Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

+31
chinman
iLateralGX
InLucidReverie
ISuckAtNaming
Scienza
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
cb5
Plasticube
CamoBadger
hawkeye92
Doctor Whooves
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
Icy Shake
Nhim
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Mech
O. Hinds
Valikdu
Fuzzy
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
Salculd
OneMoreDaySK
Cptadder
Kippershy
RoboRed
Aonee
Derpmind
35 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven Empty Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by Derpmind Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Murky Number Seven (Hub Page)
So this is basically an offshoot from the Project Horizons discussion. Hopefully this will be a good thread.

*Tries to think of a good intro for MNS, fails* Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven 1751538862

So anyways, anyone else here read ch.8 yet, or am I the only one who has read that far? Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven 4206338362

Seriously huge spoiler.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Derpmind on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by Aonee Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:47 pm

I've read chapter 8. I jumped for joy in the beginning, and flipped tables at the end.
My Discussion-Starting Theory:
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by RoboRed Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:54 pm

I just finished chapter 1. Holy buckets...*goes back to reading*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:40 pm

I've tried to read it, but I'll have to quit for tonight.
Seems okay I suppose, not too far in it though so maybe it'll grow on me.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:58 pm

I posted my opinions over in the thread, guess I'll repost them here
Spoiler:

Now as to my current opinion having read Chapter 8, I like the story for the bits between the time we spend in Murky's head which is mostly whining and crying. When he's being active it's interesting but he spends way to much time sitting there feeling sorry for himself. I blame my upbringing but in my head every time he starts feeling sorry for himself I want to box his ears and tell him to rub some dirt on it and walk it off.

Not exactly helpful or hygienic advice but hey it works wonders! Not always good wonders but still.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Why does each chapter make me sad!?
Spoiler:
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Finished ch2....you guys weren't kidding about him having rotten luck...poor, poor Murky...;_;
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Salculd Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Sunny

Spoiler:

I really want to see fanart of a doped up Murky being fascinated by a trash can now, though.
Salculd
Salculd
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name: Uncreative Name
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Oh wow. Read this through now. Insanely grim. Not quite in the same way as project horizons but it was was wow.

We got another winner in the FOE fanfics. Absolutely stunning. Reminds me of 1984 in a big way. Small glimmers of hope that get taken away at the last second. Wow. I LOVE THIS!

The last chapter shook me to the core. Literally. oh man. Suprised I am not crying.

In terms of story speculation. How long till the big war? Can't be too long considering that story began the day before Lilpip's escape from Filly. In which case freedom might be an option. If he can survive.

This is such a unique story in the FOE Fandom. From a unique perspective. If anyone didn't hate red eye in the story, they should hate him now. It's nice to see from the slaves perspectives than the Slavefreer's. Almost refreshing to have a male for once in a good FOE fic.

I just really want to hug the little guy. Forever. That is a good thing.

Also I cannot wait to see the Master die. Really badly. Protege I want to live though. To see the new Equestria without slavery. Hopefully gets put on trial by the NCR for slavery and war crimes.

Just wow I'm sorry for the incoherence but the story is just spinning round in my brain and I want to let loose my gratitude but can't. Seriously though whoever made this has a free pass to take anything they want from me so long as they continue making this. Same with Somber And Khat.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Spoiler:
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 pm

As much as I love Murky Number Seven, it's the fic that keeps making me go "He's gonna make it! He's gonna to escape! Oh wait.... he's a protagonist in a Fallout Equestria side fic... no he's not."
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:42 pm

So, relevant comment from the author's tumblr:
Fuzzy wrote:I had indeed spotted the thread, sometimes I just
search for “Murky Number Seven” on Google to see what pops up. It’s
being discussed in the most interesting of places, including the EA
Forums, an Australian Brony site, Cloudsville of course, TV Tropes
(there is a page set up for it, empty though, darn!) and occasionally
/mlp/. (Although I have never seen the content here, not being a viewer
of that area, I always miss the threads before they die)

I took a gander at Cloudsville and the comments are wonderfully
insightful and appreciative, it brought a smile to my face to see how
much people were considering, theorising and discussing it. I considered
popping in to say ‘hi!’, but I do wonder if it would be best to let
things just naturally discuss without me. If anyone wants to directly
discuss with me, I often hang out on the FO:E Reddit where Cogitosum666 sets up discussion threads too. WHo knows, maybe I’ll pop in eventually to Cloudsville, it seems like a lovely forum with a few faces I recognise.

