Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Stringtheory
Scootayay
Elexius
Paper Airplane
NoodleNugget
Jeremyrush
Rboy474
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
nallar
XT Vengeance
Mech
SubjectSigma
Rafafidi
Valikdu
Snipehamster
Somber
Kattlarv
Spitfire
Game Master
RandomBlank
Ametros
Moodyman90
Katarn
Necr0maNceR
Derpmind
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Rickyking
Apple Crumble
O. Hinds
WavemasterRyx
CamoBadger
Orm
Sindri
RoboRed
Ketchup
Kippershy
Princess Celestia
jacky2734
MrMagma
Curebores
Littlepip
Formis_Fluttergod
SilentCarto
49 posters

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Oh my god, epic EqD banner is epic.
(...also, first, apparently.)
I certainly got a laugh out of the EqD banner today. And congrats on being first on this page.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Aonee Sat May 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Isn't standard procedure with a new page to find some epic page-topper? Like a picture or something?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat May 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Aonee wrote:Isn't standard procedure with a new page to find some epic page-topper? Like a picture or something?

I'm personally fond of this one.

Spoiler:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:
Aonee wrote:Isn't standard procedure with a new page to find some epic page-topper? Like a picture or something?

I'm personally fond of this one.

Spoiler:

I'd pay all my money and sell off everything I didn't need, including body parts, to see that movie.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Standard procedure? With the PHCC?

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat May 12, 2012 10:41 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:What was everyone's first experience with PH?
FOE was close to ending, so I asked for suggestions on which side fics were good. Somepony -- Hinds, I think -- pointed me here with the caveat that I had to read at least up to ch. 6 before the story really kicked in. I'm glad he did, because I was fairly blasé about it until ch. 4. The addition of Glory really gelled the group for me.

Hinds had also noted that Somber was planning to do some rewrites on the early chapters before Kkat finished FOE, so I took notes on my reactions and what points I thought needed work as I caught up. Chapter 27 published the next day, so I went ahead and took notes on it, too, as I read... and I've been doing so ever since.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat May 12, 2012 10:48 pm

TheLastDefender wrote:
Oh wait, here's standard procedure.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Aonee wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:
Eeyup, that looks about right.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Aonee wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:
Touche.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Aonee wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:
Yup, you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 12, 2012 11:01 pm

I've only told this story to the PHCC and my brother, but I like telling it so I will again.
I started reading FO:E in either early December or halfway through November, more likely November because when I started it was at 41. I had been directed to it by a friend of mine(who I had gotten into Fallout), and it was my first real experience of The Pony. I read it up to 42/43, which was out by that time, and I looked through the others for more crazy crossovers to read. PH and Pink Eyes. I read Pink Eyes to what it was at, 13 or something, and started PH. It was at 27? 28? Don't remember, but it was right before Christmas that I reached 24 or something.
So that is the really boring and redundant tale I've told to most of you before.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 12, 2012 11:02 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Somepony -- Hinds, I think -- pointed me here with the caveat that I had to read at least up to ch. 6 before the story really kicked in.
No, I don't think that that was me; I've never given the "read until chapter six" advice.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 12, 2012 11:06 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Somepony -- Hinds, I think -- pointed me here with the caveat that I had to read at least up to ch. 6 before the story really kicked in.
No, I don't think that that was me; I've never given the "read until chapter six" advice.
Someone has before, and I have myself IRL.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 12, 2012 11:22 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Someone has before, and I have myself IRL.
Aye, I know that, but I personally never really felt that and haven't bothered to give anyone else the advice.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat May 12, 2012 11:23 pm

I'm rather bored...

I feel like re-reading through PH for some reason...

Should I do it?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat May 12, 2012 11:28 pm

"Game over." - Oh poor Scyto, what a time to start reading, heh.

So... my experience...
I had been reading FO:E, and enjoying it very much, and was looking over the comment sections. I saw once or twice someone posting about how a particular "Blackjack" might respond to certain situations LittlePip was going through and it made me curious. When I looked more closely at the comments, I saw they were being made by Somber, and I was lucky enough to actually make the connection between his username and two stories of amazing emotion that I had just finished reading called "Rarity's Rodeo" and "Simply Rarity". When I realized Somber had written those, I resolved immediately to read Project Horizons, and even before the end of Chapter 1 (the original), I had fallen completely for it.
When I started reading, there were only 6 chapters, and in the 37 chapters since then, my love for Project Horizons has only grown.

