Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+27
MrMagma
CamoBadger
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kattlarv
IncoherentOrange
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
WovenTales
Ketchup
Kippershy
OneMoreDaySK
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
FeatherDust
Caoimhe
Vergil
Ironmonger
Cptadder
RoboRed
Sindri
Frost
31 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Yeah, see, I'm not a fan of writing huge-ass chapters that reach 20k.
I mean, I could do, but the 10k chapters I write are long enough that I can give the chapter some substance and have something decent happen, looks a nice round enough number that it doesn't look puny to look at and isn't so short that you're done within twenty minutes of reading.

(Unless you're a very fast reader, I suppose.)

5k for the intro chapter, 10k give or take after that.

I really need to rewrite my story for quality reasons. I'll have to do that come either finishing it or hitting the storyline milestone.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 pm

This...kinda just happened. We planned on it being a little over 10K but we weren't able to get the important parts told within that barrier.

Basically it was like *throws arms up in the air* "FUCK!" Scootaloo

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:50 pm

Ironmonger wrote:That's something I've been meaning to ask you lot of writers about. How long does it take you all to writer a chapter normally?

*gets a folding chair and sits, folding hands in thought*
This depends for me.

If I actually have motivation and inspiration to write, I can get a decent sized chunk of writing out in one day. When I first started Cold as Ice I got out a chapter every night, sometimes every other. However, if I lack motivation or inspiration (like the past long while) I will take a month or two to release a new chapter. This is the case right now, and I haven't released a chapter on either of my stories in over a month, almost 2 months for the other.

My record for number of good length chapters is...well, every chapter of All That Remains in 2 weeks.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:54 pm

We (Frost and I, I recruited him to help me write) have the same issue, motivation and inspiration, the former less of an issue for Frost but he is usually pretty busy.

I think my best choice would be to work on my story bit by bit since I'm having school issues, get that shit out of the way first then-CRAZY TRAIN INCOMING, WASTELAND LOOK OUT!

EDIT: I fully intend on reading your fic Camo, just have other things at the moment. I aint going back on what I said.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Internets finally back for me. Took a while to get caught up with you nut jobs.

*Season 3*
Spoiler:
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:28 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:Internets finally back for me. Took a while to get caught up with you nut jobs.

*Season 3*
Spoiler:

This little bit makes me wonder if the producers read FoE fics. Topic time. What happened to Fillydelphia after the Return of the Sun? (aside from the city getting molested to death by that sun-laser) Hopefully this one lasts for a bit before I decide to flip a table.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Back from Halloweenin'. Sandy showed up dressed as multitudes of raindrops.
@Writing speed
I wrote a 503 word essay in 45 minutes today, but that was about fuel and energy and nothing hard like writing creatively.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:42 pm

I don't know about word count, but in Lang I consistently write a little over two pages front and back essays in 49 minutes. That's about my only basis for comparison.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Ironmonger wrote:That's something I've been meaning to ask you lot of writers about. How long does it take you all to writer a chapter normally?

*gets a folding chair and sits, folding hands in thought*

With my current strategem, (which is working very, very well so far, allowing me to produce, and I quote, a "[A] High quality HiE story [like this]," which surprises me.) it takes me around one to two-and-a-half weeks to produce a 3000-5000-word chapter.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:47 pm

I got a few virgins (any teenage girl that still Trick'r'Treats is probably a virgin) now all I need is a sword (check) an altar (check) and some incense, garlic, salt and a used murder-axe. I'm running to the store, and while I'm out I'll turn my axe into a murder-axe (guess how).

If all goes well, if I can't get into the Army for whatever reason I'll have a nice fallback career as Avatar of Tchernobog
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm gonna let these topics finish, but right now I have a very strong urge to go after the halloweeners outside my house with an AA-12 loaded with FRAG-12 rounds.
Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:50 pm

That seems a bit harsh for trick or treaters...
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm

Mobile homes have very thin walls, you can hear their occupants walking around when you are outside. My neighbor across the street has a haunted house thing set up making a ton of noise. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.
Just thought I'd turn what would normally be a complaint into a joke someone might get a smile from.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Monger, Sindri, the ritual has succeeded (it's a fairly short ritual, as it turns out.) and all I need to take upon me the great and terrible power that is Dread Lord Tchernobog is two blood-sealed high priests/sycophants. You guys in?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 pm

...Will this get us our cutie marks?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Ironmonger wrote:...Will this get us our cutie marks?
Only one way to find out.