To all the Cloudsvillers,
thank you for your wonderful feedback. I dearly hope that it may
continue as times go forward, it’s been delightful to see how people are
viewing and interpreting the story and helps my future writing a whole
bunch.

- Fuzzy
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Well that's nice of Fuzzy, wondering when our comments will get big enough to get him over here.

OAN
Murky number seven is grim because of Murky, remove him and this is almost a happy go lucky odd couple story about Brimestone and Glimmer getting into highly lethal hijinks.
*Edit
Weathervane could join the party and it would be complete, the Psycho Ex-Raider, the former Ranger and party pony and the foul mouthed Ghoul Doctor. All they need is a crazy goal or an apartment and it would almost be sitcom material.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Well, in that case, by your own thoughts and feelings I suppose it is best I rear my rambling head around here then. Hello there.

As I mentioned in my tumblr, this has been an incredibly wonderful thing to read, for both the praise (I can be honest!) and the criticism. Both are always welcome to me. Across both the PH thread and this one, it's been a joy to read through it and see what folks are thinking.

I should state though that I maintain a stance of "Neutral reaction" to most theorising on things that are yet unknown (such as Protégé) to avoid giving accidental allusion of spoiler hints to readers that may tip them off. So a handy hint is to never read into anything I say too deeply here. Just to get that out the way so you know, I'd hate to spoil my own story for people!

Seeing comments from tyler wanting to hug Murky or cry at the story is honestly enough to make me want to just squee. FO:E gave me reactions I never thought a story could in a similar way, it's great to hear people have seen anything to emotionally get to them in mine. Furthermore, I am not sure who it was i nthe PH topic (Swicked I think?) who made a beautiful post about how the story is more about hope than the nightmarish things he goes through. That is precisely what MN7 is about. That little glintof hope that's always inside. Dare to dream, as the story says.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:01 pm

We've attracted Fuzzy, now we just have to wait until he uses the always relevant PHCC pic.
On another topic, has anyone else realized that Mirky's cutie mark actually represents his ability to break free of the bonds of slavery? I mean come on, it's an open set of shackles, and not to mention he got it while running away from one of his masters.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Aonee wrote:We've attracted Fuzzy, now we just have to wait until he uses the always relevant PHCC pic.

I believe I've set a new record for myself in becoming lost in an acronym almost immediately. PHCC? Project Horizons Contempary Coach? Project Horizons Concessions Charge?
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm

If I remember correctly, it doesn't actually stand for something, we just use it to refer to the group that hung out in the comments section of PH, i.e. swicked, OAC, O. Hinds, Guard, etc. I always just think of it as the Project Horizons Comments Crew.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Ah, I see. Well, I certainly did hang out there for a long time writing feedback until my own writing stopped me having the time to offer such stuff to Somber. I do kinda feel bad about that...perhaps I should email the guy, let him know what I think of it even briefly over the time since I last commented.

Still not sure about what image it is, but then it is 2:30AM where I am right now and my mind has already been blown in very weird ways by what popped up on tumblr today through the MN7 channel.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:36 pm

I can fix that. *Starts searching through threads*
Wait. I have it bookmarked.
http://kzp.in/files/89/20543880.png
And I think it might be applicable in that situation. Although I have to wonder who said to draw Murky like one of those French girls...
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven Tumblr_m5sku3sdjY1ryjeayo1_1280
Source.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:25 pm

That would be the instruction of two of my more...unhinged...prereaders. Harl demanded it and Mira made it a reality. Those two gals are mad, I tells you. I still facepalm every time I see this.

In a sort of...so insane it's hilariously confusing kind of way, of course.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Do we even want to know what's coming tomorrow?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Given the way they've been giggling over skype lately, I can only sit in dread.

Although they did mention they wanted to take a shot at something involving Glimmerlight.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:30 pm

And what's seen, can not be unseen.

Time to drink some zap apple whiskey till I puke. Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven 1050834305

Back to the actual story, my earlier comment aside I really do love Murky Number Seven. I love the characters, including the ones I HATE. I love the setting, as soul crushing as it can be at times.
And it's always a joy to see a new chapter go up. Like back a few weeks ago when MNS, Heroes, and PH updated the same week. Made it the best birthday present ever.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Given the way they've been giggling over skype lately, I can only sit in dread.