ScytoHarmony wrote:I'm rather bored...

Should I do it?
Never a bad idea, I'd say go for it, certainly.

Last edited by WavemasterRyx on Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 pm

What got me started on FOE:PH

Well, when I first entered the fandom and got into reading fanfics, I avoided FOE and it's related side fics like the plague, thinking to myself that they were just too far removed from the actual show. Then, after completely exhausting the EQD story archive and a good portion of the Fimfiction.net archive, I was running out of things to read, so I thought to myself "What the hell." and began reading FOE(which was up to like chapter 39 or 40 by that time). I spent the next three day getting caught up on it(I actually missed a day of school because I spent all night reading and didn't wake up until 1:00pm). After catching up on FOE(this story's like crack), I needed to read more FOE, so I began reading Project Horizon and other popular FOE fics. Needless to say, I pretty much repeated what I did after starting the original FOE and missed ANOTHER day of school trying to catch up on PH.
High, my name is jacky, and I'm addicted to FOE. Please help me.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Should I do it?
Well, I'm afraid that we're probably not going to be finished tonight either (Oh the delays... Though at least the explosive house fire missed by a few buildings. Not joking.).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Should I do it?
I want to as well, but it is truly daunting. I got to 12 before giving up, it is a lot to read.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat May 12, 2012 11:35 pm

O. Hinds wrote: Well, I'm afraid that we're probably not going to be finished tonight either (Oh the delays... Though at least the explosive house fire missed by a few buildings. Not joking.).

Well, considering that and how late it is, I'ma hit the hay for tonight.

Explosive house fire? Yikes. Hope you're okay.

G'Night, everypony.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 12, 2012 11:39 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:
Well, considering that and how late it is, I'ma hit the hay for tonight.

Explosive house fire? Yikes. Hope you're okay.

G'Night, everypony.
Oh, it was about six states away from me. It was Somber who had a near miss. Fortunately, though it was indeed a complete miss (well, for him, at least; some people down the street are either having a very bad day or trying to run away with the insurance money, I don't know which).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyrush Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Christ, 24 pages in three days? No matter where we go, we always end up talking way too much. We might give this fourm a heart attack when the new chapter comes out.
Jeremyrush
Jeremyrush
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun May 13, 2012 12:00 am

I guess we should start stockpiling healing potions then? Or at least defibrillators.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Sun May 13, 2012 12:03 am

what got me started on Project horizons.

well for starters way back when FoE was first starting up I refused to read it. it was getting some fan art here and there on ponibooru but I kept my distance at all times. I have learned to not mix two good things like the majesty that is MLP:FiM and the greatness that is the universe of Fallout. I also thought that dark bloody gore + colorful fluffy ponies don't mix. there was a fic drought and past sins wasn't updating for a while(yes I read Past sins, it's not that bad a story.) I took a peak into FoE. it was good so I read some more, and some more, and more and more and more(I was quite a few chapters behind). eventually I had caught up and there was another drought. back on the booru I had caught a few pics about PH and I was like 'sure why not' so I read, and read. At first I though FoE was better in every way, probably mostly because there was more story. Well then FoE ended(if you can call it an 'ending') and I needed something to invest my time into(I can only play WoW for so long...) luckily enough Ph was still updating(and at a decent speed) and that kept me satisfied. eventually I became enthralled with PH and a lot of the time I was a primary focus outside of school. Because of Fo:E's 1984-esque ending I now view Ph as the superior story(not saying it's a bad story, still a 10/10-er ok maybe a 9/10 story(that ending)). perhaps it was because PH takes you on as many ups and downs as there are atoms in the universe while FoE just sort of levels out after a while(seriously there was like 5 chapters in a row where they spent the entire time just sitting around in the everfree). Perhaps it is because there is more content in PH now. I just think PH is now better. I think I got distracted. sorry.

