Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

+31
chinman
iLateralGX
InLucidReverie
ISuckAtNaming
Scienza
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
cb5
Plasticube
CamoBadger
hawkeye92
Doctor Whooves
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
Icy Shake
Nhim
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Mech
O. Hinds
Valikdu
Fuzzy
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
Salculd
OneMoreDaySK
Cptadder
Kippershy
RoboRed
Aonee
Derpmind
35 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 20 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by O. Hinds Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:53 am

Wow, a long one this time.
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 20 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by RoboRed Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Gritty-style drawing of Murk and Glimmer:
Spoiler:
Source
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:47 pm

You should remedy this situation.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:48 pm

I'm not sure I've really been taking him too seriously when I read it, so I might be wrong here, but: I think the point is more to freak your enemies out than to actually just be crazy for crazy's sake. Wildcard and his crew are all about projecting presence and getting under everyone's mental hide. That's not to say the drugs they take all the time aren't real, just that they deal with crazy the same way the deal with danger: Headfirst along the edge.

Sorta like how Pinkie Pie isn't supposed to be a lolrandom character...
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:23 am

So I completely overlooked this for a while...: http://asktheslaves.tumblr.com/post/78366529820/bit-of-a-fun-gag-post-for-yall-guest-starring-a
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:23 pm

I like your analysis, but I'm afraid that I can't think of aught to contribute to it at the moment.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Got off my lazy ass(again) and read the latest chapter. No no, there hasn't been a new one in the past few days, but the one swicked was talking about up above.

Hate to think I'm burned out on ponies, but I haven't watched the past three episodes of the show and I put off reading this chapter and the latest one for PH for a long while. I still enjoy them, but I don't feel compelled to read/watch them NOW and more content to wait.

That said, the break between chapters( longer since I did put off reading it) made me have to rethink everything about the characters a bit.
I remember Murky was getting stronger, but I had forgotten how strong he's become.
I remember Protege being broken and enjoying it, but I didn't realized how broken he was. Nor just how much of a slave he still is. Oh yeah, it's always been there, but it seemed to have been cranked up for this chapter. Must have been the desperation.

Ragini's death was... not predictable but didn't come as a complete shock. She got to see Murky "fly", told Protege off by telling him she didn't give a damn about the contract, and got one last chance to be a badass before Wildcard stopped having fun. All in order to break Protege and set up that ending.

There still seems to be something going on about or between Unity and Protege. Am I reading into something not there or missing something?
Speaking of Unity, I can't really say much I haven't already. I like her, but I still ship Sunny Number Seven. Her ability to tell magic signatures apart is cool I will admit that.
While I always enjoyed the long chapters, I feel it did a disservice here since it pretty much highlights in bold letters "Brimstone is going to lose!" The rematch better be worth it.

So many questions answered, so much to break Protege, so much snow, warm feelings and darkness. Though with the homestretch well within sight, the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a tiny one in the distance but pretty much only a few yards away with some thick heavy curtains hung to hide it.

Despite all this, still looking forward to the next chapter. And the one after that. Don't even know if Fuzzy comes by here anymore, but I don't see that as a reason to stop posting.

Oh, and since nobody has posted it, this went up April 30.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon May 19, 2014 2:54 pm

i walked in to the HUB page being edited... release is soon
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon May 19, 2014 3:36 pm

the chapter is released

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uR4RUoWtwhPxK6nOEVyG2v9zLSNzH5a-iR-YMKbffsQ/edit
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon May 19, 2014 6:12 pm

THE NOISES I MADE THIS CHAPTER.

I DID NOT KNOW I COULD MAKE THOSE.

THANK YOU FUZZY.

I'M GONNA DIE HAPPY.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue May 20, 2014 12:06 am

*squee*
That whole chapter. So fun, so many revelations. It's not over yet. though. Cynical part of me says things in 25 are gonna take a dive immediately. It's going too well.
But for the moment.
*squee*

Also, you sly one! I've sung those songs enough times to recognize bits and pieces of the lyrics, from both Wicked and Frozen. You, you,
*squee*

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!
You... Now I'm imagining Glinda as Protege and Murk as Elphaba. GEt IT OUT OF MY HEAD WHY WHY WHY *facedesk*
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue May 20, 2014 1:13 am

Moodyman90 wrote:As much as I love Murky Number Seven, it's the fic that keeps making me go "He's gonna make it! He's gonna to escape! Oh wait.... he's a protagonist in a Fallout Equestria side fic... no he's not."

I said that on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 pm on this very forum.

Been reading Murky Number Seven little over 2 years now. Always though how cool it was that chapter 6 just happened to come out on the same day as my birthday. "Lighting the Darkness".

Two years later, on the day after my birthday we have Chapter 24: Defying Gravity.

The story is still far from over, but the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter and clearer than the Sun, and while things may cause it to go dim, those are nothing compared to the darkness we've been through to get to this point.

Other than "I really enjoyed this chapter" all I'm going to say is that you played me Fuzzy. Played me just like you played Murky. You clever bastard did you play me. But what fun is reading a story you can figure out well ahead of times?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 20, 2014 4:50 am

Comments on the new chapter:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue May 20, 2014 9:06 am

Saying it once again. Protege-Sempai~
Please notice me sempai~

*gags*
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue May 20, 2014 12:17 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:THE NOISES I MADE THIS CHAPTER.

THANK YOU FUZZY.

I'M GONNA DIE HAPPY.
I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

FUZZY HOW DO YOU DO IT.

ITS SO BYUOOOTIFUL.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue May 20, 2014 9:54 pm

Oh my god...

That was absolutely amazing.

I AM FILLED WITH SO MANY WARM FUZZY FEELINGS RIGHT NOW.

