Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:33 am

O. Hinds wrote:Furthermore, for full combustion, two atoms of oxygen would have to be produced for every atom of hydrogen
*cough* other way around *cough*
Oh, excuse me.

Your logic is sound, though. Each oxygen atom would cost approximately 8 times the energy of the hydrogen needed to burn it, and let's be honest, combustion is a crappy way to accelerate propellant. There's a concept being worked on right now for a SSTO that would carry a hydrogen supply, superheated by ground-based microwave transmission to achieve greater efficiency than any combustion-based rocket. If we assume that the reactor is running at maximum power just to generate hydrogen for launch, you'd need eight of the same reactor to produce enough oxygen... to launch the first reactor. So lifting the oxygen generators would take more hydrogen and more oxygen, and while you'd eventually get ahead of the game, now you're talking about a truly humongous rocket that introduces the engineering challenges of larger-scale construction, concerns about what happens if you have a failure, and so on. A smaller, simpler rocket, though more limited in capability, is entirely reasonable as a first step.

So yeah, it totally makes sense for the first generation of rockets to carry expendable LOX tanks instead, and the later generation to do away with combustion altogether. You're really just looking for hot gas shooting out the back of the rocket, so there's no reason not to skip the middleman if you can.

Plus, cooling talismans for the LOX (and the oxygen generation talismans themselves) can run on external power anyway since they're not really needed once you light it up.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:12 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:I thought that people might like to know that the first draft of the final chapter is complete.  I've read it.  It's good.  :)
...and now Somber has written "The End". I have seen it.
I've not finished my readthrough of the epilogue but this is a thing that is happening.

"The End"? As in literally the words "The End"?

Epilogue - Tomorrow wrote:
The End.

Like that?

*Actually cries, like, three or four freaking tears*
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Beyond that, there may be two different types of gas talisman, one of which has inputs and one which makes it from nothing. Stable 99 had talismans that converted "carbon dioxide and impurities" into oxygen, then into chlorine. Then there's the other type, which would be useful for rocketry, which would actually create oxygen from nothing. Since at least the outputs are tweakable, why not the inputs? Maybe the one used for setting off the explosion in the screaming room didn't create oxygen, but converted nitrogen to oxygen.

But if it's a creation issue, then what about the water talisman for the Seahorse, which seems to actually create water for its propulsion (or possibly other cases, including in FoE)?
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Beyond that, there may be two different types of gas talisman, one of which has inputs and one which makes it from nothing. Stable 99 had talismans that converted "carbon dioxide and impurities" into oxygen, then into chlorine. Then there's the other type, which would be useful for rocketry, which would actually create oxygen from nothing. Since at least the outputs are tweakable, why not the inputs? Maybe the one used for setting off the explosion in the screaming room didn't create oxygen, but converted nitrogen to oxygen.

But if it's a creation issue, then what about the water talisman for the Seahorse, which seems to actually create water for its propulsion (or possibly other cases, including in FoE)?
I don't understand your question. You're right that some talismans create while others convert, but what of it?

Actually, now that I look, the original FoE seems to depict only creation talismans. I mean, it's not totally clear that the various water and hydrogen talismans didn't purify or create it out of other atoms, but the Pink Cloud talisman explicitly pressurized Canterlot under the shield.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:23 pm

SilentCarto wrote:*cough* other way around *cough*
Oh, excuse me.
...Argh. I know I was tired, but how did I miss that? ARGH! Right, off to make corrections...
Also, I'm not officially here yet, hence my lack of replies to anything else right now.
Thank you for pointing out this new error, for which I also extend great apologies.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:12 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Beyond that, there may be two different types of gas talisman, one of which has inputs and one which makes it from nothing. Stable 99 had talismans that converted "carbon dioxide and impurities" into oxygen, then into chlorine. Then there's the other type, which would be useful for rocketry, which would actually create oxygen from nothing. Since at least the outputs are tweakable, why not the inputs? Maybe the one used for setting off the explosion in the screaming room didn't create oxygen, but converted nitrogen to oxygen.

