Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+4
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Vinylshadow
Harmony Ltd.
8 posters

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions Empty [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Probably released to the surface.

Or maybe even not. Feral ghouls don't seem to be aggressive toward non-feral ghouls. So it's possible there may be a place in the stable where feral ghouls enjoy "retirement" (the most cynical may think about unleashing them in the Stable in case raiders were to breach the door and try to invade it).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Releasing Feral Ghouls would explain some Ghoul population problems some ponies have to deal with

Random Pony comes up to stable, sees them releasing Feral Ghouls, decides to call his/her/its friends together to raid stable

chaos ensues, random Ghoul pony escapes, goes on zany adventures that involve a tube sock haunted by the ghost of Lyra, a smart Timberwolf and a deranged Zony
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Given the ghouls from the Geneighva stable, like any other ghouls, have lost the ability to reproduce, after the weakest elements go feral, I expect that almost no non-feral would turn feral; in effect, that if you didn't snap in the first ten years, odds are that you will not snap unless put under really adverse conditions.

So the conjunction of both these factors would not allow for that stable to be a steady supply of ghouls on the surface - a few hundreds at the very worst in the span of two centuries.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:44 am

Unless there was cloning involved
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:34 am

Got myself wondering...

By 30 SR, the surface of Geneighva is not only clear from radiation and pollution, it's also set in a place that must be pretty nice to live in.

I wonder what may be Geneighva's take on immigration?

I mean, it's a place not far from the NCR, that is not the NCR, and which offer a quality of life that is at least equal to that of the NCR (I'd rate it somewhere between Junction City -dense urban landscape without urban planning but offering lot of services- and Elusive City -in the future everything will be an iPod- in term of quality of life).

I can see a number of people, rich or poor, wanting to move there.

And this really start to drive home the idea of that place acting like the Switzerland of the setting. And the tensions this may raise between the NCR and Geneighva, when the former wants to """protect""" the later, while the later not only would be happy being left alone, it also welcome people that the NCR may consider as deserter, tax evaders, or worse.

Interesting place for a number of intrigues to take place. Especially when the Noble Republic is essentially run by what could be perceived as Megacorps.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Exhaustive screening process that screens out "bad" ponies so that only truly "good" ponies live there, shielded from the true reality of the Wasteland by some kind of holographic projection that hides the ugliness of the Wasteland

Powered by Unicorns who are bred in a Stable under the City

an entire city, living in a lie
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:57 pm

This wouldn't fit with what we've established thus far about Geneighva.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:23 pm

Fair enough

A peaceful city in a war-torn Wasteland rarely stays that way for long though
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Things have changed in the 30 years that followed the day of Sunshine and Rainbows. The Wasteland is a lot more organized than it was, and civilization is making a come-back in full force.

Maybe I should work on some sort of document to explain the most major points to the newcomers to this thread, given we're about to start a third (!) one.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Sounds like a good idea

Are we calling it the NER or NCR?

New Equestria Republic
New Coltfornia Republic
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:01 pm

It is, and has always been, the New Canterlot Republic.

New Canterlot being built over and around what was the Shattered Hoof Correctional Facility.

WIP New Canterlot map (Junction City, built over what was Junction R-7, sits on the south, at the junction of the area's major roads)

NCR Map and Geography

Greater Manehatten Metropolitan Area (can't remember where I put that damned map, must somewhere in this thread)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Looks good
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Hinds, what's the name of the Rose Banner's settlement again?

I seem to remember the place's old name is something like "Moover Line, central fort" or something like that, and that the two other forts are currently known as "Westside" and "The Encowpment", but I can't remember exactly the current name of that one.

"Fort Rose"? Seems too obvious.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:36 pm

By the way, is there something worth noting in 30 SR in the area of Dawn Bay? Or has the area been overtaken by the Highlanders?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Harmony wrote:Got myself wondering...

By 30 SR, the surface of Geneighva is not only clear from radiation and pollution, it's also set in a place that must be pretty nice to live in.