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed May 21, 2014 9:58 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:*squee*
That whole chapter. So fun, so many revelations. It's not over yet. though. Cynical part of me says things in 25 are gonna take a dive immediately. It's going too well.
But for the moment.
*squee*

Also, you sly one! I've sung those songs enough times to recognize bits and pieces of the lyrics, from both Wicked and Frozen. You, you,
*squee*

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!
You... Now I'm imagining Glinda as Protege and Murk as Elphaba. GEt IT OUT OF MY HEAD WHY WHY WHY *facedesk*

Nothing from Frozen in there, I'm afraid! I'm actually not one of the bigger fans of it, purely down to over-exposure and not enjoying Idina's voice too much. (Kerry Ellis ftw. :3) Defying Gravity certainly is though. The story was made on its own originally, but after seeing the show in London I realised how close in tone the two scenes were. As such it only felt right to pay homage with the chapter title and a few lines. Elsewise people might have thought I was just copying!

Moodyman90 wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:As much as I love Murky Number Seven, it's the fic that keeps making me go "He's gonna make it! He's gonna to escape! Oh wait.... he's a protagonist in a Fallout Equestria side fic... no he's not."

I said that on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 pm on this very forum.

Been reading Murky Number Seven little over 2 years now. Always though how cool it was that chapter 6 just happened to come out on the same day as my birthday. "Lighting the Darkness".

Two years later, on the day after my birthday we have Chapter 24: Defying Gravity.

The story is still far from over, but the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter and clearer than the Sun, and while things may cause it to go dim, those are nothing compared to the darkness we've been through to get to this point.

Other than "I really enjoyed this chapter" all I'm going to say is that you played me Fuzzy. Played me just like you played Murky. You clever bastard did you play me. But what fun is reading a story you can figure out well ahead of times?

Hehehehe, it's been a nightmare to keep this one under wraps. Every time I dropped one of the clues from Chapter 1 onwards I worried over what people might think or guess. I'm so very glad it stayed a secret this long.

iLateralGX wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:THE NOISES I MADE THIS CHAPTER.

THANK YOU FUZZY.

I'M GONNA DIE HAPPY.
I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

FUZZY HOW DO YOU DO IT.

ITS SO BYUOOOTIFUL.

"Byuoootiful", gotta add that one to list of words I've seen used now! Thanks a bunch!

RoboRed wrote:Oh my god...

That was absolutely amazing.

I AM FILLED WITH SO MANY WARM FUZZY FEELINGS RIGHT NOW.

Thanks! Excellent choice of music too. :p
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed May 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Glad to see you swing by here again Fuzzy!
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu May 22, 2014 12:51 am

Same same. Nice to see ya around. Huh. Frozen I kinda tie to Wicked thematically, but yeah, it has gotten a lot of overexposure and undeserved hype. *still singing Defying Gravity*
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 22, 2014 1:59 am

Fuzzy wrote:
Thanks! Excellent choice of music too. :p
That's what went through my head right about at:
Then...all was still.

Flying...

I'd...been flying...
And I knew joy was about to follow.

Good to see you around again, Fuzzy. Where've you been?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon May 26, 2014 10:57 am

I just read Chapter 24. Holy wow gee-wilikers! It was awesome, it was sad, it made me really giddy and grin like a wacko. That was fantastic!
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chinman Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Remind me again why this story isn't getting as much attention as Project Horizons?  Seriously after reading chapter 24 I think it can safely be said that MN7 deserves just as much praise!

MN7 Chapter 24 Spoilers!:

So I don't really have much else to say, other then 'awesome chapter!' and my attempts at making empty internet threats at Fuzz to WORK FASTER!!
chinman
chinman
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:39 am

glimmerlight does shipping:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:09 pm

599 pages in

Poor Murk DX

and now I'm on Chapter 20

I'm rather surprised Shackles hasn't done the one thing that would truly break Murk, unless he pulls it off in the next four chapters to get him away from Protege...

hm, shame, I wanted to see Murk working for Sooty >///>

Don't look at me with those disgusted expressions
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:00 pm

God...so I started reading Murky Number Seven while I waited for other stories to update (silly me, I thought it was finished, but now I'm following 3 stories...), and I really like most of it. I'm only at chapter 15 though...and I'm getting pretty ticked at a lot of the stuff that keeps happening. Like when Murky specifically says, "Hey, I shouldn't do this because its gonna get me caught!" Then does it anyway and gets caught...or when he just stands there and does nothing for no reason (no one told him to stop or stand still, he can't claim indoctrination) AND gets caught again. Its just really weird stuff and stupid mistakes that I feel don't make any sense. I suppose a good part of my frustration is my own love of sort of sneaking around and such, but still. Murk's not an idiot, I don't understand how he can keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Because it's all he knows
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Because it's all he knows
But its not! He's done them right before, seen how good they go, and says "Hey, this worked! I should do it like this more!" Then he goes and doesn't do it. He learns! Then he completely ignores what he's learned...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Because he's against ponies that are smarter than he is

What, you expect them to not know every inch of the city they rule?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Because he's against ponies that are smarter than he is

What, you expect them to not know every inch of the city they rule?
Obviously they don't, since he's able to hide in drainage workshops, rubbish piles, and old ruins, but all that had nothing to do at all with what I'm talking about. When he's sneaking around, like when he was a fugitive, he keeps making mistakes that he's learned from before. Especially when it comes doing sneaking from point A to point B, he goes from skilled and mildly experienced to suddenly having seemingly no experience, making mistakes that he's already made and learned from. Honestly this is just me defending some griping that was brought on by my annoyance at Murky's behavior at this point...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Eh, it's not everyone's cup of tea

It's much slower paced than Littlepip or Blackjack's stories, but to me, it has its own charm
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next