Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Ketchup
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Meleagridis
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Frost
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Aonee
20 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I found myself rooting for Red Eye most of the time, to be honest
Yes, but we all know you're a ruthless bastard with sociopathic tendencies, so there's that.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:Steelhooves is my favorite with Calamity as a close second. When the ranger died I flipped tables in my brain.

...Wait. What if Steelhooves' death is a metaphor for "out with old, in with the new?" The starting of a new age.

I'm just now thinking about this, so I have no clue if I'm just now getting the 'obvious'.
That's a possibility.

On both accounts. Spike
See? I have my moments of clarity.

Also
>Jabs you with a stick.
>shakes fist.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:47 pm

I never denied the fact that you had moments of clarity.

The only thing is that these moments seems to be few and far apart. Applejack
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:50 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 303762__safe_twilight-sparkle_image-macro_510d41787f123b917800010a_wrong-neighborhood_marvel_avengers_hulk_bruce-banner
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:51 pm

...To deny that is to admit that I am a fool. Roid Rage

>Neck

Heck yes. Twilight crazy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Let's burn this shit to the ground, shall we ?

(RE the neighborhood meme)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:52 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 14_57_39_153_302139__UNOPT__safe_animated_510d41787f123b917800010a_lawn_mower_50f634be7f123be72c000082
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:53 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 303677__safe_twilight-sparkle_image-macro_510d41787f123b917800010a_truth
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:54 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 304735__safe_twilight-sparkle_rainbow-dash_fluttershy_rarity_spike_trixie_510d41787f123b917800010a_wrong-neighborhood

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I found myself rooting for Red Eye most of the time, to be honest
Yes, but we all know you're a ruthless bastard with sociopathic tendencies, so there's that.

Hey, if a nuclear apocalypse is what it takes for me to get my slaves (preferably Negros. We gotta get those animals back in line) then so be it
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Whoa.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Everything_that_has_a_beginning_has_an_end_by_rublegun-d5vcqat
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:05 pm

@ Valik :

Yeah, I had seen that one before.

Good catch.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Now that I have my rare moment of clarity...

Imagine buffalo power armor. Bigger, sturdier, more powerful than their Equestrian counterparts. To me it sounds like something that would be used as heavy support (big weapons + lots of ammo) and, well, heavy duty.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Now that I have my rare moment of clarity...

Imagine buffalo power armor. Bigger, sturdier, more powerful than their Equestrian counterparts. To me it sounds like something that would be used as heavy support (big weapons + lots of ammo) and, well, heavy duty.
It could possibly be classified as a light mech, though it would just be a heavy suit in a light vehicle role role, though did the Buffalo even fight with Equestria or were they neutral?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:30 pm

stringtheory wrote:

It could possibly be classified as a light mech, though it would just be a heavy suit in a light vehicle role role, though did the Buffalo even fight with Equestria or were they neutral?

I don't think it was ever actually stated.

I love it when authors leave loopholes. Twilight crazy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:31 pm

I think we've had discussions of a similar nature in the past, but I was still thinking: we never really see any bows or crossbows in Fallout, and I think that's kind of weird. Not even for hunting or stealth work in a world where every bullet is precious but arrows are reusable and fairly simple to make. Even if you can't find the right type of wood, there's plenty of synthetic material laying around to make them, and I doubt the Gun Runners could have recovered the specs for AR-15's, Browning hi-powers, and a goddamn PGM Hecate II without recovering a document on how to make bows.

I would expect the Legion most of all to use them, considering bows (and crossbows, to a lesser extent) draw from the user's strength instead of "weakening" soldiers like they think guns do. And I could imagine Assassins or Fruumentari rocking bows when they do their low-key ops, as well
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Bit of a waste for power armor. The Buffalo have enough muscle where armoring them up to near tank levels could probably be done without the use of muscle enhancers or joint servos or whatever. Just get some steel plates on that cow.

Mister Frost wrote:I think we've had discussions of a similar nature in the past, but I was still thinking: we never really see any bows or crossbows in Fallout, and I think that's kind of weird. Not even for hunting or stealth work in a world where every bullet is precious but arrows are reusable and fairly simple to make. Even if you can't find the right type of wood, there's plenty of synthetic material laying around to make them, and I doubt the Gun Runners could have recovered the specs for AR-15's, Browning hi-powers, and a goddamn PGM Hecate II without recovering a document on how to make bows.

