Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+9
Stringtheory
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Kippershy
CamoBadger
Harmony Ltd.
13 posters

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 15 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Tales of the New World
Based on Fallout Equestria by Kkat
[pushes jaw closed]
Wow, that's quite ambitious!

Harmony Ltd. wrote:(and after that, maybe the diffrent timelines, and some more content ?)
Eras, I assume you mean? Though alternate timelines could also be interesting.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:3.1.2) Minor Factions
- The Rose Banner
- [what more ?]
Well, I don't think that I've mentioned the Philomenans yet. The following is still uncertain, but it's what I've got at the moment: They're a two-caste (broadly pony and zebra, though with exceptions in both directions) dictatorship based out of the downed (but otherwise still mostly operational) thunderhead Philomena in the area where Mainbai used to be before the end of the war obliterated it. The "city" of Philomena is medieval in style, with the thunderhead in the center, acting as a castle, surrounded by a town surrounded by fields. The Philomenans are only slightly more of an industrial society than the average Stable and have no active R&D, but they're relatively safe and productive due to the [i]Philomena[i]'s function power supply and energy turrets and the ability of the Philomenan pegasi to modify the local weather for better farming. They've had some contact with the Alliance, but this has not amounted to much; the ruling Philomenans don't want to lose their status as the biggest powers around and they're still too far from the Alliance's centers of power for the issue to be pressed.

Oh, and would Porca Porca count as a minor faction here?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 15 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 2:07 am

Porca-Porca would be either a minor or major faction depending on how much they suffered from the war, how quickly they managed to pull themselves together if they did, and if they took the occasion to start expanding again around the Sea of Equestria.

They would probably trade food and drugs for scraps and other raw ressources.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 29, 2013 2:34 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Porca-Porca would be either a minor or major faction depending on how much they suffered from the war, how quickly they managed to pull themselves together if they did, and if they took the occasion to start expanding again around the Sea of Equestria.

They would probably trade food and drugs for scraps and other raw ressources.
Hm... Well, it seems more likely that they didn't decide to start expanding again prior to the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows, as I don't think that they GPE would end up stopping them from moving inland. On the other hand, though, maybe they just stuck to the coastlines. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they went isolationist after the war (hm, now what would a ponified version of "perry" be? :)); Equestria and the PR were both blasted to bits, after all, the peninsula irradiated and stuck under cloud cover while the Zebrica went to carnivorous seed. Things got a bit better not too long after, of course, but the initial hostility of the rest of the world combined with Porca Porca being untouched combined with all those ponies and zebras who'd been treating the pigs as pawns in their game suddenly losing support from over the water...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 3:01 am

I'll just note one thing :

2.3/ Fall from Grace [the Great War] => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_fall_from_grace

This fits, more than I can express in a few words.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 4:27 am

O. Hinds wrote:...
[pushes jaw closed]
Wow, that's quite ambitious!
It will probably never see the light of day Crazy

But seriously I'd like to do something like that.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 4:39 am

Geneighva :

pre-Gardens :

- 5000 ghouls, almost all in the Model Vault
- 2000 ponies in the Experimental Vault
- 14000-20000 ponies in the Underground Cities

post-Gardens :

Same as before, plus roughly 500-2000 ponies living on the surface post-Gardens and reclaiming what arable land they can, the majority of them coming from the Underground Cities.

Note : the experimental stable may have the blueprints for Stable-Tec Stable Reactors, providing them a secure source of energy provided they have the tools to build and maintain more than what they started with.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 12:29 pm

I think I could see the NCR having that kind of general aesthetic :

http://madhotaru.deviantart.com/art/Your-argument-is-invalid-373384057

They have the theoretical knowledge to build a number of advanced techs, but their industrial base force them to build things which look somewhat anachronistic given their underlying principles (robots made of cast iron and brass).

Also, I like the idea of using vacuum tubes. Just put a bit of crystal in place of the filament...

As for clothing, regardless of the fact that ponies generally don't wear any... I could see a 1880's Far West kind of thing.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 12:36 pm

This is interesting :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SdKfz_2
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed May 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Harmony, you gave me the Wants.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 2:17 pm

On which account(s) ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed May 29, 2013 2:45 pm

The motorcycle halftrack. Too bad even the replicas go for twenty grand.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Heh. This happen.

