Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+9
Stringtheory
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Kippershy
CamoBadger
Harmony Ltd.
13 posters

Page 14 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 14 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 27, 2013 5:26 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:In that "far future" era I was envisioning, the Equestrian peninsula (and the Alliance and the rest of the world with it) would have benefited from a new industrial revolution based on three key aspects :

- The ability to extract elements in their purest form from everything from raw dirt to recycled materials with the use of the arcano-technologic devices I mentioned earliers (the ones which exist in Stalliongrad's underground facilities, and which the Institute & the Twilight Society might get in their minds to reproduce)
- Robots & automated manufacturing.
- The ability to produce huge amounts of cheap and sustainable energy ("nuclear" & solar power, among others).

Which would give it most of the attributes to be considered as a "post-scarcity" society.

And the best part is that all of this has already seeds in wartime Equestria, and to some extent in the "curent" NCR. And would fit with the theme that Wartime Equestria had already all the tool to be self-sufficient, free from the need of foreign resources, but that it had let itself get sucked into the war.

I may have thought of having this general theme for that era. Luna

I mean, heh, a Civilization that nuked itself to hell and back, but which not only managed to rebuild and unite, but also managed to build an utopian future society, and is now looking toward space ? Sounds familiar ? Twilight Sparkle
:D
I'm still not prepared to heavily speculate on that era, given the vast unknowns, but it's certainly an interesting idea. Hey, if nothing else, maybe the NCR made a version of Star Trek in-universe as propaganda with an alien civilization definitely not standing in for the Alliance (a la the Klingon Empire for the USSR, in the common interpretation) and some token zebra crewmembers on the ship (a la Mr. Chekov, and yes, the Alliance has a lot of ponies in it too while the NCR has a zebra minority, but it's easier to show stripes for foreign-ness). Except, of course, that they've already had the apocalyptic war. :)

...Though "The ability to extract elements in their purest form from everything from raw dirt to..." made me think of this.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 14 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon May 27, 2013 5:38 am

Or they could just nuke themselves again. History repeating itself and all that. And if I'm not mistaken Earth managed to do that three times before the Federation was formed.

Last edited by StoneSlinger88 on Mon May 27, 2013 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 27, 2013 5:43 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:Or they could just nuke themselves again. History repeating itself and all that.
True. The Alliance could restart SACII production at pretty much any time, Elusive is having fully automated cast megaspell systems developed, the NCR already has Celestia One, and I bet that they'll be trying to get any salvaged megaspell chambers back up and running as soon as possible. Sure, C.A.R.E. didn't work last time, but they've never tried it when there wasn't already a hot war on.

Let's hope that that doesn't happen, though; if people are starting to see apocalypses wiping their civilizations out as an IRL cliche, something's wrong.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 5:53 am

In the "current day", though I was thinking that the NCR would be far from an utopia. Judge for yourself :

- Heavy military / police presence in the streets [1] : check
- Extensive security and intelligence apparatus [2] : check
- Labor camps [3] : double-check
- The fact that it's still better than the previous situation : triple-check

[1] : Though they are conscripts doing their service for the most part. Better than to be assigned to frontier and frontline units...
[2] : These re-collectors sure do come in handy. ... You are now imagining the pony NKVD.
[3] : See point [2]. But mostly, it's for raiders who preferred to be "reformed" rather than to choose the alternative of summary execution.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 5:57 am

O. Hinds wrote:Let's hope that that doesn't happen, though; if people are starting to see apocalypses wiping their civilizations out as an IRL cliche, something's wrong.
*raspy voice N°1* "Well, shit, looks like we're due for another one."
*raspy voice N°2* "Oh bother. I had plans for this century."
*normal voice N°1* "Uhm... You all seem to be taking that pretty well ?..."
*raspy voice N°3* "It's always painful the first time, but after a while you get used to it."