I don't understand your question. You're right that some talismans create while others convert, but what of it?

Actually, now that I look, the original FoE seems to depict only creation talismans. I mean, it's not totally clear that the various water and hydrogen talismans didn't purify or create it out of other atoms, but the Pink Cloud talisman explicitly pressurized Canterlot under the shield.
Basically I originally thought it might raise an issue about timing if using the change/create distinction because a water talisman able to propel an 80' ship must have a massive throughput, making both oxygen and hydrogen, all for the magical output of a few spark batteries or a normal unicorn. So that might have supported the rockets. But because there were five years after the moon mission during which the talismans could have been improved before the megaspells happened. In retrospect because of the time difference the capabilities at the end of the war probably don't matter.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:48 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Your logic is sound, though.
Ah, thanks!

And thank you for your more detailed analysis.

SilentCarto wrote:Plus, cooling talismans for the LOX (and the oxygen generation talismans themselves) can run on external power anyway since they're not really needed once you light it up.
Well, the internal LOX tank is actually used to land, remember. But that would apply to the launch boosters, yes.

Derpmind wrote:The End"? As in literally the words "The End"?
Those words have been typed, yes. I've read and commented to the end of the epilogue.

Derpmind wrote:Like that?
Well, the format is slightly different, as I recall. :)

Derpmind wrote:*Actually cries, like, three or four freaking tears*
Yeah, it's... a big thing.

Icy Shake wrote:Maybe the one used for setting off the explosion in the screaming room didn't create oxygen, but converted nitrogen to oxygen.
There's also one that shows up later supplying medical oxygen. But maybe, yes... Of course, that would lead to a confusing terminology issue.

Icy Shake wrote:But if it's a creation issue, then what about the water talisman for the Seahorse, which seems to actually create water for its propulsion
That can have some interesting uses, yes. :)
Though I'm not sure quite what you're asking here, I'm afraid.

Icy Shake wrote:Actually, now that I look, the original FoE seems to depict only creation talismans. I mean, it's not totally clear that the various water and hydrogen talismans didn't purify or create it out of other atoms, but the Pink Cloud talisman explicitly pressurized Canterlot under the shield.
Aye.

Icy Shake wrote:In retrospect because of the time difference the capabilities at the end of the war probably don't matter.
Ah, good. I was worried for a bit in that paragraph. :)
And yeah, we do know that technology had by the end of the war advanced to the point that that ESS-A1, a much larger rocket propelled entirely by internally-generated hydrogen and capable of SSTO, was buildable. And for all we know, the Seahorse was the very latest design when the bombs fell.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:59 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Well, the internal LOX tank is actually used to land, remember.  But that would apply to the launch boosters, yes.
Oh, that's right. Thanks.

O. Hinds wrote:And yeah, we do know that technology had by the end of the war advanced to the point that that ESS-A1, a much larger rocket propelled entirely by internally-generated hydrogen and capable of SSTO, was buildable.  And for all we know, the Seahorse was the very latest design when the bombs fell.
Though given that the Seahorse is powered by spark batteries or direct casting rather than a reactor, it seems more likely that it's simply the magical version of a pumpjet. Was there any instance where it explicitly produced water without any potential intake?
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:50 am

