Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+9
Stringtheory
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Kippershy
CamoBadger
Harmony Ltd.
13 posters

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 23 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Meleagridis wrote:That farmland thing is interesting. If I remember correctly, the forest has been expanding since even before the war, yes? So they could either hold a line at the edge of the woods and fight a war with nature forever, or strike the same deal that keeps the Cathedral safe.
FYI, the "deal" that keeps Cathedral safe from being re-absorbed into the everfree forest involve large quantities of magical napalm.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 23 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:30 pm

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 23 346876__safe_official_timber%2Bwolf_t-dash-shirt_everfree_shirtpunch
http://derpiboo.ru/346876

Seems relevant. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:16 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
I think that you meant to say "clears" instead of "years".  If not, I don't understand the question.  If you did, though, well, the number one reason that occurs to me: a bunker isn't mobile.  It's very sturdy, but, if something that could get through it is approaching , there's nothing that can be done.  A boat is more vulnerable, but it can attempt to move away from dangers.  If the boat is a submarine, even better; its defense approaches much closer to a bunker's, it retains its mobility, and it is potentially even more secret than a bunker (a bunker has to have an entrance, no matter how camouflaged it may be, but a submarine, if its existence is even known, has all the world's oceans to hide itself in).

Thanks! Submarine sounds best for this.
(By radiation years I mean post-war, the time collectively recognized as Fallout derived. Er, Sorry.)

O.Hinds wrote:
…Wouldn't the ship/boat (Which is it?  I'd advise you to make it a submarine, of course.) stay away from Elusive City?  Actually, unless it was launched in the Marediterranean, would it be in the Mareditteranean at all, due to having to pass through the Strait of Gibhalter?

possible introduction:
I'll get back on the launch location afterwards.

O.Hinds wrote:
…I'm now thinking of Kryten's spare parts shelves.  It might be something like that, actually.  Or possibly Mr. Handys just have anti-rust enchantments.  I'm not sure.

Well it's the former now, thanks to Red Dwarf. Though obviously Rusty won't have spare heads to talk to. Also, would this more likely be a zebra project or pony project?

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, and regarding the potential Banner-Guai deal, something I thought of: the Banner freeing all its slaves would also mean that all the criminals it had acquired will be set loose again (unless they choose to join the Banner) and that justice in the Moojave is back to having no long-term punishments other than death.  Another facet of complexity to consider.

O.Hinds wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here.  I also think that I may myself have been a bit unclear with my question/idea.  Basically, it occurred to me that, if having the Guai on the Banner's side in a conflict with the NCR, or at least not having them against the Banner, seemed like enough of an advantage, the Banner ceasing to be slavers could be on the bargaining table.  I imagine that getting that would be quite a coup for Papa Guai.

Basically I'm trying to say that the deal would be torture for Papa Guai. He doesn't want to see the world in shades of grey. He would prefer to have the entire Banner executed for their past involvement in even minimal slavery, and maybe some of the people that helped them, too. But the plain and simple fact is that if the Banner is genuinely willing to forfeit slavery in exchange for Guai support then Papa Guai would be damning his own people if he refused. Rose Eye is the closest thing he has to a slaver icon in the Moojave, it would be like Rose having to accept a deal from Homage or other big Pippite because the alternative would be unacceptable.

O. Hinds wrote:...Maybe the signal was from a wrecked ship in the river, the transmitter drawing power from an emergency wind turbine?

I was rather puzzled about where a PR radio signal would be coming from in the Moojave, and then it occurred to me that perhaps a ship from the Final Assault had "sunk" in a shallow part of the river, effectively becoming a rusting metal island.  Main power would be offline, of course, since, even if the machinery is working and unflooded, the ship's probably out of fuel, but I can see it having a small wind generator deployable in emergencies.  That's not enough to put out tremendously strong signal, but Stridula and Iaci could probably rig something up (waterwheel?) to boost it a bit more.  Yet another reason to move to the Encowmpment, though; having a full reactor behind the transmitters will be much better.

This would be perfect. And... maybe you're right about notes.

O.Hinds wrote:
Huh.  Where was the bomb intended for?

I'm not entirely certain. There isn't much worth a Pink Cloud bomb in the Moojave, so the bomber would have to be intercepted en route. I sort of envisioned one of the world's unluckiest zebras getting accident after accident until he wound up in the stable.