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon May 27, 2013 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 6:01 am

Re "Fallout Equestria : Star Trek" :

Ghouls in Space Twilight crazy
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 6:04 am

Suddenly wondering : Do ghoullification do something against PTSD ? Or is it just the fear of "going feral" that hold them together ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon May 27, 2013 6:07 am

PTSD is a very finicky condition. Ghouls with their minds intact probably have managed to find ways of coping, but after a while their minds just become too worn-down and they eventually lose it.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 6:09 am

Would explain why the ghouls to have lived for several centuries would also be the most... detached, somehow.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 27, 2013 6:11 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:In the "current day", though I was thinking that the NCR would be far from an utopia.
Oh, of course. :)

Harmony Ltd. wrote:[1] : Though they are conscripts doing their service for the most part. Still better than being assigned to border duty...
I can imagine. "Hello, new conscript assigned to border duty! Yes, I know that you'd really rather not be in the army at all, but look on the bright side! There's a small chance that you'll get lucky and, instead of being put on the border with the lands for of monsters and raiders, be posted on the border with San Fra-- Ah, with what the political officer has just reminded me must be referred to as 'Miliozi' for diplomatic reasons! There, you'll be very very bored but not allowed to look like it. Unless of course the Alliance decides to attack us, in which case your cheap rifle and long weeks of basic training will be up against zebra soldiers trained from birth to kill you using everything from their bare hooves to their air-launched tactical balefire missiles! Aren't you proud to be a soldier of the NCR?"

Harmony Ltd. wrote:[2] : These re-collectors sure do come in handy. You are now imagining the pony NKVD.
Long live our glorious land of freedom! Ask anypony on the street (well, anypony who hasn't been drafted) if they're happier living here than with the mandatorily-military Miliozi! Ask them if they're happier owning their own businesses (subject to our approval and possible control, of course) instead of merely being allowed to manage and profit from subsidiaries of the Elusive company! See what they say! No, really, see what they say, and be sure to report anyone who doesn't say "Yes and yes"…just in case. :)

Harmony Ltd. wrote:[3] : See point [2]. But mostly, it's for raiders who preferred to be "reformed" rather than to choose the alternative of summary execution.
Hm, that could help recruitment for the Rose Banner. Of course, then the ex-raiders get there and find out that they've basically volunteered for a slightly different labor camp, but by that point it's too late. :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 27, 2013 6:15 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:*raspy voice N°1* "Well, shit, looks like we're due for another one."
*raspy voice N°2* "Oh bother. I had plans for this century."
*normal voice N°1* "Uhm... You all seem to be taking that pretty well ?..."
*raspy voice N°3* "It's always painful the first time, but after a while you get used to it."
Hah!

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Re "Fallout Equestria : Star Trek" :

Ghouls in Space Twilight crazy
Again, hah!
*raspy voice* "Wow, Captain Ellipsis, your people got into space after only one apocalypse? It took us six! Hm? What's our planet like now? You misunderstand; it took us six; last time we checked back, the rest of 'em were still at it."
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 6:39 am

"It's time for the mandatory annual apocalypse"

"Apocalypse wrap-up, apocalypse wrap-up, it's for some radioactive cheers~~~~"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 7:10 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:"Apocalypse wrap-up, apocalypse wrap-up, it's for some radioactive cheers~~~~"
I may be inspired to try to write a complete parody of that song...

"Hol'caust wrap-up" ?

"And either though I love that 'suit,
this fashion's getting old"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 7:24 am

Going back on what we were saying earlier RE industry and pollution,

"Climate Change" isn't really relevant to a society which has manipulated it and the weather for the last two thousand years.

What is relevant however is the toxicity of pollution otself, what is breathed and what contaminate the ground and the water table.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 27, 2013 7:54 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:"Climate Change" isn't really relevant to a society which has manipulated it and the weather for the last two thousand years.
Well, yes, but, while that may be a comfort for the NCR, the Alliance, even after getting some GPE refugees ("Hey, are you tired of the raging civil war? Are you worried about lingering resentment from the surfacers? Come to the Elusive Alliance! We were only annoyed with your government, and we've got jobs for you just by virtue of you being pegasi! Including paying you a stipend to do nothing but live here and have pegasus children!") has a rather low percentage of pegasi. On the other hand, I'm not sure that anyone's thought of pollution-induced global climate change (from greenhouse gasses, not magical pollution) as a thing yet. :)

