Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

+7
WavemasterRyx
Moodyman90
hawkeye92
Aonee
Scootayay
Ketchup
Kippershy
11 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 6 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Wave, here's a tip: unless you've arranged to meet with anyone you know well enough to trust, AVOID ALL CONTACT.
People in-game kill for starting gear, or will mistake you for a bandit.

Avoid firing in urban areas, and sneak all the time. In fields and forests, don't bother. If you hear gunshots or impacts nearby, I suggest logging out immediately. Some servers ban for this, but there are a lot of them anyway.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 6 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:10 pm

@ketchup504
Oh I know, thank you, heh. There really wasn't much I could do since you don't start with any weapons (now), and there was no way I could outrun them or hide.

I just flopped around bleeding and laughed at them for wasting ammo on me.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:20 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Wave, here's a tip: unless you've arranged to meet with anyone you know well enough to trust, AVOID ALL CONTACT.
People in-game kill for starting gear, or will mistake you for a bandit.

Avoid firing in urban areas, and sneak all the time. In fields and forests, don't bother. If you hear gunshots or impacts nearby, I suggest logging out immediately. Some servers ban for this, but there are a lot of them anyway.

LOOK, I WAS ONLY JOKING ABOUT DOING THAT TO NEWBIES, DON'T MAKE ME LOOK LIK-

oh...
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Kipper, you aren't a bandit. I know this.

Not sure about Katarn, I saw him kill a passive, armed player.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Unfortunately that's usually the name of the game when survival comes into place. Paranoia rules over everything. Yes that person may have been passive, but could also have been a scout for a bandit group.

Though, did Katarn attempt to talk to the player first?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Nah. We all saw him, but none of us said anything to Katarn. Ketchup and I were in the same room, mere meters apart, but we could not contact him. We don't know why he simply murdered the poor guy as he tried to come out of a small building near the Balota airfield, but we can't dwell on it; it's only a game, and even if the feels and humanity it delivers are brutal and superb, it's not real life, and that guy will respawn. Besides, his corpse had a few useful goodies on it.

And hell yes, paranoia is the name of this game. Everyone with a gun or hatchet can and has reason to kill you. Friendlies are rare, and even genuinely nice people might learn to shoot first and ask questions later.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Tips for survival.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Kipper, you aren't a bandit. I know this.

Not sure about Katarn, I saw him kill a passive, armed player.

wasn't you, was it?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Lol, no. That was a total accident. It was a guy named "Noah Bradley". We passed him on the way to help Katarn in Balota, he was newly spawned. He was killed at the Airfield.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Ah, Katarn mentioned about him.
I just laughed, not thinking about it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:01 am

Guy had a backpack and I don't -.-
And yeah, I try avoid people, if I can. Got only 2 murders, ketchup and that guy. But I become trigger-happy, if someone nearby with guns. Later I shoot unarmed newbie, once, cuz he tried to sneak in my backpack. He survived. See, I can be good. Crazy

We don't need antibiotics now, my friend got shoot in Cherno, while looking through clinic for medicine.

Just get this, in Day Z - there are no friendlies, unless you know them. Players may and will shoot you, if you have good loot/weapon on you. Or just so you won't shoot them.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 am

There are very few who will confirm a friendly status. I encountered a guy with a 9mm in the airfield area. I had an AKM, so I guessed he figured himself outgunned quite a bit. Instead of foolishly taking me on, he helped me cook my meat because I had no matches. I then wisely split before he had second thoughts. The old saying falls flat in Day Z: 'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'. More correct would be this: 'Trust none but those connected to you. Otherwise, run in the other direction'.

You made a logical decision, Katarn. If you hadn't taken him down, he might've been foolhardy enough to ambush us soon afterward, even if he had been wounded by zombies.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:20 am

So you just will know, in patch (~25 july) there will be was installed anti-Alt+F4 monitoring system. I'll find change log and post it here.