I forget, did the balefire bomb in FoE (the one Silver Bell had) ever get explained? I remember that popped up somewhere in these forums but I don't recall what happened.

O.Hinds wrote:After the radboom?  Oh, the one in the Battle of Fillydelphia.  Slightly odd way of marking the time, but it works here.  I'm not entirely sure.  The still-forming Banner would have first arrived in the Moojave less than a month after the Battle of Fillydelphia, Rose Eye (or possibly still Red Rose at this point) having Moover South in her sights from Red Eye's scouting reports.  They make their "offer" to Westside… The repairs to the bridge take maybe another monthish… Clearing the raiders would be pretty easy, but then there're repairs, clearing land for farming… They'd probably be finished moving in by a year after the radboom, at least.

Is it so strange? Cite all the technology and governments 'till the Cows come home, but the most precious resource unearthed over the course of that adventure was hope. And the radboom was the first glimpse of it since before the war. Take a little green out of there and what do you have? Sunshine and Rainbows.

Just occurred to me that some foal somewhere probably got a radboom buttmark that day.

O.Hinds wrote:
…Iiiiinteresting.  I am quite curious regarding the history of these devices and why they were at Littlehorn (which you still haven't named but I am now assuming; you've not denied it either, after all)..

Yeah, I guess at this point I'm not really going to think of it as another school. As for the medicine, that was present before Cobstown was the former Littlehorn, so why it is in a school will have to be largely retroactive and-

Waitasecond. Wasn't Littlehorn agent a proto-pink cloud? Wouldn't Littlehorn be half as toxic as Canterlot?

DarkBright39 wrote:You know what would be cool? If someone made a timeline of both the main FOE fic and PH. Major events, characters, nice lines.

Harder than it sounds, but I think there is one floating around... somewhere.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Waitasecond. Wasn't Littlehorn agent a proto-pink cloud? Wouldn't Littlehorn be half as toxic as Canterlot?
Yes it was a proto Pink Cloud. No it probably wouldn't still be toxic. Or at least not exhibiting the characteristic properties of the agent known as "Pink Cloud".

The reason why is that the "Pink Cloud" agent, even if it has a long active life as far as anyone can tell, still eventually decay into an inactive form.

The reason why Canterlot was still as toxic two full centuries after the agent got released as it was that day, is because the pink cloud generation talisman had been absorbed by the dragon known as "Mouse", who continually released fresh pink cloud agent with each breath.

In the case of Littlehorn, two hundred and ten years after the agent got released would be enough for the it to have decayed to acceptable levels of toxicity.

Doesn't mean the place would be completely harmless, but at least it would mean not getting your flesh fused to the floor or some freaky shit like that.

Unrelated, but you might want to use the not-WYSIWYG mode of the text editor, as it seems the mode you are currently using is adding unnecessary lines at the end of a quote block.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:22 pm

@Meleagridis:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Meleagridis wrote:And then I read further and there is Thunderhead. Completely forgot about that. It is in the Everfree?
Yes, the Overcast went down during the GPE attack on the Cathedral.

Meleagridis wrote:Thanks! Submarine sounds best for this.
(By radiation years I mean post-war, the time collectively recognized as Fallout derived. Er, Sorry.)
Ah, thanks. It occurs to me now that I haven't had a name for that period; "pre-SR" technically also include "pre-apocalypse".

Meleagridis wrote:
possible introduction:
…How did a crab get into the engine room?

Regarding the whole thing: First, Hahahaha! Second: …Ah. The robot was only told to steer the boat away from foreign influences. Absolutely nothing about not sending out radio broadcasts. :D Of course, the robot would then have to steer the ship away from any return broadcasts, but it sounds like that hasn't been a problem.

As for what Elusive City would think about this, well, it depends on whether the city's in range. Though if the Rusty's Rig signal is picked up by an Alliance, particularly Elusive Company, ship, an ARCANN relay, or the like (which would range from very likely to pretty much impossible, depending on just where the Rig is at the time), Elusive would likely send something out to investigate and see if communication could be established. Unless the Company's found the access codes, though (or, possibly, unless Rusty's Rig was built and programmed by APE), he probably couldn't clear the Rig to return. He might start looking, though.