SilentCarto wrote:Was there any instance where it explicitly produced water without any potential intake?
Well, here's where the engine is introduced:
Spoiler:
“Come on in,” Oilcan said cheerfully. “Plenty o’ room for all.”
Glory stared into the hole with an audible gulp. I just gave her a friendly nudge on her hip and a smile that would hopefully convince her not to worry about it. P-21 jumped down happily; stable ponies had no problem with nice, tight, cramped spaces.
The engine itself was a block of polished brass inset with rubies and emeralds. It was connected by wires to a sapphire water talisman, twice the size of what we saw in 99’s utility room, that was hooked up to several large pipes. “This here’s the engine. It converts the raw magical spark energy into power for the water talisman. That makes the water that jets out the back to move the boat.”
“Is there supposed to be this much water in here?” P-21 asked, looking down at the inch or so of scummy water that was sloshing about our hooves. My PipBuck clicked slowly; there wasn’t nearly enough radiation to worry me unless I had an engine bilge water slurpee.
The motherly mare grinned at him. “Well if you’d like ta grab a bucket and do something about it, I know we’d be much obliged.” She reached into my box and pulled out a spark battery, flipping the heavy square container in her hooves. Inside the crystal hovered a red ball of magical energy that shed little waving lines of light. She opened a panel with her mouth and pulled out an empty container, then slid the fresh one into the receptacle. There was a sudden hum as the gems lit up. “Of course, for when we don’t got spark batteries, we’ve got a flux converter.” She gestured at a circle strung with a spider web of glistening crystal strands. ”Ain’t nearly as efficient.”
“And if that doesn’t work?” I asked.
“Well, then ya can get out and push. We’ve had to do that a few times.”
I suppose that there could be an intake, but Oilcan said that there wasn't.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:09 am

O. Hinds wrote:I suppose that there could be an intake, but Oilcan said that there wasn't.
I guess this is the part where I say, "It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit."
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Sorry.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:51 pm

Somber apparently promised reddit that we'd be releasing the final chapter and epilogue today so I thought it only fair to notify you all as well.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by The Truth on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:00 pm

Since it looks like this is actually happening, I guess I'll say this before everyone else starts.

I've been reading Horizons since the first few chapters were released and I've been occasionally lurking these threads to look for updates for maybe the past year. I stopped watching the show and started ignoring the MLP fandom pretty soon after Season 2 ended. The only thing that I continued with was reading the 10 or so ongoing fanfics that I had already started. One by one, they've ended over the months and years. Some were dropped by their authors and some were just never updated again without a word. Several ended successfully and happily. Project Horizons is (or was) the last one that I've been reading and has been for quite a long time. I've been reading and rereading this wonderful work for the 3 years since I last saw the show that it was based on, and I've been loving every word of it. Even as a stand-alone work, without the show, Horizons has still been a wonderful read. 

Thank you Somber, for continuing with your writing for all this time.
Thank you to all of the editing team, for helping make Horizons as great as it has been.

It's been a good run and a pleasure watching this journey unfold these past few years.

The Truth
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:27 pm

swicked wrote:Somber apparently promised reddit that we'd be releasing the final chapter and epilogue today so I thought it only fair to notify you all as well.
Holy shit, this is actually it. I've kind of been in denial about this whole "ending" thing (to be perfectly honest, I've been a few chapters behind), but here we are, on the precipice of the last dance. Truth done snuck in and got to saying it first, but it's been a fantastic fucking ride. I'm going to miss you guys murdering my headcanons, my ships, and my heart.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Warning, incoming chapter.
Warning, incoming end.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Well, everyone…  It’s out.  77.  The final chapter, with the epilogue after it.  I doubt that this is the end of work on PH; there will be typos found and fixed, almost certainly, there are a few edits Somber wants to make, and we hope to get it on FIMFiction.  This is, however, the end of the story, over 1.6 million words resulting from over four years of work.  We did it.  It has been quite a ride.  Kind of hard to believe that this is the last time I’m expecting to fly the Somber Signal...  Though the Signal wasn’t there at the beginning, of course, when PH, was just another small, anonymous FoE sidefic in an EQD compilation post, less than ten chapters to its name.  Only two chapters posted, when I first saw it, and certainly no dedicated comment thread; I left my error-spotting mixed in with posts about many other stories.  Still, Somber saw them, and somehow, I’m not really clear on the details now, I ended up working with him in the document for Chapter 3.  I do rather wonder how my life might have been different if I’d decided to spend that time reading some other new two-chapter story in the compilation.  PH has gotten so, well, okay, not big exactly, since it’s still a niche within a niche within a niche, but hopefully you know what I mean.  Speaking of that, thank you all very much for reading; without you, our readers, I doubt that we’d have lasted anywhere near this long.  Some of you may have helped more than others, but I think every bit of positive or constructive feedback has probably helped.  Anyway.  The end of the story is here.  I hope you enjoy it.  :)
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:51 pm

