Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

+31
chinman
iLateralGX
InLucidReverie
ISuckAtNaming
Scienza
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
cb5
Plasticube
CamoBadger
hawkeye92
Doctor Whooves
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
Icy Shake
Nhim
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Mech
O. Hinds
Valikdu
Fuzzy
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
Salculd
OneMoreDaySK
Cptadder
Kippershy
RoboRed
Aonee
Derpmind
35 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 10 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:22 am

I need a Murky signal over on the other threads so I can check out the chapters. Ugh. Sleep first.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 10 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:23 pm

So, who wants to tell me what made all the pre-readers besides Sanctus cry?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:38 pm

I'll tell you as soon as the chapter goes up.

Unless refreshing doesn't work and I just need to completely exit out of the Hub Page for the link to go up for me.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm still editing the last couple pages, I'd say within a couple hours. I'll post up here when it goes up for you.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:24 pm

It's all good Fuzzy. I'm anxious to read it but take all the time you need to get it done.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:17 pm

And it's done. :)

http://murkynumberseven.tumblr.com/post/42767448959/murky-number-seven-chapter-16-the-only-way-out

Enjoy.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Fuzzy, where do you get all your focus from? I've got extreme issues with focus and wonder if I've got any medical issues regarding it or something. Is there some trick you use that might be able to help me or am I screwed since I'm also British (and as I recall, you are too, right? Was said so on the 4chan thread at one point, anyway.) and Adderall isn't an option.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Kippershy wrote:Fuzzy, where do you get all your focus from? I've got extreme issues with focus and wonder if I've got any medical issues regarding it or something. Is there some trick you use that might be able to help me or am I screwed since I'm also British (and as I recall, you are too, right? Was said so on the 4chan thread at one point, anyway.) and Adderall isn't an option.

Make writing fun. The moments when I write the most and best quality is when I'm enjoying myself.

Be relaxed. Don't fret on it, just think of how every line will make someone feel of how it'll change their emotions when reading. Play with them in your head, be confident about it. When you're writing, there's no-one around to call you arrogant or not. Leave that for editors to decide afterward. In the moment of typing, let your biggest "Aw yeah this'll do this!" come free and just enjoy the process of thinking about how readers will view it all. That excites me in ways I can never describe sometimes.

Get some music playing that suits the scene too, immerse yourself in it. Bring it to life.

In general. Make it fun. Writing should be, it's a darn good hobby.

When you say focus issues, when do you usually write? What kind of environment? My biggest thing is to turn off all forms of IM and browsers entirely. Don't have them around as distractions. Allow yourslef long periods to write, don't try and just "get in half an hour". Those kinda things ruin my mentality and focus.

Hope that helps. :)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm gonna totally make you cry at my pathetic approach, lol.

Writing for me is a mixture of fun and a challenge to myself. I have a story I want to tell and I enjoy telling it, I'm excited to try get closer and closer to some climaxes for my readers, but I'm also a constant worrier.

I worry that my chapters are going to be boring and repetitive. I worry about my actual skill at writing, because I know I'm absolute crap, even if not as bad as I used to be.
I worry that I'm just not good enough, and that never goes away.

As for editors? Ha. Nope, not one. I don't have editors. I have one guy who I occasionally bounce ideas off, but not in the same amount you would with your editors - and he definitely doesn't pre-read and say "hey, this needs ____".

Another issue is I write directly into Fimfic. You think I should be doing it into notepad or something instead then?

I use music a lot, and worry about how much it inspires me because... to be fair, I've probably added waaay too much reference or such and leaned on it all too much.

As for my writing "schedule"...
Whenever I can gather the focus to do so, with no schedule. My work varies my shifts up, so I just do it whenever. My environment is my one and only room in my pad, feels bad. (living alone in a cramped studio apt... really classy.)

Yeah, I think it helps. Thanks dude, I'll definitely try the no IM suggestion for certain. As for all the others, trying to organise a few hours for writing seems like a damn good idea too.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Hey, I live alone in a studio too. It's often better without distraction. I've been known to disconnect my phone sometimes in intense scenes... :p

The worry about your writing is because you lack feedback. More than anything I would encourage you to find some prereaders/editors to look over it. Not just for correction but because it lets you have feedback while writing to bolster you on what's working for confidence and help you find what isn't so you feel happy on fixing it. They are such an important resource.

Writing into Fimfic directly's fine, it works like any other. I prefer being out of browser though.

