Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+61
cb5
ARoundCorner
Warbalist
Walker006
U_Flame
Plasticube
Mister Nikel
Ametros
thatguyvex
nebulous
Regolit
MLPOCG
Retl
Cptadder
CamoBadger
Katarn
maxuglov169
delorean
Boing
FoolNeim
Mobius04
Tacoman587
tylertoon2
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Aonee
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
Snipehamster
Train Dodger
Mr. Snrub
squeak-anon
Leoman
Moodyman90
Caoimhe
hawkeye92
Quotidian
CD
Downloaded Skill
The Holy Tuna
Overthepacific
Valikdu
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ketchup
AGurdel
jacky2734
Admiral Stoic Rum
Vergil
WavemasterRyx
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Somber
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
Sindri
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
65 posters

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:16 pm

My [boss's sister] . . .

And reading later on, it seemed possible that Goldenblood and Eclipse went into a room that Luna was already in, and Eclipse never said anything, even after Celestia left, despite being told by Goldenblood that Luna wanted her there.

So, possible, but unlikely.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Icy Shake wrote:My [boss's sister] . . .

And reading later on, it seemed possible that Goldenblood and Eclipse went into a room that Luna was already in, and Eclipse never said anything, even after Celestia left, despite being told Luna wanted her there by Goldenblood.

She could be a projection of some sort. I found that to be rather curious myself.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Ketchup wrote:

And reading later on, it seemed possible that Goldenblood and Eclipse went into a room that Luna was already in, and Eclipse never said anything, even after Celestia left, despite being told Luna wanted her there by Goldenblood.

She could be a projection of some sort. I found that to be rather curious myself.
Then how was she with Goldenblood at Horse's presentation? Are there projectors set up all over Equestria? Plus how was she able to put on Horse's brain scan thingie anyhow if she was a projection. Oh, another thing which I realized, perhaps the reason why the Crusader 1.2 overloaded when 'Eclipse' put on the brain scanner was that it couldn't handle a alicorn's mind, with all those other minds that had just been scanned in, is an alicorn's mind any different from a mortal's mind anyway? Or perhaps Horse just makes terrible technology.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:27 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Then how was she with Goldenblood at Horse's presentation? Are there projectors set up all over Equestria? Plus how was she able to put on Horse's brain scan thingie anyhow if she was a projection. Oh, another thing which I realized, perhaps the reason why the Crusader 1.2 overloaded when 'Eclipse' put on the brain scanner was that it couldn't handle a alicorn's mind, with all those other minds that had just been scanned in, is an alicorn's mind any different from a mortal's mind anyway? Or perhaps Horse just makes terrible technology.
This probably wouldn't satisfy, but...
Magic. Luna may be able to do it with magic.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:50 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Well, I can't stay up until forever tonight reading PH, so this is gonna be a two-parter.

Ch. 55 Comments, part 1:
Editing, part 1:
Ah, thank you. "the Neighvarro" doesn't sound off to me, though, sorry. I've also not put in the "nor any weapons but" comma, as that would result in a sentence fragment. I also, for various reasons, don't think that the issue of Awesome's descent is a problem.

I've relayed the scream matter to Somber. (I'm also mentioning the mismatching stories matter, just in case that wasn't deliberate.)

The demonym of Monte Carlo is "Monte Carlian" so residents of Neighvarro might be Neighvarran/Neighvarrans.

Though residents of Monaco are Monaganese, but Morocco has Moroccans so I guess Neighvarrans works.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Ketchup wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

This probably wouldn't satisfy, but...
Magic. Luna may be able to do it with magic.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Mlfw1657-1317139875
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Well, although we haven't seen any evidence of it it could be that Luna could cast a spell that could make a physical projection of a pony to follow others and gather information.

Or she's doing her own for of mind manipulation using her ability to enter ponies dreams and putting Eclipse where she wasn't.

As for a crazy theory, Eclipse is actually Luna's secret daughter.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Well, we know that *Nightmare Moon* could either create projections, or outright split herself into several entities.

Either it's Luna's ability too, or... well, "stress was getting to her" (c).
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:04 pm

I personally am of the opinion that one of Luna's powers is shapeshifting / illusion. Which is supported to some extent canonically by the Nightmare Night episode (her magically altering her appearance to look as Nightmare Moon). Edit : what Valikdu said, too.

As for the rest, I could very well be advanced illusion / evocation magic, projecting some form of tangible hologram.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:34 pm

When I finished this chapter, my first thought was that that the writing was damn beautiful. Somber, editors, you rock.