@The Truth:
wow; thank you for your thanks. :)

Scienza wrote:I'm going to miss you guys murdering my headcanons, my ships, and my heart.
Sorry. :)
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:26 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Well, everyone…  It’s out.  77.  The final chapter, with the epilogue after it.  I doubt that this is the end of work on PH; there will be typos found and fixed, almost certainly, there are a few edits Somber wants to make, and we hope to get it on FIMFiction.  This is, however, the end of the story, over 1.6 million words resulting from over four years of work.  We did it.  It has been quite a ride.  Kind of hard to believe that this is the last time I’m expecting to fly the Somber Signal...  Though the Signal wasn’t there at the beginning, of course, when PH, was just another small, anonymous FoE sidefic in an EQD compilation post, less than ten chapters to its name.  Only two chapters posted, when I first saw it, and certainly no dedicated comment thread; I left my error-spotting mixed in with posts about many other stories.  Still, Somber saw them, and somehow, I’m not really clear on the details now, I ended up working with him in the document for Chapter 3.  I do rather wonder how my life might have been different if I’d decided to spend that time reading some other new two-chapter story in the compilation.  PH has gotten so, well, okay, not big exactly, since it’s still a niche within a niche within a niche, but hopefully you know what I mean.  Speaking of that, thank you all very much for reading; without you, our readers, I doubt that we’d have lasted anywhere near this long.  Some of you may have helped more than others, but I think every bit of positive or constructive feedback has probably helped.  Anyway.  The end of the story is here.  I hope you enjoy it.  :)

I predict a late night for myself, especially since I don't know just when I'll be able to start.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:50 pm

Sorry. I might be greatly delayed getting to an error spotting post Saturday, if that helps.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:19 am

Welp, it's finally here...

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:51 am

sigh... yup...
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:18 am

swicked wrote:Somber apparently promised reddit that we'd be releasing the final chapter and epilogue today so I thought it only fair to notify you all as well.

Yeah, I found that out via The4thAggie. Who had his birthday a few days ago, he got very happy about it :D
So, yeah. Hype hype!
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:31 am

O. Hinds wrote:

Thank you very much for letting me go on this amazing ride with you on this story, it has been an amazing 8 months (since I started reading) seeing the last stages of the story come together. This fic is the greatest one that I have ever read and there were some bumpy bits in the story, but it always came through ^^

I wish everyone who was involved with this story good luck to the future :)
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:24 am

Congratulations, Somber. *hugs very gently*

And thank you.  To you, to Hinds, and all the other editors for everything that you've been through to help create Project Horizons and all the ponies that I love so much.

Chapter 77 Commentary:

"We were nine." - First sentence and already deviating from the plan, heh.  Since talismans are a limitation, I'm guessing that means she's including some attached souls or cyborgs...

Dusk is a bit surprising... but not too much.  I wouldn't have taken her because of her needing to be there for her sisters, and because of what happened to Glory, but I suppose that could go the same for why she deserves a place.  The power armor is certainly beneficial as well.

Interestingly unnamed mare at the control stand.

Ultra-Sentinels with mouths make me think of the Reaver Bots in the under the city part near the end of Mega Man Legends...

Highly armored Crumpets is a decent choice, and Lancer isn't bad either.  Not surprised Pythia actually made the choice, as I said, her knowledge could definitely make a big difference, even if it's just being able to tell the direction to go.