Sweetie Belle Applebloom
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:59 pm

@MrFrost: you went from posting on your computer, to the store, executed a murder, and got back to your computer/phone to post again in six minutes? I'm impressed, you are really are dedicated to this whole ritual thing.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:59 pm

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER WARRIOR-SHAMANS YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:01 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Kippershy wrote:What about her?
I don't think Somber particularly enjoyed my picture of Xanthe with the stealth suit, and I don't blame them.
I can't be certain, but I am inclined to think that you probably don't need to worry about that.
And I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you "don't blame them"; I thought that it was a pretty nice picture...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:05 pm

Erumpet wrote:@MrFrost: you went from posting on your computer, to the store, executed a murder, and got back to your computer/phone to post again in six minutes? I'm impressed, you are really are dedicated to this whole ritual thing.

Yeah I was on my phone this whole time. The murder part was easy. The final kill had to be done with the axe, but I could soften him up with a shotgun first.

His flesh tasted like homelessness.

Also, until Monger and someone else sign in (just prick your finger and write your name on the nearest mirror) all this unbound Tchernobog flowin' through me right now necessitates posting from the shitter. It's black. Sludge like, and every time the bowl fills up a hand starts grabbing at my dong. I'm waiting to see if it will jerk me off or not.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:09 pm

I'm in. Might want to get some thermite for whatever that stuff is though. Send it back where it came from.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:10 pm

I am not putting that stuff back in. That's unbound Tchernobog, right there, man.

I'll probably end up selling it as a cosmetic lotion
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:12 pm

I don't think we've had such an odd ritual here.
In other news, I've found something rather awesome.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:14 pm

@Thread
And.... Frost takes it over the top. I draw the line at scat fetishes and fetishes in general. To use the Kipper standard

Kipper-I had sex... with myself
POST APPROVED
Kipper-I had sex... with a woman
POST APPROVED
Kipper-I had sex... with a man
POST APPROVED
Kipper:I had sex with myself in the following positions
POST DENIED
Kipper: I had sex with another person and we did the following things
POST DENIED
Kipper:I had sex with a minor
The FBI and Scotland yard have been contacted, please wait quietly at your computer until arrest procedures are carried out

Just use the handy chart to know why talking about your fond wish that your own poo would jerk you off might be crossing a line

Last edited by Cptadder on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:16 pm

ketchup504 wrote:I don't think we've had such an odd ritual here.
In other news, I've found something rather awesome.

I think I remember reading that on Cracked

Meanwhile, I've now ascended. Not as dramatic as some people (cough*Iron*cough) did, mostly it was just umbral black wings, some new power coursing through me, the secrets of the nature of reality and a bunch of voices that all sound like Fran Drescher.

Now, I possess power to rival Adder himself. Soon, even the legendary Ironmonger shall now before me.

Edit: sorry if that was over the line. I have no intention of offending you before I eat your soul.

Last edited by Mister Frost on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:17 pm

Instead of vying for control, we could join forces! Tilt

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Instead of vying for control, we could join forces! Tilt

You did help me ascend....

Help me defeat Adder and we shall rule together as bro and bro.

Last edited by Mister Frost on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Important as I believe free speech to be... there are some people here who seem to be getting a bit out of hand. Before you post anything, please do remember that Somber tries to keep up with the forum and is already uncomfortable with posting here.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 pm

Why is he uncomfortable with it in the first place?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Important as I believe free speech to be... there are some people here who seem to be getting a bit out of hand. Before you post anything, please do remember that Somber tries to keep up with the forum and is already uncomfortable with posting here.

Sorry about that. My aforementioned social problems mean I have trouble seeing where the line is most of the time. Combine that with me being pretty much immune to being repulsed or grossed-out by anything and we run into problems. Heathen.

This is like every party I go to. Eeeeeeveryone likes pot brownies, then you pop out the crystal meth cupcakes and suddenly you're the weirdo.

Last edited by Mister Frost on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next