Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

+31
chinman
iLateralGX
InLucidReverie
ISuckAtNaming
Scienza
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
cb5
Plasticube
CamoBadger
hawkeye92
Doctor Whooves
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
Icy Shake
Nhim
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Mech
O. Hinds
Valikdu
Fuzzy
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
Salculd
OneMoreDaySK
Cptadder
Kippershy
RoboRed
Aonee
Derpmind
35 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 21 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Looks like Murky Number Seven just updated guys.

So get on that shit.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 21 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:38 am

Well… Sorry about this, but I I've finally decided to stop following the story. Going into this chapter, it was already a case of possibly finding something to renew my interest rather than a risk of finding something to remove it. I read the beginning, wasn't very engaged, skimmed to nearly the middle, then lost my suspension of disbelief and didn't have enough binding me to the story to keep going. Once again, I apologize, but I think that continuing from here would probably just be a sunk cost fallacy for me. I wish you luck for the rest of the story and those who are still enjoying it, though, and I did have a good time with many of the earlier chapters.
I suppose that this is likely similar to how some people feel about PH…
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:14 pm

He kind of did...I mean its a  pretty long story, I'm not even caught up and I've already voiced some concern myself. I suppose Hinds just doesn't find it as gripping as it has been in the past.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:22 pm

swicked wrote:
Silver136 wrote:He kind of did...I mean its a  pretty long story, I'm not even caught up and I've already voiced some concern myself. I suppose Hinds just doesn't find it as gripping as it has been in the past.
He said he wasn't very engaged (not why or what has changed since when he was) and that he's lost his suspension of belief (not what caused it).
That isn't a critique, and he should do one.

I stopped reading this a while back. I never made a list of the reasons why but they were all within the reviews and other posts I've already made in this thread.
Long story short: disappointment in the villains.
That's a bit hypocritical then, I mean its entirely possible Hinds didn't make a list for that same reason.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:34 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
 Going into this chapter, it was already a case of possibly finding something to renew my interest...
He'd apparently already been losing interest beforehand and was hoping something in the new chapter would grab it again. Apparently it didn't.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Never mind. It's just a peeve of mine, when people offer some form of opinion and the first response of someone else is "you can't just say that and run, explain!" Its like at the end of math problems when they say explain your answer, it just bugs me for some reason.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:04 pm

I hate being bad with words

Makes it hard to put what's in my mind into words that make sense

All I can say is: Don't like it? Don't read it

Don't argue with people that do enjoy it, all you're going to do is make everyone miserable

*squirts both of you with water* Stop, go to opposite corners and think about what you've done
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:I hate being bad with words

Makes it hard to put what's in my mind into words that make sense

All I can say is: Don't like it? Don't read it

Don't argue with people that do enjoy it, all you're going to do is make everyone miserable

*squirts both of you with water* Stop, go to opposite corners and think about what you've done
That's sort of what I was trying to say. If someone doesn't like something, don't demand an explanation from them. Just say "okay, that's your opinion" and let them go about their day. If they want to explain they will.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Bingo

And that's a problem with long stories

They tend to repeat themselves

Blackjack solves one problem, dies, comes back to life, solves another problem, dies again, comes back to life...

repeat four times
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:45 pm

swicked wrote:...Hinds, if you have a respectful critique, voice it. Don't just say you have reasons you can't enjoy the story and stop. That doesn't help anybody, least of which the author.
Ah, sorry. Fuzzy did on FIMFiction ask me what broke my suspension of disbelief, though, and I answered there; I gave the information even though I didn't think to volunteer it.

Wow, I'm sorry for causing an argument. It's not the story's length that caused me to lose interest, though (I mean, it's still shorter than PH), it's that I'm just… not really interested in the events of the story. Parts I enjoyed were coming less and less frequently; I skimmed most of the first half of this chapter.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Time to nab the txt file from FfiM, copy it to word and begin reading
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:41 pm

so Im guessing that Blackjack is going to be generosity while Murky will carry friendship when the time come to arm the elements of harmony
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Unrelated to the topic of the thread, but there probably should be at least one earth pony ending up with an element.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaWarWolf Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:11 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:so Im guessing that Blackjack is going to be generosity while Murky will carry friendship when the time come to arm the elements of harmony

What friendship element? I thought there were only 6
DaWarWolf
DaWarWolf
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name: WarWolf
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 am

DaWarWolf wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:so Im guessing that Blackjack is going to be generosity while Murky will carry friendship when the time come to arm the elements of harmony

He means the element of magic. Y'know friendship is magic?

Back to top Go down

Post by DaWarWolf Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:28 am

Last wrote:
DaWarWolf wrote:

He means the element of magic. Y'know friendship is magic?

