Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Heute wollen wir ein Liedchen singen,
Essen wollen wir das leckere Heu
Und die Gläser sollen dazu klingen,
Denn es muß, es muß geschieden sein.

Gib mir deinen Huf, deinen weißen Huf,
Leb' wohl, mein Schatz, leb' wohl mein Schatz,
Leb' wohl, lebe wohl
Denn wir fahren, denn wir fahren,
Denn wir fahren gegen Ponyville, Ponyville!
Ahoi! ^^
Hm... the first verse might fit the tune of this, but I'm not sure about the rest...
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:49 pm

@Kattlarv

The fact that you know these kind of things is slightly disturbing. But interesting lol.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Nope this is sung to the tune of Das Englandlied

Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:11 pm

What possible use is that garment in the fluttershy pic on the last page (too lazy to quote)? Looks like some sort of shank for an old timey scuba helmet. :o
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 pm

no it is a leather collar... kinda bondage or it could just be the neck portion of a larger ensemble it looks kinda cute on her ya think?

imagine if you will, the ring that is below her neck were to be used like a muzzle
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:49 pm

I... think I'm seen something similar in use before. Applejack
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

Heute wollen wir ein Liedchen singen,
Essen wollen wir das leckere Heu
Und die Gläser sollen dazu klingen,
Denn es muß, es muß geschieden sein.

Gib mir deinen Huf, deinen weißen Huf,
Leb' wohl, mein Schatz, leb' wohl mein Schatz,
Leb' wohl, lebe wohl
Denn wir fahren, denn wir fahren,
Denn wir fahren gegen Ponyville, Ponyville!
Ahoi! ^^
This is the best possible thing.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:57 pm

On the Nazi media, has anyone here seen Iron Sky yet? I got tickets to see it a week from tonight, and it's something I've been looking forward to since I first saw the trailers for it...what, two, three years ago or more?
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Icy Shake wrote:On the Nazi media, has anyone here seen Iron Sky yet? I got tickets to see it a week from tonight, and it's something I've been looking forward to since I first saw the trailers for it...what, two, three years ago or more?
Four years ago it was a dream and a fan made trailer. Now it's a internet sensation and apparently not that bad. But I'll wait for Brad and the Crew to review it over at the Cinema Snob before I go see it. Mostly because their reactions have pretty strongly mirrored mine. That's what a critic does best, act as a proxy or test case for going to see a movie before I go to see it.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Nope this is sung to the tune of Das Englandlied

You know, I hoped that was Van Winkle, I really liked that vamp's design.
I really didn't like her, though, she had the most annoying whine...

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Sooooooo... any new art lately?
Sorry... there's just been a combination of personal problems and the inside of my house being consistently around 100F that I just... haven't been able to draw...

3 weeks since my last Boo update... *sighs*
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Ooh! Why don't you draw a picture of Boo trying to beat the heat?
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:

*sighs*
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:22 pm

So... I got my FO:E books a few days ago... They're AMAZING. Rainbow
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:On the Nazi media, has anyone here seen Iron Sky yet? I got tickets to see it a week from tonight, and it's something I've been looking forward to since I first saw the trailers for it...what, two, three years ago or more?
Four years ago it was a dream and a fan made trailer. Now it's a internet sensation and apparently not that bad. But I'll wait for Brad and the Crew to review it over at the Cinema Snob before I go see it. Mostly because their reactions have pretty strongly mirrored mine. That's what a critic does best, act as a proxy or test case for going to see a movie before I go to see it.

I've usually enjoyed his stuff, but just get more out of reviews of stuff with closer to A-grade effort put in, and with only so much time available, he was one of the things I stopped fully following. Edit: I mean the movies being reviewed; I have no issue with Brad's level of effort or anything.

Oh, and on the topic of Nazis and space, even out of a lot of good material put out at XKCD, this has been one of my favorites.

@CalamityWhen: I'm expecting mine in the next few weeks; it sounded like the domestic ones were going out last.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:57 pm

So in the Wasteland is there a 'taint dating' service for those afflicted with the gift that keeps on giving?

Are there 'taint chasers?'

