Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CD on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:55 pm

O. Hinds wrote:If we did decide to change the Glory scene in 76, would you be willing to go through the chapters in both directions and find all the ripples forwards and backward for us?

Butting in uninvited here, but I think the scene lacked some emotional impact from the fact I could see it coming a mile away. So when we found out Glory's status, I wasn't as shocked as the situation should have warranted.

It did prompt me into exploring "what if" scenarios. My idea was what if Triage had refused Glory treatment in the auto-doc and she died as a result from that? Blackjack could have had some clues making her believe Glory had been rescued and was probably recovering only to make it back to the Collegiate to find out she had been left to die by them. It would initially make Triage look bad, and Blackjack probably threw a temper upon learning about it. But the hard truth would be that Triage was already helping thousands of others at Blackjack's insistence and was being overworked. Glory wasn't the only pony who was dying, and didn't stand a chance to survive even with treatment. And if you take away all of Blackjack's titles, her body upgrades, her ranking in the fight against the Brood and Eater, what makes her and Glory so much more deserving of being saved than the loved ones of other ponies who urgently need treatment? Blackjack may have cared a lot about Glory, but that would have been more true for almost any random pony who needed help more than her. Triage had to make a difficult call nobody would envy, and she chose the option that was sure to piss off Blackjack severely in order to remain professional and do right by the patient ahead of Glory who needed help. That's some pathos right there, and a shocking reveal that reinforces the harsh world Blackjack lives in, while providing a silver lining by letting you know the care that wasn't extended to Glory went on to save another pony's life and make their loved ones happy.

Don't take that as a suggestion. It's an alternate scenario brain fart I had. I wouldn't even know where to start if you seriously wanted me to retcon that in. It's just something thought provoking in response to the latest chapter.
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 pm

SilentCarto wrote:In this case, I think "arena" should not be capitalized simply because she phrased it as "in the arena", i.e. in the ring, rather than "at the Arena", meaning the structure as a whole.
Hm, point.

@CD:
Hm. Depending on how exactly that was worked, it might actually be easier to implement.

To clarify, by the way, I still think that the Glory scene is okay as it is (we could have done better, perhaps, but it doesn't seem to me vital that we replace what's there), but Somber mentioned that, given the feedback, we might go back and consider changing it after 77 and the epilogue are released, as part of the post-ending-pre-finalization work.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:30 am

O. Hinds wrote:To clarify, by the way, I still think that the Glory scene is okay as it is (we could have done better, perhaps, but it doesn't seem to me vital that we replace what's there), but Somber mentioned that, given the feedback, we might go back and consider changing it after 77 and the epilogue are released, as part of the post-ending-pre-finalization work.
Sorry, I guess I haven't been following this very well... what's the proposed change, here?
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:58 am

O. Hinds wrote:To clarify, by the way, I still think that the Glory scene is okay as it is (we could have done better, perhaps, but it doesn't seem to me vital that we replace what's there)
For the record I highly dislike Glory being alive after the rocket takeoff scene. I was very much in favor of her staying dead.

...and no replacement is really "vital", Hinds. It's a fanfiction. The question is just whether things could be done better.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:08 am

SilentCarto wrote:Sorry, I guess I haven't been following this very well... what's the proposed change, here?
There isn't a single set specific one at the moment.

swicked wrote:...and no replacement is really "vital", Hinds. It's a fanfiction. The question is just whether things could be done better.
...I'm not sure what you're saying here, sorry. I mean, I get the specific case, I think, but you appear to be extending the matter to a general case I am having some difficulty grasping.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:13 pm

I am curious about what would have happened had the Great War never happened. Obviously, a variation of the TV canon would commence but would have Littlepip and Blackjack actually existed had the apocalypse never happened and if the Stables had never been built. There is still the possibility that Twilight and Big Macintosh got together and had Tarot, but again without going into #99, I wonder what Blackjack (along with the other characters) would have been like as people? Would she still be a security guard, and what of Littlepip - common PipBuck repair pony for life? And what of other characters like P-21, Glory, Calamity, Velvet, Red Eye, and even Trixie?
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:Would she still be a security guard, and what of Littlepip - common PipBuck repair pony for life?