Harmony Ltd. wrote:What is relevant however is the toxicity of pollution otself, what is breathed and what contaminate the ground and the water table.
Aye. Alliance cities tend to be pretty clean anyway, though; they need all the resources that they can get, spurring recycling, and the hazardous waste that they can't use they dump away from population centers, food supplies, etc. Their diesel engines, also, while being more polluting that the NCR's steamers, are still relatively clean, and they don't have streets clogged with automobiles or anything (what they like is usually not just diesel but diesel-electric, after all).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 9:28 am

Random :

I was thinking that the average NCR citizen opinion toward Celestia would be some kind of disdain.

"So when things got too hard for you, you let your sister do the job of ruling in your place ; and once she got killed, as with the rest of your "little ponies", all you thought to do was to take refuge in your ivory tower ? Get the fuck out, "Princess". We don't need your uselessness here."

BY the way, 'was thinking that this make the future-NCR a special brand of "atheists". Tilt

"We've known a few goddesses. We were once ruled by a pair of them. They used to rise the sun and moon every day and every night. 'They got blasted to hell, as with everyone else. One managed to claw back to her useless life, though. She's living with the Lightbringer now.

Then there was that other so-called Goddess... a real pest that one. Turned everyone into freaks. *get glared upon by the alicorn crew member on the bridge* Though the Lightbringer managed to blow her up, too.

Then there was that guy who wanted to become like that other goddess. Tried to trick the Lightbringer into ascending with him. She blasted him, too.

Oh, and you can't forget the two deities the crazy old mare crushed by launching the moon at them. Good times, once the atmosphere's got back to a tolerable temperature...

... Anyway, what were you saying about your God-King or whatever ?"

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon May 27, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 11:01 am

^ Cpt. Splendid Dusk, of the Alliance Star Ship "Radiant Dawn"

He took from his great-grandmother school of diplomacy. Crazy

You know, it's hard to come up with a name that's trying to show lineage but which doesn't turn into a mouthful.

That one should be easy to guess.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 11:54 am

O. Hinds wrote:I can imagine. "Hello, new conscript assigned to border duty! Yes, I know that you'd really rather not be in the army at all, but look on the bright side! There's a small chance that you'll get lucky and, instead of being put on the border with the lands for of monsters and raiders, be posted on the border with San Fra-- Ah, with what the political officer has just reminded me must be referred to as 'Miliozi' for diplomatic reasons! There, you'll be very very bored but not allowed to look like it. Unless of course the Alliance decides to attack us, in which case your cheap rifle and long weeks of basic training will be up against zebra soldiers trained from birth to kill you using everything from their bare hooves to their air-launched tactical balefire missiles! Aren't you proud to be a soldier of the NCR?"

This made me think... A Miliozi may well kill 15 NCR soldiers on average before being killed him/her-self, but if for each Miliozi there's 30 NCR conscripts...

What's roughly the population numbers of San Frantello ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Also, I was thinking that the NCR's armed forces may have developed a love for artillery and other indirect fire weapons.

The Miliozi may be part of the reason's why.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 12:24 pm

For the Republic I would give my life !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Project 101

Abstract : Project 101 aim to conceive and mass-produce a solution which would allow non-Unicorns to cast spells with a comparable flexibility.

Background : Spell talismans already allow the storage of a spell's Arcane Field Manipulation Pattern into a crystalline matrix (eg : incineration spell talismans). Spell matrices allow fine manipulations of the Arcane Field (eg : intelligence circuits of a mainframe). The Gardens of Equestria prove that it is possible for non-biological systems to cast complex spells.

Targets :

Milestone 1 - Develop a device proving the feasibility of casting a spell without the pre-requisite need for a spell talisman carrying its Arcane Field Manipulation Pattern. Target : prove the feasibility of a flexible approach.

Milestone 2 - Miniaturize the device to be wearable. Target : the device must weight less than fifteen kilograms, have a minimal bulk, and be safe to handle.

Milestone 3 - The device must be ruggedized. Target : the device must be wearable in hostile environmental and situational conditions.

