Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Ketchup
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Meleagridis
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Frost
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Aonee
20 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:42 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Admiral
There are no good guys in WH40k, just Nazis and alien Nazis. Also undead Nazis and extra-satanic Nazis.

EDIT: I'm not really a fan of the universe, in that I don't read the lore or play the games; but I reckon that the fun of it is in how cartoonish and ridiculous and absolutely over the top nonsensically grimdark everything is. To me, the orks epitomize 40k - they are brutal, violent, tree people whose idiotic belief that things shaped like guns ought to behave like guns makes those things guns and is the basis of their ability to make war. That and their enormous size and strength. Everything is ridiculous, and explanations are added AFTER the ridiculousness is, if they are added at all.

good is a matter of perspective...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:43 am

Ironmonger wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 542

given my career choice, appropriate

and now a wtf moment brought to you by South Carolina USA

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 603758_319475618177817_346047745_n
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:28 am

CamoBadger wrote:Good boy. You answered correctly. If you said "I was talking about WoW" I would have skinned you. But because of your knowledge of an amazing game, you are spared.

WoW used to be a fun came, too. Until it took an arrow in the knee.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:35 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 603758_319475618177817_346047745_n
What the b***** f***?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:39 am

Valikdu wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:Good boy. You answered correctly. If you said "I was talking about WoW" I would have skinned you. But because of your knowledge of an amazing game, you are spared.

WoW used to be a fun came, too. Until it took an arrow in the knee.
Aye, I used to play wow, and then I just got bored with it about midway through Cataclysm. Everything just started seeming the same; for all that I read about quests getting so much more creative, I was feeling as if they were just making the twenty boar brains prettier to look at and more elaborately named.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:48 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:A miserable piece. The Sex tag is inaccurate,
nothing more than a passing mention, no more than three lines of text
in those regards.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/89729/a-puppet-to-her-fame

I enjoyed it, despite its misery

I WAS GOING TO LINK THAT, ADMIRAL NINJA.

I was just waiting for it to be finished...

It's a great story. And I think that we finally found a character whose life sucks even more than Blackjack's.

O. Hinds wrote:What the b***** f***?

Wizard's 1st rule: People are STUPID.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:17 am

Blizzard's first rule: WC3's lore being decent was an accident. Spike

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:42 am

CamoBadger wrote:Execution for saying no? Deal. Death sounds about 10,000x better than going through that crap and apparently having an 80% chance to be brutally murdered by creatures created through human misery and hatred.
Well, the thing is.... You see that rationality-defying ocean of pure emotions they go through, populated by unspeakable horrors ?

That's where every souls go when you die.

Every. Souls.

Even your dog's.

The only way to avoid that would be to do like the Eldar (the setting's "elves") do and bind your soul to a crystal that your descendant will be tasked to keep - after only ten thousand years of that tradition, there's a shitload of soul crystals to guard... And that's taking into account the fact they are technically immortal.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:36 am

Here you go, rum:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:01 am

swicked wrote:...so, the dead are nothing but emotion?
Odd that to be emotionless is to be alive instead of the other way around.
And all demons, that live in the all-emotion sea, are exclusively elementals of pain and fear?
'Cause that leaves a lot of untapped emotions...
No, there also exist "demons" of positive emotions.

It's just that for people to interact with "positive" demons is pretty rare, and to be fair, fairly un-documented (in part because the setting over the years has strayed from its original silliness to become GRIMDARK AS FUCK, so not many authors outside of fan-fiction have touched that subject).

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 am

Also, the four Chaos God (Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh), if they are respectively known as the gods of :

- Mindless bloodshed
- Disease, entropy & despair
- Scheming and manipulation
- Unspeakable perversion (sexual & otherwise)

They also embody (still respectively) :

- Honor & Courage
- Love & Kindness
- Hope & Magic
- (that one is a bit more complex to explain) the unending quest for perfection, the eternal pursuit for something better

As I said, they are complete deities, it's just that Warhammer 40k being written as a GRIMDARK AS FUCK setting, we only see their bad aspects.