HMM
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:16 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Sorry... there's just been a combination of personal problems and the inside of my house being consistently around 100F that I just... haven't been able to draw...

I know that feel, I hate the summer heat.

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:21 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:

Ugh, the AC went out at my work days ago. 9 hours at a time of air made only hotter by a packed floor of people and computers with windows that don't open.

Edit: I mean, uh...
Three days, so far, with no AC
My work's as bad as it could be
We pack the floor, it's hardly fair
We've windows, but no way to air
You'd think if safety's their concern
They'd try and help before we burn -_-

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:30 pm

@swicked
Eh, I got no right to complain seeing that. All I got was to be packed in a room full of students, and the AC being stupid and turning on the heat. Windows were sealed and only one door out of the classroom in the basement. Had two classes in that room. Eh, nothing much.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I was told about it while doing research. It sounds like it was written by someone with severe crippling depression.

From what I've heard: A man who lives alone without friends discovers and raises Rainbow Dash as if she was his daughter, a act which amounts to his only joy in life. She even calls him "daddy." I haven't read the story but it sounds like a cry for help from someone too lonely to function.

Fans of it are literally moved to tears. The concept and reaction makes me feel really uncomfortable.
I liked it because it was written skillfully enough to make me react in a strongly emotional way. (I yelled "no" at the screen. Involuntarily.) I didn't find it sad, I just found it awful and unacceptable that Celestia would tear a family apart like that, and even make a show of erasing the main characters' memories of being a family.
Meleagridis wrote:How many of the people here have any sort of connection to the military?
My dad's retired Air Force aircraft maintenance.
IncoherentOrange wrote:Has anyone else noticed the abundance of OC unicorns in this fandom when compared to everything else, even pegasi?
Oh yeah. I made it a point to have my ponysona be an earth pony for that reason. And also because I feel more normal than magical or flight-inclined.
Cptadder wrote:it gets back to the nebulous nature of the show topography as we just got a "canon" map of Equestria which depending on the scale leaves Equestria quite small compared to the Germany sized country most of us were picturing... maybe a bit bigger... maybe Texas or even bigger Saudi Araba sized. I don't think anyone was picturing Equestria on the size range of an Australia or a United States.
I did. And the new official map makes it look around US-sized, what with the snowy north and a desert south.
CalamityWhen wrote:So... I got my FO:E books a few days ago... They're AMAZING.
Tell us about them! *bounces excitedly*

RandomBlank, you have an amazing story for Red Eye. Do you think you could write it into a fic some time?
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:32 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:

I would hug you, but you're probably all sweaty and ew.

So I'll hug Boo instead!
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:39 pm

[quote="nebulous"]
Caoimhe wrote:

RandomBlank, you have an amazing story for Red Eye. Do you think you could write it into a fic some time?

I really want this too! Random Makes such an interesting back-story for Red Eye which is, in my opinion, Very true to his Character.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to think he's quite good enough...

Which is wrong.
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:08 am

hey random writit and publish it, we won'
t laugh... we will be in awe
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 am

RoboRed wrote:
CptAdder wrote:
But that's a game balance thing, something that deserves at least six pages of bullet points and two graphs to have a good discussion about.
A.K.A. "Fuck that noise." Spike
A.K.A. "Let's support the casual gamer natively; those few looking for realism are willing to do a bit more work. They'd be tweaking the playstyle anyway."
CalamityWhen wrote:So... I got my FO:E books a few days ago... They're AMAZING.
Lucky! I'm still waiting for mine, but I'm less worried now that I know there are others in the same situation. So they are as high quality as we were told? It's going to be nice when/if they get PH printed. (Were planning on it the last I heard, but let's wait until it's finished.)
nebulous wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:I was told about it while doing research. It sounds like it was written by someone with severe crippling depression.

From what I've heard: A man who lives alone without friends discovers and raises Rainbow Dash as if she was his daughter, a act which amounts to his only joy in life. She even calls him "daddy." I haven't read the story but it sounds like a cry for help from someone too lonely to function.

