Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

+31
chinman
iLateralGX
InLucidReverie
ISuckAtNaming
Scienza
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
cb5
Plasticube
CamoBadger
hawkeye92
Doctor Whooves
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
Icy Shake
Nhim
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Mech
O. Hinds
Valikdu
Fuzzy
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
Salculd
OneMoreDaySK
Cptadder
Kippershy
RoboRed
Aonee
Derpmind
35 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 12 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by Kippershy Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:15 pm

So, someone told me the spoiler in the thread when I asked for it.

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 12 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Okay, I just finished the new chapter.
I..!
That...!

Keep up the good work Fuzzy. That's all I can really say outside of a spoiler tag.

Not really spoilers, but avoid if you haven't read the chapter:
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:03 am

Well, I decided to stop waiting for FIMFiction to let you upload 17, and I've just finished reading the chapter.
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Going to spoiler this because, well, spoilers. Big time.
Spoiler:

I think I'm going to pour myself a stiff drink now.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:44 pm

@Swicked:
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:43 am

goodbye sleep! thy name is not rum!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:59 am

Snippets of thought from 17:
Spoiler:
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:52 am

seventeen, s intense and you have 27 rough planned!? gaah!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:04 pm

My apologies, I'm out and about right now a lot or in only very late, using my phone to check these the now. Rest assured I will respond to it once I have access to a keyboard again! Thanks for offering your thoughts, looking forward to discussing some. :)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:26 am

swicked wrote:
Spoiler:
Assuming we use the same memory-wipe mechanics as PH, he'd definitely stay traumatized, at the very least. Scotch Tape's fear was barely affected, and she was only petrified of machines. The original plan for the chapter would have been a particularly bad Despair Event Horizon TVTropes! where just about the only way Murky could ever recover enough for even basic thought would be by giving him a lot of time—it would probably take several years of calm before he became functional again—and he has less of that than just about any other slave. Especially if Sooty Morass put him up for multiple sessions, or was able to pull the right strings to get him for repeated or regular shifts. If anything, forgetting why he was traumatized would only make it harder to recover, despite being an interesting parallel to Glimmer.

He is a rather fragile character, isn't he? Though after his lifetime of slavery and his luck in masters, it does seem like he'd migrate to one of the extremes out of necessity. Makes an interesting contrast to the usual focuses of the wasteland, and a nice prompt for examining psychology. (Though you definitely have me beat on that front.)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
On that note, I'm a few pages into the next chapter and have written pages worth of my own thoughts on the psychology of Chainlink, Murky and, particularly, Brimstone.
I think about this fic too much.
Those do sound interesting. Mind posting them at some point, or giving links to offsite docs if they'd be too long for here?
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 am

swicked wrote:
WovenTales wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

WovenTales wrote:
On that note, I'm a few pages into the next chapter and have written pages worth of my own thoughts on the psychology of Chainlink, Murky and, particularly, Brimstone.
I think about this fic too much.
Those do sound interesting. Mind posting them at some point, or giving links to offsite docs if they'd be too long for here?
Kay, it's not quite all done, but I'll post it when I can... or just wait for the review to be finished. I dunno.
Oh, I wasn't imagining you'd put it up immediately. Just saying that it might be fun to read when you are done with it, even if that is several chapters from now (and not that you need to do anything even then). More noting my interest than anything else.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Right, swicked! Sorry it took a bit, as I said, not been at my PC for proper typing!

First off, those song lyrics. Oh goodness me I'm in the early 2000's all over again. :p

Spoiler:

I'm working on your corrections now between FimFic and Gdocs. Thanks so much for them. A few things to add to the ever-growing "edits list" for the changes post finishing the story as well. :)

So many thanks for your insightful looks, honest critiques and entertaining methods of reviewing, swicked.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:40 pm

- Fixing the Sunny issue in Chapter 8 once and for all.

- Barb's little abode in Chapter 12 being made more properly raider like for what happens in there.

- Clarifying some moments of dialogue to be more punchy, far too many to really note.

- Changing some bits with Minstrel to make his deception less obvious.

Should there be bits I haven't noted you recall me saying for...do remind me! I lost my original list to recreate it from memory a few weeks ago.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 pm

swicked wrote:...to be honest, I really wish Weathervane would have gotten to keep Lilac. I hope that somehow happens at some point. I think Weathervane needs more to keep going, especially if/when he finds out about Sundial.
I can just imagine a scene where he learns about it and feels himself slipping into rage and depression, his sanity fleeing him, when Lilac asks him what's wrong and all of it comes back in a snap, he hugs her, cue waterworks.
It would be just the kind of sap and special-ness I've come to expect from this fic :P

...SOMEONE MAKE A COMIC OF THIS

THE FEELS WILL BE FELT ACROSS THE WORLD
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Finally got around to reading the latest chapter.

...What...
...I...just...
...What?...
...It can't end this way, and I doubt it will, but still...poor Murk...

Also, totally called Brim's battle ending with the mine the moment Bonecrusher walked in. I figured he'd also be the one large enough to set it off.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Swicked, you are so lovably twisted. Crazy
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:05 am

swicked wrote:I'm not even vaguely concerned about the ending. Wanna know why?
From one of the last parts of my review:

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Oh swicked, your reviews are as entertaining as the chapter themselves.

And I always love reading those scenes you put together. I laughed way too much after the ones in this review.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 pm

So about the end of ch.17, again:

Why am I putting this in spoiler tags?:
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:13 am

Swicked wrote:That would be a hilarious site to see, Murky trying to catch Brimstone were he to jump off a building.