Meleagridis wrote:Well it's the former now, thanks to Red Dwarf. Though obviously Rusty won't have spare heads to talk to.

Meleagridis wrote:Also, would this more likely be a zebra project or pony project?
Oh, pony; that's what I was assuming. To begin with, I don't think that the PR had stasis technology (not entirely sure, though they almost certainly didn't have the Equestrian design). PR reactor technology was also much inferior to Equestrian; the navis-s were diesel-electric. I think that the PR did have more submarines, but their submarines had poorer endurance (though were superior in some other ways). Also, if I have the Last Laugh in headcanon (not entirely sure if I do, though), there's precedent for an ultra-long-endurance Equestrian submarine meant to survive an apocalypse. I also doubt that the PR called their Mr. Handy equivalents "Mr. Handy" and gave them Trottingham accents. :) (Though, seriously, if you'll permit me to go Doylist for a moment to add an additional reason, imagine writing that speech above in Latin.)

Meleagridis wrote:Basically I'm trying to say that the deal would be torture for Papa Guai. He doesn't want to see the world in shades of grey. He would prefer to have the entire Banner executed for their past involvement in even minimal slavery, and maybe some of the people that helped them, too. But the plain and simple fact is that if the Banner is genuinely willing to forfeit slavery in exchange for Guai support then Papa Guai would be damning his own people if he refused. Rose Eye is the closest thing he has to a slaver icon in the Moojave, it would be like Rose having to accept a deal from Homage or other big Pippite because the alternative would be unacceptable.
Ah, I see; thank you for the clarification.

And yes. Accept the deal, and, on the one hoof, everyone finds out that the Banner valued the support of the Cow Guai enough to stop slaving for them. That's a big victory for the Guai all around. On the other, it means basically granting the Banner full amnesty for their past slaving; the pony beside you today was sneering over a field of forced labor yesterday, and you're supposed to think that that's okay just because they've promised not to do it anymore? On the third hoof, don't accept the deal and you'll be cementing an adversarial relationship between the Guai and the Banner ("We offer all this and you still won't settle things peacefully? So be it."). And even without the NCR in the picture, the Banner is much more popular in the Moojave than the Guai are, and even the anti-slavery locals are likely to dislike the Guai more due to this ("They offered to stop slaving and you turned them down? Do you actually really care about slaves at all, or is it just an excuse for fighting?"). But the fourth hoof is that the Guai keep their principles intact that way.

Yikes. I had not realized just how complicated this deal would be. Fun to watch from this side of the monitor, though. :D

Meleagridis wrote:This would be perfect.
Ah, nice!

Meleagridis wrote:I'm not entirely certain. There isn't much worth a Pink Cloud bomb in the Moojave, so the bomber would have to be intercepted en route. I sort of envisioned one of the world's unluckiest zebras getting accident after accident until he wound up in the stable.
Huh. A disguised zebra, I assume. Anyway, it does seem rather important to work out what the bomb was intended for; Pink Cloud was a relatively niche weapon, capable of being extremely effective in the right circumstances but lacking the universal applicability of a balefire bomb.

Meleagridis wrote:I forget, did the balefire bomb in FoE (the one Silver Bell had) ever get explained? I remember that popped up somewhere in these forums but I don't recall what happened.
I don't think so. I've been assuming that it was a planted bomb that never got planted. I don't think that we even know where it was originally found.

Meleagridis wrote:Is it so strange? Cite all the technology and governments 'till the Cows come home, but the most precious resource unearthed over the course of that adventure was hope. And the radboom was the first glimpse of it since before the war. Take a little green out of there and what do you have? Sunshine and Rainbows.
…Huh, wow, you're right. The Day of Sunshine and Rainbows didn't actually start with the SPP… it started a few hours (don't remember the exact time, but we'll say hours) earlier with a certain enduring ghoul mare with derpy eyes.

Meleagridis wrote:Just occurred to me that some foal somewhere probably got a radboom buttmark that day.
:D

Meleagridis wrote:so why it is in a school will have to be largely retroactive and-
Yes? This is quite an important question; please do continue.

