Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+37
Derpmind
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
Downloaded Skill
Kattlarv
nebulous
Vergil
Nightfire
Rafafidi
Somber
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ametros
Valikdu
Katarn
RandomBlank
Meleagridis
iLateralGX
Icy Shake
WavemasterRyx
Sindri
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Theta
Ketchup
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
OneMoreDaySK
Aonee
IncoherentOrange
Caoimhe
RoboRed
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
41 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm

You beautiful bastards and Somber's dedication to keeping the story alive keep me around. I don't know what it is, but my interest is continually held by this madness unlike many other fleeting obsessions.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:38 pm

We <3 you too, Cao. Twilight Sparkle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Chrysalis
RoboRed wrote:We <3 you too, Cao.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:53 pm

@Caiomhe I'm sure I haven't been around long enough to be one of those people. Heck, I don't even really belong here much at all... yet. Though I have heard that your quest to write this article of yours was what led you here, to this land of lunacy that is the brony fandom.

Listened to chapters 9-12 of Fo:E. Hypothesis holds that, after consuming such material, (while playing Dwarf Fortress) I am capable of writing; I've written... something today. A few hundred words, but still something. I start tenth grade tomorrow, so I'm feeling a little bit disheartened. Once I start reading actual books from the school's supply, I hope I'll be capable of writing at a significant pace again.

Going back to the discussion of literature many pages back, has anyone else here read Metro 2033? I thought it was great. The game doesn't do the novel justice, and even that was great. Unfortunately, Metro 2034 hasn't been translated into English, so I cannot read it. I wish I could.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:57 pm

RoboRed wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 896
NSFW:

Last edited by RoboRed on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler tags, please. Even if it is already censored. -Robo)
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

oh umm lateral if you're going to mod i recommend watching these mod tutorials..

*snip*

there is a play list and 9 other videos to the series, they are awesome

these are your basics and you can really go from there but you absolutely must get NVSE and DarnifiedUI for your modding experience; those are two very important mods i am sure anypony here could stand by me in saying so.

Thank you very much. As for the mod recommendations from you and everybody else. They are noted. I wanna play a little bit of vanilla first. Few hours or so to make sure everything is in order and working properly before I go modifying everything.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Happy to be a thorn in your side!

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Fluttershy_neck_thingy_by_hobbes_maxwell-d4qfqwh

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Rip_van_pony_by_hobbes_maxwell-d4u9473

Heute wollen wir ein Liedchen singen,
Essen wollen wir das leckere Heu
Und die Gläser sollen dazu klingen,
Denn es muß, es muß geschieden sein.

Gib mir deinen Huf, deinen weißen Huf,
Leb' wohl, mein Schatz, leb' wohl mein Schatz,
Leb' wohl, lebe wohl
Denn wir fahren, denn wir fahren,
Denn wir fahren gegen Ponyville, Ponyville!
Ahoi! ^^
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:15 pm

A thorn in my side? Not the idiom I would use. :P

That is a very large image of Fluttershy.

AND a Nazi pony? Awesome.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:16 pm

large yes fits perfectly yes, thumbnail? maybe i dunno
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Heute wollen wir ein Liedchen singen,

Leb' wohl, lebe wohl
Ahoi! ^^
Hm... the first verse might fit the tune of this, but I'm not sure about the rest...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:49 pm

@Kattlarv

The fact that you know these kind of things is slightly disturbing. But interesting lol.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Nope this is sung to the tune of Das Englandlied

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:11 pm

What possible use is that garment in the fluttershy pic on the last page (too lazy to quote)? Looks like some sort of shank for an old timey scuba helmet. :o
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 pm

no it is a leather collar... kinda bondage or it could just be the neck portion of a larger ensemble it looks kinda cute on her ya think?

imagine if you will, the ring that is below her neck were to be used like a muzzle
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:49 pm

I... think I'm seen something similar in use before. Applejack
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Rip_van_pony_by_hobbes_maxwell-d4u9473

Heute wollen wir ein Liedchen singen,

Leb' wohl, lebe wohl
Ahoi! ^^
This is the best possible thing.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:57 pm

On the Nazi media, has anyone here seen Iron Sky yet? I got tickets to see it a week from tonight, and it's something I've been looking forward to since I first saw the trailers for it...what, two, three years ago or more?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Icy Shake wrote:On the Nazi media, has anyone here seen Iron Sky yet? I got tickets to see it a week from tonight, and it's something I've been looking forward to since I first saw the trailers for it...what, two, three years ago or more?
Four years ago it was a dream and a fan made trailer. Now it's a internet sensation and apparently not that bad. But I'll wait for Brad and the Crew to review it over at the Cinema Snob before I go see it. Mostly because their reactions have pretty strongly mirrored mine. That's what a critic does best, act as a proxy or test case for going to see a movie before I go to see it.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Sooooooo... any new art lately?
Sorry... there's just been a combination of personal problems and the inside of my house being consistently around 100F that I just... haven't been able to draw...