I believe that the technological advancement without interruption brought by the apocalipse would make such things as PipBucks obsolete by that time. Ponies would already be exploring the Universe in marvelous starships!
Littlepip could be Chief Engineer, and Blackjack could be Chief Security Officer! To boldly trot where nopony has trot before!
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:05 pm

blackjack's favorite soup:

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:44 pm

decumos wrote:
Evilgidgit wrote:Would she still be a security guard, and what of Littlepip - common PipBuck repair pony for life?

I believe that the technological advancement without interruption brought by the apocalipse would make such things as PipBucks obsolete by that time. Ponies would already be exploring the Universe in marvelous starships!
Littlepip could be Chief Engineer, and Blackjack could be Chief Security Officer! To boldly trot where nopony has trot before!
Then who's the captain? Homage? I kinda figured she'd be the communications officer.
Obviously Velvet is the doctor.
Calamity is weapons officer.
Xenith is Nurse Chapel, I suppose.
Glory is science officer.
P-21 is the helmsman.
Rampage has no place on a starship, ever. Sorry.
I suppose Lacunae is the weird alien counselor.
Scotch is the, um... the, um... what the hell do you call a less annoying Wesley Crusher?

Oh, and Steelhooves? The original security officer that got killed off in the first season.

(And the computer has Celestia's voice.)

RoboRed wrote:
blackjack's favorite soup:
I'll drink to that!
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by PeppyJoe on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:31 pm

I've forgotten what chapter it was in, but it was during the part of the story when Blackjack & Co. visited Thunderhead, when the idea was introduced that pegasi were watching exaggerated, serialized versions of the adventures happening in the wasteland.  I've searched and searched for anyone who's taken that idea and written a story about it, because I think it'd hilarious to see a collection of heroes from mismatched stories (including at least one Dashite who is portrayed as literally the devil incarnate) fighting over-the-top monsters while lamenting about how much nicer it'd be if they were in the Enclave.  Sadly, however, it seems no one has done so and my brief attempt at it was unsuccessful.

Someone please make that happen!  ...Although, I believe at that point, it would be a fanfic of a collection of fanfics of a fanfic.  I'm not sure how much deeper we can go before something breaks.

PeppyJoe
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:39 am

SilentCarto wrote:
I suppose Lacunae is the weird alien counselor.

Lacunae is Seven of Nine, duh!
As for captain... Well, I believe that Blackjack could be promoted to that position. And Rampage can now be assigned to empty position of a Security Chief. She'll be like Worf: "Captain, can we shoot them? Captain! Let's shoot them! Captain! Captain!"
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Shouldn't Rampage be the red shirt? Getting killed over and over?
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:10 am

decumos wrote:As for captain... Well, I believe that Blackjack could be promoted to that position. And Rampage can now be assigned to empty position of a Security Chief. She'll be like Worf: "Captain, can we shoot them? Captain! Let's shoot them! Captain! Captain!"
Borsuq wrote:Shouldn't Rampage be the red shirt? Getting killed over and over?
I approve of both these ideas.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:58 am

I thought that people might like to know that the first draft of the final chapter is complete. I've read it. It's good. :)
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:02 pm

No, it's not.  it's fail... so much pure fail...
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:25 am

O. Hinds wrote:I thought that people might like to know that the first draft of the final chapter is complete.  I've read it.  It's good.  :)

Somber wrote:No, it's not.  it's fail... so much pure fail...

Magic 8-ball, bearing in mind his prediction track record, is Somber right this time?:
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Oh wow! An edit on the Index Page caused the page to become busy Dash clapping

The 11 word edit that stopped part of a fandom :P:
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:00 pm

ILM126 wrote:Oh wow! An edit on the Index Page caused the page to become busy Dash clapping

The 11 word edit that stopped part of a fandom :
It's really happening, isn't it? Why
It's really one of the only ones I can think of that's been continuously regularly updated, even if the publishing rate dropped to a lower plateau a couple times, that felt like it would just keep on going forever. What else is there that's been going since before season two, is ongoing, and didn't have giant breaks? It'll be strange for it to be over, as I'd been following it and/or FoE for pretty much as long as I've been in the fandom, with catching up on FoE (probably into the mid-20s, early 30s at the time) being almost the first thing I did after watching Season 1 and wanting more.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:34 pm

It looks like we won't be finishing this weekend, though; sorry. Still, we made some quite good progress; the final chapter is ready for release, and we're probably about halfway or so through the epilogue.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Oh well. I'm gonna bright side this. I'll probably get to read it fresher than I am now, or with more flexibility for staying up for it, when it is released.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CD on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:37 pm

O. Hinds wrote:It looks like we won't be finishing this weekend, though; sorry.  Still, we made some quite good progress; the final chapter is ready for release, and we're probably about halfway or so through the epilogue.
I had kind of tempered my hopes, but it's good to hear the last chapter was done so quickly. I'm sure that second half of the epilogue will go quickly.
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:33 am

Yup.  We have about 6 more pages to go and then done.  We'd have been done if I had gotten off my ass and wrote but, sigh, ce la vie.