I keep intending to do a comment as you go thingy, but keep forgetting in the excitement of !!new chapter!!. Some day...

So they're trying to get Fancy Pants' airship to stop Lighthooves at Thunderhead, eh? I'd always imagined they'd get to Thunderhead by climbing Shadowbolt Tower from the ground up, a la the Cathedral of Syndentic Ascention in Problem Sleuth. But that would involve going into the Core first, which would be too climactic too soon.

If Shining Armor's child (Princess Skyla?) was a mare, and said child's child was also a mare, and they both had access to some good medical equipment, and stored some of their eggs early on and each had a kid via IVF and a surrogate at age 60, then if Skyla was born in Equestria's last year that would mean 120 years would pass until King Awesome was born and he'd be 80 in the present.

Welp, now it's confirmed that Cognitum overrode Dawn's will. I didn't expect to be fine with this, but I am. Now rather than being about Dawn's choices and trying to find the good that's left in her equinity and appealing to it, Dawn's story is about what happens when someone is edited/controlled and it forms an interesting parallel with Blackjack (plus Lacunae and the alicorns in general) and the Goddess. Maybe I'm fine with this direction because I came to see how it can be rich material for a story in itself, rather than the Dawn went berserk willingly / Cognitum assumed direct control question being a dichotomy between dealing with complicated Dawn psychology or dealing with a buggy computer program.

Last edited by nebulous on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:39 pm

nebulous wrote:If Shining Armor's child (Princess Skyla?) was a mare, and said child's child was also a mare, and they both had access to some good medical equipment, and stored some of their eggs early on and each had a kid via IVF and a surrogate at age 60, then if Skyla was born in Equestria's last year that would mean 120 years would pass until King Awesome was born and he'd be 80 in the present.
I think King Awesome either forgot to add in a couple of 'greats' there, or was simply making shit up, remember, we haven't even heard of Shining Armor yet, though I guess he was off ruiling the Crystal Empire with Cadence
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Twilight made a reference in one of the memory orbs about "Cadence having yet another foal".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Right, but she didn't say "yet another foal with my brother." Or even ". . . with Shining Armor." And might be an earth pony for all we know.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:53 pm

She's still an alicorn. Got the wings and the horn.

And given there's a direct reference to Cadence AND the Crystal Empire (that mare in the tokomare), I guess it's pretty safe to assume that Shining Armor is also canon in PH.

I mean, especially given someone made a direct reference to him.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:55 pm

We've never seen her, and her physiology has never been mentioned. We know that either she is not an alicorn, or she has been an alicorn longer than Luna, or Twilight has somehow forgotten about her being an alicorn.

The Crystal Empire does not depend on either Shining Armor's existence or Cadence's alicornhood.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Don't take it wrong, I see your point, but this seem a bit contorted just to be able to preserve "continuity" with the original FoE.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:She's still an alicorn. Got the wings and the horn.
Even if she keeps her in-show appearance, she could just be a freaky winged unicorn.
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Overthepacific Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Don't take it wrong, I see your point, but this seem a bit contorted just to be able to preserve "continuity" with the original FoE.

Well, that is kind of the template everyone has to go off of. That alternate reality never actually mentioned the two or the crystal empire, and considering that in the FoE continuity Twilight went her entire life without becoming a princess, its safe to say that FoE sidefics should probably take more from the points where the original left off instead of the actual show from a certain point.

So going with an alternate Cadence isnt that much of a far cry.
Overthepacific
Overthepacific
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 30

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 pm

^This. It's also worth noting that adding two non-alicorns who can cast city-scale shield spells arguably undercuts a major plot point in both FoE and PH.

A Modest Proposal:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Wed May 01, 2013 3:20 am

So, normally I just lurk around here and read the comments, but as I have this little sliver of a question in my brain that I can't seem to find the answer to on my own I thought I'd register just for the sole purpose of asking you fine folk. Its kind of a random question and doesn't pertain to anything of actual importance, but does anyone happen to know what the general eye/mane/coat color of the Enclave pegasus Sunset who died in Ch.54? For some reason that completely tertiary character has been on my mind a lot, and its been bugging the heck out of me that I can't seem to find a description of her anywhere in the previous chapters.