Although they did mention they wanted to take a shot at something involving Glimmerlight.
Prepare yourselves... Maid!MurkyxGlimmerlight is coming.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Back to the actual story, my earlier comment aside I really do love Murky Number Seven. I love the characters, including the ones I HATE. I love the setting, as soul crushing as it can be at times.
And it's always a joy to see a new chapter go up. Like back a few weeks ago when MNS, Heroes, and PH updated the same week. Made it the best birthday present ever.

I'm glad I could have a hand in that. Happy belated Birthday. :)

Aonee wrote:Prepare yourselves... Maid!MurkyxGlimmerlight is coming.

With those two girls plotting (appropriate term...), you never know.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
Aonee wrote:Prepare yourselves... Maid!MurkyxGlimmerlight is coming.

With those two girls plotting (appropriate term...), you never know.
Really? They might be scheming.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Aonee wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:Given the way they've been giggling over skype lately, I can only sit in dread.

Prepare yourselves... Maid!MurkyxGlimmerlight is coming.
Bah, if that's the best your depths of the Internet can do I say bring it on. Mine eyes have seen horrors beyond count, wonders and terrors to shatter the minds of mere mortals.
And besides the British have a rich tradition of the male senior offices dressing up in drag including French maid uniforms to entertain the troops and keep moral up. And no, outside of the certain regiments not THAT kind of entertaining of the troops.

And as said before, like MN7 the story, hate MN7 the pony. Don't want to hug him, no sympathy for that level of self pity. But hey look on the bright side, remember that special building Protege sent you to, full of raiders and other murderous scum? Good news! They are all (mostly) dead! It means you get to sleep on one of the nicer piles of refuse and you get to spend more time with your adopted Step Dad since he has so fewer bits of raider trash to keep in line, you'll have ever so much fun... well one of you will be having lots of fun at least. At least you'll have Glimmer to keep you company (maybe).
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:06 pm

At first I was slightly happy with the thought of Murky spending time with Brim, then I remembered Brim escaped and realized who you were actually talking about...

Last edited by Aonee on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Cptadder wrote:And as said before, like MN7 the story, hate MN7 the pony. Don't want to hug him, no sympathy for that level of self pity. But hey look on the bright side, remember that special building Protege sent you to, full of raiders and other murderous scum? Good news! They are all (mostly) dead! It means you get to sleep on one of the nicer piles of refuse and you get to spend more time with your adopted Step Dad since he has so fewer bits of raider trash to keep in line, you'll have ever so much fun... well one of you will be having lots of fun at least. At least you'll have Glimmer to keep you company (maybe).

You really could be writing for the Fillydelphian tourist board pamphlet to returning slaves. :p

swicked wrote:Sometimes it pays to be a poet/philosopher :P
Honestly,
there are several types of stories to me. Stories I cannot read,
stories I don't want to read, stories I enjoy to read and stories I have
to read.
While PH is a very strong enjoy to read, yours is a have to.
As
a quick note I'm not saying MN7 is better than PH (it'd be really hard
to beat that plot), I'm just saying that it engages me more emotionally
than PH does with its characters and undertones.
Hope is my second
most favorite theme for a story and it makes me feel really good to read
it. Just really earnestly happy. I'm glad my freaking out about how
much I loved the story in the PH thread has, in part, resulted in
several more readers and future readers, a topic to discuss it in, and
sufficient bait to get you to show up.
I have not read the most
recent chapter but I really look forward to doing a review of it,
assuming you're wanting them? Maybe a reading review. For some reason I
think somber once said she particularly appreciated being able to know
what was going through the reader's head at every given point.

So
yes, thank you for your wonderful story, and again, that whole audio
log running-through-the-stable had me on the edge of my seat :D

Accursed posting while I'm posting meaning editing and hoping it's seen...

:P

I would be absolutely overjoyed, as I very rarely get that kind of feedback in comment or review form. Chapter 8 especially is a good one for that sort of thing. I would never feel right to directly ask, but if it was something you intended, I would be most grateful. And so too, for the rather wonderful comments, I'm glad it means that much to you. Thank you for recommending it too, I would be a lying author indeed if I said that wasn't awesome to hear!
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next