Sorry for the wall of text. when I find something I like I tend to over do it when I start talking(typing whatever) sorry. I'm kinda not that big on forums. only ever participated in a couple and even then not that much. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 4206338362

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sun May 13, 2012 12:08 am

Moodyman90 wrote:I'll either start fitting in or stay on the outskirts.
Sidelines are boring. Protip: Nobody here fits in. Simply accept the madness and throw yourself into the thick of things.

Kippershy wrote:
That's... circumference, yes? Not diameter? Because I don't think there's enough spare blood in the body to fill that without passing out...

Katarn wrote:Every 'newcomer' in this thread are free to use this.
Thank you kindly, good sir.

MrMagma wrote: Scootaloo After reading the last few pages, I feel like my brain is in the process of melting. We couldn't be any more off-topic if we tried
You're new here, aren't you?

ScytoHarmony wrote:It's incredibly hard to type with my new kitten crawling all over my keyboard...
New kitten? Kitten!

O. Hinds wrote:Good news
Fluttershy

Aonee wrote:Hey guys I'm back what'd I....
Your avatar is strangely appropriate.

Rboy474 wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:...besides what enemy in there right mind would attack anyone capable of....that.
BlackJack......
She's a long way from her right mind. That's what the whiskey is for. Not to mention the sheer density of tragic backstories here.

Last summer I had some time, and I'd just finished Fo:E, so I was starting to look into the side stories. Saw the Kkat approved tag, thought it was the highest praise I'd seen in a long while. That was probably chapter... 13-ish? Quickly discovered two things. First that the tag vastly underrepresented the quality, and second that my tear ducts were still in working order.
Hush now, quiet now...

ScytoHarmony wrote:Should I do it?
You have to ask?

jacky2734 wrote:Please help me.
'Fraid that's the only thing we can't try to help with here.

NoodleNugget wrote:
Welcome!
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun May 13, 2012 12:26 am

Welcome to the place of madness, Nugget!
And feel free to wall of text, but from now on, I think we are going to use the spoiler tags for them.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 13, 2012 12:29 am

And now my bed just started falling apart. While I was on it. (Don't worry, apart from a bit of the bedframe breaking off, nothing was damaged).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 12:34 am

Should I do it?

Do it! You will not have regrets, take it from me.

@Rboy and Nugget
Hallo and welcome!

@House and fire getting along like a house on fire
Yikes, that sounds entirely nasty... Glad it missed Somber! Oh and good luck with the carpentry on your bed, Hinds - I fell out of bed when I was little and scraped open my throat on an open drawer; it was not very cool.

@When I first FOEPH'd
Hmm, FOE hadn't finished, I know that much, and it was around or just after last summer... I had finally gotten to the last chapter Kkat had released (at the time) and I'd had FOEPH queued up for reading, 'cos it sounded interesting - maybe not my cup of tea, I thought, since this "Blackjack" character sounded like she might be a bit of a villain protagonist and it's rare to find those done well enough that I can enjoy the story and this is getting off-topic... Anyway, I started it, and the first chapter was pretty interesting and pretty cool (this was before the revamp, by the way), so I kept reading it. Initially, it seemed a bit stereotypical plot-wise, but it was very well executed and had some real curveballs every now and then, and was extremely compelling. Absolutely loved the characters (and still do!). So I kept reading. And it kept getting better and better, and... let's see, looks like my first post was September 11, 2011, and looks like by that point I'd pretty much fallen in love. "Bottom line (the TL;DR): brutal, fun, feel-bad and just plain powerful. I've been catching myself thinking about this story a lot over the past few days; consider me hooked in a big way, and damn glad of it." And aww, Sindri was the first to welcome me! Thanks, Sindri! (And oh wow, looks like that was on friggin' chapter 19... damn, this story has gone through a lot of chapters since I started)

Anyway, that's my story!

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun May 13, 2012 12:35 am

Sindri wrote:Hush now, quiet now...
I still tear up every time I hear that song...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sun May 13, 2012 12:50 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:I still tear up every time I hear that song...
I have inducted twelve people into the Herd since reading that chapter, marathoning at least most of the existent episodes at the time with each. I have had to leave the room when that song came on twelve times.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next