I wonder what may be Geneighva's take on immigration?

I mean, it's a place not far from the NCR, that is not the NCR, and which offer a quality of life that is at least equal to that of the NCR (I'd rate it somewhere between Junction City -dense urban landscape without urban planning but offering lot of services- and Elusive City -in the future everything will be an iPod- in term of quality of life).

I can see a number of people, rich or poor, wanting to move there.

And this really start to drive home the idea of that place acting like the Switzerland of the setting. And the tensions this may raise between the NCR and Geneighva, when the former wants to """protect""" the later, while the later not only would be happy being left alone, it also welcome people that the NCR may consider as deserter, tax evaders, or worse.

Interesting place for a number of intrigues to take place. Especially when the Noble Republic is essentially run by what could be perceived as Megacorps.
Interesting idea, yes.

Harmony wrote:NCR Map and Geography
Harmony wrote:Greater Manehatten Metropolitan Area
These aren't displaying for me; I just get big gray boxes.

Harmony wrote:(can't remember where I put that damned map, must somewhere in this thread)
Looks like this page.

Harmony wrote:Hinds, what's the name of the Rose Banner's settlement again?
Thornbush.

Harmony wrote:I seem to remember the place's old name is something like "Moover Line, central fort" or something like that, and that the two other forts are currently known as "Westside" and "The Encowpment", but I can't remember exactly the current name of that one.
Thornbush was Moover Line South (I think that that was the naming scheme I was using, at least), Westside Moover Line West, and the Encowmpment Moover Line East.

Harmony wrote:By the way, is there something worth noting in 30 SR in the area of Dawn Bay? Or has the area been overtaken by the Highlanders?
Given that it's tied by both Xanthe and the Highlanders to PH, I don't know.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:04 pm

I'm also a bit worried about all the blank space on the Southern Continent, particularly near the PR border, but I don't have any good ideas for filling it at the moment.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:01 am

Just had a funny thought...

Remember I had said before that Calamity had earned a high rank in the NCR's armed orces during the Bitter War, and that he is still in function to that day.

Given his standing, he would probably be general.

"General Calamity"

Talk about names to run away from.

Also, I think I have found just the perfect name to name Littlepip's organization dedicated to finding and protecting the Elements of Harmony (the people and the trinkets):

The Knights of Harmony

[cornyness intensifies]

A semi-secret society, with a public façade and a number of hidden agents, which may not be above committing some dirty things in the name of the Greater Good.

Illuminati-mode: engage! (especially when led by someone people call "the Lightbringer")
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:29 am

O. Hinds wrote:The Miliozi grew from one of the few successful PR invasion of the Equestrian Peninsula during the Final Assault.
Does that mean other beachhead were successfully established during the final assault?

Could it be Neighorleans shtick? Only that the place wasn't as successful as Masozi, the zebra just having barely managed to assault and seize a stable or two in the area, badly damaging them in the process?

That could be an interesting explanation behind the existence of the Remnants.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:17 am

Harmony wrote:"General Calamity"

Talk about names to run away from.
:D

Harmony wrote:Also, I think I have found just the perfect name to name Littlepip's organization dedicated to finding and protecting the Elements of Harmony (the people and the trinkets):

The Knights of Harmony

[cornyness intensifies]

A semi-secret society, with a public façade and a number of hidden agents, which may not be above committing some dirty things in the name of the Greater Good.

Illuminati-mode: engage! (especially when led by someone people call "the Lightbringer")
Also :D

Harmony wrote:Does that mean other beachhead were successfully established during the final assault?

Could it be Neighorleans shtick? Only that the place wasn't as successful as Masozi, the zebra just having barely managed to assault and seize a stable or two in the area, badly damaging them in the process?