Also, they are only the four major gods. There also exist minor "deities" which feeds on other ranges of emotions, but they are almost never referred to - they're more like really, really powerful demons, relative to the four other Gods, which to some extent ARE the Warp (that "ocean of emotions", that some other call, poetically, the "Immaterium" or "Empyrean").
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:19 am

To explain the fourth god (Slaanesh), it was birthed after the Eldar, in their hedonistic pursuits (artistic, sexual, etc...), became more and more extreme and perverted, to such a point that the collective gestalt of trillions of immortal psychic beings collapsed into a new chaos deity (Slaanesh). Needless to say, the Eldar almost went extinct there and then.

What's funny is that due to how the Warp work (time doesn't exist there, or at least not in any way, shape or form we could understand), Slaanesh was born then, but at the same time it had always existed, and was able to witness its own birth - some might even suggest that it pushed its own creation.

Yeah, the Warp tend to fuck with causality that way.

That's how for example prophecies are a real thing in that setting, but at the same time they cannot be relied upon for the simple fact that "time" is always changing.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:36 am

Unrelated, that's cute :

http://asklittleslendy.tumblr.com/
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:43 am

I dunno.

Anyway, I'm just starting to read that :

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/63150/the-mad-mojavian-adventures-of-courier-6-and-pinkie-pie

Seems kind of fun.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:46 am

I'd read it, except Fuck Pinkie Pie
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:10 am

At chapter 3 now, so far she isn't obnoxious.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 am

http://derpiboo.ru/304265
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:16 am

Also, watched Oblivion last night. Actually pretty good. At first it seemed like sort of a generic sci-film and then MINDFUCK
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 am

Mister Frost wrote:Also, watched Oblivion last night. Actually pretty good. At first it seemed like sort of a generic sci-film and then MINDFUCK
I heard it was nothing but twists, stupid overdone twists.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:35 am

stringtheory wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Also, watched Oblivion last night. Actually pretty good. At first it seemed like sort of a generic sci-film and then MINDFUCK
I heard it was nothing but twists, stupid overdone twists.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 295181__safe_animated_glasses_twist_fourth-wall

Someone called ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 am

Eh, maybe I'm just bad at judging things, then, because I thought it was pretty good
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 am

Mister Frost wrote:
Here you go, rum:

yep thats the one you showed me, obviously anatomically impossible...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:55 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Here you go, rum:

how it anatomically impossible? Space Marines have 19 extra organs stuffed inside of them.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:58 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Here you go, rum:

It's almost like the fucking super soldiers have been augmented in some way. Crazy, I know.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:02 pm

no I mean to fit in the armor, I don't care about the bag of flesh stuffed into the tin can so much as I care about the tin can that is supposed to be around the sack of tissues and nerves, is this why you've been so ancy when i say anatomically impossible?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm not seeing what your point of contention is with the armor. The picture clearly shows how they fit into it.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:05 pm

the picture clearly shows exactly how the cannot fit into it,

I bet someone has already announced their armor is so and so millimeters thick...

imagine how much more effective they will be as soldiers when they suddenly have visibility, and can actually put the arms down...

edit: I'm off to work now, probably not off till 830 or so
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I'm not seeing what your point of contention is with the armor. The picture clearly shows how they fit into it.

thought of the day, armor is designed around the person wearing it, this image shows how the creature wearing the armor was drawn into it.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:A miserable piece. The Sex tag is inaccurate, nothing more than a passing mention, no more than three lines of text in those regards.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/89729/a-puppet-to-her-fame

I enjoyed it, despite its misery
Damnit, Admiral, stop making me add new stuff to my Read Later list! Scootaloo
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 pm

!!HATRED FLOWS THROUGH ME!!

...I knew that browsing derpybooru for hours was a bad idea. I shouldn't have done that. But I have, and there's a conclusion.

I HATE fluffponies.

They're not "cute", they're ugly, repulsive, malformed things.

They're not "endearing", they're dumb-as-rocks verminous pests. Sorry to all the rocks that I've just insulted.

And the fact that they're semi-sentient only makes it much, much worse. They can speak. Fuck me with the moon, their speech. NUMMIES! SKETTIES! HUGGIES! BIG POOPIES! BABBEHS! !!FUCK!! If they existed, their speech would instantly get weaponized into a torture method at Guantanamo!

...I mean, I'd probably not engage in wanton cruelty, as depicted by a lot of art. I'd just get a high-powered airgun and use the infesting vermin for target practice. But still, each time I read a "Wan die" on one of the pictures, I somehow want to cackle like a cartoon villain. I mean, it's so satisfying!

Last edited by Valikdu on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next