Also, one of my editors proposed something to me that, at first glance, I rejected and now I have to give it serious consideration.  Grrrr... I need a focus group.
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:54 pm

I am a very evil person.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Somber wrote:Yup.  We have about 6 more pages to go and then done.  We'd have been done if I had gotten off my ass and wrote but, sigh, ce la vie.

Also, one of my editors proposed something to me that, at first glance, I rejected and now I have to give it serious consideration.  Grrrr... I need a focus group.
Doesn't that roughly exist, under the name of "The Editing Team"? Spike

swicked wrote:I am a very evil person.
This is known.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:42 pm

swicked wrote:I am a very evil person.
trufax

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Might as well get this out now, I guess.
Editing:
9:
There were only rocks. ”

should not have space after period

When Gorgon came into view I gave a S.A.T.S. guided set

"S.A.T.S.-guided"

“Ante up…,” says the dealer.  

delete comma

She gave one last sob, choking in the back of her throat.  “Help me… ”

delete space after ellipsis

“”W... what?  No, I’d never.  You’re.

double quotation mark at the start, delete second

stuff, but... I’m sorry Blackjack.

comma after "sorry"

“"I-- I don't have time for that!"

delete second opening (non-directional) quotation mark, ending quotation mark is non-directional, non-directional apostrophe

"Not now, but later...

non-directional quotation mark, paragraph doesn't have full indentation

16:
sociable..., but I would dearly like it if somepony

delete comma

I fired four S.A.T.S. guided rounds at point blank range..

"S.A.T.S.-guided"

17:
“Please please don’t let this be a set up…”  

in this context, "setup"

20:
towards the flaking word “Mercy” on the asphalt.

I think these should be single-quotes

“You keep calling me Rampage…” she said softly as I gasped and choked, “That’s not my name.”

suggest comma to period since it's splitting separate sentences of speech

“It’s my fault Thorn is dead.  Mine.”  Be mad at me, P-21.  Not Glory, not Rampage.”

one of the closing quotation marks should be deleted. the last two sentences work as either dialog or narration, but on balance given the next paragraph, I'd say better as narration

She nodded.  “Yes.  All things have spirits.  What you call a soul.  It is the truest reflection of one’s self.”  Funny... I recalled a particularly boring lecture about cutie marks.  “Why would that make him… well…invincible?”

there should be a paragraph break either before or after the sentence "Funny . . . cutie marks." Also, space needed after ellipsis before "invincible"

“It’s mine now!”  Medley declared, only to have Allegro

should have only one space after quotation

He gave me with a look I was all too familiar with. “You are,

"He gave me a look" or "He [regarded or stared at or something] me with a look", only one space after period

Nopony was interested in peace any more

"anymore"

“I know you don’t believe it,” I said with a smile, “But most of Stable

"But" shouldn't be capitalized

Lacunae smiled sadly, “The catch is that

suggest comma to period

“But perhaps you possess a means to obtain it from the O.I.A. Hub, yes?”

"Hub" shouldn't be capitalized

with a little smirk. “Goddess

only one space after period

Lacunae okay.  Goddess, not okay.

comma after "Lacunae"?

I carefully moved to the back, careful to avoid looking at the clouds above and the ground way way below.

suggest removing "carefully" or replacing "careful" with something else, like "making sure"

“So unless that monster has cracked open a copy of Scientific Equestria or a Big Book of Arcane Science – ACK!”  I swept him up in my hooves and gave him a hug.  “Leggo!  

shouldn't have space before dash. Maybe move "ACK" to after the break? If not, should probably either have second space after dash, or none

River offers better fruit. Get

“I don’t know, but he wants me to go there.  A trap.  A set up?  Something.”

"setup" in this context

‘Twist’

period after the quotation?