Meleagridis wrote:Waitasecond. Wasn't Littlehorn agent a proto-pink cloud? Wouldn't Littlehorn be half as toxic as Canterlot?
Nope. Remem--Oh, right. :) Anyway, firstly, the Littlehorn device seems to have been much smaller. Secondly, I don't think that that even matters, as Canterlot was, partly deliberately and partly accidentally, a highly unique circumstance. First, in Canterlot the cloud was contained by the shield, raising the concentration significantly beyond what it would usually be and forcing it into areas that it would otherwise stay out of. This is, after all, why the PR tricked Equestria into raising the shield in the first place and why they kept up the carefully choreographed dance of missiles to make sure that it stayed up. Secondly, the Canterlot bomb functioned for much longer than it was intended to; even if you don't share my headcanon that the three missiles that Celestia destroyed included a Pink Cloud counterspell, FoE (as quoted below) explicitly says that the Cloud was so bad in Canterlot in mostly due to being still replenished by the dragon. Now, there was likely no counterspell used at Littlehorn, but cloud produced by a smaller and already less-enduring device and left exposed to the elements for over a century and a half? Hey, there may even have been a cleanup attempt, at least enough to get in and get the bodies out (though… I'm now wondering if Littlehorn produced any Cloud ghouls… probably not, but isn't it an interesting idea?). By the time Papa Cow moved in, I wouldn't be too surprised if only an archaeologist could tell that Cloud had been there in the first place (though some of the deeper parts of the school might have elevated toxicity). Like I said above, Cloud is a niche weapon.
Kkat wrote:Calamity nodded.  “Well, seems the dragon digested the megaspell or somethin’.  It changed her, became part o’ her.  Right now, she’s asleep in the treasury, an’ she’s snoring Pink Cloud.”

Well fuckity-fuck.  I now understood how Canterlot’s Pink Cloud survived after centuries of week-long rains.  And why the Cloud was so dense in underground passages.  The cloud would have gotten into the secret passage, started eating away at its walls, and from there it would have gone… everywhere.  Sewers, tunnels, you name it.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Yes it was a proto Pink Cloud. No it probably wouldn't still be toxic. Or at least not exhibiting the characteristic properties of the agent known as "Pink Cloud".

The reason why is that the "Pink Cloud" agent, even if it has a long active life as far as anyone can tell, still eventually decay into an inactive form.

The reason why Canterlot was still as toxic two full centuries after the agent got released as it was that day, is because the pink cloud generation talisman had been absorbed by the dragon known as "Mouse", who continually released fresh pink cloud agent with each breath.

In the case of Littlehorn, two hundred and ten years after the agent got released would be enough for the it to have decayed to acceptable levels of toxicity.

Doesn't mean the place would be completely harmless, but at least it would mean not getting your flesh fused to the floor or some freaky shit like that.
Yes, that, though I'd go even farther and say that, while, yes, there's likely elevated danger above a totally clean site, Littlehorn is still less contaminated than most of the Equestrian Wasteland (though likely not most of the Moojave). Oh! Also, there ought to be no Taint there at all, since Littlehorn's abandonment predates Taint's creation.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Oh, yes, something that I forgot to address regarding the changelings:
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:57 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
FYI, the "deal" that keeps Cathedral safe from being re-absorbed into the everfree forest involve large quantities of magical napalm.
Cathedral's protection from the Everfree predates napalm... or guns, for that matter. Or am I mistaken in remembering that it was built on the castle in the forest? If I recall, the old home of two sisters.

But maybe I'm reading too much into the forest. It seems I misinterpreted Kkat a little on the 'malevolent shrubbery' thing. I can't recall the story exactly, just that it convinced me the forest was alive and unnatural, enough to actively oppose settling anywhere unprotected.

And I'll try and fix this extra indenting thing.
And I can't. What's WYSIWYG? That annoying thing that makes your quotes hard to edit? I keep that off.

O. Hinds wrote:…How did a crab get into the engine room?
Granny Smith put it there.

O. Hinds wrote:As for what Elusive City would think about this, well, it depends on whether the city's in range.  Though if the Rusty's Rig signal is picked up by an Alliance, particularly Elusive Company, ship, an ARCANN relay, or the like (which would range from very likely to pretty much impossible, depending on just where the Rig is at the time), Elusive would likely send something out to investigate and see if communication could be established.  Unless the Company's found the access codes, though (or, possibly, unless Rusty's Rig was built and programmed by APE), he probably couldn't clear the Rig to return.  He might start looking, though.
Now if they established communication, would Elusive try to locate the sub immediately? After the initial explosion of gratitude and lengthy babbling he would likely promise to convince the crew to return as soon as they emerged from stasis, so long as he had a way to relocate Elusive City.