That could be an interesting explanation behind the existence of the Remnants.
…Argh, there's a typo sitting right there.
Anyway, yes, the few other successful invasions either joined the Miliozi or joined/became the Remnant (and we need to be careful about that s; the Remnants are Enclave, remember); the ancestors of the Miliozi were by far the most successful. Though some members of the Remnant might dispute that, and the two organizations, even before the Miliozi joined the Alliance, have different philosophies. The Miliozi have focused much more on building up their population, industry, technology, etc. and on maintaining a disciplined nation; the Remnant are much more loose and decentralized (as I'm thinking, at least; PH is still a significant influence), held together more by perceived pressure from their Eternal War than by internal order. They do have a military command structure, of course, but the average member of the Remnant military is much less martial than the average Miliozi. And the Remnant has real civilians. I think that maybe the difference could be seen in the light of the Remnant living as a part of the Wasteland and the Miliozi building a fortress to keep it out.
Of course, this is before whatever the ending of PH does to them, or the things in PH between now and then.

I'm not sure about Neighorleans.

Actually, now that I think about it, if a Remnant state does form, it might actually be a genuine democracy. Whatever PH does to them, I assume that it will remove their upper command structure (I don't have a real Starkatteri equivalent, but that doesn't mean that Vitiosus couldn't be a cultist). Since they were also the most fanatical and the great changes in the world have shaken the Eternal War doctrine, the old power structure might well crumble if it didn't get the consent of the governed.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:07 am

Just thought that the the NCR may have a few honest to goodness airships patrolling its various borders, with a squad or two of flyers on board.

Probably armed with a battery of 20mm auto-canons to offer support fire.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:10 am

Also thinking that the NCR may be offering raw materials, food and other favors to the Enclave Remnants in Friedrichshorfen so that it builds new Raptors for the NCR.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:38 am

Remind me again:

Ditzy Doo's shop was called "Almost Everything", right? Or was it something else?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:09 pm

It's called "Absolutely Everything" according to Fallout Equestria

Empty southern border you say?

Which way were the Buffalo?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:22 pm

Harmony wrote:Just thought that the the NCR may have a few honest to goodness airships patrolling its various borders, with a squad or two of flyers on board.

Probably armed with a battery of 20mm auto-canons to offer support fire.
Like this?:
Source
Oh, wait, you said "a squad or two".
Perhaps a militarized version of this?:
I'm not sure how appropriate these really are, but I like throwing links to that site around.  :)

Harmony wrote:Also thinking that the NCR may be offering raw materials, food and other favors to the Enclave Remnants in Friedrichshorfen so that it builds new Raptors for the NCR.
Hm, maybe, but I'm not sure they would have started with Raptors.  It depends on if they've been able to preserve the knowledge of how to build them; if not, they'd have to redevelop it based on their knowledge of repairing Raptors.

Harmony wrote:Remind me again:

Ditzy Doo's shop was called "Almost Everything", right? Or was it something else?
Aye.  Remember, http://nallar.me/fics is often a good resource for looking this sort of thing up.

Vinylshadow wrote:Empty southern border you say?
…Where did he say that?

Vinylshadow wrote:Which way were the Buffalo?
They were a stateless nation, I think.  Nowadays, IIRC, they're in the Moojave.
Oh!  That reminds me.  Harmony, I've shared the doc link with Meleagridis.
edit: It reminded me to share the link, that is, not to tell you about something I already did. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:17 pm

I've updated my maps of both Equestria and Zebrica.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:29 pm

I was hoping to maybe get the Southern Kingdom and Germaney (what I'm in the process of coming up with to lie over the PR's eastern border) ready for posting today, but I'm a bit low on time. Ah well.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:14 am

I'll need to get Mel' email adress in order to make him an editor.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:35 am

Harmony wrote:I'll need to get Mel' email adress in order to make him an editor.
Um.  I already made him an editor.  I'm not sure you can set it to prevent editors from changing most of the sharing settings, sorry.

Anyway, I managed to get Germaney out today after all!
What think you of this?:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 am

You ought to be able to get his email from the sharing information, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:07 am

Okay. I'll see about it this evening.

Re Germaneigh: I get a very distinct feeling of "here is why this very large tract of land cannot be relevant" from it.

Though this may be interesting in the future...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next