I would expect the Legion most of all to use them, considering bows (and crossbows, to a lesser extent) draw from the user's strength instead of "weakening" soldiers like they think guns do. And I could imagine Assassins or Fruumentari rocking bows when they do their low-key ops, as well

Well they already have dart guns. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch for a full crossbow.

Last edited by tylertoon2 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:39 pm

I have to agree with Frost on this, I do not see a gap anywhere. I get the feeling that there is quite a bit that could be logically used, but isn't for some reason.

@Tyler Just a thought.

>Regrets nothing.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Well, in Fallout Tactics you could use a harpoon gun.

But like any exotic / non-ballistic weapon other than energy weapons and explosives, it sucked ass.

There may also be an argument to be made about the Legion being smart enough to recognize that when even normal guns are not strong enough to do more than harm the occasional deathclaw and other wasteland fauna ; it is not advisable to equip your troops with weaker stuff.

As for tribals, you see them sporting lances, who are as effective in the hunting role as bow and arrows, or even more than them depending on the kind of game you hunt.

So I get your point (I thought about it myself), but I think the anwser is : targets in the wasteland tend to have too much armor / resilience for them to be effective in most cases.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I have to agree with Frost on this, I do not see a gap anywhere. I get the feeling that there is quite a bit that could be logically used, but isn't for some reason.

@Tyler Just a thought.

>Regrets nothing.

I was actually in agreement. I only phrased that like that for my own horrible pun.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, in Fallout Tactics you could use a harpoon gun.

But like any exotic / non-ballistic weapon other than energy weapons and explosives, it sucked ass.

There may also be an argument to be made about the Legion being smart enough to recognize that when even normal guns are not strong enough to do more than harm the occasional deathclaw and other wasteland fauna ; it is not advisable to equip your troops with weaker stuff.

As for tribals, you see them sporting lances, who are as effective in the hunting role as bow and arrows, or even more than them depending on the kind of game you hunt.

So I get your point (I thought about it myself), but I think the anwser is : targets in the wasteland tend to have too much armor / resilience for them to be effective in most cases.

This is a good point. Aside for the deliver of special ammunition, guns are too easy to use or find in the fallout verse to justify the building and training required for bows/crossbows
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, in Fallout Tactics you could use a harpoon gun.

I wasn't picturing them so much in the role of taking on Deathclaws (although, logically, you could take them out with an eye shot on a 5.56, let alone a bow) or BoS guys, just by Scavengers or some Mercs taking on Raiders silently and with a minimum waste of caps

As far as armor goes, though, bows and crossbows might do better for piercing low-level ballistic vests than guns--the bullet gets stopped and the force absorbed/spread out, but a narrow arrowhead pushes between the fibers. Plus, it'd be a niche weapon for stealth and surprise, when you have time to set up the shot and not have to worry about piercing the armor at all, and just switch to a carbine or pistol when they start firing back.

Lots of Far Cry 3 players can attest to how this works, much as I hate using fiction as a reference. As such, real life reference: Jack Churchill
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:12 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 04_55_04_677_133780__UNOPT__safe_rainbow_dash_glasses_artist_n1de

Rainbow Deutsch
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:14 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Rainbow_deutsch__weimar__by_jjdavidson-d5f9nle

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Also :

http://derpiboo.ru/304802
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:17 pm

When I first noticed the similarities between Blackjack and the Imperial German Flag, I derped so hard I made a connection to the warp.

"Why does this look familiar...SON OF A-"

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 pm

You seem to lose your shit readily I must say, Iron.

Would you be kind enough as to clean your mess before going ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Also :

InB4We'llbang
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:You seem to lose your shit readily I must say, Iron.

Would you be kind enough as to clean your mess before going ?
I have rather extreme reactions to things.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 299531__safe_trixie_reaction-image_hey-you_artist-jotoast

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:39 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Also :

InB4We'llbang
Too late, read the comments
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next