Milestone 4 - The device's design must be streamlined and readied for mass-production. Target : best cost versus reliability ratio.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 3:31 pm

This is interesting, if only tangentially related :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2v0YuDatpc
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon May 27, 2013 3:49 pm

For the NCR armed forces?

StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon May 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Too warlike I'd say. I mean, the large majority of the boys and girls are conscripts, with only the core of the forces being professional. They're not here because they want to, as "warriors", but because they don't have the choice.

Something like that could fit to raise troops' morale during the worst parts of the Bitter War, but after its end it's mostly ensuring the security of the Core Territories, driving off the occasional raider attacks and burning their base(s) to the ground.

... Unrelated to the song, but the strategy of the NCR would kind of mirror the one of the early United States (and to some degree of the Israelis in Palestine) when it comes to taking control of the peninsula :

- First, you send scouts to the areas, you map them, and report all possible threats.
- Secondly, you start encouraging settlers to go toward the area. At the same time, you use you intelligence service and special force to weaken the locals so that they can't and won't threaten the installation of your settlers.
- Continue to send settlers and to weaken the locals. Integrate them economically, politically and culturally in the running of your colonies.
- Once your settlers represent a majority of the territory's population, officially integrate it into the Republic.
- Rinse and repeat to expand your borders.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Random :

I was thinking that the average NCR citizen opinion toward Celestia would be some kind of disdain.

"So when things got too hard for you, you let your sister do the job of ruling in your place ; and once she got killed, as with the rest of your "little ponies", all you thought to do was to take refuge in your ivory tower ? Get the fuck out, "Princess". We don't need your uselessness here."

BY the way, 'was thinking that this make the future-NCR a special brand of "atheists". Tilt
Well, Profectum will like that. The Miliozi have genuinely put the old war behind them and wouldn't care about Celestia's role in it except as prediction for how she might act now (and how that could be either of use or a threat), but Profectum's natives are a bit less detached (ranging from mild annoyance and/or nervousness to secret meetings discussing how best to kill her... not that they'd do anything that would jeopardize the Alliance, of course, but it should happen that the Alliance were to come to Profectum asking for a way to do it, well, wouldn't it be nice to already have the missile fueled up, targeted, and ready to launch?)

Elusive probably won't much care either, by the way; if she was in a position of power, she'd be either a threat or a strong potential ally, but since she isn't in a position of power...
As an aside, Elusive did have concerns about Red Eye (who, in my headcanon, actually visited Elusive City once, before Fillydelphia, plans for godhood, et al; at the time, he didn't like the idea of an immortal absolute ruler). Had Red Eye succeeded in his apotheosis and done well enough against the GPE, Elusive probably would have pushed for sending him military support (read: the Alliance declaring war on the GPE) to help secure him as a powerful friend instead of a powerful enemy. Of course, that didn't happen, but it's one of the reasons why the Elusive Company and Rose Banner are on relatively good terms (not too good, since the Alliance doesn't want to antagonize the NCR and Rose Eye doesn't like working closely with people deliberately trading with Littlepipites, but still).

Harmony Ltd. wrote:"We've known a few goddesses. We were once ruled by a pair of them. They used to rise the sun and moon every day and every night. 'They got blasted to hell, as with everyone else. One managed to claw back to her useless life, though. She's living with the Lightbringer now.

Then there was that other so-called Goddess... a real pest that one. Turned everyone into freaks. *get glared upon by the alicorn crew member on the bridge* Though the Lightbringer managed to blow her up, too.

Then there was that guy who wanted to become like that other goddess. Tried to trick the Lightbringer into ascending with him. She blasted him, too.

Oh, and you can't forget the two deities the crazy old mare crushed by launching the moon at them. Good times, once the atmosphere's got back to a tolerable temperature...

... Anyway, what were you saying about your God-King or whatever ?"