"Don't worry, Brim, I'll catch--" SPLAT
:)

Swicked wrote:Anyway, flimsy creatures made of magiced-together wood would probably be near the bottom of my list of magical beasts likely to get through the apocalypse and hundreds of subsequent years unscathed.
I'd disagree, actually, based on what we've seen of them and what we don't know. There's still plenty of wood, dead and "living" in the Everfree, after all, meaning still plenty of parts for timberwolves to assemble themselves out of. And who knows what effects the tainted nature of that wood might have.

Swicked wrote:Crowd is singular and denotes a group, like forest. That should be a “was”.
Actually, though I am not certain, I believe that this may be a difference between American and Commonwealth English, in the same way that corporations are referred to as being plural (ie, "Microsoft are" rather than "Microsoft is").
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:15 am

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:And who knows what effects the tainted nature of that wood might have.
Tainted as in always tainted, or tainted as a result of the apocalypse and balefire fallout?
The entirety of the woods has become warped by the star poison or whatever, I thought. It made the killing joke worse. It made the cockatrices worse. Star beasts have gotten worse. Everything's worse.
All the animals in Equestria are even more twisted versions of what they once were, with exception to Manticores and maybe that one Hydra (I don't remember if Somber made him especially twisted, though it DID still have significant taint in its blood, so yeah).
I figure anything and everything made of organic matter can be considered to of been mutated as a result of this. That's how it worked in the fallout games, at least.
Timberwolves are already pretty dynamic, it seems like. They make themselves out of what's available around them and can combine into a single massive wolf with a seemingly singular consciousness if they so desire. This already adaptable nature of theirs, I would think, would lead them to get even more screwed up by their environment so radically changing.
Ah, but here we're getting into the question of what a timberwolf is. Is it the assembly of parts, or is it the assmbler of parts? If the former, you have a point. If the latter, however, timberwolves could remain fundamentally the same and just be making their bodies out of more dangerous stuff.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:55 pm

I loved the imagery in this chapter, some really amazing scenes that were made. Hell I loved everything about this chapter.

Spoiler:

I wish I could give as good a review as you give me as good a chapter....

I loved it, as I do most. This entire situation was done perfectly, and I shutter to think how much work it took to make everything go just right writing this.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Why oh why did my email alerts not tell me this thread was active. Sorry I've missed so much! I'll get around to review checking later on tonight swicked and get more responded. I'm just frantically handling the chapter launch right now. :p
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Why oh why did my email alerts not tell me this thread was active. Sorry I've missed so much! I'll get around to review checking later on tonight swicked and get more responded. I'm just frantically handling the chapter launch right now. :p
The-- Blast. Well, at least those spoilers weren't much. (I'm still not seeing an update on FIMFiction, though.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:04 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:Why oh why did my email alerts not tell me this thread was active. Sorry I've missed so much! I'll get around to review checking later on tonight swicked and get more responded. I'm just frantically handling the chapter launch right now. :p
The-- Blast. Well, at least those spoilers weren't much. (I'm still not seeing an update on FIMFiction, though.)

FimFic always takes a while. For some reason their importer just seems to hate anything that isn't an Apple computer and refuses to let me do it. I need to wait for DW to be around to do it for me. It's part of the primary reason I chose Gdocs as my main focus, given FimFic is notoriously unreliable in my experience.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 pm

fuzzy in the climax of the sequence, I could not help but envision this:

Spoiler:

I still have a few more pages to read so I will be back later with all of my ass kissery

Edit:

Commence Ass kissery
Fluttershy Crazy Dash clapping Dancing PinkiePie Coo

Spoiler:

yeah so, April 12th huh?

Last edited by Admiral Stoic Rum on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 pm

FUZZY!

That was a rather enjoyable chapter. Seemed to go on a bit long but at the same time it helps conveys the mental/spiritual/metaphysical journey Murky had to go through so I can give that a pass.

So my feelings of the chapter, the whole chapter...
Spoiler:

I think "He ran towards the sunset to catch the last rays of sunlight" would be a good thing to put on a gravestone. Provided you don't come up with something better by the end of the story.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:FUZZY!

That was a rather enjoyable chapter. Seemed to go on a bit long but at the same time it helps conveys the mental/spiritual/metaphysical journey Murky had to go through so I can give that a pass.

So my feelings of the chapter, the whole chapter...
Spoiler:

I think "He ran towards the sunset to catch the last rays of sunlight" would be a good thing to put on a gravestone. Provided you don't come up with something better by the end of the story.

but moody, there is no way on this green earth murky dies, he is giving an interview, so we already know that he lives. this story anyway. its so cool, eve if he may be on his deathbed, but I doubt that. you think this is an interview with velvet remedy about wielding generosity or magic/friendship?

That is what I took this story as for a long time.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Other then Generosity what was the other Element that they where missing?

Also, I'm kinda worried about what's to come since there, what, at least 10 more chapters planned?

I mean, Murky Number Seven is the story that keeps making me go "I'm reading about a protagonist in a Fallout Equestria story, things are going to get a whole lot worse."
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:43 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Other then Generosity what was the other Element that they where missing?

Also, I'm kinda worried about what's to come since there, what, at least 10 more chapters planned?

I mean, Murky Number Seven is the story that keeps making me go "I'm reading about a protagonist in a Fallout Equestria story, things are going to get a whole lot worse."

Friendship/Magic is the other one. Seems fitting he would wear a tiara.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next