Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+27
MrMagma
CamoBadger
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kattlarv
IncoherentOrange
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
WovenTales
Ketchup
Kippershy
OneMoreDaySK
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
FeatherDust
Caoimhe
Vergil
Ironmonger
Cptadder
RoboRed
Sindri
Frost
31 posters

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Caoimhe wrote:intense!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 TENT

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Oh hey, if anybody here hasn't played them yet, Steam's Halloween sale has the ultimate editions of Fallout 3 for $10 and New Vegas for $15 through the end of the month.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
RoboRed wrote:I'd pay money to see that battle.
You'd probably also want to invest in a very good telescope to watch it with.

re resurrection:
What about when Blackjack died the second time? Granted, that's not a very clear case, but, while we don't know that she was all the way dead (and that pulling a soul out of the everafter isn't significantly more difficult than wrenching it away from the EoS), it is probably the closest thing we have.

Her soul was being torn away from her body, she was the victim of a shadow curse meant to tear her soul out and tear it up. Her body however was fine. Remember we see the same thing with Snips and Snails, they are souls bound to a form, just another soul jar in their own body. There is no creation of new life there only the transferal of it from one place to another. From one vessel to another vessel not direct recreation of the person involved.
Wouldn't repair of the body be relatively trivial, though? Maybe not if she was killed by brain trauma, but if it was a simple shot to the heart, missing lower section, even decapitation... Equestria's got the tech for that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 pm

I recently watched this documentary, and… yeah, 31SR is probably still quite a bit too early (how to build seven piers in 550+ meter-deep water that has currents flowing in opposite directions at different depths…). I've been thinking more about a tunnel, though. I'm thinking a 9m diameter cylindrical tunnel bored by TBMs or, if available, subterrenes and carrying two parallel rail lines. Trains passing through the tunnel would be hooked to dedicated electric locomotives to cut down on ventilation needs, and dedicated passenger and road vehicle cars would be kept handy. The space under (and maybe some beside) the tracks would be used to run power, communications, and drainage pump outflow lines, and the space above (and maybe some beside) the loading gauge would be for the ventilation system. Not sure yet how best to work that, though, as the tunnel length is probably about fifteen klicks, most of it under quite a bit of water. The system, assuming normal operating conditions and nothing going wrong, probably doesn't need to be that robust (a trip through the tunnel probably takes no more than fifteen minutes, maximum, with trains dragging air with them and the only oxygen consumption being from passengers; you'd need to supply passengers with the remained and ensure that no sort of gas could build up in the tunnel, but that's about it). However, show me an engineer who sets the maximum system load at "normal expected capacity and nothing going wrong" and I'll show you someone who isn't (or, at least, shouldn't be) employed; in the event of a breakdown or really heavy usage, more air would be required, but I'm not sure how much or how to best distribute it. I'm also wondering if watertight emergency doors ought to be installed in the tunnel; it's under a good bit of rock, but that's under often more than five hundred meters of saltwater.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 pm

I'll admit, I know next to nothing about architechture (probably a tad more than most folks, but definitely nowhere near an expert) you wanna talk guns i'm your man, though
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Sorry for not being any use Downloaded.
My lassie (contact) is going through a lot right now so I can't really ask anything of her. She gets super fickle when she's upset.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Hinds I'd help if I could but your idea went way the hell over my knowledge of architecture. My area of expertise is tanks, armor, siege, and busting armor.

EDIT: If you're busting armor I think you might want to ask whoever handles that stuff for the next size up. Spike

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:13 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Wouldn't repair of the body be relatively trivial, though? Maybe not if she was killed by brain trauma, but if it was a simple shot to the heart, missing lower section, even decapitation... Equestria's got the tech for that.
Healing potions and even healing talismans provide natural healing. Only Ghouls and Ramapge have built in healing and each are fueling the healing from raw magical energy. Healing potions and the like just accelerate the body's ability to repair. Without healing potions six gunshot wounds are eight months in the hospital, with them it's eight seconds. But they all require a living body to heal with. Live cells which unless you know Flutters is going to die... you just don't have time to ice her or pod her unless she happens to be visiting Project Steelpony when she's killed. Otherwise the body dies to quickly and the resident bacteria in your body starts decomposing you.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:23 pm

I'll just leave this here. Got the wild idea of seeing this turned into ponies and put somewhere in an FoE fic. Because logic work fucking does it how.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I'll just leave this here. Got the wild idea of seeing this turned into ponies and put somewhere in an FoE fic. Because logic work fucking does it how.
hmm...perhaps it could raider clan who worships/follows a Khorne expo maybe?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:29 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I'll just leave this here. Got the wild idea of seeing this turned into ponies and put somewhere in an FoE fic. Because logic work fucking does it how.
hmm...perhaps it could raider clan who worships/follows a Khorne expo maybe?