Honestly, this isn't a setting thing so much as minor considerations for a little writing thingy. The prospect of some day joining Elusive City and the civilization it has rebuilt make an excellent long-term goal and achievable dream for Rusty, and the zebra ties make it all the better for #7 to fixate on.

My spelling is degrading now, and I can only assume my coherency will suffer similarly. I'll sign off and try again tomorrow.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:23 am

Meleagridis wrote:Granny Smith put it there.
…What?

Meleagridis wrote:Now if they established communication, would Elusive try to locate the sub immediately?
Well, it wouldn't exactly be difficult to locate its transmitter buoy, and a sonar sweep of the surrounding area could find the sub without a tremendous amount of trouble, probably. The key thing is whether the robot's programming would allow the sub to be found like that.

Meleagridis wrote:After the initial explosion of gratitude and lengthy babbling he would likely promise to convince the crew to return as soon as they emerged from stasis, so long as he had a way to relocate Elusive City.
…Sorry, but this is pretty much garbled beyond my ability to parse. Please resend.

Meleagridis wrote:Honestly, this isn't a setting thing so much as minor considerations for a little writing thingy. The prospect of some day joining Elusive City and the civilization it has rebuilt make an excellent long-term goal and achievable dream for Rusty, and the zebra ties make it all the better for #7 to fixate on.
Ooh, sounds interesting. Oh, and don't worry; Rusty wouldn't have to have Elusive installed.

Meleagridis wrote:My spelling is degrading now, and I can only assume my coherency will suffer similarly. I'll sign off and try again tomorrow.
Um, yeah, sorry. Everything but that middle bit looks fine, but given that I have pretty much no idea what the middle bit was trying to say… Anyway, goodnight!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:11 am

O. Hinds wrote:
…What?
What he mean is "a wizard did it".

O. Hinds wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:After the initial explosion of gratitude and lengthy babbling he would likely promise to convince the crew to return as soon as they emerged from stasis, so long as he had a way to relocate Elusive City.
…Sorry, but this is pretty much garbled beyond my ability to parse. Please resend.
He mean that "Rusty" (the ship's artificial intelligence) would put the crew out of stasis and try to convince them to rejoign Elusive City, as -they- have the authority to give Rusty the order to bypass its programming of avoiding getting close to other ships and civilization in general.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:25 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

…What?

Ah, that was purely a joke?

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

He mean that "Rusty" (the ship's artificial intelligence) would put the crew out of stasis and try to convince them to rejoign Elusive City, as -they- have the authority to give Rusty the order to bypass its programming of avoiding getting close to other ships and civilization in general.
...How... How did you decipher that?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:43 am

O. Hinds wrote:...How... How did you decipher that?
For all I like to joke about me being asocial, I -am- quite competent at the whole "social interactions" thing.

Also, it's past 10am here. I have the benefit of being relatively clear minded at this hour, which neither of you might be.

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, that was purely a joke?
As far as I can tell, yes.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:07 am

Meleagridis wrote:Cathedral's protection from the Everfree predates napalm... or guns, for that matter. Or am I mistaken in remembering that it was built on the castle in the forest? If I recall, the old home of two sisters.

But maybe I'm reading too much into the forest. It seems I misinterpreted Kkat a little on the 'malevolent shrubbery' thing. I can't recall the story exactly, just that it convinced me the forest was alive and unnatural, enough to actively oppose settling anywhere unprotected.

And I'll try and fix this extra indenting thing.
And I can't. What's WYSIWYG? That annoying thing that makes your quotes hard to edit? I keep that off.

Out of order :

- WYSIWYG : "What You See Is What You Get" => the editor mode without having to use tags, where you just select a bit of text and tell the thing how you want it to be formatted. You know, kind of like Word or Libre Office. But shittier.

- The Cathedral was built by Red Eye's forces over Stable 101, Red Eye's stable. As far as I know stable 101 wasn't anywhere near the old castle.