For scheduling, I work a job that can hgave me leaving for London on a day's notice. So trust me, I know the feeling of a mad schedule. But just find the days with nothing, designate them as writing days and let yourself fall in it. I promise, after the first time you see how much you do, it gets easier.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Hey, I live alone in a studio too. It's often better without distraction. I've been known to disconnect my phone sometimes in intense scenes... :p

The worry about your writing is because you lack feedback. More than anything I would encourage you to find some prereaders/editors to look over it. Not just for correction but because it lets you have feedback while writing to bolster you on what's working for confidence and help you find what isn't so you feel happy on fixing it. They are such an important resource.

Writing into Fimfic directly's fine, it works like any other. I prefer being out of browser though.

For scheduling, I work a job that can hgave me leaving for London on a day's notice. So trust me, I know the feeling of a mad schedule. But just find the days with nothing, designate them as writing days and let yourself fall in it. I promise, after the first time you see how much you do, it gets easier.

Oh, I know what it's like to spend a day writing. I wrote 10k in a single day one time simply because I had the day off and nothing else to do.
Which I'm guessing is nothing compared to what you can manage in a day, but for me, my previous best was something like 7.5 - 8k in a single day, so not bad at all.
I ignore all my phones anyway, HAH. Almost always fucking call centres anyway.

That's cool that you've got the same kind've living situation. How did you find yourself in that one? I hope you've got a better story than myself. Mine is... depressing.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Minor problems with last shared flat. I'd rather not publically comment on them as I'd feel like I'm speaking behind backs, if it's all the same. :p

10k is a darn lot, that's about 20 pages. That's well more than I usually average (8 pages a day).
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Of course, that's fine. I'm a very free and open person but I can totally understand when people would rather not talk about things, especially out of respect to those involved when they can't have a chance to speak for their own point of view.

Well, still, sounds a lot better than my story. At least you weren't kicked out before you were 18 and then kicked out of a second place because your brothers wife, right? hah.

edit: Oh, the other thing is though, your writing quality is at least (a minimum of) 5 - 10x better than my own.
So if you do the calculations correctly, my writing is therefore worth a lot less than your own (especially because I edit as I go but don't do the structured editing like you do) and you still manage more than more, in theory.

...or we can just go off the fact you can continuously manage to pull it off where writing for me is a case of "one chapter takes two to three actual days writing but three weeks to bother getting to those two days."
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:29 pm

Once again you drive me crazy fuzzy. No tears but I am shaking after that chapter. Can someone please write a cheesy AU revenge fic in the style of Taken or Kill Bill or something. I really want to see these nasty ponies pay in gratuitous action sequences!

But in all seriousness the chapter was amazing and felt different from the others but I can't put a finger on it. You weave an excellent emotional cliff. From Murky's torture under shackles to his triumphant defiance, to the crushing fall (Literally and figuratively) .

Only criticism is that this is starting to get old. While you've made it last so far, by teasing and prodding the idea of escape and accomplishment. And I get that you intend for us to feel similar to Murky, beaten down and with out hope, but it's starting to feel a bit old, I hope this is similar to CH:33 in Project Horizons where the worst has happened and now we start slowly trying to make things better.

Other than that I have nothing but praise. I especially love how you understand the impotence of implication, it paints an even more horrifying picture of what went on in Sooty's brothel than any writing could give it credit.

Again, you are the king of emotional manipulation. That's really what this boils down to.

Last edited by tylertoon2 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:30 pm

“There will be a reckoning for whatever or whoever made you come to this...”

This is what I am looking forward to most of all. Breaking the breakers.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:Once again you drive me crazy fuzzy. No tears but I am shaking after that chapter. Can someone please write a cheesy AU revenge fic in the style of Taken or Kill Bill or something. I really want to see these nasty ponies pay in gratuitous action sequences!

But in all seriousness the chapter was amazing and felt different from the others but I can't put a finger on it. You weave an excellent emotional cliff. From Murky's torture under shackles to his triumphant defiance, to the crushing fall (Literally and figuratively) .

Only criticism is that this is starting to get old. While you've made it last so far, by teasing and prodding the idea of escape and accomplishment. And I get that you intend for us to feel similar to Murky, beaten down and with out hope, but it's starting to feel a bit old, I hope this is similar to CH:33 in Project Horizons where the worst has happened and now we start slowly trying to make things better.

Other than that I have nothing but praise. I especially love how you understand the impotence of implication, it paints an even more horrifying picture of what went on in Sooty's brothel than any writing could give it credit.