That would work. I could write in my story that their references to their god are very vague. You'd have to identify him with implications if that makes sense. I'll admit it, I'm obsessed with warhammer. Now I better leave before Adder decides to curb-stomp my face. Shy

EDIT: Talk about facing your problems.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:30 pm

I remember seeing a story wherein the influence of the Chaos Gods came to Equestria. despite the rather common 40k crossovers, however, I've yet to see a Warhammer Fantasy crossover. Seems like you could bring in the characters from Fantasy without it being game-breakingly overpowered or, as one fic did, bringing in a hidden stock of autoguns on the Equestrian side to level the field.

To anyone stuck in Sandy right now: Fear not, for the Emperor protects. We shall stand by your side, my battle-bronies.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mister Frost on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
If that was supposed to be a punny joke, it fell flat on it's face. Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:56 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
I think Iron lost some serious face with that one. Spike
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:59 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote: punny joke
RoboRed wrote: punny

*slams fist on desk* YOU WHORE-I'm kidding.

The only thing falling flat on faces is Adder's boot-heel on my face if I don't stop taking things off topic.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Ironmonger wrote:

The only thing falling flat on faces is Adder's boot-heel on my face if I don't stop taking things off topic.

the hell was the topic again?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Ironmonger wrote:The only thing falling flat on faces is Adder's boot-heel on my face if I don't stop taking things off topic.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Didntgetoff
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

...Uh oh-OH LORD NO-*splat*

Respawn in: 3...2...1...

*bloop* Looks like I couldn't save face that time.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:03 pm

...Christ almighty that was quick...
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Bastionfacehooftrans
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:05 pm

^
That's what she said.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:07 pm

RoboRed wrote:...Christ almighty that was quick...
Don't worry that's just Iron trying to implement a face saving measure.
But his efforts there are more likely for him to end up with egg on his face. Spike
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm

If this keeps up, we ought to rename the topic to "Project Horizons Discussion and Punnery."

Last edited by ketchup504 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm

...*golf clap* Yeah...I pretty much left myself open for that one. (preemptive "that's what she said")

NEW TOPIC: Um...um...uh...crap...I've got nothing.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm

You know what they say about curb stomping. First comes the healing, then comes the hurting.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Heelriding

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Okay, so with hurricane Sandy, I believe I can at least partially retract my previous statements.

Obama's finally getting off his ass and doing his job as the Anti-Christ, as far as harbinger of natural disasters goes, but he's still dragging his feet when it comes to the Mark of The Beast and One World Order. Come on, man.

And don't get me started on Biden. You're supposed to herald Obama's coming, not drop f-bombs on Live TV. Hitler and Gobbels were a way better Anti-Christ/False Prophet duo. can't believe this.....
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

...Uh oh-OH LORD NO-*splat*

Respawn in: 3...2...1...

*bloop* Looks like I couldn't save face that time.

At least you decided to face the truth.

*Edit*

Don't worry about it Kipper. Your friend sounds like she is dealing with some heavy issues right now. I wouldn't want to bother her with a trivial request.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasu Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:36 pm

hey guys, i just found an image of what the hurricane did!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_mcoae1EXRn1qa118co1_500

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Karasu wrote:hey guys, i just found an image of what the hurricane did!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_mcoae1EXRn1qa118co1_500
is that a SHARK?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Spoiler:

dun-dun....

dun-dun....

dun-dun dun-dun dun-dun

dundundundundun
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Sandy shores. Spike

Cptadder wrote:Don't worry that's just Iron trying to implement a face saving measure.
But his efforts there are more likely for him to end up with egg on his face. Spike

That will just egg me on.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next