- Concerning the forest, my own headcanon was that, for one reason or another, the place got tainted long ago by starmetal contamination (maybe the EoS' starmetal, or maybe some other star's starmetal), and that this has led the lifeforms of the forest to get twisted and corrupted. The forest may also have been corrupted long ago by Discord and never truly fixed ("the everfree forest is all natural / the animals cares for themselves / the plants grow / and the clouds move / all on their own !"). The two aren't mutually exclusive. But in short I don't think the forest itself has a mind of its own, rather that everything in it has been corrupted and become wicked, which the fallout from the war didn't help. There may also be some mystical elements at play, as the world became more and more chaotic, vicious, and lost its harmony, so did the forest. Or at least if it isn't what happened, that could do a good tale / legend...

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:07 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:...How... How did you decipher that?

For all I like to joke about me being asocial, I -am- quite competent at the whole "social interactions" thing.

Also, it's past 10am here. I have the benefit of being relatively clear minded at this hour, which neither of you might be.

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, that was purely a joke?

As far as I can tell, yes.
Well, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:10 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:As far as I know stable 101 wasn't anywhere near the old castle.
Nope, sorry:
Kkat wrote:“Stable 101 was built within the Everfree Forest itself.”  The looks and gasps were exactly what I expected.   “Apparently, there used to be an old castle on a safe patch of land in the middle of the place.  That’s where Stable-Tec built their last completed Stable.”
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:23 am

Welp. My bad.

At least this open yet other interesting possibilities of "strange things happening" in Cathedral.

"Ja ! Ja ! Tantibus F'tha'gn !"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:07 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Welp. My bad.

At least this open yet other interesting possibilities of "strange things happening" in Cathedral.

"Ja ! Ja ! Tantibus F'tha'gn !"
Tantibus?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:37 am

latin for "nightmare" according to google
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:45 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:latin for "nightmare" according to google
Ah.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:24 am

You know,

if you wanted to have a Dunwitch Building / Point Lookout style questline,

The Everfree and Cathedral could be a good candidate.

After all, as far as anyone knows there could very actually be ancient evil lurking around that place.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:31 am

Hell..

- You have the Children of Cathedral worshipping some kind of god, and even if they are harmless and actually helpful mebers of the community you can't quite shake the feeling of unease you experience around them.

- You have the various companies of trappers, with their secrets, and all these rumors and bar stories about the weird things they've seen deep inside the forest.

- You have that ominous downed thunderhead not far from the settlement towering over the surrounding, and with people you never see going outside doing who know what inside;

- Not far away there's this crater the Children of the Cathedral worship, supposedly to awaken their god sleeping under it ; and sometimes you see soldiers of the NCR walking around it with strange equipment at night...

- Then there's the forest itself, and the people who regularly disappear in it never to be seen again...

Yeah, there's a lot of potential for horror stories.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:33 am

(hinted at : the possibility of the NCR trying to reverse-engineer the IMP, as Cathedal isn't far away from Maripony as well. Which in all honesty could be the least bad part of the experiments they could be doing in that thunderhead...)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 am

Hey Hinds, your thoughts on this ? :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespa_150_TAP

Spark-batteries for the scooters movement. Not necessarily a recoilless gun, it could also be a machinegun, or something else.

Light enough to load a pair (one to move the gun itself, and the other to move the ammunitions) on a sky chariot moved by a single pegasus.

For rapid-reaction forces, where mobility and reactivity is the key element.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:57 am

This remind me that airlift capabilities through sky-chariot would be an important component of the NCR's tactics and strategies.

Literally, airborne cavalry. Spike

" I love the smell of napalm in the morning... Smells like victory. "
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:49 am

1 sky chariot carried by a pegasus, carrying a whole fire-team (5 soldiers). 4 chariot to move a whole squad.

Accompanied by 1 or 2 wings (1 wing = 1 fire-team = 5 soldiers) of pegasus/griffin combined teams to ensure air superiority and airborne fire support.

Combined warfare rules.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 am

Pegasi / griffins equipped with 2 kilograms grenades / bomblets to drop on the enemy.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:You know,

After all, as far as anyone knows there could very actually be ancient evil lurking around that place.
>Dunwich

Fuck. that.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:12 pm

I take it you're not a fan of that questline ? Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:You know,

I've read a bit about those, but I've still not gotten Fo3 running.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hell..