Again, you are the king of emotional manipulation. That's really what this boils down to.
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:38 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:Once again you drive me crazy fuzzy. No tears but I am shaking after that chapter. Can someone please write a cheesy AU revenge fic in the style of Taken or Kill Bill or something. I really want to see these nasty ponies pay in gratuitous action sequences!

Thank you! A lot of what I write I perpetually try and think "How will someone be feeling by this point? What do I want them to feel? How can I make them know or feel in a certain way?" So I'm always glad when it comes through.

While I don't really comment on anything for future chapters, I can say that things will certainly vary more. This chapter marked the finale of this particular "arc" that began with 14. Next chapter we get another two chapter long arc that takes it in a different direction. That's all I'll say.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:05 pm

All I can say is I hope the ending of this chapter marks an upturn in the story, at least for a while.

I'm going to end up with a medical condition with how you build a mountain for the heart warming/ inspirational peaks, only to follow up by dropping Murky and the readers into a seemingly lower valley then the last one to climb out of.

My heart, mind, and body are worn out, and I get to look forward to it happening again in two weeks.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:38 pm

I just finished the new chapter, and I found it good. I noticed some typos, but I'm afraid that the chapter was long and I'm short on time. Good work, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:51 am

http://murkynumberseven.tumblr.com/post/42831070881/regarding-chapter-16-huge-spoilers

For anyone who has read Chapter 16, I urge you to read this.

Chapter 16 has been dramatically alterred by my own decisions...the link explains how, why and what this means.

I'm sorry for the requirement...but I simply felt this was the best route forward.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 am

I'm good with that change. In the very least I agree with your reasoning and have nothing to defend the original version.

But I will say this..
Spoiler:
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 am

Fuzzy wrote:http://murkynumberseven.tumblr.com/post/42831070881/regarding-chapter-16-huge-spoilers

For anyone who has read Chapter 16, I urge you to read this.

Chapter 16 has been dramatically alterred by my own decisions...the link explains how, why and what this means.

I'm sorry for the requirement...but I simply felt this was the best route forward.
When the new version is up, would you mind posting here, spoilered, some keywords for homing to the changed pages? I'd actually prefer the entire changed section pasted here in spoilers, but I understand that you might not want to do that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Moody - It did, man. It's like facing your fears in a way. it's not easy, as I'm sure you well know.

O.Hinds - If you Ctrl+F to the phrase "Take him back to the Mall" then you'll find the edited parts below it. It's only in the last 5-6 pages or so and even then quite minor.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:02 pm

I can agree with you that the parts you took out definitely distracted from the message. My own feedback proves that.

I think you did the right thing, and frankly, it makes me feel better Murky never had to actually endure that. Part of me says you are in the wrong for 'copping out' however the more I think about it the more it works.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:08 pm

By the way, Fuzzy. If you ever want someone to talk to who knows what it's like on the other side of that fence, I'm always there for ya just like I try to be with everyone else.

my reasoning for offering... be sure you want to read this first though.:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Kippershy wrote:By the way, Fuzzy. If you ever want someone to talk to who knows what it's like on the other side of that fence, I'm always there for ya just like I try to be with everyone else.

my reasoning for offering... be sure you want to read this first though.:

It's seriously alright man, I don't find it weird. Folks tend to find one another through hardship. But it was some years ago now. My late Grandmother had a great saying I'll likely use in the story someday.

"You don't ever get over it. You get used to it."

Which in itself as true. Sometimes I remember her and really feel sad, spend a bit of time with my friends. But the real mourning hardship is years over now. All the same, I highly appreciate the offer. That means a lot. :)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Moody - It did, man. It's like facing your fears in a way. it's not easy, as I'm sure you well know.

O.Hinds - If you Ctrl+F to the phrase "Take him back to the Mall" then you'll find the edited parts below it. It's only in the last 5-6 pages or so and even then quite minor.
Ah, thank you. Do you have any idea when the revised chapter might be up?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:54 pm

It's been up since this morning on Gdocs. All ready to read.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Fuzzy wrote:It's been up since this morning on Gdocs. All ready to read.
Well, it ought not to be too difficult to find the Gdocs page. Is the FIMFiction update delayed due to the different formats?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:It's been up since this morning on Gdocs. All ready to read.
Well, it ought not to be too difficult to find the Gdocs page. Is the FIMFiction update delayed due to the different formats?
Ah, there were indeed not that many changes, and the Gdocs page was directly accessible from a Google search. One thing that I noticed, though:
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next