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:I can imagine. "Hello, new conscript assigned to border duty! Yes, I know that you'd really rather not be in the army at all, but look on the bright side! There's a small chance that you'll get lucky and, instead of being put on the border with the lands for of monsters and raiders, be posted on the border with San Fra-- Ah, with what the political officer has just reminded me must be referred to as 'Miliozi' for diplomatic reasons! There, you'll be very very bored but not allowed to look like it. Unless of course the Alliance decides to attack us, in which case your cheap rifle and long weeks of basic training will be up against zebra soldiers trained from birth to kill you using everything from their bare hooves to their air-launched tactical balefire missiles! Aren't you proud to be a soldier of the NCR?"

This made me think... A Miliozi may well kill 15 NCR soldiers on average before being killed him/her-self, but if for each Miliozi there's 30 NCR conscripts...

What's roughly the population numbers of San Frantello ?
Hm... I'm not sure, actually. Over a million, not terribly unlikely (and of course even the foals will fight). You're thinking of a BoS-like scenario? The Alliance have a lot more resources than the Brotherhood, of course, and, since they also have active R&D and are expansionist, waiting them out won't work.

That said, it might be possible to drive the Miliozi away from Masozi; they'd be rather livid about it, but they're based on people and ideas, not places. (As an aside, this is not true for the Principality of Gibhalter; their motto is "This is our line.", and anyone wanting to take Gibhalter itself through force is going to have to kill pretty much all of them. That said, the Principality is not unlikely the Alliance member friendliest (genuinely, not "Yes, we're certainly all friends here, not waging a shadow war of money at all!") towards the NCR, so it might be possible to work something out if the NCR is the prospective invader. On the other hand, of course, the Alliance has done a lot of good for Gibhalter, and the Principality wouldn't want to betray that. It's a complex situation.) That would merely be a temporary retreat, though; taking Masozi would piss the Miliozi off so much that, unless the NCR has gotten C.A.R.E. up and running again (even if the Alliance hasn't built any new superweapons, there ought to still be a few missiles and bombs lying around Profectum)...

On another note, if there's a visible military escalation beforehoof, the Miliozi could quite likely get a Profectum/Hoofington-style defensive shield for Masozi (which they haven't yet done due to the immense expense of such a system and the lack of any foes that make them feel threatened enough to justify it), which could hold off an assault until reinforcements arrived.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Also, I was thinking that the NCR's armed forces may have developed a love for artillery and other indirect fire weapons.

The Miliozi may be part of the reason's why.
The Miliozi have indirect fire weapons too, of course, and missiles, and quite a lot of air power...
And even if the NCR takes down the ARCANN relays, the alliance still has the Vetribi.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Project 101

Abstract : Project 101 aim to conceive and mass-produce a solution which would allow non-Unicorns to cast spells with a comparable flexibility.

Background : Spell talismans already allow the storage of a spell's Arcane Field Manipulation Pattern into a crystalline matrix (eg : incineration spell talismans). Spell matrices allow fine manipulations of the Arcane Field (eg : intelligence circuits of a mainframe). The Gardens of Equestria prove that it is possible for non-biological systems to cast complex spells.

Targets :

Milestone 1 - Develop a device proving the feasibility of casting a spell without the pre-requisite need for a spell talisman carrying its Arcane Field Manipulation Pattern. Target : prove the feasibility of a flexible approach.

Milestone 2 - Miniaturize the device to be wearable. Target : the device must weight less than fifteen kilograms, have a minimal bulk, and be safe to handle.

Milestone 3 - The device must be ruggedized. Target : the device must be wearable in hostile environmental and situational conditions.

Milestone 4 - The device's design must be streamlined and readied for mass-production. Target : best cost versus reliability ratio.
Elusive's been working on tech like this for decades; it would be a great boon to Alliance manufacturing and combat effectiveness, and, well, there are some pretty obvious reasons why a magic-casting machine would be attractive to him. :)

Not that the Alliance will share any of this R&D with the NCR, of course. Some espionage might be in order, but that does, of course, risk reprisals...

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Too warlike I'd say. I mean, the large majority of the boys and girls are conscripts, with only the core of the forces being professional. They're not here because they want to, as "warriors", but because they don't have the choice.

Something like that could fit to raise troops' morale during the worst parts of the Bitter War, but after its end it's mostly ensuring the security of the Core Territories, driving off the occasional raider attacks and burning their base(s) to the ground.