If it's any consolation,

they don't look all that awesome
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm

It's part motorcycle that could drive where I live. Close enough.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 3:26 pm

A motorcycle that weight as much as your car and is the size of a Smart.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed May 29, 2013 3:41 pm

You can also take the front part off and drive it like a tank. Applebloom
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I think I could see the NCR having that kind of general aesthetic :

http://madhotaru.deviantart.com/art/Your-argument-is-invalid-373384057

They have the theoretical knowledge to build a number of advanced techs, but their industrial base force them to build things which look somewhat anachronistic given their underlying principles (robots made of cast iron and brass).

Also, I like the idea of using vacuum tubes. Just put a bit of crystal in place of the filament...

As for clothing, regardless of the fact that ponies generally don't wear any... I could see a 1880's Far West kind of thing.
Hah!

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This is interesting :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SdKfz_2
Aye.

Oh, and here's another version of the Marcia Reale, opening with what would probably be good as Masozi's morning wakeup call.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=weVvoUBMeEM#t=11s
edit: Hm, embedding videos with particular timestamps doesn't seem to work.
edit2: Oooor embedding in general is just broken at the moment. Huh.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 29, 2013 6:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weVvoUBMeEM

^ just the above if you want to embed a video.

If you want to add the time, you can't embed.

with time => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weVvoUBMeEM&t=11s
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weVvoUBMeEM

^ just the above if you want to embed a video.

If you want to add the time, you can't embed.

with time => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weVvoUBMeEM&t=11s
Ah, thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 30, 2013 6:35 am

Reposting from the other thread:
O. Hinds wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, there's a reason why there's signs saying "no swimming" all around Elusive City Spike
Nah, the "No swimming" signs are just there because it's in the middle of the sea. The water around the city is kept relatively clean for fishing, easier maintenance, etc., and there are patrolling robots to scare away/take down/warn of any sea life that's too dangerous. There are, of course, rumors of things living down in perpetually shadowed forest of anchor lines, but the robots are pretty thorough.
The Alliance doesn't care too much about pollution, but there's a difference between such things as "Yeah, this could harm the planet somehow, but there's plenty of planet to go around; we'll just put it way over there or let it disperse in the atmosphere." or "Well, maybe there are some endangered newts or something that will be wiped out by this construction projected, but who cares about a few newts? We've done enough of an environmental study to know that it'll stay up and we won't get eaten while building it, and that's good enough for us." and such things as "I see no possible way that pouring toxic sludge into the river running through the center of town could be a problem."
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 7:24 am

I wasn't thinking that Elusive City itself was the source of the contamination.

Rather that a combination of Zebrica's freaky fauna and the fallouts from the War carried down the sea through the rivers and the general weather patterns resulted in some good ol' fashioned mutant sealife taking over the Marediterranean.

And let's not even talk about the state of the Sea of Equestria...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 30, 2013 7:39 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I wasn't thinking that Elusive City itself was the source of the contamination.

Rather that a combination of Zebrica's freaky fauna and the fallouts from the War carried down the sea through the rivers and the general weather patterns resulted in some good ol' fashioned mutant sealife taking over the Marediterranean.

And let's not even talk about the state of the Sea of Equestria...
Ah, yes. The dangerous fauna is kept away from the city itself by robots, though, as I mentioned; given that Elusive city has water under in addition to around it (and that the water under it is full of important stuff like anchor lines and the crude oil pipe), they can't let sea monsters just wander about.

The Sea of Equestria... Hm, maybe we now have a reason why Porca Porca hasn't sent out ships. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 12:00 pm

I had a wacky idea :

A lone research station, isolated on an unhinhabitated island north of the equestrian peninsula.

It was a biological lab lab working on a number of sensitive subjects. Some of them involving cloning vats and consciousness transfer tech.

The crew was pretty small, but when the bombs fell or after that, there was an accident and everyone died. Except one.

Badly hurt, he made a clone of himself and copied (not transferred, this is important) his consciousness and memories into the clone. And then died.

The station had been badly damaged and needed to be repaired lest it'd fail and leave its occupant vulnerable to the extremely inhospitable external elements. So the clone did the most logical thing, and created several copies of himself. And together they started repairing the place.

So, let me explain the wackyness :

It is a community of a few hundred clones, each with memories dating back to Pre-War Equestria, and with about as much experiences in a vast variety of subjects (due to two centuries of diversification and nothing better to do than study, research stuff and maintain the station), and to whom the notion of "death" as we know it is meaningless ; to such an extent that the clones assigned to security duty train in live fire condition, the losers WINNERS going back to the general workforce and others from the general workforce taking their place for a new round of training.

