraction will fade with her heat.

Last edited by Last on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Last wrote:Interesting. I was going with it being a programmed response to being in the presense of one (possibly two.) mares in heat.

Well, when they first found Glory she probably looked like the least threatening thing ever (scrunched under the floor, starving, and hiding from security bots).  She's also never done anything untoward to 21 (that I can remember, anyway), and on top of that she professes to being gay, meaning that he doesn't have to watch his flank (Blackjack periodically manhandles him, though it's usually by accident).

Also, I'm not sure if this swings things one way or the other, but she's a medic/doctor (P-21 has an aversion/attraction to medical, because they're always pumping him full of drugs) who saved his daughter's life and isn't afraid to scold him when he's wrong (without the added threat of more violence that 99 had).

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Well okay, I'm willing to admit they don't hate eachother. (Well Glory might hate him. He did steal drugs from his daughter almost resulting in her death. And well family seems important to Glory, if I'm remembering correctly she played a pretty big part in raising her little sisters.)

Still, not hating eachother and being friends are two different things... Or maybe in the wasteland they aren't.

Last edited by Last on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Oops, sorry lead. I didn't read my quote. I assumed you were replying to something else. Please disregard my reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:35 pm

Last wrote:Well okay, I'm willing to admit they don't hate eachother. (Well Glory might hate him. He did steal drugs from his daughter almost resulting in her death. And well family seems important to Glory, if I'm remembering correctly she played a pretty big hand in raising her little sisters.)

Still, not hating eachother and being friends are two different things... Or maybe in the wasteland they aren't.

All I'm saying is that P-21 has reasons to see her, as you put it, as "safe". (she's a strong willed mare that has clearly defined boundaries and won't abuse anyone)

Glory on the other hand... eh, I don't know what she's doing, but she's obviously very off-kilter at the moment (on many fronts).  P-21 breaking the case wouldn't earn him many points, but Glory is well aware of the dangers of addiction so I'm pretty sure she understands.  That being said, P-21 is also a huge advocate of justice (many of the group find Blackjack's grace as annoying as it is inspiring) so he's a strong (relatively reliable) character in that regard.  And, let's face it, P-21 has a LOT of experience, so Glory wouldn't be wasting her time.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:50 pm

I think she would understand addiction from a medical standpoint.

It's difficult to put into words what I'm trying to say... Remember how Calamity would react to Wild P? He was very excited to have a bottle he could drink because the enclave wouldn't allow for that. They used alcohol for practical purposes.

I don't think Glory would be able to sympathize with something she would likely see as a waste of supplies much less if that waste puts your family in danger.

Though I do see your points on why he would see her as safe.

Last edited by Last on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:44 pm

And let's not forget all these ponies have been through. Fighting for your life next to someone, having them save your life on multiple occasions? I don't think there's any stronger bond that two people can have.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:06 am

Quotidian wrote:And let's not forget all these ponies have been through. Fighting for your life next to someone, having them save your life on multiple occasions? I don't think there's any stronger bond that two people can have.

Actually, there are real world examples of this. People of opposite sex who go through traumatic experiences together may develop strong attractive emotions towards one another.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:46 am

All I'm gonna say about this chapter is that Glory and P21 got royally screwed.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:59 am

Actually I will say one other thing:
"It was a simple round, plastic-covered disk on a nylon lanyard. Something about it was familiar, though."

It's a targeting talisman. You idiot. Don't carry around targeting talismans. They make things target you.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverink Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:27 am

So this is where that link in the hub page leads... Hello!

Clothing alteration spell... now everypony new I meet during FoE RP's will think I took the idea for my OC's favorite spell from PH ;p

This was a great chapter. No heart-racing combat or past-delving, but I was glad to see the structure of "fight-talk-memory, in varying order" broken down just for a friendly mingling chapter. It catches us up on what's been going on around the Hoof will all the factions and individual characters the crew has met. Made for a very nice change of pace, plus it reminded me of just how massive this adventure has become. So many characters, so many factions, all of which Blackjack and company have had a hoof in for better or for worse.
Clearly something massive is about to happen if we needed to be refreshed on nearly every character we've met so far, and many of them were noticing zebras showing up nearby.

As for those zebras, they were described as not really doing anything other than attacking people when they get too close, which reminds me of the robotic Brood just told to keep that area. Their weapons (assault carbines and AM rifles) remind me specifically of the Harbingers, so to me it seems like either Cognitum has spawned these Brood (being the Goddess of Technology and all, it doesn't sound too far from her capabilities) to try and trick BJ into thinking the zebras are the big threat (this could explain why they are popping up on the opposite side of the normal Remnant areas, or that the Remnants and the Harbringers are allies in their quest to bring down BJ (hence the weaponry), and the Legate just hasn't learned what Cognitum is yet.
Either way, things are going to go downhill quickly.

Too quickly, perhaps? Based on how many chapters are in each Volume, it's looking like the story might stretch into 5 Volumes, since I don't see how the Enclave, Remnant, and Harbingers can be brought down within ~7 chapters. Well, it's doable given the length of each chapter, but still.

Also, everypony working on this story is amazing!! Thank you so much for putting so much detail into such a grand adventure. It's very inspiring!