The most successful ferry is the Seahorse, which is still operating even

suggest de-italicizing "Seahorse"

With his scruffy black beard, anchor cutie mark and scarred hide, I guessed he was the captain.  

comma after "mark"

if you’re a limerick..,” I coughed

comma should be third dot in ellipsis, should have second space after quotation

I got us a deal with Captain Tarboots here and–“

inverted quotation mark

The Turquoise mare blinked at him, and he coughed.  

"Turquoise" shouldn't be capitalized

21:
And I'd have somepony to

non-directional apostrophe

Of course, we'd need spark… magic-y…

non-directional apostrophe

”Ain’t nearly as efficient.”

inverted quotation mark

Once, we were stuck on a beach off Manezibar with this tainted sea serpent watching us past the reef.

"Zanzebra" shows up a few times. Should this be that?

“Going downstream, you’ve got the water pushing you into rocks, beams, snags and worse.

comma after "snags"

“Sure.  Dad asking me to shoot him,” she replied in a soft, casual voice that made me shiver, “Looking

comma after "shiver" should be period

I rushed to the front of the boat and ran into Seabiscuit trying to go the opposite direction.  The sea green mare balked and backed to the bow of the boat as the deck heaved.

suggest dropping "of the boat" after "bow"

The Captain just stared grimly ahead.

"Captain" shouldn't be capitalized

Just one…  please, let me save just one

should have only one space after ellipsis or capitalized "please"

Thorn.  Roses.  Tumbleweed.  Scoodle.  Eleven zebra.  Forty foals.  

"zebras"

Nothing, you gray pussy!” Daisy shrieked she kicked the other filly over and over again

"shrieked as she kicked" or "shrieked, kicking"

”You just woke up from passing out after

inverted quotation mark

”Go down to the Riverside station of

inverted quotation mark

“Blackjack, are you sure about this?”  P-21 asked as we

I floated it out, popped the top, pocketed the cap and took a drink,

comma after "cap"

“You…” Rampage said firmly as she stepped in my path, “Need to disarm those mines while

"Need" shouldn't be capitalized

and even some diamonds. One corner had a bed and filthy

Diamond dogs to be moved to appointed land outside Appleloosa.’

suggest following article be made justified instead of left-aligned

The green eyes were quite sharp, though, as they glared at me like a balefire blast.
He just looked at me with a scowl, his green eyes hard and suspicious

later on, he has one real eye and one cyber-eye. I could only find one reference to the normal eye being a different color, though (a couple of "filmy," but that could probably apply to green eyes), so it might be easier to keep the green and change the later gray, especially with the simile in the first case
(34:    “Pony is so dramatic,” Rover snorted, rolling his gray eye before returned to the sheet-covered mare. (also, "returned" should be "returning")

I saw one Sand Dog take the ruby flakes from the table a

"Sand Dog" shouldn't be capitalized

At the bottom, written in small letters: ‘Office of Interministry Affairs, Riverside Branch.’

period to outside of quotation marks?

A few apathetic posters hung on the wall.  ‘O.I.A.: we bridge the gaps,’ and ‘How can we help today?’  

should first "we" be capitalized (not on general basis of following a colon, but as part of poster)? Is comma right choice for end of first caption, over period or nothing?

but I could barely make out the rest of the sentence. ‘…what your buckfriend

But before you had a wedding you had to receive a proposal--”

quotation mark isn't ending a quotation and should be deleted

only the barest hint of that wet rattle. When the light faded

She levitated an egg timer, cranked it for two hours and settled back against the frame

comma after "hours"

I am not okay with this... I thought back at her,

should have second space after ellipsis

lay in heaps outside the... No.  Not raiders.

should have second space after ellipsis or not capitalize "No"

happening everywhere, Miss…,” an old unicorn mare said as she

delete comma after ellipsis

“”Pirates?”  I glanced at her hat with

delete second opening quotation mark

and they came after us. Dad got injured and told me

only one space after quotation mark

22:
They rolled in front of me in a wave, their own S.A.T.S. guided shots

"S.A.T.S.-guided"

“So what does it convert it into?” I asked as I leaned in towards the sickly green gemstone.
“Chlorine,” she said simply, and I heard Glory gasp.  I looked at it more closely.
“Chlorine, huh?  And what’s that do?” I asked as I reached out to tap the glyph with my hoof.

suggest changing the structure of one of these two. Maybe drop the "I asked as I [verb]ed" or replace with "I asked, [verb]ing"

“Unfortunately,” she said with a sigh, “Chlorine is a

"Chlorine" shouldn't be capitalized

she giggled… “Got anything to eat?”

should have second space after ellipsis

“Nooooo…” the yellow mare giggled, “They’re finally pissing

"They're" shouldn't be capitalized, or the comma after "giggled" should be a period and have a second space after it

“Good…” she stammered, “Good… good…”

second "Good" shouldn't be capitalized, or the comma after "stammered" should be a period and have a second space after it

But we would help him bear it,” she said softly in my mind, “As we help bear mine.”