- You have the Children of Cathedral worshipping some kind of god, and even if they are harmless and actually helpful mebers of the community you can't quite shake the feeling of unease you experience around them.

- You have the various companies of trappers, with their secrets, and all these rumors and bar stories about the weird things they've seen deep inside the forest.

- You have that ominous downed thunderhead not far from the settlement towering over the surrounding, and with people you never see going outside doing who know what inside;

- Not far away there's this crater the Children of the Cathedral worship, supposedly to awaken their god sleeping under it ; and sometimes you see soldiers of the NCR walking around it with strange equipment at night...

- Then there's the forest itself, and the people who regularly disappear in it never to be seen again...

Yeah, there's a lot of potential for horror stories.

:D

Harmony Ltd. wrote:(hinted at : the possibility of the NCR trying to reverse-engineer the IMP, as Cathedal isn't far away from Maripony as well. Which in all honesty could be the least bad part of the experiments they could be doing in that thunderhead...)

The NCR.  Is trying to make, in a lab.  The blood of a chaos god.

I see no possible way that this could go horribly, horribly wrong.  Nope, not a one!  Crazy

I mean, I'm pretty sure that they'll fail, but even their failures could be terrifying.  And if they somehow succeeded…

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hey Hinds, your thoughts on this ? :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespa_150_TAP

Spark-batteries for the scooters movement. Not necessarily a recoilless gun, it could also be a machinegun, or something else.

Light enough to load a pair (one to move the gun itself, and the other to move the ammunitions) on a sky chariot moved by a single pegasus.

For rapid-reaction forces, where mobility and reactivity is the key element.

Nice.  I'm not sure how good they'd be against the Alliance, but against foes without massive firepower and/or precision-aimed computerized weapons systems…

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This remind me that airlift capabilities through sky-chariot would be an important component of the NCR's tactics and strategies.

Literally, airborne cavalry. Spike

" I love the smell of napalm in the morning... Smells like victory. "

Harmony Ltd. wrote:1 sky chariot carried by a pegasus, carrying a whole fire-team (5 soldiers). 4 chariot to move a whole squad.

Accompanied by 1 or 2 wings (1 wing = 1 fire-team = 5 soldiers) of pegasus/griffin combined teams to ensure air superiority and airborne fire support.

Combined warfare rules.

Nice!  The example you give is one area in which the NCR, even the early NCR, likely has some advantage over the Alliance.  Alliance Fourpairs (think Mi-24s, recall) can fulfill somewhat the same role, but they're more expensive and less flexible (and potentially less stealthy).  This is one of the reasons why the Alliance is so eager to get Las Pegasus and other ex-GPE pegasi; Fourpairs have their advantages over sky chariots and the like, but currently the Alliance have to use Fourpairs even in situations where sky chariots would be more useful.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:I would watch the hell out of this.
Alas, I fear such a thing is not to be, my friend.
It will always exist... in our hearts.
And maybe a fanfiction.
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
…What?
She snuck it in there just after she left The Core for the second time.
(Yes it was a joke)
Harmony Ltd. wrote:He means that "Rusty" (the ship's artificial intelligence) would put the crew out of stasis and try to convince them to rejoin Elusive City, as -they- have the authority to give Rusty the order to bypass its programming of avoiding getting close to other ships and civilization in general.
Yep. Well, mostly yep. Rusty can't take the crew out of stasis on his own. They are on a timer or some sort of release parameter that he doesn't have access to. His promise would be that he would try to convince the crew to bring the sub (and him) to Elusive City once they were free from stasis.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:He means that "Rusty" (the ship's artificial intelligence) would put the crew out of stasis and try to convince them to rejoin Elusive City, as -they- have the authority to give Rusty the order to bypass its programming of avoiding getting close to other ships and civilization in general.

Yep. Well, mostly yep. Rusty can't take the crew out of stasis on his own. They are on a timer or some sort of release parameter that he doesn't have access to. His promise would be that he would try to convince the crew to bring the sub (and him) to Elusive City once they were free from stasis.

Ah, thanks.
Though... It occurs to me: how well-coded are Rusty's orders?  Because Elusive does have some experience breaking safeguards.  There might not be a good enough connection for that, though.

By the way, I'm now, you probably won't be surprised to hear, curious about what the release parameter is. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next