Psalm is definitely surprising...  I would have thought she would be needed more on the surface, and for trying to keep the Brood in check.  I guess that's not as much of a concern if the world is going to end though...

“I didn’t bring you!  You stowed away!  I specifically said ‘no fillies or colts allowed’!” - Well then, nevermind what I said above.

Ah, and Aries.  Doesn't seem like a bad choice either, more armor and very melty fire can be useful.  And a good sense of humor, she seems nice.

"A wire wrapped around one of her forelegs like a strand of a spider's web, then tightened, cinching clean through the limb." - Thanks to a rather obscure manga, I know exactly what this looks like, a decent mixture of terror and nostalgia.

Sweetie Bot, well that explains how she was talking then.  Not a bad choice either, though the recharge time really stinks.

"One, a dusty voice chuckled." - Definitely sad Lancer was the first, though it's not like losing any of the team wouldn't hurt, or that I actually thought they'd make it through without losing anyone.

The whole train chase sequence was very well done.

"How's serving the fallen stars working for you now, you moron?!" - Pythia continues to be amusing.

I was somewhat hoping Amadi would cooperate for once and die quickly so they could just keep going.

At least Whisper has a nice gun to use, for having to use one.

Oh, it was Aries, not Crumpets... still sad, even if she'd only just joined the party.  I guess being a 'former' Steel Ranger doesn't make their odds any better when I like them.

And now Blackjack is all alone...  For now I can say that's the saddest part of it.  I'm sure it'll get worse.  Or not alone.  And definitely worse.

Admittedly the discussion of Blackjack's special talent with 'the Wasteland' really doesn't clear up anything.  It makes the situation more depressing, and does it fairly well, but that's about all.

From how everything was going, I didn't think Glory's plan was still an option at all, I'm glad it is, and that she didn't go with trying to use EC-1101 to "save everyone".

"I was so worried after that terminal overloaded." "Duct Tape?" - Well now...

"Scotch said, brushing her mane out of her blue eyes." - Blue eyes again.

Ah, I was figuring it was some reaction from the Moonstone bullet, but an attack by the Eater makes sense too.  And again with the second generator, as expected.

And so the third one is Happyhorn.  A decent mix of nostalgia and being very unnerving.

The description of all of Blackjack's friends... feels nice, in a really odd way.  Is the tinfoil pony supposed to be SteelHooves?  Murky and Silver Storm maybe...  The last two don't seem familiar at all though...
[After the fact: Ah, so it was a lucky guess on SH, and right about Murky.  Wasteland Bouquet huh?  Well I will certainly take a look at it when I can.]

"Borderline Personality Disorder, stemming from early abandonment. She also suffers from the delusion that others are fictitious parents of hers.  It's a... rather unique take on the standard transient, stress-related psychotic features that we sometimes see in those clients" - Seems to be in a lighter gray color than the rest of the text, as I think I've seen mentioned in other chapters before.

"What is P-21's real name" - Ha. Ha. Ha.  Suck it, Eater.

It's a very cinematic fight with the Eater, very fitting.

“Everypony I’ve cared about and loved is with me!  You’re the one who is alone!” - The flashes of everyone during this part was really very touching, especially with Blackjack's attacks actually seeming to do some damage.

"You have a heart of moonstone." - I'd been wondering if there was something more to that than just Glory being sweet...

"And while I couldn’t raise or lower the whole moon..."  "...I could raise a small piece of it." - Definitely an epic moment.

"But the souls lingered.  Millions.  Tens of millions." - I hadn't really cried yet reading the chapter, but this scene, and the three little mentions did make me tear up quite a bit.  If nothing else, it's nice to know that at least they're free.

I'm going to wait on any further comments about the story as a whole until I've had a chance to finish the Epilogue, but I can say that this chapter seemed like a very appropriate ending to Project Horizons.  It was epic, it was emotional, and if nothing else, I think you deserve praise for putting so much into this world, and actually managing to get through it and get it finished.