"As" shouldn't be capitalized, or the comma after "mind" should be a period and have a second space after it

I rocked forward on to my hooves as

"onto"

“I wanted to save you!”  I countered, raising the gun but

There was a familiar eep, and I glanced back

should "eep" be in quotation marks of some sort?

Stables 1 through 7, 9, 14 and 15, 18, 24, 29, 45, 60, 73, 78,

weird case, but should that be "One", "Seven", "Nine", "Fourteen", "Fifteen", and "Eighteen"?

Every Overmare since then has been sure that tomorrow we’d all die,” she said, her eyes narrowing and her teeth grinding, “But I know what this

"But" shouldn't be capitalized, or the comma after "grinding" should be a period and have a second space after it

“What can I do to help?”  I asked as I looked a

“Rivets, I’ve seen the raiders outside... you need...” what?

second space after quotation and capitalize "what"?

26:
the Element of Generosity,”  I said to myself as I

extra space after quotation

27:
A few of the glowing variety received S.A.T.S. guided magic rounds into their noggins.

"S.A.T.S.-guided"

36:
to walk our hooves to the nub,”  Rampage said

Just… hang on,”  I said with a sniff…

“Don’t...,” I said in a voice so strained it

delete comma

45:
Stable 1?  Where was that?  

"Stable One"

the details at your hub after the meeting with Rarity.  Gotta fly. ”

shouldn't have space before closing quotation mark

54:
spoken in the Zebra Empire… and… um… ”

shouldn't have space after last ellipsis

55:
Four point-blank blasts rammed into her and ripped her

"point blank": I think that's the only time you've hyphenated it

66:
“”Yeah, yeah.  Just a second.

double opening quotation mark, delete second

73:
“Over fifty thousand caps of C-4, though... ”

shouldn't have space after ellipsis

74:
Moldy Goldy.  Twilight… Twilight... ”

shouldn't have space after last ellipsis

But…  I... ”

shouldn't have space after second ellipsis

75.2:
Pythia said with a grin. “No pony can defeat

76:
Velvet hissed, sweeping the sword. “You just

I laughed, despite my tears. “Maybe you’re right,

Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:13 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:"Zanzebra" shows up a few times. Should this be that?
I'm going to leave it as it is.

Icy Shake wrote:weird case, but should that be "One", "Seven", "Nine", "Fourteen", "Fifteen", and "Eighteen"?
Hm... No, yeah, I'm leaning towards this being a special case.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:23 pm

O. Hinds wrote:I thought that people might like to know that the first draft of the final chapter is complete.  I've read it.  It's good.  :)
...and now Somber has written "The End". I have seen it.
I've not finished my readthrough of the epilogue but this is a thing that is happening.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:51 pm

The end is nigh!
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:11 am

Bother.  Equestria did have oxygen talismans.  In my defense, they were only mentioned only three times in PH and not at all in the original, but still, I ought to have remembered to check even if I didn't remember the fact.  I am very greatly sorry for this error I have made.  Okay, the rockets are still salvageable, though.  Oxygen talismans take power.  Furthermore oxygen atoms are heavier, which may mean that each oxygen atom takes more power to produce than each hydrogen atom.  A reactor small and light enough to fit in a rocket can only provide so much power.  If the reactor cannot fuel enough biprop production to accelerate the rocket at more than 1g, the ship still can't SSTO or definitely safely make a powered descent.  A LOX tank is less versatile, but this was to be a temporary design before moving on to better rockets; it was also intended, I assume, to only make planned trips to Equus orbit and the moon.  A cooling talisman for the LOX tank is presumably much cheaper in terms of energy.  And might lead to the overall system being cheaper in cost (during wartime) than building ships with powerful enough reactors using the technology of the day, if that was possible at all.  That's a... somewhat iffy support, but I think/hope that it's good enough.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content