... Unrelated to the song, but the strategy of the NCR would kind of mirror the one of the early United States (and to some degree of the Israelis in Palestine) when it comes to taking control of the peninsula :

- First, you send scouts to the areas, you map them, and report all possible threats.
- Secondly, you start encouraging settlers to go toward the area. At the same time, you use you intelligence service and special force to weaken the locals so that they can't and won't threaten the installation of your settlers.
- Continue to send settlers and to weaken the locals. Integrate them economically, politically and culturally in the running of your colonies.
- Once your settlers represent a majority of the territory's population, officially integrate it into the Republic.
- Rinse and repeat to expand your borders.
Hm, that sounds a bit familiar...
Fallout Equestria: New Stalliongrad? :)

For a more Mojave-like setting, we've of course the Moojave, where the Rose Banner just across the river are friendly to the locals and not friendly to the NCR. Ought to be interesting. "See, yes, you're offering us quite a bit, but if we join you, they'll attack us. You can protect us? Yeah, maybe, but they're right over there--which is also where they live, so they won't pull back unless they absolutely have to--and your homes and bases of operations are alllll the way on the other side of the desert."
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 28, 2013 12:08 am

Oh. Um, one thing: the people in this future era might want to use "spaceship" instead of "space ship" (or "star ship", but I expect that they wouldn't use that anyway… just in case, you know, and "spaceship" is fine in any case). That way it's the AS Radiant Dawn instead of something making reference to plots. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue May 28, 2013 12:47 pm

I know "starship" is perfectly fine, I just had to make that joke. Luna

Comment over what you said on the next post. Maybe.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue May 28, 2013 1:18 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Well, Profectum will like that. The Miliozi have genuinely put the old war behind them and wouldn't care about Celestia's role in it except as prediction for how she might act now (and how that could be either of use or a threat), but Profectum's natives are a bit less detached (ranging from mild annoyance and/or nervousness to secret meetings discussing how best to kill her... not that they'd do anything that would jeopardize the Alliance, of course, but it should happen that the Alliance were to come to Profectum asking for a way to do it, well, wouldn't it be nice to already have the missile fueled up, targeted, and ready to launch?)
Well, they (the average NCR citizen) do not hate Celestia, and may even respect her as an Equestrian Symbol of the Old World, but she has lost all credibility as a ruler in their eyes, and the image of divinity she might have had is forever shattered. She will never rule again.

Plus, the last experience(s) they had from so-called divinities taking an active role in the life of mortals didn't end well. At all. So they naturally tend to be weary of cults, and to develop an attitude of defiance over any entity which would dub itself as a "Prophet", a "God / Goddess", or any related term.

O. Hinds wrote:As an aside, Elusive did have concerns about Red Eye (who, in my headcanon, actually visited Elusive City once, before Fillydelphia, plans for godhood, et al; at the time, he didn't like the idea of an immortal absolute ruler). Had Red Eye succeeded in his apotheosis and done well enough against the GPE, Elusive probably would have pushed for sending him military support (read: the Alliance declaring war on the GPE) to help secure him as a powerful friend instead of a powerful enemy. Of course, that didn't happen, but it's one of the reasons why the Elusive Company and Rose Banner are on relatively good terms (not too good, since the Alliance doesn't want to antagonize the NCR and Rose Eye doesn't like working closely with people deliberately trading with Littlepipites, but still).
Interesting.

RE San Frantello / Masozi having a million Miliozi :

My headcanon estimations had the Equestrian Wasteland (the peninsula as a whole) having between one and two millions inhabitants at the time of FoE (depending on if you count just ponies or all sentient species, and if you include or exclude ghouls). With, of course, the NCR territories holding only a fraction of that. Then add all the losses from the Bitter War, with natality only "now" starting to replenish the population to pre-Bitter War numbers...