Affected Addons:

* dayz_code
* dayz_server (server)
* HiveEXT.dll (server)

Target date:

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)
* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT)

Current Changelog (WIP):

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play
* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login
* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded
* [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded
* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)
* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)
* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)
* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)
* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture
* [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)
* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)
* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position
* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

More here - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42806-pending-update-build-1724/

EDIT: Unrelated. Didn't want to create new thread.
For those, who have games on your steam acc with total cost 50+$ you may register here. It's absolute free, you don't have to pay for anything, but you receive a chance to win a game. If you are kind enough, you may make a giveaway and gift a game to someone else. Again. It's absolute free. You receive up to maximum 300 points and can spend it on participating in giveaways. Points 'regenerate' every hour/minute. But there are maximum 300 points. Good luck on wining games.

EDIT2:
Useful link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38498566/dayzBSminiguide.html
Contain useful info and a lot of mistakes in English, since this was written by my friend. He don't feel like to go and brush it, since he do it, while he working. I'll convince him either to brush it or give me access to source code and I'll brush it. I've brushed it. Still may contain few mistakes, but it's better, than it was before. Link will be updated, if there will be something new posted.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:17 am

Time to see if the update killed/moved me again.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:12 am

Lol, I was hit ONCE and I fell unconscious, with them munching on me. Alt-F4, checked another server, did it again, although I didn't need to. I woke up my brother and he gave me a blood bag after I got up and bandaged myself. I thought I was a goner.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:26 am

What backpack you got right now? Alice pack isn't it?

I swear, if you die yet again, I get the next alice pack no matter what.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:50 am

Yeah. I'm going to stop playing by myself there. Too dangerous around Bor.

I'll try not to die, Kipper. And we could head back to Elektro for another supermarket/high-value residential run. We might get another ALICE pack.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Anyone want to play now?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Died in a complete accident, spawned, got player killed within less then a minute by some newbie bandit who has no skill, tried to find my body but it's gone, let myself die when I couldn't find -ANY- weapons or useful items in the deer stands.

Ah well. It'll be annoying, but that's the game for ya. I'll just have to do another Elektro run or something.

Currently in Cap Golova
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:27 pm

What were the circumstances surrounding the accident?

And the second death illustrates the dangers of the coast.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:42 pm

High ping (240) and over in Bor, tried to go get water but got spotted last moment. dragged all the zombies to the wood hut and killed them all.

the ping made an obvious difference as my shooting wasn't as fine as I'm used to it being.

Got rid of 8 zombies, went back out, zombie spawned on me and broke my leg in one hit. I fell down to the floor, three more run over to me after spawning on me.

I passed out three times in a row as they ate me, killed all four of them after a LOT of gunfire (ping problems again) and bled out before I could do anything more.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Damn, quite the way to go.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 pm

tell me this isn't scary

day z; time played: 848y 10m 4d

(obviously not me personally, but over-all. EIGHT HUNDRED AND FORTY EIGHT (almost nine) YEARS)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Before the end of the year, players will have lived for about a millennium within the inhospitable remains of Chernarus. Wow.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:47 am

I just realized how brutally effective placing a tent in an open field could be for banditry. People would see it, run to it, and be easily picked off from a distance with a scoped weapon.

Just a thought.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:00 am

It's a nice idea, but...

This will be an absolute disaster. People are going to be sniping, throwing grenades and otherwise attacking them. And they are going to do it anyway. Just look at the comments.

Youtube will tell us what happened.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:21 am

I don't know how this will go down, but... dis gon' b' gud.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 am

This won't be good.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:21 am

Did a little searching, found a Winchester 1886, G17, plenty of ammo for both, 1 can of food, 1 bazillion cans of drink, 5 water canteens (1 full, 4 empty. only kept 2 empties in the end).

I also found binocs, watch, hunting knife. I previously had a hatchet, so I'm almost self sustainable now. (well, I am, but I don't know where to find oil cans)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:27 am

btw, be careful now, when firing. Zombies will more gladly run towards you, when you shoot and they spawn in large numbers.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next