Scootaloo ...god dammit, I feel so stupid.
DaWarWolf
DaWarWolf
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:15 am

*snorts at the thought of Murk getting the Element of Magic*

...maybe Loyalty?

And he's jumpier than Fluttershy (Even getting mistaken for her by Mr. Peace because he squeaked like her)

Poor colt can't catch a break; Glim's trying to get him in bed with Protege, he gets called a mare on more than one occasion...

I feel like we'd have to re-evaluate the Element Give-away with all the popular FoE fanfics popping up
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by DaWarWolf Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:*snorts at the thought of Murk getting the Element of Magic*

...maybe Loyalty?

And he's jumpier than Fluttershy (Even getting mistaken for her by Mr. Peace because he squeaked like her)

Poor colt can't catch a break; Glim's trying to get him in bed with Protege, he gets called a mare on more than one occasion...

I feel like we'd have to re-evaluate the Element Give-away with all the popular FoE fanfics popping up

Personaly, I dont want any FoE fics to name element bearers. I feel it would just spark more things to hate in sidfics.

"Did you hear asignment edges made johnwhite, the main character, the element of magic."

"REALY! Man, that story just needs to stop trying to be better then the orginal."

"Ya, lets go hate on more stories that we havn't read."

I actually like stories for trying to find the last two elements but to avoid things to hate on( and no matter where there is Always someone hating agansit a story, its getting realy annoing and I dont know how much more I can take) I rather they not. Its sad that this is best idea I can think of.
DaWarWolf
DaWarWolf
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Yeah, leave it vague as "Six ponies representing the Elements of Harmony were gathered to finally fire Gardens of Equestria and blah blah blah...love and joy and rape and revolution covered the land for years later..."
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Or you know we could do like kkat intended and make stories about those characters to fill the slots because you know side storiies are not canon unless somber says it is. Ahahhahaha
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Or make your own convoluted headcanon
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Convolution doesnt shoot straight
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Exactly

To be honest, thinking stories that are this long as being non-canon...

Seems like a slap in the face to the writer of such epics
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by DaWarWolf Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Or make your own convoluted headcanon

Eactly what I do. In my mind all the stories I have read in the FoEverse exist in the same world. Basicaly my dream is for the Epic concluison to everthing FoE related would be the mothership zeta dlc. Every hero would come forth to protect their home from the alien invasion. Sometime during groups of heros would be taken to seperte ships. One with the leaders(Littlepip, Blackjack, Silvlir Storm, ect) another with secondary leads(Glory, Velvet, Glimmir, P-21(MARES!), etc) and the rest filtring to other ships with each set having a author to writing them and each chapter altnating between each set of charcters. All leading the untlmiate battle between The Mothership the size of the indpendese day ship. Basically an expendables story.(or would it be Avengers?) But sadly we live in a world where people hate eachother for stupid reasons when we All like the same thing...Fallout with Ponies. I still havn't found a story I hate and I've read at least 10 of them. My favorite being MN7 but even then thats like saying my favorite ice cream is strawberry. All ice cream is amazing I just chose strawberry over others but I sill love choclate and vaniila. This is my 10 cents in the matter. I just to be able to like all stories without seeing someone hate on one. I guess I can call my self lucky since I'm open minded enough to like everthing but then I stiil get in fights with my brother over the same thing, its just over games instead. :/ Sorry for poor grammer, typing this using an Xbox One. It freakin sucks that my latop screen broke Luna
DaWarWolf
DaWarWolf
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:46 am

That's how life works, unfortunately
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:00 pm

FINALLY got around to reading the latest chapter. Blame the typical chapter length combined with finals week...

Anyways, it looks like all hell is starting to break loose. I pretty much expected it to happen during the attack in Fillydelphia, but not like this, with Protege leading a faction of slaves. Moreover, Protege suddenly getting framed by Shackles and stripped of all rank. Thank god it didn't go worse. I was half expecting him to be executed.

In other news, this part:
Wormtail turned and began to run forward.  His hooves stumbled and shook as he pointed one leg with a grimace and a shriek, trying to intercept Protégé.

“You, slave!  I remind you that you follow me, now get back to your office and keep-”

Protégé shot him in the head without even breaking stride or glancing to the side.
Words coming instantly out of my mouth: "GET FUCKED, NERD!!"
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Wormtail

first thing that came to mind was Peter Pettigrew from Harry Potter
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:10 am

Act 3's cover art is out.
Spoiler:
Source
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:21 am

Dat...uh...burning cityscape

Also looks like something out of Attack of Titan, what with the wall and all...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:57 am

I'm calling it right now. 
Spoiler:
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next