3 weeks since my last Boo update... *sighs*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Ooh! Why don't you draw a picture of Boo trying to beat the heat?
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:

*sighs*
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:22 pm

So... I got my FO:E books a few days ago... They're AMAZING. Rainbow
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:On the Nazi media, has anyone here seen Iron Sky yet? I got tickets to see it a week from tonight, and it's something I've been looking forward to since I first saw the trailers for it...what, two, three years ago or more?
Four years ago it was a dream and a fan made trailer. Now it's a internet sensation and apparently not that bad. But I'll wait for Brad and the Crew to review it over at the Cinema Snob before I go see it. Mostly because their reactions have pretty strongly mirrored mine. That's what a critic does best, act as a proxy or test case for going to see a movie before I go to see it.

I've usually enjoyed his stuff, but just get more out of reviews of stuff with closer to A-grade effort put in, and with only so much time available, he was one of the things I stopped fully following. Edit: I mean the movies being reviewed; I have no issue with Brad's level of effort or anything.

Oh, and on the topic of Nazis and space, even out of a lot of good material put out at XKCD, this has been one of my favorites.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Space_launch_system

@CalamityWhen: I'm expecting mine in the next few weeks; it sounded like the domestic ones were going out last.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:57 pm

So in the Wasteland is there a 'taint dating' service for those afflicted with the gift that keeps on giving?

Are there 'taint chasers?'

HMM
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:16 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Sorry... there's just been a combination of personal problems and the inside of my house being consistently around 100F that I just... haven't been able to draw...

I know that feel, I hate the summer heat.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:30 pm

@swicked
Eh, I got no right to complain seeing that. All I got was to be packed in a room full of students, and the AC being stupid and turning on the heat. Windows were sealed and only one door out of the classroom in the basement. Had two classes in that room. Eh, nothing much.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I was told about it while doing research. It sounds like it was written by someone with severe crippling depression.

From what I've heard: A man who lives alone without friends discovers and raises Rainbow Dash as if she was his daughter, a act which amounts to his only joy in life. She even calls him "daddy." I haven't read the story but it sounds like a cry for help from someone too lonely to function.

Fans of it are literally moved to tears. The concept and reaction makes me feel really uncomfortable.
I liked it because it was written skillfully enough to make me react in a strongly emotional way. (I yelled "no" at the screen. Involuntarily.) I didn't find it sad, I just found it awful and unacceptable that Celestia would tear a family apart like that, and even make a show of erasing the main characters' memories of being a family.
Meleagridis wrote:How many of the people here have any sort of connection to the military?
My dad's retired Air Force aircraft maintenance.
IncoherentOrange wrote:Has anyone else noticed the abundance of OC unicorns in this fandom when compared to everything else, even pegasi?
Oh yeah. I made it a point to have my ponysona be an earth pony for that reason. And also because I feel more normal than magical or flight-inclined.
Cptadder wrote:it gets back to the nebulous nature of the show topography as we just got a "canon" map of Equestria which depending on the scale leaves Equestria quite small compared to the Germany sized country most of us were picturing... maybe a bit bigger... maybe Texas or even bigger Saudi Araba sized. I don't think anyone was picturing Equestria on the size range of an Australia or a United States.
I did. And the new official map makes it look around US-sized, what with the snowy north and a desert south.
CalamityWhen wrote:So... I got my FO:E books a few days ago... They're AMAZING. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 3796487374
Tell us about them! *bounces excitedly*

RandomBlank, you have an amazing story for Red Eye. Do you think you could write it into a fic some time?
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:32 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Sooooooo... any new art lately?

I would hug you, but you're probably all sweaty and ew.

So I'll hug Boo instead!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:39 pm

[quote="nebulous"]
Caoimhe wrote:

RandomBlank, you have an amazing story for Red Eye. Do you think you could write it into a fic some time?

I really want this too! Random Makes such an interesting back-story for Red Eye which is, in my opinion, Very true to his Character.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to think he's quite good enough...

Which is wrong.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:08 am

hey random writit and publish it, we won'
t laugh... we will be in awe
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next