And let's not talk about the biology labs and the experiments to graft vat-grown horns and wings on earth ponies (and that would be the least... weird thing happening there)...

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Thu May 30, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 12:03 pm

I think it goes without saying that the earth pony scientist in question was already pretty far in the realm of amoral mad science even before the bombs fell... Crazy
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I had a wacky idea :

A lone research station, isolated on an unhinhabitated island north of the equestrian peninsula.

It was a biological lab lab working on a number of sensitive subjects. Some of them involving cloning vats and consciousness transfer tech.

The crew was pretty small, but when the bombs fell or after that, there was an accident and everyone died. Except one.

Badly hurt, he made a clone of himself and copied (not transferred, this is important) his consciousness and memories into the clone. And then died.

The station had been badly damaged and needed to be repaired lest it'd fail and leave its occupant vulnerable to the extremely inhospitable external elements. So the clone did the most logical thing, and created several copies of himself. And together they started repairing the place.

So, let me explain the wackyness :

It is a community of a few hundred clones, each with memories dating back to Pre-War Equestria, and with about as much experiences in a vast variety of subjects (due to two centuries of diversification and nothing better to do than study, research stuff and maintain the station), and to whom the notion of "death" as we know it is meaningless ; to such an extent that the clones assigned to security duty train in live fire condition, the losers WINNERS going back to the general workforce and others from the general workforce taking their place for a new round of training.

And let's not talk about the biology labs and the experiments to graft vat-grown horns and wings on earth ponies (and that would be the least... weird thing happening there)...

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I think it goes without saying that the earth pony scientist in question was already pretty far in the realm of amoral mad science even before the bombs fell... Crazy
Hm, could be interesting. Sounds slightly similar to that Stable (I forget the number, sorry) in ATR, but there are also plenty of differences.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Well, the "collective of ruthless, remorseless and amoral clones" has been an idea of mine for a few years, now (it all started with a self-insert "what if" scenario Crazy ). I just had to get the inspiration to put it into a setting where I could exploit the idea in a worthy way. :D

It may seem cliché, but heh. I like it.

Just imagine the mindfuck for an explorer somehow stumbling there.... Well, maybe literal mindfuck if the Collective get into its heads to go prod in the explorer's...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 7:23 pm

- They have no qualm about dying or being killed
- They kill each other for target practice
- They will vivisect you if they get into their head it could lead to interesting results
- Did I mention the part where they are totally bonkers, can clone themselves and are not afraid to die ?

... In my head it's supposed to be wacky, and yet I've got the impression of describing a John Carpenter movie...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu May 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Do they only say their names?

Seems like there has to be some sort of catch. This is the sort of thing heroes always have to destroy for some reason or another, if only because the implications of a perfect technology being released into the wide world is usually too much to think about.

Is this something that could actually be used outside of this... lab 108?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, the "collective of ruthless, remorseless and amoral clones" has been an idea of mine for a few years, now (it all started with a self-insert "what if" scenario Crazy ). I just had to get the inspiration to put it into a setting where I could exploit the idea in a worthy way. :D

It may seem cliché, but heh. I like it.

Just imagine the mindfuck for an explorer somehow stumbling there.... Well, maybe literal mindfuck if the Collective get into its heads to go prod in the explorer's...

Harmony Ltd. wrote:- They have no qualm about dying or being killed
- They kill each other for target practice
- They will vivisect you if they get into their head it could lead to interesting results
- Did I mention the part where they are totally bonkers, can clone themselves and are not afraid to die ?

... In my head it's supposed to be wacky, and yet I've got the impression of describing a John Carpenter movie...
:D

Meleagridis wrote:Do they only say their names?
Oh, so ATR didn't create the "only say their names" thing? Huh. I still haven't been able to get Fo3 working...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 7:52 pm

They may be too busy being taken up into their research on an isolated island far north in the middle of the ocean with just enough resources to not let their heavily damaged pseudo-stable rip-off fall into piece and force them to actually have to try to live on the surface and suffer a, y'know, permanent death sentence.

Did I mention the part they're only a few hundred half-bonker clones ?

Now, if something were to actually break the status quo... That could be problematic.

If they stole a ship...

Well, they may try to set up subsidiaries. Applebloom
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 30, 2013 7:56 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:Do they only say their names?
Oh, so ATR didn't create the "only say their names" thing? Huh. I still haven't been able to get Fo3 working...
"Pikachu, I choose YOU !"
"Pika !"

"Gary, go !"
"Gary !"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next