Reading the Epilogue will have to come tomorrow, unfortunately...  As a side note, Somber, sir, are you still planning to do the after-story questions on reddit, or may we ask questions here as well?
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 375

Back to top Go down

Here's what kkat wrote on FimFIc

Post by ILM126 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:14 am

Somber wrote:sigh... yup...

Somber, 10 minutes ago Kkat posted a link to her(? his) blog post on FimFiction on the Fallout Equestria Reddit thread. And here's the link for you guys to read.

End of an Era - FiMFiction.Net

Kkat wrote:I had another blog planned for tonight, but that can wait until next week, because this weekend marks an event that has a profound significance to the Fallout: Equestria fan community, and deserves special recognition.

Somber's magnum opus, the epic Project Horizons, has reached its long-anticipated completion.
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:26 am

The beast has been slain

The world is saved

The story... has ended

New ones are waiting to be told

I... need time to digest all of this

Somber, congratulations. You did it.

The editing team, good freaking job.

It's been a long ride, but now it's over. I guess it's when I say, screw you guys, imma build my own? *laugh*

This seems unreal.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:34 am

I just wish the bottle of whiskey I bought for chapter 33 and which accompanied me through some... significant moments of my life, wasn't at the other side of the country so I could toast to the end of Blackjack's tale.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:37 am

@ILM126:
Thanks. :)

Ryx wrote:And thank you. To you, to Hinds, and all the other editors for everything that you've been through to help create Project Horizons and all the ponies that I love so much.
Thank you, and you're welcome. :)

Spoiler:
Ryx wrote:I guess being a 'former' Steel Ranger doesn't make their odds any better when I like them.
Sorry.

Ryx wrote:Admittedly the discussion of Blackjack's special talent with 'the Wasteland' really doesn't clear up anything.
And about that.

Ryx wrote:"Scotch said, brushing her mane out of her blue eyes." - Blue eyes again.
Thought we got all of those... Thanks. :)

Rys wrote:Is the tinfoil pony supposed to be SteelHooves?
Aye.

Ryx wrote:Murky and Silver Storm maybe...
Well, the second one does start with an s. :)

Ryx wrote:Wasteland Bouquet huh? Well I will certainly take a look at it when I can.
I hope you enjoy it.

Ryx wrote:Seems to be in a lighter gray color than the rest of the text, as I think I've seen mentioned in other chapters before.
Thanks.
I'm glad you liked it. :)

ILM126 wrote:Somber, 10 minutes ago Kkat posted a link to her(? his) blog post on FimFiction on the Fallout Equestria Reddit thread. And here's the link for you guys to read.
Wow; thanks for the link. I'll read that after I finish these replies.

Harmony wrote:The editing team, good freaking job.
Thanks!

Harmony wrote:This seems unreal.
I know...

Harmony wrote:I just wish the bottle of whiskey I bought for chapter 33 and which accompanied me through some... significant moments of my life, wasn't at the other side of the country so I could toast to the end of Blackjack's tale.
Ah, very sorry about that.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:19 am

/me hugs Ryx.  I'm so glad that it finished well.
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Seft Sirag on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:36 pm

*Delurks*

Well, that was quite a ride.

I'm no good at reviews or commentary on stuff, but I do have a few things to say.

Anyway, first and formost, I want to say a huge thankyou to Somber for the story, and for fueling my own creative endeavours - FoE and PH helped me to completely reshape and improve on my own stories (and also got me into the Fallout games, which in turn also helped me with my own stories).

Secondly, a huge thanks to the editing team, and the rest of the community here - I may not have really been involved, but I've been by to read through the thread nearly every day since you first transferred over from EqD. Seeing other people's takes on the story added something to the reading experience.

Overall, I've enjoyed it - there were a few parts which made me a tad uncomfortable along the way, but I can honestly say that I've never found there to be many glaringly major issues with the story as a whole.

*Relurks*
Seft Sirag
Foal

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top