The NCR's fucked Crazy

Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Tales of the New World
Based on Fallout Equestria by Kkat

Table of content :

1 - Introduction

2 - History
2.1/ The Magical Land of Equestria [from prehistory to FiM]
2.2/ Rise and Glory of Industry [from FiM to the Coal Embargo]
2.3/ Fall from Grace [the Great War]
2.4/ The Wasted Lands [from the day the bombs fell to the day Littlepip got out of Stable 2 for the first time]
2.5/ The Time of Heroes [the Book of Littlepip]
2.6/ A Land Reborn [from the Battle of Neighvarro to the "current day"]

3 - The World

3.1/ Factions
3.1.1) Major Factions
- The NCR
- The Alliance
3.1.2) Minor Factions
- The Rose Banner
- [what more ?]

3.2/ The Equestrian Peninsula
3.2.1) The NCR's Core Territories :
- Shattered Hoof / New Canterlot and Junction City
- Manehatten
- New Appleloosa
- Glyphmark
- Appleloosa
- Maripony
- Neighvarro [remind me again, but it's the tower near Old Appleloosa, right ?]
3.2.2) The NCR's Colonies and Dependencies :
- Ponyville
- The Everfree Forest
- Fillydelphia
- The Northern Frontier
3.2.3) The Miliozi :
- San Frantello / Masozi
3.2.4) The Rose Banner :
- Fort [what was that place called again anyway ?]
3.2.5) The Northern Territories :
- St. Paulomino
- Fancee
- Trottingham
- Stockhast
3.2.6) Hoofington :
- [we'll sort that after the end of PH]
3.2.7) Geneighva :
- Stable City
- The Surface
3.2.8) The Enclave Remnants :
- Friedrichshorfen
- Neo-Cloudsdale
3.2.9) Stalliongrad :
- The Glow
- The Facilities
3.2.10) Neighpon :
- [work in progress]
3.2.11) Kalcolta :
- [work in progress]
3.2.12) New Oatleans :
- [I'd need to read "All That Remains"]
3.2.13) The Highlands :
- Dawn bay

3.3/ Zebrica
3.3.1) The Elusive Company
- Elusive City
3.3.2) Profectum :
- [that's your area, Hinds]
3.3.3) Gibhalter :
- [same here]
3.3.4) Gallipoli :
- [did anything for that one yet ?]
3.3.5) Roam :
- [whatever]
3.3.6) Port Maple :
- [a creation of yours ?]
3.3.7) Alexequia :
- [Saddle Arabia ?]
3.3.8) Maimbai :
- [Cowtown ?]
3.3.9) Champat :
- [I have no idea]
3.3.10) Oppidum Promontorium :
- [Come on, make my day]

3.4/ The Sea of Equestria
3.4.1) Porca-Porca :
- [work in progress]
3.4.2) Zanzebra :
- [work in progress]
3.4.3) Aquimania :
- [that one is yours, Hinds]

3.5/ The World Beyond

(and after that, maybe the diffrent timelines, and some more content ?)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:RE San Frantello / Masozi having a million Miliozi :

My headcanon estimations had the Equestrian Wasteland (the peninsula as a whole) having between one and two millions inhabitants at the time of FoE (depending on if you count just ponies or all sentient species, and if you include or exclude ghouls). With, of course, the NCR territories holding only a fraction of that. Then add all the losses from the Bitter War, with natality only "now" starting to replenish the population to pre-Bitter War numbers...

The NCR's fucked Crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rivcdBwgOHg
The Miliozi have, after all, been for decades, possibly as long as a century, been getting shipments of food from new farms in Zebrica in addition to what they can get in Masozi itself, and they're also aware that outgunning the enemy a hundred to one could be useless if the enemy outnumbers you a thousand to one. And this is just Masozi, mind; granted, Masozi is the greatest concentration of Alliance military might, but it still doesn't stand alone. It's going to be a while before the NCR can match the Alliance militarily; their best hope for winning a war would be fighting a guerrilla resistance after a clean loss in conventional warfare.

Also, this is a reason why the Alliance didn't help the NCR fight the GPE as it could have helped Red Eye. Yes, you just have your little civil war over there. We'll be sitting back and staying out of it (and of course neither side is actually crazy enough to attack us and draw us in), continuing to build ourselves up as you blow yourselves up. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next