Silverink
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:33 pm

FeatherDust wrote:Actually I will say one other thing:
"It was a simple round, plastic-covered disk on a nylon lanyard.  Something about it was familiar, though."

It's a targeting talisman.  You idiot.  Don't carry around targeting talismans.  They make things target you.

No it's not. It's some LARPer's Disc of Repulsion that got lost in the woods.[/forgotten video game reference]
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:34 pm

It's from a memory orb.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Tacoman587 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:18 pm

I think there's something important with the Gloyjack-21 time. What if Glory is pregnant from P-21? That child would make more sense than the debunked Splendid child. Plus, it would only reenforce the idea of P-21 being breeding stock.
Tacoman587
Tacoman587
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Somber wrote:It's from a memory orb.
There's too many memory orbs! Hopefully someone who's re-reading finds the callback, because so far it seems that none of us remember.

Tacoman587 wrote:Plus, it would only reenforce the idea of P-21 being breeding stock.

...how is this supposed to be a good thing?
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:06 pm

Who said it was good thing? It will cripple him even more and throw back to drugs and hating mares. Twilight crazy 
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tacoman587 Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Derpmind wrote:
Tacoman587 wrote:Plus, it would only reenforce the idea of P-21 being breeding stock.

...how is this supposed to be a good thing?

I'm not saying it is a good thing.  I'm just pointing that out.
Tacoman587
Tacoman587
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:35 pm

@The Pendant Thing
Well, having done some searching for keywords, I believe I had found what that pendant was. Search in Nallar's compilation for the term "plastic canister." It seems to be an anti-enervation charm/talisman/fetish of some kind. Possibly provided by a Starkatteri, possibly developed by ponies under Horse's command. It was seen in the memory of Horse showing off the Tokomare/Eater of Souls to Diamond (of Flash Industries).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:36 pm

swicked wrote:Still reading the chapter, but I just want to ask, did anyone else feel like psychoshy should be there?
She loved to dance, she loved to be adored, and she'd just be completely wrecking the party with Rampage the entire time with a sort of barely-contained chaos, kinda like how pinky tried to warp the gala in the show... only, with Rampage to back her up, nothing would stop her from turning the whole place into a beautifully-dressed mosh pit.
I dunno, I'm on page ten and I can't help mentally writing her into every scene XD
Man, that'd be great! =P I don't think she'd be able to get word of the party unless a lot of changes had gone down in Bat Country, though. Still would be awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:47 pm

swicked wrote:
Still reading the chapter, but I just want to ask, did anyone else feel like psychoshy should be there?
She loved to dance, she loved to be adored, and she'd just be completely wrecking the party with Rampage the entire time with a sort of barely-contained chaos, kinda like how pinky tried to warp the gala in the show... only, with Rampage to back her up, nothing would stop her from turning the whole place into a beautifully-dressed mish pit.
I dunno, I'm on page ten and I can't help mentally writing her into every scene XD

Does seem odd that almost every other group showed up during the party, but I get the feeling Somber's holding onto Psychoshy and the bat ponies for an epic Riders of Rohan style scene during the final battle.

Wish I had anything extensive or useful to say about this chapter, but I got nothing. It was a good decompression and relaxation chapter, very needed before what is likely going to be a exceedingly emotionally draining and intense chapter coming up with the Goddess.
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:53 pm

I gave a rough description of PH's story and latest chapter to a guy who hasn't read it before. He knows something big is about to happen.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm

It would have been PERFECT if psychoshy could have shown up with Stygius... but given that most of the wasteland doesn't know they exist, there wasn't any way I could work it in.  Sigh...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Yeeeaahhh...that might not have ended well...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Glory sighs and then walked up to Psychoshy.  Her face was set in an expression of certainty.  Psychoshy looks in annoyed uncertainty as she draws back.  "I have something vital to ask you."

"What?" Psychoshy asked as she looked from me and back to Glory.

"I need a vital piece of data corroborated,"  Glory went on.  "And you're the only pony who can do it."

"Ooookay.... so... what?"  Psychoshy asked as she looked from me to the stern faced Glory.  "What is it?  You're freaking me out."

"I need to know..." Glory asked as she leaned in, then glanced at Stygius.  "Is he a champion in bed?"

"W...why so you want to know?  I thought you weren't interested in guys!" Psychoshy asked.

"Tell me."

"You are so..."

"Tell me!"  Glory pressed, leaning in towards Psychoshy, her eyes staring.

Psychoshy looked from Glory to me to Stygius and gave a leery grin, "Er... yes."

Glory closed her eyes and nodded her head once.  Then she turned to me.  "Blackjack.  I have a vital question only you can answer."

"Just ask me," I said with a smile.

"Who is better in bed?  Stygius, or me?"  Glory asked as she stared into my eyes.

I frowned, considered.  "Well, if I really had to say... it depends on h-OW!"  I shouted as P-21 kicked my shin.  I blinked and looked at him, then at Glory.  "Um... yeah.  Sure."

Glory smiled and turned, trotting away.  "So it's official.  I am a sex champion!  Boooyah!"  She shouted as she flexed.  "Eat that Dusk!  Me.  Little miss nerd is a sex champ extraordinare!"

We all stared at her, no one saying a word as she strutted off.

In an unknown location, Dusk let out a sneeze...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next