So, uh... yeah, that's the entire reason I spent five minutes registering to the site. Wish I had something substantial to say about Ch.55 but my brain is still sort of processing it all so my comments there would probably amount to "I like Grace. Boo and Scotch Tape having a food fight was cute. Fight scene with Dawn was intense. Ending genuinely surprised the crap out of me."
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed May 01, 2013 6:46 am

Again, my deepest thanks to Somber, Hinds, and Bronode. You all put so much work into this story, and I really appreciate it. *hugs each of you gently*
And Somber, I do very much hope things get better for you soon. Just try to remember, we're here for you if there's ever any way we can help.

Chapter 55 Commentary:

thatguyvex wrote:So, normally I just lurk around here and read the comments, but as I have this little sliver of a question in my brain that I can't seem to find the answer to on my own I thought I'd register just for the sole purpose of asking you fine folk. Its kind of a random question and doesn't pertain to anything of actual importance, but does anyone happen to know what the general eye/mane/coat color of the Enclave pegasus Sunset who died in Ch.54? For some reason that completely tertiary character has been on my mind a lot, and its been bugging the heck out of me that I can't seem to find a description of her anywhere in the previous chapters.
Welcome, Vex. I do hope you're enjoying the story.
Actually, I just checked Chapter 42, and she does remove her helmet. She has a rust-colored coat, and an orange-and-yellow striped mane. And Chapter 52 has her with red eyes. I do hope that helps.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 01, 2013 9:35 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Again, my deepest thanks to Somber, Hinds, and Bronode. You all put so much work into this story, and I really appreciate it. *hugs each of you gently*
And Somber, I do very much hope things get better for you soon. Just try to remember, we're here for you if there's ever any way we can help.

Chapter 55 Commentary:

thatguyvex wrote:So, normally I just lurk around here and read the comments, but as I have this little sliver of a question in my brain that I can't seem to find the answer to on my own I thought I'd register just for the sole purpose of asking you fine folk. Its kind of a random question and doesn't pertain to anything of actual importance, but does anyone happen to know what the general eye/mane/coat color of the Enclave pegasus Sunset who died in Ch.54? For some reason that completely tertiary character has been on my mind a lot, and its been bugging the heck out of me that I can't seem to find a description of her anywhere in the previous chapters.
Welcome, Vex. I do hope you're enjoying the story.
Actually, I just checked Chapter 42, and she does remove her helmet. She has a rust-colored coat, and an orange-and-yellow striped mane. And Chapter 52 has her with red eyes. I do hope that helps.
Spoiler:
Ah, you must have missed the announcement: we changed that during the production of this chapter. So your memory isn't faulty, just out of date. :)

Spoiler:
:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Wed May 01, 2013 9:53 am

I really enjoyed that chapter, unlike the mixed bag that I felt the previous chapter was.

Spoiler:
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 am

@ CalamityWhen :

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Train Dodger Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 am

Alright, on to proofing Chapter 2. I should mention in passing that the title of Chapter 41 on the index page has an excess space between the hyphen and the chapter number.

Chapter 2:
Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Wed May 01, 2013 1:49 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Welcome, Vex. I do hope you're enjoying the story.
Actually, I just
checked Chapter 42, and she does remove her helmet. She has a
rust-colored coat, and an orange-and-yellow striped mane. And Chapter 52
has her with red eyes. I do hope that helps.

Thanks, that does help! I was having the hardest time finding that information. Bugs me when I'm trying to think about a character but I don't have an accurate mental image. Its really weird, fifty five chapters of this story has had plenty of more established and developed characters die, but its this completely tertiary Enclave pony's death that gets under my skin for some reason.
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed May 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Spoiler:

Well, shit.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Train Dodger wrote:Alright, on to proofing Chapter 2. I should mention in passing that the title of Chapter 41 on the index page has an excess space between the hyphen and the chapter number.

Chapter 2:
Ah, thank you very much.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed May 01, 2013 5:32 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, thank you very much.
O. Hinds wrote:very much.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 320px-Pinkie_Pie_gasp!_S3E7

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 320px-S01E19_Rarity_JawDrop

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Tumblr_m4vmi617j51qj3ir1
Congratulations Train Dodger! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 1639762117
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Derpmind wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Ah, thank you very much.
O. Hinds wrote:very much.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 320px-Pinkie_Pie_gasp!_S3E7

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 320px-S01E19_Rarity_JawDrop

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Tumblr_m4vmi617j51qj3ir1
Congratulations Train Dodger! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 1639762117
...Um. Apparently thanks from me are worth a lot more than I thought?
Anyway, though, look at everything they spotted, and back in Chapter 2 no less.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next