Fans of it are literally moved to tears. The concept and reaction makes me feel really uncomfortable.
I liked it because it was written skillfully enough to make me react in a strongly emotional way. (I yelled "no" at the screen. Involuntarily.) I didn't find it sad, I just found it awful and unacceptable that Celestia would tear a family apart like that, and even make a show of erasing the main characters' memories of being a family.
The story itself doesn't quite work for me (my inner editor doesn't stay quiet long enough for me to enjoy it or to sympathize with the characters), but I have found that it is a good framework for your own imagination. "Rainbow" in what I've made has much more personality, and a lot of the WTF decisions actually have some emotion-based "tweaks". Still doesn't make for an amazing story, but gives you more stake in the events.
nebulous wrote:
IncoherentOrange wrote:Has anyone else noticed the abundance of OC unicorns in this fandom when compared to everything else, even pegasi?
Oh yeah. I made it a point to have my ponysona be an earth pony for that reason. And also because I feel more normal than magical or flight-inclined.
I'm similar. I'd actually love to be a pegasus (never got over the youthful wish for biological wings), but I feel that I would better fit the earth pony mentality/physiology. Don't know anything else about my ponysona, but he is an earth pony who loves the sky.
nebulous wrote:
Cptadder wrote:it gets back to the nebulous nature of the show topography as we just got a "canon" map of Equestria which depending on the scale leaves Equestria quite small compared to the Germany sized country most of us were picturing... maybe a bit bigger... maybe Texas or even bigger Saudi Araba sized. I don't think anyone was picturing Equestria on the size range of an Australia or a United States.
I did. And the new official map makes it look around US-sized, what with the snowy north and a desert south.
With the number of US-related puns for background cities, that's the feeling I got as well, if a bit smaller. And the map does seem support that height—probably southern Canada to around Oklahoma-latitude, with other territories continuing beyond. Even if it is more compressed east-west than it is north-south, though, it's likely only a fraction of the width.
nebulous wrote:RandomBlank, you have an amazing story for Red Eye. Do you think you could write it into a fic some time?
I'd like to see that as well. If it makes it any easier, Red Eye's seems like it could be a good story to be told through a journal, which might be a bit more familiar of a format for you.

Hmm... that doesn't seem to add anything to continue the discussions. Sorry!
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:57 am

WovenTales wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
CptAdder wrote:
But that's a game balance thing, something that deserves at least six pages of bullet points and two graphs to have a good discussion about.
A.K.A. "Fuck that noise."
A.K.A. "Let's support the casual gamer natively; those few looking for realism are willing to do a bit more work. They'd be tweaking the playstyle anyway."

Try taking a pack of fire geckos in FO2 with a 9mm pistol. I dare you. In NV it's rather easy. In FO2 you'll never, ever be safe from them, not even with the best armor and weapons; a crit can and will OHKO you.

And not all OCs are ponysonas, not nearly; I have numerous pony OCs, none of which are supposed to be like me.

Last edited by IncoherentOrange on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:39 am

@military connections

My grandpa was a demolitions expert in the Army during the Korean War, his father was in WW2, and I will be joining the Army myself when I get in shape.

@ponysonas

I tend to base all of my OCs on realy people, few exceptions.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:34 am

@Iron: Exactly what things? I know plenty of disturbing things :D

@Wave: Sounds like someone hasn't gotten their bi-weekly dose of 50 CC of Boo :P

@Calamity: Grats :3 Would personally might have wanted them as well, but would have wanted the "logically missing part" to be corrected first, I bother myself on that one too much tbh...
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 26

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Iron: Exactly what things? I know plenty of disturbing things :D

Back to the story, anyone have a theory as to what bastard is in the Core? My headcanon is that it's something like Calculator from whatever fallout game that was. It eludes my memory.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 pm

random topic/thought of the day: you know what the best Schmuck Bait is? answer: a fan with no cover on it, we have one at my school and a bunch of people including myself can't help but touch it for whatever reason
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@Robo: (Chart) Hey now! We girls only have about the fanfiction area of the internet to put our dirty thoughts in work without being affected too much of porn norms and stuff, what did you guys expect? xD (though granted, it is heavily affected in some genres)
Never said it was a gender-specific chart...>_>

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down